SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Time for some new love for this forum!

12K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  earthworm 
#1 ·
Hey all,

For those that might have noticed, I've been added as a moderator for this forum aside from the R Forum. I've noticed a number of stickies at the top that are very dated (way back to 2004) so i've already removed one (the gallery one, which is nearly ancient).

Anyway, there's plenty of activity here and I know there's a quite a few forum regulars as well that come here daily. What are things you want to see done? and are there any relevant threads or stickies you would like to see added to the top that would help newcomers as well as oldtimers?

Treat this thread as a sounding board, let me know what you think and I'll see what buttons I can push around here.

Thanks,

~D

#2 ·
I think it'd be nice to have an s60 index like the R forum has http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?69045-S60R-V70R-Modification-amp-Repair-Index I know there isn't as many notable build threads but I think there are a few pretty nice builds on here that I learned from that I thinks new members could benefit from if it was in an index and stick noted like that.

I know this would take a bit of digging but I'm sure a lot of members would be happy to submit the links to their build threads, repair threads, and modification threads if you wanted to accept pm's with links, and you judge as to what is good material and whats not necessary. By the way beautiful car lurk on the R forum every once in a while and love your build.

Thanks!

#3 ·
For the R forum, it was pretty much my idea to merge all the similar threads into the R Index, and I'm sure the exact same could be done here given the wealth of information that's available in this forum alone.
The only problem is, there isn't a list to work with. So we need to start somewhere, and this should be the place. I'll make this thread a sticky and those that have links should post it up here. Follow the basic guidelines similar to the R forum , and we can get started!

Thanks for the compliments on my car :)

#4 ·
I don't know why this bothers me so much... Time after countless time someone chimes in and asks for advice and they don't even bother to state what they are driving.

I would like to see everyone include the Year, Model, Sub model somewhere that automatically comes up when you post.
Maybe make it "a must" fill in the blank for signatures...

#5 ·
Signatures are pretty much optional for most users, i find that only more frequent users actually fill out their signatures. Maybe it's hard to find this feature on the forum without digging around in the settings.

#7 · (Edited)
I think that stickies of the most common problems on our cars would be appropriate. ETM diagnostic and replacement procedure backed by a video. Transmission diagnostic and repair to assist in DIY to address the problem outside of rebuilding the tranny/valve body, backed with a video. Suspension/steering/drive shaft schematics and diagnostic, along with a step by step to disassemble and put it back together backed up by a video.

Also, maybe a sticky that catalogs user repair and mod videos for the visual learners like myself!

I also would like to see folks tool collection and which tools are a must for the DIY. Maybe home shop pics, layout, and overall technique to manage your personal shop and repairs/mods.

A scheduled maintenance sticky might be nice s well.

Lastly, a sticky "I made this mistake so that you don't have to." Could be some comedic fodder along with time and money saving tips.

Hope that helps!

#8 ·
Links to- or subtopics with more popular mods how-tos would be a real plus...like the DIY FMIC that many have done, but is always done differently, or the 13T to 16T upgrade.

#9 ·
I've noticed in a few of the forums there are information on which model year to purchase and which to be aware of potential issues, also DIY fixes. Would be nice to have those in this forum.

#12 ·
I just got my first volvo s60 2.5t awd. Only had for 1 day and engine blew so...i replaced. Original engine had 199000 on it and the one i replaced it with only has 97000. So far $2600 for purchase as is. $450 for front rotors...brakes...safety. $200 battery. $2300 for engine...labour. Shop wanted to charge me $1120 to do my struts and alignment only. Went online and bought struts...control arms and shocks for around $500 amd my sln is doing the labour. I still have 3 codes. Large evap leak po455...fuel filler cap olen or loose...brake pedal sensor "A" too high. So...i still have more money to dish out. I really do love the car but really. Im sooo far in now i feel i have to finish. To boot wjen i bought car i only got vallet key. Cannot lock or open glove box. They want over $400 for a damn key amd thats not the fob. Im too poor for this car. My credit cards killing me. Any advice would be greatly appretiated.😅

#14 ·
I just got my first volvo s60 2.5t awd. Only had for 1 day and engine blew so...i replaced. Original engine had 199000 on it and the one i replaced it with only has 97000. So far $2600 for purchase as is. $450 for front rotors...brakes...safety. $200 battery. $2300 for engine...labour. Shop wanted to charge me $1120 to do my struts and alignment only. Went online and bought struts...control arms and shocks for around $500 amd my sln is doing the labour. I still have 3 codes. Large evap leak po455...fuel filler cap olen or loose...brake pedal sensor "A" too high. So...i still have more money to dish out. I really do love the car but really. Im sooo far in now i feel i have to finish. To boot wjen i bought car i only got vallet key. Cannot lock or open glove box. They want over $400 for a damn key amd thats not the fob. Im too poor for this car. My credit cards killing me. Any advice would be greatly appretiated.?
Sounds like a really bad experience! What year is your S60?

I hope most of these issues subside, work on the biggest issues first and only those ones:
1. Evap Leak - Check the code, if it's P0456 this thread: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?99453
2. Fuel Filler Cap Open - there's a electronic module in the back trunk behind the taillight compartment, that module contains a motor/actuator that fails. Likely your problem. It's a small issue and an easy / cheap fix and you can DIY it.
3. Brake Pedal Sensor : Need the exact code to cross reference.

#18 ·
Please write an ending post after your problem is resolved

The value of a car repair forum is greatly enhanced by taking the time to write the final chapter of your repair saga.
It's the knowledge amassed at the end of the saga that's most valuable to others on this forum. Tell others when you get to the root cause,
and how the problem was resolved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.