Ford Focus RS Oil Cooler Upgrade
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ford Focus RS Oil Cooler Upgrade

About a month ago I started looking into supporting mods for a future tune and came across some aftermarket (not OEM / Behr) Focus RS oil coolers. They were attractively priced from a vendor in England so I got 2 of them with the intentions of passing off 1 of them to someone else at my cost. However, with recent events with my family, it looks like I'm gonna have to wait for my RacecaR dreams come true... and in turn, need to get rid of some parts; starting with these coolers. So now they're for sale at $200 per / plus shipping cost.

imgur.com/a/juQqf

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Keep in mind the oil cooler for the Focus RS has one port pointing in the incorrect direction. If you look at the cooler head-on, the right side outlet/inlet should curve up toward the 12-o'clock position. On the RS cooler, it points to 9-o'clock. You can see this in the photo link posted above (except the cooler is laying on its side). The port on the right side in the photo should be pointing away from the camera.

I ordered one for my V70R project build some time ago from JW Racing in the UK, and had to have it modified so the inlet on the right side lined up properly with the water pipe.

Or you can just buy one for a diesel in Europe and everything bolts right up and its almost the same size as that one, still way bigger than the stock one and all you need.
      06 Sonic/Nordkap MT SR with 18" Anthracite Pegs |63K Miles

00 Laser/Charcoal 2 Tone AT VR 16" Anthracite Satellites/ 17" Pegs |201K Miles

99 S70 N/A

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Would this then fit the P1 (C30-C70-S40 & V50) Models

pm

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlueR View Post
      Or you can just buy one for a diesel in Europe and everything bolts right up and its almost the same size as that one, still way bigger than the stock one and all you need.
      A diesel what... specifically?? Volvo?? Focus??

PS: I think VIVA has a "plumbing kit" to compensate for the 9 o'clock position issue.

PSS: By looking at the UK eBay, it's the Volvo 2.4D engine... £194 + £16 shipping, current exchange: $297.75
      Last edited by rhmorris; 03-29-2016 at 12:50 PM.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements