SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Custom S60R Hood Scoop to cool turbochager

138K views 440 replies 99 participants last post by  josephweiss565 
#1 · (Edited)
unlike some air vents i've seen, it would have a purpose to cool turbocharger and it would close and open from inside in case it rains...so the question is....to scoop or not to scoop? so let all the positive input begin. :D:D:D

See less See more
#212 ·
ooooohhhh how about Scoup Doug?

#214 ·
Why did you put it in the middle again? They said to bring it forward. It will fit the profile of the XC90 hood so much better. The colors are close too. You probably wouldn't need to paint it.

#215 ·
Maaaan I am still drooooooling over this pic...aaoaaoooohhhhhh so beautiful...I just have to put it on the R....;)

#220 ·
I think there should be a gauge pod out on the hood also. You know you want to do it Dougy.

#221 ·
Oh my, that's fugly... and I've switched from Volvo to this now (so I'm not totally opposed to scoops):

Anyway, if you're serious, it ought to be wider and lower in order for it to look good - ignoring functionality completely, of course.

#222 ·
Oh my, that's fugly... and I've switched from Volvo to this now (so I'm not totally opposed to scoops):
Anyway, if you're serious, it ought to be wider and lower in order for it to look good - ignoring functionality completely, of course.
what are you still doing here, go get your R back....:D:D:D

i would love to see your WRX in a wind tunnel...lolol

#226 ·
They are, they feed cooler air to the top mount (above engine) intercooler. As most convert to a FMIC, the hood scoop no longer is needed, in theory.

#229 ·
#230 ·
#236 ·
#235 ·
Holy windshield stickers.

#252 ·
Does this means this no longer belongs in the R forum? I know a few people that wouldn't mind this thread disappearing from their lives.

#254 ·
uhhhm..uuhhhmm..hold on there Stang chief...looky here, a quick look around a corner hydro boat flipped upside down! :D:D:D

#262 ·
lolol..ohhh...touchy feely stang :wave:...but scoopy does not drink, he just stays thirsty... :D:D:D

#263 ·
if dosn't work it's not like you cant get a new hood

#267 ·
yes , in your case you should follow those standards ...causes god forbid you do anything out of the norm or thats not meant for you to do... :)

#277 ·
yes.... yes.... bunch of comedians...I cant believe this thread is going to hit 10,000 and i did not even put the scoop on ...lolol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.