Custom S60R Hood Scoop to cool turbochager - Page 6
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
      Please don't do this. Although if you do at least make sure it is done the proper way.

2008 C30 2.0 6MT

2006 Ti SR 6MT - Scrapped by CMOD_R.

1984 242 Ti 4sp - Has moar power than Vio's Mom.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
      Please don't do this. Although if you do at least make sure it is done the proper way.

Are you referring to the GPS in the window?
      2006 Volvo S60R GT - World Rally Blue w/ Black Wheels - Nordkap
      Performance Snabb: Intake pipe | IPD: AMS | VIVA: Upgraded CBV | CNT: Downpipe

Cosmetic Custom : Headlights Part 2 | Taillights | Plasti dip | Front grill

1995 Volvo 850 Turbo - White w/ Peg Reps - Beige

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      jeeeeezus...Does air flow into or out of the hood scoop at speed? Here's the answer aaaand it will do the same on your R...for crying out loud what is this world coming to...
      If you are referencing DevolvR and my posts, we were talking about the opening pictured in the Audi.
      2005 Silver/Nordkap S60 R 6-Speed

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen9090 View Post
      Are you referring to the GPS in the window?
      Although that GPS is nice I meant the Subie hood scoop. DUH!
      2008 C30 2.0 6MT

ok I think i understand why you dont like it...I took a bad angle pics, sooo I found a really good angle and took a better pic for you of my new scoop....is this better or what?

YES!!! and more neon lights, and spinners, and tribal vinyl stickers, and NOS, and Vin Diesel. DO IT!

Although that GPS is nice I meant the Subie hood scoop. DUH!
      I figured you meant the GPS because it is world-class. HAHA GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*ck I wet myself

Quote Originally Posted by SectorNine50 View Post
      If you are referencing DevolvR and my posts, we were talking about the opening pictured in the Audi.

no not you nor DevolvR...just in general.
      2006 S60R 2.4 T5 mostly stock fine tuned by https://urbastuning.wordpress.com
      ipd = sways, inter-cooler, inlet/TB/OTE silicone piping, cat back exhaust, rear camber bushings, sub-frame inserts,
      Originally Posted by John C "We are in the presence of greatness! "

I think at this time it's only appropriate to say....

ipd = sways, inter-cooler, inlet/TB/OTE silicone piping, cat back exhaust, rear camber bushings, sub-frame inserts,

Re: Custom S60R Hood Scoop to cool turbochager

thanks o2k...but to make that dildo work the external urethral orifice would have to be super large to move some air onto my turbo exhaust housing. lololol
      Lmao!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
      Gone: 2004 s60r FG/Atacama
      2004.5 S40 2.4
      2000 Pontiac Trans Am (The Beast)
      2003 Chevrolet Suburban
      2004 Saturn Ion Redline (gas sipper)

Re: Custom S60R Hood Scoop to cool turbochager

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpasD5 View Post
      Yup. Gawking doesn't begin to describe how I look at the rear of his R...sounds a bit dirty but ill roll with that.

I'm sure knows he owns one of the best looking R's in the world...period.
      I agree

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
      Gone: 2004 s60r FG/Atacama
      2004.5 S40 2.4
      2000 Pontiac Trans Am (The Beast)
      2003 Chevrolet Suburban
      2004 Saturn Ion Redline (gas sipper)

this thread would be on my top 10 favs from the R forum. the way is just exploded is awesome. and the way every one of dougy's posts end with a i just imagine him sitting there with a big sh!t eating grin on his face because he knew exactly what he was doing when he started this thread. pretty f***ing hilarious man!

that said im going to join the "no" club because your plan is to bolt it on. i dont think you can make it look right unless the piece is blended into the hood. but do whatever you want man, dont be influenced by the majority!
      05 S60 R MT Black Sapphire, Atacama, Anthracite Pegs, Premium, Climate 110k kms EST interior LED kit All pics at http://tspot.imgur.com/NZS27#aYSrq

Like Richard Hammond's butt?
      '05 Ti-Kap GT SR; Lost 8/21/17

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinBob View Post
      Like Richard Hammond's butt?
      Hey keep your preferences to yourself, we ain't got time for dat!
      2008 C30 2.0 6MT

I bet you are amazingly surprised with this outcome and who would have thought it would look even better on XC90?

