What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today? - Page 177
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 177 of 183 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
    Results 6,161 to 6,195 of 6381
      Merry Christmas Eve to all those who celebrate!

On-topic... installed the ProClip USA S60 Center Dash Mount - they're pricey, but they're made in Sweden and it's definitely the highest-quality mount I have ever used. I think it looks better integrated into the dash. I wish us P3ers would get a Sensus update for Android Auto but alas, this is the next next thing and now I don't have to waste a cupholder for my phone!

2017 S60 T6 R-Design (His) | 2013 XC60 T6 (Hers) - IPD skidplate | 2012 S60 T6 R-Design - mods galore | 2006 XC90 2.5T AWD | 2000 S40 1.9T

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dblockerrr View Post
      Finally put my new stickers on, +5 hp ftw!

Still have to put my swedespeed.com stickers on, but have to wait till it's not -8* outside.

holy hell, dont mind the dirt everywhere!
      I hope for your sake the car was clean when you put on the stickers.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
      Current: 2015 S60 T6 RDesign Platinum - Passion Red | Alcantara - Polestar tune, Elevate GT6 Exhaust, IPD Downpipe, H&R sport springs, IPD rear sway bar, IPD rear endlinks
      Previous: 2004 S60R - Titanium Gray | NordKap

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmf View Post
      I hope for your sake the car was clean when you put on the stickers.

Yep. Cleaning it beforehand is just common sense. IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      2018 S60 Cross Country - CPO
      2016 S60 Cross Country (totaled)
      2010 s40 AWD R-design (sold)
      2005 s40 T5 (sold)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Installed my Blendmount recently on the V60. I've had a Blendmount on both of my previous GTI's and it was the first thing I had to get once I got the V60. The installation was straight forward and took about 15 minutes. I think it took longer to remove all the plastic covers around the mirror then the actual installation took.

Here is a picture of the wiring powering the radar detector being tapped into the plug powering the auto dimming mirror. The red (hot) wire is towards the front of the car in case anyone wants to duplicate this in the future.

The next two images are of the final product. I wish the mount were tucked little closer to the mirror and a little further back but happy overall.

Just changed my flat with the spare I ordered a month or so ago. Got to make use of the wheel bolt hangers, also. Huge screw stuck in my tire.

Sadly, I forgot to check the tire pressure of the spare, but fortunately that was just a quick trip to the gas station to fill it up (took my portable tire inflator out of my car and forgot to put it back).
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

Ordered a new sticker from Taobao. It's a piece of metal instead of a thin film that came original with the car. Better.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jion View Post
      Ordered a new sticker from Taobao. It's a piece of metal instead of a thin film that came original with the car. Better.

The factory one is metal too. The blue portion the comes off is only the top layer. Remove the old metal portion too before installing the new one. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by EdVQ37 View Post

The factory one is metal too. The blue portion the comes off is only the top layer. Remove the old metal portion too before installing the new one. 🙂
      Correct, the image below is of my steering wheel badge, but the outer grille badge is the same make-up (transparent/color badge over embossed metal logo sheet).

2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post

Correct, the image below is of my steering wheel badge, but the outer grille badge is the same make-up (transparent/color badge over embossed metal logo sheet).

I’ve replaced that one too...I’m still looking for a black version to match my grille. Too bad Dave Barton can’t make them anymore. 😞

I’ve replaced that one too...I’m still looking for a black version to match my grille. Too bad Dave Barton can’t make them anymore. 😞
      https://www.auslandervlv.com/accessory-shop/0916grlbdg

Washed her... didnít have time to snap a good pic and it seemed like everyone was outside today and I didnít want to look like a tool taking pics of my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iíve replaced that one too...Iím still looking for a black version to match my grille. Too bad Dave Barton canít make them anymore. 😞
      I found one on eBay. Black.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Quote Originally Posted by FAUGrad View Post

https://www.auslandervlv.com/accessory-shop/0916grlbdg
      Quote Originally Posted by emgrock1 View Post
      I found one on eBay. Black.

Thanks guys. I’ll take a look!

Installed my Blendmount recently on the V60. I've had a Blendmount on both of my previous GTI's and it was the first thing I had to get once I got the V60. The installation was straight forward and took about 15 minutes. I think it took longer to remove all the plastic covers around the mirror then the actual installation took.

Here is a picture of the wiring powering the radar detector being tapped into the plug powering the auto dimming mirror. The red (hot) wire is towards the front of the car in case anyone wants to duplicate this in the future.

The next two images are of the final product. I wish the mount were tucked little closer to the mirror and a little further back but happy overall.

Nice setup! I think I may be buying a V60 in the next week or two and I'm interested in doing a Blendmount for my Uniden R7. Does the plastic housing just pull off with some force or is there a trick? The red wire from the mirror tap simply just plugs into the hole closest to the front of the car, and then the black mirror tap wire plugs in above it? Thanks!
      Daily Driver: 2017 V60 T6 R-Design Bursting Blue / Black, 37k, "Bertie"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R sedan Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R estate Cream Yellow / Black, 287k, "Daisy2"
      Garage Queen: 2005 V70R Flash Green / Nordkap, 86k, "Flash"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"
      Past: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 88k, "Roxy"
      Past :2006 XC70 AWD Willow Green / Beige, 148k, "XC"

Quote Originally Posted by ckmack View Post
      Nice setup! I think I may be buying a V60 in the next week or two and I'm interested in doing a Blendmount for my Uniden R7. Does the plastic housing just pull off with some force or is there a trick? The red wire from the mirror tap simply just plugs into the hole closest to the front of the car, and then the black mirror tap wire plugs in above it? Thanks!
      The plastic housing just pulls off, the big piece is held on to tabs on the windshield and pulls of easily. The only tricky piece was the smaller piece in the middle of the big piece surrounding the mirror; there I had to use a bone tool to get it to come off.

The black wire (ground) was plugged into the middle opening, just next to the red wire.

Just had Veredestein Quatrac 5 tires installed this morning. Backstory is that I had an irreparable flat and, rather than trying to find a matching used tire or just replacing 2 tires, I decided to replace all 4. We had about an inch of snow last night and I can say that these definitely have much better snow/slush traction than the OEM contis and the all-season Michelins (Primacy, I think) on my wife's car. Much harder to break loose on snow/slush, whereas the contis readily slid. However, they have also noticeably less traction than dedicated snow tires.

Feels like a good compromise between dedicated snow and all-season tires after all of 2.5 hours of ownership. Time will tell re: wear, traction noise, comfort, etc., but will have a good opportunity this winter to see how they perform with real snow.
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
      Just had Veredestein Quatrac 5 tires installed this morning. Backstory is that I had an irreparable flat and, rather than trying to find a matching used tire or just replacing 2 tires, I decided to replace all 4. We had about an inch of snow last night and I can say that these definitely have much better snow/slush traction than the OEM contis and the all-season Michelins (Primacy, I think) on my wife's car. Much harder to break loose on snow/slush, whereas the contis readily slid. However, they have also noticeably less traction than dedicated snow tires.

Feels like a good compromise between dedicated snow and all-season tires after all of 2.5 hours of ownership. Time will tell re: wear, traction noise, comfort, etc., but will have a good opportunity this winter to see how they perform with real snow.
      Please do report back when you have had a chance to drive on them a little more. I'm very curious how they will be in terms of quietness on the highway. That's one of my biggest priorities for my next set of tires as these P3 cars tend to be very sensitive to tire choice when it comes to road noise.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Love the neat install. I just installed my Thinkware dashcam, but was too chicken to tap into the mirror plug. I ran the cable along the gap between the windshield and roof liner, down the A pillar and under the driver seat to plug it into the 12V socket in the 2nd row. The car is only a 3 weeks old, so I may wait a little longer before I start pulling out any trim. How hard was it to remove the plastic cover behind the mirror?
      Last edited by v60ccfusionred; 01-04-2020 at 05:52 PM.

My key fob came apart in the laundry, found everything but a tiny spring and it works just fine. Won that lottery

Quote Originally Posted by Militant_Otaku View Post
      My key fob came apart in the laundry, found everything but a tiny spring and it works just fine. Won that lottery
      I'm embarrassed to report that I've 'laundered' several over the years and haven't had any failures... yet. The normal routine is to pop the remote into a bag of rice (aka Nature's desiccant) and let it sit for a while. Needless to say, the drying out process is dramatically reduced when you discover the remote while folding clothes out of the dryer.
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; '6? 145DL & '7? 245DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

Quote Originally Posted by v60ccfusionred View Post
      Love the neat install. I just installed my Thinkware dashcam, but was too chicken to tap into the mirror plug. I ran the cable along the gap between the windshield and roof liner, down the A pillar and under the driver seat to plug it into the 12V socket in the 2nd row. The car is only a 3 weeks old, so I may wait a little longer before I start pulling out any trim. How hard was it to remove the plastic cover behind the mirror?
      It was pretty easy to remove the plastic cover behind the mirror. I recommend using a bone tool such as this:

https://www.ipdusa.com/products/4801...-volvo-9814071

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Please do report back when you have had a chance to drive on them a little more. I'm very curious how they will be in terms of quietness on the highway. That's one of my biggest priorities for my next set of tires as these P3 cars tend to be very sensitive to tire choice when it comes to road noise.
      Haven't actually had a chance to drive on the highway, although I have gone for short (1-2 miles) stretches on local roads at 55+. So far, the sidewalls some a littler softer than the stock contis, so ride quality is slightly better, although handling is slightly diminished. I'm no speed racer (anymore), though, so I am happy with the ride/handling tradeoff.

I *think* tire noise is slightly greater than with the OEM tires, although my caveat here is that the alignment was a bit off when I got the car, so a couple of the tires were already feathered and made some noise (pulsing) when driving over smooth surfaces. That's gone now, but I can hear tire noise which seems slightly louder than OEM, but it's still faint and not, imo, obtrusive. Again, this is at 55-60mph on surface streets, not sure what it's like at 70+.

Will report back when I've driven more.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyr32 View Post
      Merry Christmas Eve to all those who celebrate!

On-topic... installed the ProClip USA S60 Center Dash Mount - they're pricey, but they're made in Sweden and it's definitely the highest-quality mount I have ever used. I think it looks better integrated into the dash. I wish us P3ers would get a Sensus update for Android Auto but alas, this is the next next thing and now I don't have to waste a cupholder for my phone!

Been using it for over a year and love it. Pricey, but worth it.

Replaced a burned out headlight bulb
      2014 S60 T5 AWD, Sport, Power Blue, Beechwood, Full Heated, IPD Rear Bar W/HD links, IPD Skid Plate, IPD Cat-Back, IPD Trunk Spoiler, EST Strut Brace, KW V3's, Cratus Gun metal Grey 18*8, 235/45 Comp 2 A/S, (Winter 245/40-18 Ice-X), Snabb CAI, RICA Stage 2, KT4 DP, Do88 FMIC, Paddle Extensions, Viva 2 pt Rear Brace...Ö...
      2019 Mustang GT, PP1, etc, etc. Newest summer toy!
      1986 Mustang SVO, Summer toy, 340/340 hp/torque at the wheels on a 2.3 4 cyl turbo!
      2013 Imprezza hatch, Hers

Oh I see. Thanks!

Installed KW 30mm spring spacers on the front and back to raise the max height of my KW coilovers. Front and back are now finger gab. Very happy with the results.
      Attached Images Attached Images

Removed the V60, AWD, T6 and Polestar badges from it.

My front "Volvo" badge came off a week or so ago. It must have been hit by a rock because it came clean off. I replaced it today with a black badge which looks much nicer and should last longer.

Current: 2015 S60 T6 RDesign Platinum - Passion Red | Alcantara - Polestar tune, Elevate GT6 Exhaust, IPD Downpipe, H&R sport springs, IPD rear sway bar, IPD rear endlinks
      Previous: 2004 S60R - Titanium Gray | NordKap

I took advantage of the +60 degree weather we had in NJ this weekend and have the wagon a good scrub to get the road salt off from previous weeks; even sprayed under the chassis.

Sent from my Samsung S9+
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      At this point, I've got about 40 highway miles, as well as 15 miles in light snow. I have to say that I am impressed so far. The tire noise is there if you listen for it with the radio off, but it's really not obtrusive or particularly noticeable at all, in my opinion.

Traction, as I mentioned above, is definitely better than my wife's standard all-season Michelins and the all-season Bridgestones on my previous car. Starting from a stop in my wife's car on a layer of maybe 1" of snow resulted in some slippage. The AWD on the Volvo probably helps, but you can definitely feel the superior traction from a stop and around the 90 degree bend in our driveway.

Also as mentioned in my initial review, it rides softer than the OEM conti's. Handling is a little softer, but ride quality is also improved. Probably not the best if you want sharp handling or dry grip.

For my purposes, this is just about everything I want in a tire, which is solid performance in all 4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by PureDrive07 View Post
      I took advantage of the +60 degree weather we had in NJ this weekend and have the wagon a good scrub to get the road salt off from previous weeks; even sprayed under the chassis.

Sent from my Samsung S9+
      Nice looking V60. Red suits it well. Are those OEM winglets or aftermarket?

2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Quote Originally Posted by PureDrive07 View Post

Sent from my Samsung S9+
      Sheís a beauty, the winglets really make the front end. I canít wait to add mine this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by emgrock1 View Post
      Nice looking V60. Red suits it well. Are those OEM winglets or aftermarket?

These are aftermarket from this seller on eBay. The fit and finish is perfect and I've had no issue with them.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

^^ Great, that's one more thing I have to add to the list for my (new to me) V60!

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      ^^ Great, that's one more thing I have to add to the list for my (new to me) V60!
      Just make sure that you have an R-Design front bumper as these will not fit the standard V60 bumper; only the R-Design/Polestar front bumper.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 177 of 183 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast