What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today? - Page 178
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 178 of 180 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 LastLast
    Results 6,196 to 6,230 of 6300
      Yep, mine is an R-Design so these should work nicely. So far I am at...

Tint windows
      Lowering, not sure if I am going to do coilovers or just springs yet. Just want it lowered about 0.5 - 0.75" or so
      Wheel spacers - The OEM 18" wheels sit really far inboard.

And now I have the winglets to add to the list.

Started trying to figure out the door harness wiring yesterday, currently I have the High Performance with the 3 way set up in the doors. Looking to replace it all with aftermarket, but not yet sure how to get 3 sets of speaker wire into the door. Was hoping that 3 sets already go through the molex plug, but not so sure at the moment.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Yep, mine is an R-Design so these should work nicely. So far I am at...

Tint windows
      Lowering, not sure if I am going to do coilovers or just springs yet. Just want it lowered about 0.5 - 0.75" or so
      Wheel spacers - The OEM 18" wheels sit really far inboard.

And now I have the winglets to add to the list.

Started trying to figure out the door harness wiring yesterday, currently I have the High Performance with the 3 way set up in the doors. Looking to replace it all with aftermarket, but not yet sure how to get 3 sets of speaker wire into the door. Was hoping that 3 sets already go through the molex plug, but not so sure at the moment.
      If you only want to lower it that much I would just do H&R springs. I have them on my V60 and love the feel. Also the winglets only fit 2014 and newer Rdesign if you werenít sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, I'll look into those. Previous vehicle I had lowered a decent amount on coilovers, while it looked great, I don't want something that low again, just something to reduce the wheel gap a little.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Ebay Engine Star/Stop button and Polestar Performance shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Please do report back when you have had a chance to drive on them a little more. I'm very curious how they will be in terms of quietness on the highway. That's one of my biggest priorities for my next set of tires as these P3 cars tend to be very sensitive to tire choice when it comes to road noise.
      At this point, I've got about 40 highway miles, as well as 15 miles in light snow. I have to say that I am impressed so far. The tire noise is there if you listen for it with the radio off, but it's really not obtrusive or particularly noticeable at all, in my opinion.

Traction, as I mentioned above, is definitely better than my wife's standard all-season Michelins and the all-season Bridgestones on my previous car. Starting from a stop in my wife's car on a layer of maybe 1" of snow resulted in some slippage. The AWD on the Volvo probably helps, but you can definitely feel the superior traction from a stop and around the 90 degree bend in our driveway.

Also as mentioned in my initial review, it rides softer than the OEM conti's. Handling is a little softer, but ride quality is also improved. Probably not the best if you want sharp handling or dry grip.

For my purposes, this is just about everything I want in a tire, which is solid performance in all 4 seasons.
      Thank you for your update! They sound like a great tire choice!
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Thanks, I'll look into those. Previous vehicle I had lowered a decent amount on coilovers, while it looked great, I don't want something that low again, just something to reduce the wheel gap a little.
      I’m on KW V3s and they go pretty low, which looks awesome but greatly reduces basic functionality of these cars if you go lowish, thanks to very little ground clearance to begin with and long front overhangs. I used to scrape constantly even on regular streets with a bit of crowning, and couldn’t get into most driveways. I’m much happier with the KWs raised up a bit higher, to right around the same drop as the H&Rs. Another KW disadvantage is they introduce a lot of road noise that wasn’t nearly as pronounced with stock T6 suspension. I’m assuming a spring drop will get you to a nice usable ride height with far fewer compromises and about half the cost even if you use new dampers. I’ve even considered going back to a cup kit of some sort but my commuting needs changed drastically this year so the KWs aren’t as much of a problem on my short commute and limited road use (wifey’s Lincoln MKX is available for longer distance use and more technical stuff, lol)
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Removed the V60, AWD, T6 and Polestar badges from it.
      I had the T6 AWD emblems left on my car but removed them aswell the other day, still not sure if the naked look is te best.
      2012 V60 3.0 T6 AWD Summum 452 black sapphire
      *Polestar tune *Polestar 19" *Simons 3" catback exhaust *JR air filter *H&R springs *R design stuff

1995 855 T-5R automatic 421 dark olive pearl
      *The long time project.

https://www.instagram.com/t6blacksapphire/

Quote Originally Posted by Briander View Post
      I had the T6 AWD emblems left on my car but removed them aswell the other day, still not sure if the naked look is te best.
      Personally I don't like it... looks like a car that got in an accident and after repainting the rear end they did not put the badges back. Seen this a lot around here.

Quote Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
      Personally I don't like it... looks like a car that got in an accident and after repainting the rear end they did not put the badges back. Seen this a lot around here.
      I’m generally not crazy about debadging cars, either. It’s supposed to look sleek but usually ends up looking bland and too...blank, for lack of a better word. Ir looks fine but it’s rarely an improvement imo.
      12.99 at 109mph

For those interested in doing their own transmission flush, I've documented my experience.