I thought you had an all aluminum radiator and an auxiliary oil cooler?

The trolling is strong in this thread

Told ya guys he was just messing with us! I win.
      2005 S60R MT IPD: Oval Exhaust, HD Upper Spring Seats, End Links, R-Kelly Intake, Coil Packs Snabb: Precision TCV, Turbo Intake Pipe H&R: 10/20mm Spacers Elevate: CBV Phuz: FMIC UR: Braces (All of them) CNT: DP ARD Custom Carbon Tune NGK: Iridium IX plugs
      Awaiting install: Greddy: Turbo Relief Valve

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1235 View Post
      I thought you had an all aluminum radiator and an auxiliary oil cooler?

The trolling is strong in this thread
      yeah that is true Stefan1235 ,but remember the G force brings nothing but hot air from that aluminum radiator and an auxiliary oil coolers to my 20G back in the engine bay and I just need some straight up cool fresh outside air blowing gliding on in to keep the performance at it's peek...thats all brou, thats all...give it some thought, cool air man cool air.

yeah that is true Stefan1235 ,but remember the G force brings nothing but hot air from that aluminum radiator and an auxiliary oil coolers to my 20G back in the engine bay and I just need some straight up cool fresh outside air blowing gliding on in to keep the performance at it's peek...thats all brou, thats all...give it some thought, cool air man cool air.
      ...What exactly are you trying to keep cool though?...

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1235 View Post
      ...What exactly are you trying to keep cool though?...
      20G back in the engine bay
      not cool ,but cooler air flow on it

...riiiiight...

i am dieing laughing right now and my gf looking at me like im completely insane
      05 S60 R MT Black Sapphire, Atacama, Anthracite Pegs, Premium, Climate 110k kms EST interior LED kit All pics at http://tspot.imgur.com/NZS27#aYSrq

Custom S60R Hood Scoop to cool turbochager

You should take your hood scoop over to volvo speed. They will love it there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      '05 S60R|19" Pegs|iPd Tune|Eibachs|R Kelly|Evolve Exhaust|OBX DP|Custom Grille|Red Caliper Rs|Debadged|10/15mm Spacers|Eurosport Pedals|Pioneer HU w/ Wireless OBDII| - sold - will be my DD again eventually
      '04 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black|Alcantara Interior|SCZA Exhaust|SGT Catless Headers|CSL CF Diffuser|CSL CF Trunk|TTFS Tune|Turner Subframe Reinforcement|Beisan VANOS|Laser Interceptors|MOMO Daytona Seats|Fall-Line Motorsports Half-Cage|Schroth 6-PT Harnesses|Eibach Coilovers|PFC 08 Track Pads|APEX Arc-8 Wheels|Sunroof Delete|Rear Seat Delete|
      '12 XC60 RD|Stock|Daily Driver|

Quote Originally Posted by R.Photo View Post
      I'm trying to find a gun that'll shoot your car through this forum.
      Lol!!
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

LOL! Wa-hoo I got so worked up I made his sig. I am honored sir. I agree with cuseR, if you think I got worked up...oh Lordy..have fun hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by tspot View Post
      i am dieing laughing right now and my gf looking at me like im completely insane
      tspot , here I thought you might be the only one that understand, but it's no laughing matter...if you don't believe me just lay your hands on that exhaust housing see how hoaaaut it gets up in there...

I'm trying to find a gun that'll shoot your car through this forum.
      well R.Photo, just remember your R eats bullets just like mine... you and GrandpasD5 are so hateful towards my scoop, just let it go and accept it and learn to love it..." many people harbor this hate and can't find Jesus all their life and then they go to prison and find him in matter of days ."

so let him lead you guys cause he is mighty good friend and do it before the prison...

Quote Originally Posted by cuseR View Post
      You should take your hood scoop over to volvo speed. They will love it there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ohhh I thought about it, but there aren't as many R engineers there and I am not so sure it would be as valued as it is to you guys...

LOL! Wa-hoo I got so worked up I made his sig. I am honored sir. I agree with cuseR, if you think I got worked up...oh Lordy..have fun hahaha
      and I am glad you did not get worked up...

well R.Photo, just remember your R eats bullets just like mine... you and GrandpasD5 are so hateful towards my scoop, just let it go and accept it and learn to love it..." many people harbor this hate and can't find Jesus all their life and then they go to prison and find him in matter of days ."

so let him lead you guys cause he is mighty good friend and do it before the prison...

ohhh I thought about it, but there aren't as many R engineers there and I am not so sure it would be as valued as it is to you guys...

and I am glad you did not get worked up...
      I think hate is a strong word. I care enough to strongly disprove. So are you going forward with an actual hood mod or no? Now you're getting me REALLY worked up!

I'm calling an April Fool's joke, mark my words April 1st he'll reveal this has been all for fun.
      2005 S60R MT IPD: Oval Exhaust, HD Upper Spring Seats, End Links, R-Kelly Intake, Coil Packs Snabb: Precision TCV, Turbo Intake Pipe H&R: 10/20mm Spacers Elevate: CBV Phuz: FMIC UR: Braces (All of them) CNT: DP ARD Custom Carbon Tune NGK: Iridium IX plugs
      Awaiting install: Greddy: Turbo Relief Valve

LOL you guys are slow, he's already indicated that this scoop was for the XC90 (it's the same body color).
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards
      12 S60 R-Design Ice White | Bone stock for now
      IG: @devolvR

Right, but obviously that's a joke too. It looks like sh*t on both. I say you lock this thread on March 31st as to not let us all get April fooled!

Right, but obviously that's a joke too. It looks like sh*t on both. I say you lock this thread on March 31st as to not let us all get April fooled!
      Yeah, it's not nearly as bad, but I still wouldn't put it on the XC90.
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards
      12 S60 R-Design Ice White | Bone stock for now
      IG: @devolvR

Quote Originally Posted by DevolvR View Post
      Yeah, it's not nearly as bad, but I still wouldn't put it on the XC90.
      May as well make it a roof scoop. Or add a roof scoop along with the hood scoop. Actually while you are at it, add side scoops also to cool the brakes. For discount reason may as well order a scoop for the driver window too for air conditioning. Don't forget under the car to keep that DEM cool from the exhaust radiant heat. We can call you "scoopy"

It just looks so wrong! I am being harsh and disrespectful. It's my nature when confronted with such ideas. A trait I am trying to get a handle on. Masshole aside, I won't knock his technical expertise. I do apologize, the man has contributed plenty and has done great things to advance this forum.

I will, however knock his taste. It's a round scoop on a car with clean straight lines, aesthetically speaking but in terms of his functional goals I really don't see how this is practical in any way compared to other suggestions. It just baffles me that this guy can pull an engine but can't figure out heat exchange.......very strange to me.

*Edit - I never called him uneducated or impractical I'm just describing your typical like minded Volvo owner. To each his own is a big part of any car community, but a scoop like that isn't slightly off or a bit unique, it's what I'd never want to see. But if it works, and I'm sure he could make it work, then it may just be worth it...
      Mass hole buddies for life yea!
      2000 Laser Blue V70R

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen9090 View Post
      May as well make it a roof scoop. Or add a roof scoop along with the hood scoop. Actually while you are at it, add side scoops also to cool the brakes. For discount reason may as well order a scoop for the driver window too for air conditioning. Don't forget under the car to keep that DEM cool from the exhaust radiant heat. We can call you "scoopy"
      Scoopy it is now for life! Forum trended nickname
      2000 Laser Blue V70R

Scoops McGee

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast