SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Bent Lower Cladding

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  stsmark 
#1 ·
This morning, got to work, opened the passenger side to grab my backpack and it seemed a little difficult to get it opened. Then heard a loud pop. Here's what happened :facepalm:

Above pic when the door is opened

Above pic when the door is closed

I am pretty sure the double sided tape had lost its adhesiveness. Then the edge caught up to the fender once the door is opened.

Also, no sign of damage to the fender as well. I was thinking maybe someone hit the front of my car which pushed the fender toward the rear of the vehicle. Not the case. Driver side looks fine and dandy.

Anyway, anyone else experienced this? :confused:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
This morning, got to work, opened the passenger side to grab my backpack and it seemed a little difficult to get it opened. Then heard a loud pop. Here's what happened 🤦

Above pic when the door is opened

Above pic when the door is closed

I am pretty sure the double sided tape had lost its adhesiveness. Then the edge caught up to the fender once the door is opened.

Also, no sign of damage to the fender as well. I was thinking maybe someone hit the front of my car which pushed the fender toward the rear of the vehicle. Not the case. Driver side looks fine and dandy.

Anyway, anyone else experienced this? :confused:
Somewhat. I have this issue on the passenger side with my "new for me" 2016 XC70.
Mine is loose... same area as you, across the passenger door bottom .. doesn't make contact with the front fender yet. And your experience is what I'll be trying to avoid. That white tape looks like that Scotch brand double sided stuff. I have 3M Heavy duty black emblem tape on hand for issues like this and it works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.