This was done on an XC60 with a T6 so the same process applies to any T6 car or vehicle with TF80-SC Aisin trans.

I performed a drain and fill first then refilled and flushed 4 times.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by R-Pow3R3d; 01-15-2020 at 03:31 PM.
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Iím on KW V3s and they go pretty low, which looks awesome but greatly reduces basic functionality of these cars if you go lowish, thanks to very little ground clearance to begin with and long front overhangs. I used to scrape constantly even on regular streets with a bit of crowning, and couldnít get into most driveways. Iím much happier with the KWs raised up a bit higher, to right around the same drop as the H&Rs. Another KW disadvantage is they introduce a lot of road noise that wasnít nearly as pronounced with stock T6 suspension. Iím assuming a spring drop will get you to a nice usable ride height with far fewer compromises and about half the cost even if you use new dampers. Iíve even considered going back to a cup kit of some sort but my commuting needs changed drastically this year so the KWs arenít as much of a problem on my short commute and limited road use (wifeyís Lincoln MKX is available for longer distance use and more technical stuff, lol)
      Thanks for the info. My A4 Avant was lowered on ST Coilovers and much like you say with the Volvo, it looks awesome, but scraping the car regularly is no fun. Thankfully there is not much around here that I would scrape on, but I just don't want to go that low again. Just enough to remove a little of the wheel gap, so will likely go with the H&R springs at some point.

Iím generally not crazy about debadging cars, either. Itís supposed to look sleek but usually ends up looking bland and too...blank, for lack of a better word. Ir looks fine but itís rarely an improvement imo.
      I like it, have done it to the past 3 cars I owned. I have heard people say that about it getting in an accident, but at the end of the day, I prefer the look. I will say I don't like the look with the manufacturer badge removed as well, so on the V60 I still have the Volvo badge. Personally, for me with all the badges gone it looks weird, which is why I leave the manufacturer.

I posted a separate thread with this question, but this seems to get more traffic. Do any of you know how to attach the side skirts? My passenger side is a little loose and I want to get it back securely attached.

Anyone used this as well: https://www.downloadworkshopmanuals....anual-download Looking for a manual so I can take some of the interior apart without breaking anything, having a hard time finding one.

I'm mulling around the idea of deabdging the back except for the V O L V O and the Polestar badge, might be a cleaner look and allow me to polish the back end more thoroughly
      Daily Driver: 2017 V60 T6 R-Design Bursting Blue / Black, 36k, "Bertie"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R sedan Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R estate Cream Yellow / Black, 287k, "Daisy2"
      Garage Queen: 2005 V70R Flash Green / Nordkap, 86k, "Flash"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"
      Past: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 88k, "Roxy"
      Past :2006 XC70 AWD Willow Green / Beige, 146k, "XC"

Quote Originally Posted by ckmack View Post
      I'm mulling around the idea of deabdging the back except for the V O L V O and the Polestar badge, might be a cleaner look and allow me to polish the back end more thoroughly
      Agreed. That's the reason I removed mine.

Quote Originally Posted by emgrock1 View Post
      Agreed. That's the reason I removed mine.

Yeah, see that looks great!
      Daily Driver: 2017 V60 T6 R-Design Bursting Blue / Black, 36k, "Bertie"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R sedan Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R estate Cream Yellow / Black, 287k, "Daisy2"
      Garage Queen: 2005 V70R Flash Green / Nordkap, 86k, "Flash"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"
      Past: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 88k, "Roxy"
      Past :2006 XC70 AWD Willow Green / Beige, 146k, "XC"

I decided to put my MS Paint skills to the test before committing to anything...

I decided to just leave it alone. I think I like it with the V O L V O better than without.

Last edited by budleach; 01-15-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Mine is like your picture 1, everything but V O L V O removed, will try to get a picture later if I remember.

For those interested in doing their own transmission flush, I've documented my experience.

This was done on an XC60 with a T6 so the same process applies to any T6 car or vehicle with TF80-SC Aisin trans.

https://youtu.be/AlpLS9ZleeI

GREAT video...thanks for that. Subscribed to your channel; you have some really interesting content!
      2015 V60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar tune
      Installed: Snabb MAF/air filter with Filterwears prefilter sock; Snabb intake pipe kit; Snabb charge pipe kit; do88 intercooler; Powerflex black torque arm bushing; IPD hi-flow downpipe; Elevate/KPAX cat-back exhaust
      Contemplating: Tune; Elevate intake manifold; modified turbo; suspension; wheels

Quote Originally Posted by bincky View Post
      GREAT video...thanks for that. Subscribed to your channel; you have some really interesting content!
      Thanks for that. It's a weird mix of stuff but it keeps the channel interesting

Yeah, see that looks great!
      What, you donít want ďV60 T6 3.0 AWDĒ on the back as well like my Ď16?

