What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today? - Page 183
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 183 of 184 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 179 180 181 182 183 184 LastLast
    Results 6,371 to 6,405 of 6435
      Quote Originally Posted by Cloughley11 View Post
      thanks for the honesty.. satin black everything or everything except the wheels?
      Check the pic link in my Sig. Everything black. Its just my opinion of course, and my car is blue so the black just worked. I actually don't mind the chrome with the black but I think they grey is too close but not quite. Really black would look cool.
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust
      2014 XC90 3.2 R-Design - Black Saphire

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Replaced my aforementioned broken tail light - ordered used replacement from erievovo on eBay on Sunday night - it arrived yesterday - and came not only with the lamp housing, but also the bulb holder frame complete with working, albeit obviously used, brake, turn signal (chromed) and fog lamp bulbs

Only necessary to dismantle a quarter of the car and rebuild it around the new lamp assembly

VIDA instructions pointed me in the right direction but left a few details unexplained just to make it a bit more entertaining

There are three 8mm bolts holding the lamp assembly to the body that need to be undone from inside the trunk

Then remove the five T20 screws holding the bumper cover & wheel well together

After removing those the bumper cover can be pulled out and back from the wheel well to reveal two plastic panels. the one nearest the rear is held by two 8mm screws... when you remove the inside one and drop it you will then have to undo the T27 near the center underneath the bumper cover and pull the bumper cover down further to retrieve the bolt. At that point the keyless receiver for the trunk will fall out of the bumper cover and you'll have to wiggle that back into place. After removing the first panel you move on to the second - first remove the two bolts holding it then pull hard out and down to release the three fasteners holding it. You will then be able to access the 8mm bolt at the pointed tip of the lamp... most outward forward part relative to the car.

After that's removed the light unit slides out relatively easily, and then you put it all back together in reverse order.

Took me a couple of hours all told, with breaks for beer, consulting VIDA, scratching my head and looking for tools... could probably do it in a half-hour if I ever had to do it again... hope not

On a roll in the garage I also finally got around to swapping out my spark plugs, uneventful... #2 & #5 were a little tricky with the way the wiring harness sits right over them. All six had some white build up on the electrode, not an enormous amount, but in keeping with the fact that I do have to top up the oil a couple of times between changes. Not sure whether these are the original plugs or the second set... either way they don't owe me anything, and although too early to say for sure, the new set does seem to have cured my slightly bumpy idle. Oil and filter changed too... all in all a very productive morning.
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

Installed my replacement center vent, picked up off eBay for about $50 shipped... flaps had been broken since I bought the car almost a year ago, never quite got tor the top of the todo list until today... while in there also replaced the head unit with the nav one I had also picked up off eBay a while back.

Fairly straightforward, bit of a wrestle with the clips along the bottom of the vent panel resulted in one getting quite badly bent but no matter since that was the broken unit I was replacing anyway. Console trim came out easily enough. Despite the warnings o the video I watched I still managed to drop one of the screws thatís hold the head unit in place... is dropped down somewhere I canít even see deep in the bowels of the vent system with no hope of retrieval - hopefully somewhere out of harms way where it canít rattle or roll... time will tell.

Thankfully I did find the GPS antenna cord wrapped in foam behind the unit, proving that my car does have the ďnav readyĒ mods from the factory. The return date on the unit had passed before I even knew that was a thing so I never bothered to have the VIN looked up.

Hooked the unit up for a test before putting it all back to gather again and discovered it was not reading discs... tried several, it spat them all out saying ďdisc unreadableĒ - couldnít even hear the disc spin up so figured Iíd open up the old unit Iíd just removed to take a look at the actual disc drive unit. I was surprised to see that the one Iíd removed was a DVD player... pretty sure I had put in a DVD disc soon after I bought it and nothing happened, and even more surprised to see a June 2013 date stamp on it since my car is a 2011... obviously a story there that I might be better of not knowing... anyway - turns out that after removing the four screws and the top of the unit you just have to remove four other screws to take the disc drive out, and itís connected by two clip-in ribbon cables... was quite easy to swap the drive module from one unit to the other, and hook it back up again and was really happy that a Cd started playing as soon as l loaded it, and even more delighted when a DVD did the same. Satellite radio still works and kept my favorites, had to reprogram FM, purge the Bluetooth paired device list and pair my phone with it...

Havenít actually activated the Nav yet, not in this months budget to do it either with VDash or officially, maybe not next months either.... anyone got a NAV button lying around, or know where I can get one?
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

My brother went on vacation and left me his 2012 S60RD with 132,500 miles to give it my detail magic. Really shocked how well I got the wheels to shine again! I also took it to the dealer for him as well to get an oil change, new engine filter, new battery and lube some of the chassis bushings. All in all the car runs great, no engine issues (pulls strong) and chassis feels great.

Products used:
      Adams Polishes Clay Bar with Detail Spray
      Adams Polishes Compound (Microfiber & Blue Pad)
      Adams Polishes Polish (White Pad)
      Adams Polishes Surface Prep
      Adams Polishes Ceramic Paint Coating (5yr Coating Protection)
      Adams Polishes Ceramic Spray Coating (Glass, Plastic Trim and Wheels)
      Adams Polishes Ceramic Boost (Applied after 24hr Curing Process)
      Adams Polishes VRT on Tires (I prefer this sometimes over regular tire shine since it leaves a more natural finish to the tires that is satin)

Sent from my Samsung S9+
      Last edited by PureDrive07; 02-17-2020 at 02:30 PM.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

I also had my work cut out on the engine bay and exhaust tips.

Sent from my Samsung S9+
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

Ugh, wish you were closer! Your work always impresses!
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Former:

2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Ugh, wish you were closer! Your work always impresses!
      Thanks! Always check out my IG: Puredrive07 for all my detailing/Volvo posts! I'm always here to help anyone out in the forum if they have questions on products, tips or steps they need to take when its related to detailing.

Fantastic work PD, some of those before and after shots (like the tailpipes/rear) donít even look like the same car.

Very nice!
      2020 S60 PE, Matte Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal
      former: 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

Quote Originally Posted by beers View Post
      Fantastic work PD, some of those before and after shots (like the tailpipes/rear) donít even look like the same car.

Very nice!
      Thanks! I used Adams Polishes Metal Polish #1 & #2 on the tips, but because of the neglect, I ended up using my Dremel with a polishing tip to get them to the state that they look now. There's still pitting to the finish on the ends of the tips. Nonetheless they look great!

Wanna adopt a brother? That's some pretty incredible work.
      In the driveway: 2012 S60 T6 AWD | Black/Beechwood | Premium/Climate/Convenience Packages | BLIS | Sunroof | Active Bending Bi-Xenon | iPd Skid Plate | TFT DIM upgrade (mine), ... Former - 2006 S40 2.4i M56
      2009 Acura RDX & 1995 Celica GT Convertible (wife), 2017 GMC Sierra SLE | Elevation Edition | Crew Cab (son)

Quote Originally Posted by msmith View Post
      Wanna adopt a brother? That's some pretty incredible work.
      Haha! Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung S9+

Did some well needed vacuuming yesterday and a wash, also noticed that the plastic "cassett" that holds the speaker and so on inside the front doors actually was loose. I've had a rattle in the door that has annoyed me and now i know why. An easy fix for once.

On another note: I know someone here in one of all threads wrote the code for the grey color on the 19" Polestar winter wheels, do anyone have a clue who it was or the thread so I can fint it again? In have tried the search function without any luck.
      Edit: found it! "MA602-90 from Glasurit code."
      Last edited by Briander; 02-21-2020 at 09:19 AM.
      2012 V60 3.0 T6 AWD 452 black sapphire - Polestar tune, Polestar wheels 8x19". Simons 3" exhaust. JR air filter. H&R springs. R design front, diffusor, steering wheel, pedals. Frameless mirror, MY13 gear shifter, MY15 TFT DIM.
      1995 855 T-5R automatic 421 dark olive pearl - The long time project.
      https://www.instagram.com/t6blacksapphire/

Installed a K-PAX/Elevate catback yesterday on my V60. Wow, does it sound good! Still trying to get used to the volume though (showing my age). I'll post some pictures and videos once uploaded taken.

Quote Originally Posted by FAUGrad View Post
      Still trying to get used to the volume though (showing my age).
      I hear you (pun intended). I sometimes want more than just my Magnaflow, but then I am also at times annoyed by the hum on long stretches on the highway. You can't win with one car.

Glad to hear you like it!
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Replaced my aging PCV diaphragm. No extreme issues with the old one (it did have a split on the lip), but figured with 106K miles, it needed to be swapped soon regardless.

Last edited by p.rico; 02-21-2020 at 10:41 AM.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      I sometimes want more than just my Magnaflow, but then I am also at times annoyed by the hum on long stretches on the highway. You can't win with one car.
      I can't decide if I want to go with just the Magnaflow, or a set up like FAUGrad. At least an exhaust is currently down the list of priorities currently, means plenty of time to decide.

Since we're on the topic, I had the Magnaflow since September 2016 and just recently the welds between it and the tips failed. Tried to fix it myself but did not work. Needless to say it was quite loud.
      I took it to the shop that installed it and he said I need a new muffler. I told him do what you need to do I just need it to be fixed. He gave the choice between quiet and some noise and I chose quiet.
      Bottom line is after 3+ years of Magnaflow I'm much happier with the quiet and smooth ride.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Replaced my aging PCV diaphragm. No extreme issues with the old one (it did have a split on the lip), but figured with 106K miles, it needed to be swapped soon regardless.

Did you change the whole PCV box or just the diaphragm ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by anewman644 View Post
      The diaphragm. No sense in replacing the whole cover.

The diaphragm. No sense in replacing the whole cover.
      I’ve never seen an aftermarket diaphragm seal hold up. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughley11 View Post
      Painted my wheels, mirror caps, badges, grill and calipers. Let me know what you guys think. I wasn't sure on going all black and I wanted to lose the chrome look. I don't absolutely love it, but it'll do for now. I think changing the mirror caps to black will look better.

[Pictures]
      Iv'e been thinking about what you did here, I got the Polestar winter wheels as my summer wheels and this grey/black contrast is growing on me. Maybe to paint the mirror caps and grille...
      2012 V60 3.0 T6 AWD 452 black sapphire - Polestar tune, Polestar wheels 8x19". Simons 3" exhaust. JR air filter. H&R springs. R design front, diffusor, steering wheel, pedals. Frameless mirror, MY13 gear shifter, MY15 TFT DIM.

I added a trailer hitch to my V60 Bi-Fuel (CNG) mainly to carry bicycles and a cargo box.

Gesendet von meinem BBF100-1 mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EdVQ37 View Post
      Iíve never seen an aftermarket diaphragm seal hold up. Keep us posted.
      Check ViVA or FCp euro

Quote Originally Posted by wertzius View Post
      I added a trailer hitch to my V60 Bi-Fuel (CNG) mainly to carry bicycles and a cargo box.

This is why I enjoy this forum. So many different places from around the world in one place.

I certainly haven't heard of a bi fueled v60 before. Does it run on natural gas? More info please!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Yes, they were available until 2018 in Sweden and Belgium. Based on the VEA T5 with Geartronic. V70 and V90 were available also. They were fitted with the natural gas stuff at factory by Westport.

Range: around 300km, holds 17.8kg natural gas at max.

You loose some trunk space (10cm height) but it is worth it. I think they are the fastest natural gas cars ever made.

https://wfsinc.com/news-releases/201...and-luxembourg
      https://wfsinc.com/news-releases/201...g-sports-wagon
      https://wfsinc.com/news-releases/201...family-engines

I mounted my UltraGauge yesterday. Iím happy with how itís working so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Briander View Post
      Iv'e been thinking about what you did here, I got the Polestar winter wheels as my summer wheels and this grey/black contrast is growing on me. Maybe to paint the mirror caps and grille...
      Got some parts painted in the same polestar color as the summer wheels. Hoping for a good look.

Skickat frŚn min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maskeet603 View Post
      I mounted my UltraGauge yesterday. Iím happy with how itís working so far.

Is it plug and play?

Is it plug and play?

Yes it was, all I did was select what I wanted to monitor.

Yes it was, all I did was select what I wanted to monitor.

Where did you get it from. Could you post a link ?

I mounted my UltraGauge yesterday. I’m happy with how it’s working so far.

Is it plug and play?

I believe it just plugs into the OBD-II port.
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

Got an alignment a few days ago. I wasn't having any issues with the alignment, but I replaced my tires in November and I had no idea when the car was last aligned (would have been before I bought it in early 2018 if ever). So I waited until I found a deal and came across local indy running a groupon for $45. Hopefully this will be some cheap insurance against abnormal tire wear. Still enjoying my Yokohama Avid Ascend GTs.
      alignment specs.jpg
      With an engine only 12,000 miles old, and after replacing the front brake pads, tires, battery, and now an alignment, I think it's fair to say this 5 year old car is in as good a shape as it has been since it was 6 months old. The few things left I have to do are put in the headlight bulbs I keep forgetting I got for Christmas, a nice interior/exterior detail job, and maybe get a tint on the windows.
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Premier T5 FWD (with a new engine)

Installed the Weather Tech window guards on my S60. Only thing is the front don't come with adhesive like the rears and seem to interfere with the window closing sometimes. Sometimes it takes like 3 attempts for the window to finally close. Anyone have any input or experience with these? Thanks!
      2015 Crystal White Pearl S60 T6 R-Design
      KPAX Catback Exhaust
      Powerflex Torque Rod Insert
      IPD Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks
      18" Polestar Replicas

Quote Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
      I believe it just plugs into the OBD-II port.
      Yea I figured but waiting for the link to purchase one

google is your friend

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

The listing on Amazon is sold by Ultra-Gauge.
      Last edited by gobluetwo; 03-09-2020 at 09:35 PM.
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 183 of 184 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 179 180 181 182 183 184 LastLast