What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today? - Page 184
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 184 of 192 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
    Results 6,406 to 6,440 of 6712
      Has anyone here installed the elevate j-pipe resonator delete pipe? I'm looking for some nice intake noise and this should theoreticly do it.

https://www.elevatecars.com/store/vo...te-silver.html
      2012 V60 3.0 T6 AWD 452 black sapphire - Polestar tune, Polestar wheels 8x19". Simons 3" exhaust. JR air filter. H&R springs. R design front, diffusor, steering wheel, pedals. Frameless mirror, MY13 gear shifter, MY15 TFT DIM. MA602-90.
      1995 855 T-5R automatic 421 dark olive pearl - The long time project.
      https://www.instagram.com/t6blacksapphire/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
      google is your friend

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

The listing on Amazon is sold by Ultra-Gauge.
      Thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today?

ELEVATE Sway-bar install with Polestar end links.

Installed the ELEVATE rear swaybar today with a pair of Polestar rear swaybar links. All I can say is WOW. What a night and day difference. The car feels so much more planted in the rear and you can REALLY feel the cars new found stability in cornering.

Steering is very sharp and crisp. The excess body roll in the rear when you really pitch it into a corner is GONE!

I upgraded my swaybar links with Polestar ones just to further increase rigidity and stability as the Polestar links do not allow any movement being a ball/socket joint on both ends vs the stock rubber bushing type.

From purely a drivability standpoint, this is a MUST DO on these cars to eat up that terrible body roll.

I’m lowered on H&R springs and that really did help with steering and body roll it was not enough. The car is finally where I want it for handling.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EdVQ37 View Post
      ELEVATE Sway-bar install with Polestar end links.

Installed the ELEVATE rear swaybar today with a pair of Polestar rear swaybar links. All I can say is WOW. What a night and day difference. The car feels so much more planted in the rear and you can REALLY feel the cars new found stability in cornering.

Steering is very sharp and crisp. The excess body roll in the rear when you really pitch it into a corner is GONE!

I upgraded my swaybar links with Polestar ones just to further increase rigidity and stability as the Polestar links do not allow any movement being a ball/socket joint on both ends vs the stock rubber bushing type.

From purely a drivability standpoint, this is a MUST DO on these cars to eat up that terrible body roll.

I’m lowered on H&R springs and that really did help with steering and body roll it was not enough. The car is finally where I want it for handling.

What's the P/N for the Polestar endlinks/where did you order them from? I want them for my IPD RSB, but I've also heard they aren't compatible with the IPD bar, even though it looks essentially the same as the elevate one.
      2015 Crystal White Pearl S60 T6 R-Design
      KPAX Catback Exhaust
      Powerflex Torque Rod Insert
      IPD Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks
      18" Polestar Replicas

Quote Originally Posted by willkoch1990 View Post
      What's the P/N for the Polestar endlinks/where did you order them from? I want them for my IPD RSB, but I've also heard they aren't compatible with the IPD bar, even though it looks essentially the same as the elevate one.
      P/N is 31360098. P/N for the locking nuts is 985930, you’ll need 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Briander View Post
      Has anyone here installed the elevate j-pipe resonator delete pipe? I'm looking for some nice intake noise and this should theoreticly do it.

https://www.elevatecars.com/store/vo...te-silver.html
      Yes, I have had that installed since about a week after release. I wrapped it in exhaust wrap myself but I doubt it's really needed and imo made the install just a little more trouble. Maybe they have tweaked the weld area a bit. It was a very bothersome install even without wrap which only added 1mm at most. The trouble was getting the new pipe and silicone hose to mount to the turbo inlet. It seemed if you mounted the silicone connector to the turbo, when you would go to install pipe, the frame keeps the pipe from making the apparently very critical clearance. And then it was getting the clamps on AND getting a decent angle on the clamp to tighten. This would have been easier if I had 3 hands. It took me about an hour to install and that included the cold wall removal which is necessary.

Now, as for the intake noise. It's superb. An open element filter would make it better for noise. I dremeled out a few portions of plastic underneath the air filter housing so the sound is very nice. Once you get used the blipping the throttle to get a huge whoosh, its a lot of fun, especially @BMW Drivers. It was worth it for me. Can't remember if I took any pics. I'll look around.

