What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today? - Page 191
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 LastLast
    Results 6,651 to 6,685 of 6788
      I replaced my battery too this weekend with one from Costco. It's two months short of the 5 year mark. The original was replaced under warranty back in 2015.
      Have not done the reset yet but the car has not been driven since. I'll try it this evening.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheodorKalin View Post
      Thats what it is called here in sweden, dont know what you call it? ECU software tune? Flash tune?
      I have a guy who usually tune my volvos. He promised me +30 HP and +70 Nm. For half the price och polestar which only gives me 8hp and 40nm..
      Havent decided which one yet.

Skickat från min SM-G986B via Tapatalk
      That will be interesting as i thought these were locked ECU's. The only option so far has been piggybacks.

The Polestar gives you 20hp and 50nm at 4,000rpm, so its not that bad
      2015.5 V60 T5e - Various suspension and P* bits

Not today, but a few weeks ago changed my battery after 5 years so happy with that and reset the BMS. The next week I changed my front brake pads and switched over to my summer tires then gave it a wash and wax. Now if I can just get back on the road I'll be happy.
      Current: 2012 S60 R Design, P* tune - "Speedy Rabbit" (Named by granddaughter after a spirited run)
      Traded: 1999 S80 T-6 - "Brit"
      Traded: 1983 850 GLT - "Samson"

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today?

Installed a bunch of black/polestar OEM parts to my V60. The black rear valance, black mirror caps, and the carbon fiber center console. Still waiting on the gloss black front bumper pieces to arrive to replace the r design grey.

The silver mirrors never looked right on a white car, and I really don't love the look of the black with offset silver stripe R design center console.

I also got all the parts to install the OEM paddle shifters on my steering wheel. Not sure when I'm going to take that on.

I will be putting the r design mirror caps and center console up in the classifieds in the next few days, if anyone is interested.

Last edited by zwingz; 05-27-2020 at 09:14 AM.
      Current: '16 Crystal White Pearl V60 R-design platinum P* (Drive-e) AND '07 Oyster Grey Metallic S80 v8

Received my TDI Tuning module a couple of days ago and got it installed today. Mounted it on the Snabb intake heat shield (with rubber isolators sandwiched between). It seem to be my best compromise given the length of the cables, while keeping it in a cooler part of the engine bay, with good air flow and access.

Now I just need to get some miles on it to let it acclimate and adapt.

IMG_0678
      2015 V60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar tune
      Installed: Snabb MAF/air filter with Filterwears prefilter sock; Snabb intake pipe kit; Snabb charge pipe kit; do88 intercooler; Powerflex black torque arm bushing; IPD catted downpipe; Elevate/KPAX cat-back exhaust; TDI-Tuning Module; V90 R-Design 19x8.5 wheels
      Contemplating: Elevate intake manifold; Elevate Dual-port eCRV; Elevate Wastegate Actuator; KT4 Performance exhaust manifold; suspension

Quote Originally Posted by bincky View Post
      Received my TDI Tuning module a couple of days ago and got it installed today. Mounted it on the Snabb intake heat shield (with rubber isolators sandwiched between). It seem to be my best compromise given the length of the cables, while keeping it in a cooler part of the engine bay, with good air flow and access.

Now I just need to get some miles on it to let it acclimate and adapt.

IMG_0678
      Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
      They mount with 3M tape and screws. Takes about 5 mins a side. And yeah they are only for Rdesign bumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Do you see any changes in performance with the tunning box ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by anewman644 View Post

I did when I installed mine. I run 94 octane fuel and run map 7.. it pulls like a Mofo in 3rd and 4th gear now. Just a different car with it in

20% off those TDI tuning boxes currently, if I hadn't just spent $1,100 on a drone I'd be ordering one. Says it increases the T6 power to 396hp, that would be a nice bump!

Dropping by to say "Good bye" my friends.
      I learned a lot thanks to p.rico and Stef (from Canada) and other here.
      My V60 2016 2.0 is gone to a new family since I am moving back to Europe.
      I nearly sold all parts except IPD rear sway bar, front strut R-design, pedals R-design and my Polestar winter 19" replica.

Thank you all for your warm welcome and advice. Godspeed
      2016 V60 T5 2.0 FWD Premier Onyx Black Metallic: : BLIS | ERST Intake | IPD Rear Sway Bar | IPD F&R End Links | Powerflex "Race" Torque Rod | RD Suspension | IPD Skid Plate | Volvo Cap Mirror Satin Presentation
      Sold 2008 S40 2.4 FWD - Grey Metallic | K&N Filter | B4 & Koni Suspension

Monthly Seattle, WA: Meet and Greet Topic: HERE

Quote Originally Posted by TnoV60 View Post
      Dropping by to say "Good bye" my friends.
      I learned a lot thanks to p.rico and Stef (from Canada) and other here.
      My V60 2016 2.0 is gone to a new family since I am moving back to Europe.
      I nearly sold all parts except IPD rear sway bar, front strut R-design, pedals R-design and my Polestar winter 19" replica.

Thank you all for your warm welcome and advice. Godspeed
      Thanks for all those "How to" write ups and for doing those Seattle meet-ups, was great meeting you and the others. Much luck as you move back and hope to see you here on Swede Speed again with a new Volvo down the line!
      Current: 2012 S60 R Design, P* tune - "Speedy Rabbit" (Named by granddaughter after a spirited run)
      Traded: 1999 S80 T-6 - "Brit"
      Traded: 1983 850 GLT - "Samson"

Gave my Volvo a bath today after getting my new wheels on.

Installed my TDI tune box about 3 weeks ago and held off commenting on it until I had more time with it. Level 5 is where I have been keeping it daily, but I honestly don't feel a huge difference between the different levels. 1 feels a tiny tiny bit better than stock, mostly because the turbo comes in a bit smoother. Stock, T5 2.0 FWD, the turbo just seems to slam on around 3500? RPM and will torque steer hard. With the tuner, it comes in a little sooner and a little more gradual so it doesn't torque steer like crazy. At level 5 there is definitely more torque in the lower RPM and even when driving in non-sport mode the engine feels "beefier" than stock. It almost feels like a small NA engine and the throttle response is just a tiny bit better. In level 5 sport mode, the extra torque down low along with the faster shifts really helps make the car feel more lively. Non-TDI, non-sport mode always felt pretty sluggish and throttle response was typically pretty bad (some days it would randomly feel pretty good, almost between normal and sport), so I have been using sport mode more and more. I have noticed a possible increase in MPG, but I have recently done a lot more freeway driving. My average driving was about 70% freeway 30% city. I just spent a few days cruising around 70-80 mph on the highway, with about 10% city driving, sport mode, level 5 TDI, and a number of quick accelerations; currently sitting at 30 mpg. My sustained highway driving sits around 40mpg depending on grade, wind, etc.

Level 6 and 7 feel a little more "turbo-y" than 5, but I can't really say if the same "NA" feel is there for the engine in the lower RPMs as I only did some quick testing on 6 and 7 a couple of weeks ago and kept the car around the 4k+ RPM range using sport-manual mode. I will need to test out those modes again, but level 5 has been feeling and sounding really good. At level 5, sport mode, the engine makes a bit more noise than before and sounds pretty good. Having a stock exhaust however means it is just engine noise and not particuraly refined or anything, just more present. Being in sport mode can make it a tad loud for my taste in gears 1-2 with the windows closed, since the shifts come later, but outside the car it probably has little sound.
      2015.5 V60 T5 Drive-E FWD Premier Plus, Black Ember, Beachwood
      INSTALLED: TDI tuning box, PowerFlex "Race" Torque Bushing, StopTech Street brake pads, 300MM Centric fully coated rotors, 235/40/R18 Yokohama Advan Sport A/S, Ebay center console organizer, Fumoto oil drain valve, Liqui Moly 0w-20 oil, IPD end links, Heico SportIV suspension
      FUTURE:

Formally Owned:
      (Totalled, not by me) 2004 S60 T5 FWD: HD Bilstein suspension, 16" BBS SR wheels, Elevate cat-back exhaust, intake, Alpine speakers, IPD rear sway bar, IPD torque mount, poly subframe bushings, all LED lights

I think it makes a bigger difference on the T6 3L engines. I noticed quite an improvement on mine in 3rd gear and up

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
      I think it makes a bigger difference on the T6 3L engines. I noticed quite an improvement on mine in 3rd gear and up

Definitely makes a difference on the T6 3L. Mine was worth a few tenths in the quarter mile and a few mph in the trap speed. The biggest gains in my timeslips were in the second half of the track, 3rd gear and beyond, after it gets past the major torque limiting effects of Gears 1&2. It really comes on hard after that, especially with a bit of race gas added to the tank. The TDI box responds really well to higher octane.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Quote Originally Posted by anewman644 View Post
      So far so good...I'm kind of edging into it slowly and gracefully, and ironically haven't had that much time to put some miles on it (to let the computer rebuild some adaptations around the new inputs). With that, though, I'm feeling confident with the additional pick-up I'm feeling so far!
      2015 V60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar tune
      Installed: Snabb MAF/air filter with Filterwears prefilter sock; Snabb intake pipe kit; Snabb charge pipe kit; do88 intercooler; Powerflex black torque arm bushing; IPD catted downpipe; Elevate/KPAX cat-back exhaust; TDI-Tuning Module; V90 R-Design 19x8.5 wheels
      Contemplating: Elevate intake manifold; Elevate Dual-port eCRV; Elevate Wastegate Actuator; KT4 Performance exhaust manifold; suspension

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      ..Says it increases the T6 power to 396hp, that would be a nice bump!
      hahahaha and you believe that?
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
      Yo, this post was number 6666... That's wild.

But yeah, an almost 20% horsepower gain over stock is an outlandish claim.

I REALLY wish someone would just freaking dyno before and after with a TDI box to put this to rest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

To push the T6 to 396hp with a tune only isn't going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
      Hey, I said it "would" be a nice bump, not that it "is" a nice bump.

I'd definitely be curious to what the actual power increase is. 20% increase in a turbo engine is not outside the realm of possibility with a tune, just look at the multiple companies offering tunes for the VWAG 2.0T and those gains.

The post above from @Bunnspeed of a few tenths/few MPH at the drag strip at least confirms there is a power boost. How much though is the mystery.

Did my yearly deep clean on the inside (pulled the car seats out) and gave the wagon nice wash as well with Adams Polishes Ceramic Wash n Coat soap. This time last year I had applied their 9H Ceramic Paint Coating. So far so good, it's holding up great. Car looks great for almost 6 years old and 41,000 miles.

Sent from my Samsung S9+
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels/RD Sport Pedals
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

Beautiful car! Looks like you haven't even sat in the driver seat! What leather product do you use?
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Beautiful car! Looks like you haven't even sat in the driver seat! What leather product do you use?
      Thanks! I use Adams Polishes Leather Cleaner (foam) with their Dry Eraser Block and follow it up with their Leather Conditioner.

Sent from my Samsung S9+
      Last edited by PureDrive07; 05-25-2020 at 10:37 AM.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels/RD Sport Pedals
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

I'd definitely be curious to what the actual power increase is. 20% increase in a turbo engine is not outside the realm of possibility with a tune, just look at the multiple companies offering tunes for the VWAG 2.0T and those gains.
      In theory it works, however, these cars have a small K16 turbo with a tight volumetric efficiency range - not to forget a lot of other supporting hardware such as injectors, intake, intercooler, wastegate etc. can't handle the boost required to get anywhere close to 396hp. The biggest issue is with the turbo itself - it will give up at ~18psi while begging for mercy knowing it simply can't do what you want it to do.

As Polestar/Volvo showed with it’s original M/T touring car concept you can get >500 hp out of the 3.0 T6, but how much do you want to spend and how useable do you want it to be...

There were builds over on the P2 R threads over 400 hp, but very ‘peaky’ with less low-end torque and thus not as much fun in real-world driving. I might just be getting old, but the real world power and torque (well above 300 for each) in our V60RD 3.0 is plenty for me.

Going electric next: 400 hp and maximum torque at 0 rpm in the Polestar 2

KECA Kombi - Now '16 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Just a K&N filter so far, but love the PoleStar tune.

The post above from @Bunnspeed of a few tenths/few MPH at the drag strip at least confirms there is a power boost. How much though is the mystery.
      20% with a tune (and in our case a lot of supporting mods), yes. 20% with a signal modifier? Absolutely not.

VAG does a great job of setting the customer up for big power gains with little $$$ spent. The turbo on the Golf GTI is very large for the displacement a simple tune will net you big gains.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Quote Originally Posted by KCCM View Post
      As Polestar/Volvo showed with it’s original M/T touring car concept you can get >500 hp out of the 3.0 T6...
      Indeed it did, with a LOT of upgrades including a much bigger turbo.

Some of us, have already spent over $15k in pursuit of this power.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nothing.
      Sitting parked with a flat tire

Mounted eibach springs, polestar rear spoiler and front winglets with a splitter. Cant decide if I like the splitter tho.. will probably go without it. Looks too heavy in the front with it.

Skickat från min SM-G986B via Tapatalk

Looks good theodor! I like it with and without the splitter. The splitter doesn’t add too much weight in my opinion. These cars do have a lot of lines in the front that busy them up, though.
      Current- 15 V60 T6 AWD RD Platinum P* Tuned
      Graveyard/Parts Bin/Projects:
      05 S40 T5 AWD GT Satin Pearl White
      06 V50 T5 AWD GT
      07 V50 T5 AWD M66

I like the front, it brings it down a bit and lines it up with the sides.

There are lots of competing elements though, the horizontal lines on the top grille, honeycomb on the bottom and then vertical on the new one. Its busy, but i dont mind it at all.
      2015.5 V60 T5e - Various suspension and P* bits

Quote Originally Posted by theimp View Post
      Nothing.
      Sitting parked with a flat tire
      Damn how long has it been sitting? You still got steelies on the sucker! Only run those in the winter on my car cause I don't want to mess up the Sadias.

Quote Originally Posted by PureDrive07 View Post
      Did my yearly deep clean on the inside (pulled the car seats out) and gave the wagon nice wash as well with Adams Polishes Ceramic Wash n Coat soap. This time last year I had applied their 9H Ceramic Paint Coating. So far so good, it's holding up great. Car looks great for almost 6 years old and 41,000 miles.
      Sent from my Samsung S9+
      Apparently Jersey is free of Assh0les. My 15.5 has 69,000 on the clock and I've owned it 4 years. Some jerk put a nice 10 inch scratch on my door about year and half ago with what I'm guessing was their car door. How you have managed to keep your car's luster and shine boggles the mind....

I do my best to park away from people, but it's inevitable. Park at the very end, come out, and find your car surrounded by other vehicles...

The S60CC on a Sport/R-Design suspension. The flares make it appear a little lower than a stock Sport/R-Design.

2016 V60CC Platinum
      2016 S60CC Platinum
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      The S60CC on a Sport/R-Design suspension. The flares make it appear a little lower than a stock Sport/R-Design.
      Looks nice, Chris! Just curious - why not start with a normal S60 and then do some modding to add the CC flares? Seems like that would have been cheaper than all the suspension work to get the same result as a non-CC S60, no?
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Former:

2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

Actually, in this case not cheaper. A few folks have asked this question and its a very reasonable question.

When we were looking to get my son a Volvo, this S60CC was close to $7k less than comparable 5cyl S60 T5 AWD Platinums (the few that were out there) and closer to $10k less than a R-Design Platinum. This S60 was on the dealer's lot for more than 60 days and we got a really good deal with the CPO warranty. With parts and labor to install the suspension swap was about $1400. I would have preferred to start with a R-Design but for the price we have a unique 1 of 1 S60 with gloss black inlays and the climate package. The 5cyl has plenty of power and it sounds great with the Borla exhaust.

Adding flares to a regular S60 is possible. It would require shaving the tabs off the flares and doube-sided taping them to the car.
      2016 V60CC Platinum
      2016 S60CC Platinum
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 LastLast