If I remember correctly from the tour, the only badging the new PoleStar 2 has is the Ďstarí logo on the grill, steering wheel and shift knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      KECA Kombi - Now '16 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Just a K&N filter so far, but love the PoleStar tune.

https://youtu.be/AlpLS9ZleeI
      MODERATOR: Can we sticky this video?
      1998 Volvo C70 - Mystic Silver/Charcoal, Stage III
      2007 Volvo S60r - Electric Silver/Nordkap - SOLD, and Missed.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Caspian Blue/Off-black

Could you please create a new thread dedicated to this process? That will let me sticky the thread. I can't really sticky one post in a massive thread.

That said, as the forum accumulates these really helpful How-To/Information/DIY/Part Number type threads, once we hit some critical mass I'll try and create a one-stop thread like this one for the P2 XC90:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...to-quot-Thread
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2006 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 1999 F250 Powerstroke, 2005 TSX, 1997 Bonneville, 1998 Concorde

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      Could you please create a new thread dedicated to this process? That will let me sticky the thread. I can't really sticky one post in a massive thread.

That said, as the forum accumulates these really helpful How-To/Information/DIY/Part Number type threads, once we hit some critical mass I'll try and create a one-stop thread like this one for the P2 XC90:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...to-quot-Thread
      Yep!

Thats what i did

2015.5 V60 T5e - Various suspension and P* bits

Thanks for that. It's a weird mix of stuff but it keeps the channel interesting
      Subscribed as well, that video was really helpful. Saw you had a few other videos about maintenance as well, and the JoyCon videos may also come in handy (already had to send one set to Nintendo for warranty repair).

Never thought of like that, maybe because it's popular a least here to just take them all off. But now I'm getting second thoughts.

Nice to see all the ways you can play your emblem game here. Mine below without any of them. A bit confused now, don't know what I like the best.

Last edited by Briander; 01-16-2020 at 03:16 AM.
      2012 V60 3.0 T6 AWD Summum 452 black sapphire
      *Polestar tune *Polestar 19" *Simons 3" catback exhaust *JR air filter *H&R springs *R design stuff

1995 855 T-5R automatic 421 dark olive pearl
      *The long time project.

https://www.instagram.com/t6blacksapphire/

Received Powerflex yellow insert for the upper torque engine mount. Hope to be installing soon as my stock mount is torn.
      Nick
      2015.5 V60 T6 RD, Crystal White Pearl
      19x8.5 +45 O.Z. Ultraleggera HLT on 235/40R-19 Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus

Quote Originally Posted by WagonMafia View Post
      Received Powerflex yellow insert for the upper torque engine mount. Hope to be installing soon as my stock mount is torn.
      Why wait? I put the black one in when mine was almost brand new. More vibration in the steering wheel but felt a little difference overall

I completely debadged my 1998 C70 coupe back when it was new in 1998, kept the car for 19 years, and I loved that so many people asked what it was!!!! They were shocked when I told them it was a Volvo! The only thing that said Volvo were the wheel caps.......It seemed like the only people than knew what it was were fans of The Saint!.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ĒAdventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
      Why wait? I put the black one in when mine was almost brand new. More vibration in the steering wheel but felt a little difference overall

What do you mean more vibration in your steering wheel? Did you insert new power flex ?

Quote Originally Posted by anewman644 View Post
      What do you mean more vibration in your steering wheel? Did you insert new power flex ?

Your basically turning it into a solid mount and reducing the slop in the drivetrain. You will
      Feel more vibration from the engine throughout the car is all

Your basically turning it into a solid mount and reducing the slop in the drivetrain. You will
      Feel more vibration from the engine throughout the car is all

Wonít it loosen or breakin as time goes on ?

What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today?

Wonít it loosen or breakin as time goes on ?

Mine didnít. Once you put that insert in with the factory bushing itís a tight fit. Itís designed to stay hard. I put the black one in which is a harder compound so if you use the yellow one it wonít be to bad

Mine didnít. Once you put that insert in with the factory bushing itís a tight fit. Itís designed to stay hard

I bought the whole mount from ipd. So will take the old mount out and install the ipd one. Hopefully that wonít cause much vibration

I bought the whole mount from ipd. So will take the old mount out and install the ipd one. Hopefully that wonít cause much vibration

It probably will. The factory rubber bushing is sloppy compared to polyurethane IPD one.

It probably will. The factory rubber bushing is sloppy compared to polyurethane IPD one.

I see. I am getting some slight vibration in my gas pedal. Although it goes away within a few minutes, I am attributing the problem to engine mount. Also I am thinking itís due to change of weather. Itís cold on this side. After this step, I will go for tire rotation. My mechanic told me my rear right tire is bad although itís few months old Michelin Pilot tires.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 178 of 180 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 LastLast