I would recommend a good 7mm 1/4 swivel socket and a long 18in 1/4 extension for installing hose clamps, you'll never get a good angle with a screwdriver in there to tighten clamps. Easiest for me was a swivel socket and extension. Snap-On makes the smallest 7mm 1/4" swivel socket but they are damn proud of it @49.50 but when it breaks you get a new one. I ordered a 1/4" swivel set off Amazon for $35 Astro. Was a little set from 5mm-15mm. They seem adequate for home use. I'll say they are much beefier than the Snap-On but that means they won't sneak in to tighter spaces. Still for the money its worth getting a set.
      2011 S60 T6 Ember Black/Off Black, P* Tune, TDI-Tuning Box, DO88 Intercooler, IPD DP, Simons Sport Exhaust, IPD rear sway bar, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's, 19" Polestar Wheels, 90mm Wheel Studs

Quote Originally Posted by anewman644 View Post
      Yea I figured but waiting for the link to purchase one

https://ultra-gauge.com/ZC/index.php...l3mj68d6bsp1i0

Sorry for the delay been a crazy few days

Quote Originally Posted by Oceans60R View Post
      Yes, I have had that installed since about a week after release. I wrapped it in exhaust wrap myself but I doubt it's really needed and imo made the install just a little more trouble. Maybe they have tweaked the weld area a bit. It was a very bothersome install even without wrap which only added 1mm at most. The trouble was getting the new pipe and silicone hose to mount to the turbo inlet. It seemed if you mounted the silicone connector to the turbo, when you would go to install pipe, the frame keeps the pipe from making the apparently very critical clearance. And then it was getting the clamps on AND getting a decent angle on the clamp to tighten. This would have been easier if I had 3 hands. It took me about an hour to install and that included the cold wall removal which is necessary.

Now, as for the intake noise. It's superb. An open element filter would make it better for noise. I dremeled out a few portions of plastic underneath the air filter housing so the sound is very nice. Once you get used the blipping the throttle to get a huge whoosh, its a lot of fun, especially @BMW Drivers. It was worth it for me. Can't remember if I took any pics. I'll look around.

I would recommend a good 7mm 1/4 swivel socket and a long 18in 1/4 extension for installing hose clamps, you'll never get a good angle with a screwdriver in there to tighten clamps. Easiest for me was a swivel socket and extension. Snap-On makes the smallest 7mm 1/4" swivel socket but they are damn proud of it @49.50 but when it breaks you get a new one. I ordered a 1/4" swivel set off Amazon for $35 Astro. Was a little set from 5mm-15mm. They seem adequate for home use. I'll say they are much beefier than the Snap-On but that means they won't sneak in to tighter spaces. Still for the money its worth getting a set.
      What was your reasoning for wrapping with exhaust heat wrap? Personally wouldn't have gone that route but Keen to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Cleaned my exhaust outlets as I don’t think they had ever been cleaned. I wish I had taken a before photo but to help you imagine they were completely black before the cleaning. The left one definitely had more soot on it than the right. There are still small blacks spots on each which I couldn’t scrub out but they look much better. I’ll never let them get that bad again.

Nice!
      What did you use to clean them?

Quote Originally Posted by yarok78 View Post
      Nice!
      What did you use to clean them?
      Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser Liquid with a sponge that has an abrasive side works very well

Quote Originally Posted by volvoxc9008 View Post
      Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser Liquid with a sponge that has an abrasive side works very well

Try clay barring them, after you’ve done the whole car. Or not

Quote Originally Posted by goonerm3 View Post
      Try clay barring them, after you’ve done the whole car. Or not

Good idea.

With all the time I have while “quarantined” I vacuumed, disinfected and detailed my interior. I didn’t realize how much dog hair there was in the back seat area and feel bad now for anyone who sat back there. I was working in hyperdrive so the whole thing took around 40 minutes. Now if the pollen could stop falling so the exterior could stay clean for more than 30 seconds. Lol

Installed a Snaab 3" Turbo Intake Pipe. They had it on fcp euro on clearance and saved a good $60 compared to the Snaab site. Took some finagling to get the lower bracket out but it looks great and i can hear a bit more air noise but for performance wise my butt dyno can't tell much!

https://imgur.com/a/b1EqxQq

Temperatures in the 50's and clear skies so gave Speedy a wash and clay bar yesterday. Today was a wipe down then a new coat of wax, vacuum inside and treat the leather. Cleaned the engine compartment checked and dressed tires and all fluids are good. Tomorrow I'll do the dash and door panels to finish it all off.

Went down to the local Staples store to get a good gamer chair for my home office since working from home for a while. Took my wife's SUV and since it was on the way home, stopped off at the car wash. After doing my car, figured I'd do a quick detail on the SUV and use the spray detailer. Did you know that you can do 3/4 of an SUV before you realize you grabbed the leather conditioner instead of the detailer spray?
      Current: 2012 S60 R Design, P* tune - "Speedy Rabbit" (Named by granddaughter after a spirited run)
      Traded: 1999 S80 T-6 - "Brit"
      Traded: 1983 850 GLT - "Samson"

Quote Originally Posted by T6dude View Post
      Did you know that you can do 3/4 of an SUV before you realize you grabbed the leather conditioner instead of the detailer spray?
      Its probably all the same product with a different scent!
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design - Rebel Blue - Polestar Tune - Polestar Performance Chassis - Polestar Performance Cat Back Exhaust
      2014 XC90 3.2 R-Design - Black Saphire

Quote Originally Posted by T6dude View Post
      Did you know that you can do 3/4 of an SUV before you realize you grabbed the leather conditioner instead of the detailer spray?
      Ooof that's the kind of thing I could see myself doing, so many of the bottles look pretty much identical that you have to really pay attention. Was the leather conditioner easy to get off?

Yesterday spent a little more time on the stereo install in the V60, tapped the 12V from the center console, ran that along with a DSP remote cable and a coax cable for a Fiio X5 from the arm rest to the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by EdVQ37 View Post
      P/N is 31360098. P/N for the locking nuts is 985930, you’ll need 4.

Thanks for the parts numbers. Installed this weekend. Waiting for the rain to clear to see how much of an improvement this made.
      1998 Volvo C70 - Mystic Silver/Charcoal, Stage III
      2007 Volvo S60r - Electric Silver/Nordkap - SOLD, and Missed.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Caspian Blue/Off-black

Put on some hard wax Megs #16 to be exact after a 3-hour-long cleaning job.

Pretty color!
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Swapped out the chipped grille inserts I had painted with an extra set I just recently painted. Hopefully these don't chip as easily. Will probably sand down the ones I just removed and repaint them too, nice and thick lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      2015 Crystal White Pearl S60 T6 R-Design
      KPAX Catback Exhaust
      Powerflex Torque Rod Insert
      IPD Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks
      18" Polestar Replicas

Had a new windshield installed after getting a small chip about a month ago. It was right in my line of sight and it really bugged me so they said to change the whole windshield because a patch would bug me even more - good call. The tech really got a kick out of my prancing moose stickers!
      Current: 2012 S60 R Design, P* tune - "Speedy Rabbit" (Named by granddaughter after a spirited run)
      Traded: 1999 S80 T-6 - "Brit"
      Traded: 1983 850 GLT - "Samson"

Finally got the summer wheels back on. Did some color matching by getting the mirror caps and grille frame painted the same color as the wheels.

Skickat från min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk
      2012 V60 3.0 T6 AWD 452 black sapphire - Polestar tune, Polestar wheels 8x19". Simons 3" exhaust. JR air filter. H&R springs. R design front, diffusor, steering wheel, pedals. Frameless mirror, MY13 gear shifter, MY15 TFT DIM. MA602-90.
      1995 855 T-5R automatic 421 dark olive pearl - The long time project.
      https://www.instagram.com/t6blacksapphire/

Family wash day. The pollen needs to stop. You can’t really tell but you could see dust on each car minutes after it was washed and they’ll just get dustier for two weeks while we sit in the house.

Washed mine today as well, no pictures though.

Quote Originally Posted by volvoxc9008 View Post
      Family wash day. The pollen needs to stop. You can’t really tell but you could see dust on each car minutes after it was washed and they’ll just get dustier for two weeks while we sit in the house.

Put a cover on them?

Had my indy do oil/filter, RR wheel bearing, said all the other fluids looked great, cleaned up the KT4 downpipe, IPD catback fitment issues. I put the summers on yesterday, quick interior clean up, swap out floor mats.
      2014 S60 T5 AWD, Sport, Power Blue, Beechwood, Full Heated, IPD Rear Bar W/HD links, IPD Skid Plate, IPD Cat-Back, IPD Trunk Spoiler, EST Strut Brace, KW V3's, Cratus Gun metal Grey 18*8, 235/45 Comp 2 A/S, (Winter 245/40-18 Ice-X), Snabb CAI, RICA Stage 2, KT4 DP, Do88 FMIC, Paddle Extensions, Viva 2 pt Rear Brace...…...
      2019 Mustang GT, PP1, etc, etc. Newest summer toy!
      1986 Mustang SVO, Summer toy, 340/340 hp/torque at the wheels on a 2.3 4 cyl turbo!
      2013 Imprezza hatch, Hers

At 40,200 miles I did a transmission drain and fill 3 times, changed both front and rear diff/angle gear and changed the Haldex.
      I was shocked how dirty the trans and diff fluid was. Haldex fluid looked fine.
      I used an icarsoft vol II for trans fluid temp, worked perfect.

Finally got around to fitting my adjustable rear camber arms from Megan Racing. Rear camber was at -2º on passenger side and -2.2º on driver side. Was getting uneven tire wear causing droning noise. Brought the rear to -1º on both sides. Install was straight forward, 2 bolts per side and nothing else has to be undone to remove and install these. A little difficult to adjust and lock down, especially when suspension is under load and wheel in place due to clearance.

Hello,

I was thinking about putting a p* spoiler on my RD S60. I've found a replica on ebay, not 100% the same but the price difference is substantial; any thoughts on this particular item ? Anybody has already put it on their car ?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Painted-Volv...d134%7Ciid%3A1

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
      Hello,

I was thinking about putting a p* spoiler on my RD S60. I've found a replica on ebay, not 100% the same but the price difference is substantial; any thoughts on this particular item ? Anybody has already put it on their car ?

This thing looks huge!
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Just as the p* does.. Haven't got any in my hands but the dimensions looks ok to me.. the recess on the back portion, looks smaller on the copy than it is on the real one.. but dimension wise they look the same.. I'm curious to see if anybody has some experience with this particular item

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
      Hello,

Personally, I would steer clear of replica spoilers. I bought one years ago for my Audi from what looked to be a reputable seller on Ebay. Long story short, fitment was atrocious and I had to open a dispute with my credit card company to get rid of the awful thing as the seller fought tooth and nail to say it was fine.
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Former:

2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

I have a 2012 S60 T6 R-Design with the polestar tune.. Just pulled the trigger on the 8EightFab 3.5" down pipe and the Polestar - Stage 2 tune from Hilton Tuning along with the torque limiter delete. The down pipe wont be fabricated for about 6-8 weeks.. Kinda sucks, but i'm pumped to see what kind of gains I get out of it. I've had the car for a little over 2 years now. Wish I would have pulled the trigger a little sooner, but the Polestar tune kept me satisfied for awhile. This is the first sport sedan I have owned.

Heres a list of all the mods I have:

- Koni Special active struts and shocks with HD strut mounts
      - Ipd sway bar with HD end links
      - GFB Diverter Valve Upgrade
      - Ipd torque engine mount
      - K&N drop in filter
      - NKG one step colder spark plugs

I've done a ton of research on whether or not to add the Elevate cat back exhaust, Snabb intake with the 3" piping and the DO88 FMIC. However, the exhaust seems like it's going to be more of a sound increase rather than a performance increase, the intake seems like it is also more of a sound increase over performance and the DO88 FMIC just seems like a real pain to install. The down pipe is already going to be a nearly impossible task. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying the exhaust and intake won't add gains, but for the money, I don't see them being worth it. The DO88 FMIC is the only other mod I am considering, but I will decide that after I get the tune and see how things go.

Having said all that, i'm no expert when it comes to cars. Just done a lot of research and tried to pinpoint the areas that improve the cars performance the most. Not a fan of throwing money at the car for a deeper tone (exhaust) or a cool swoosh (intake) and getting minimal performance gains. I am open to any feedback from you guys. I know a ton of you have at least one or multiple of these mods and any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be giving the car a full detail later this week, i'll post pics when it's done!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 184 of 192 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast