Pictures of 2012 S80 rubber floor mats compared to standard carpet mats
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Pictures of 2012 S80 rubber floor mats compared to standard carpet mats

At our OSD pickup last Summer I was going to ask for rubber floor mats to be added but in all the excitement of delivery that was forgotten. A few days later we were driving in the mountains of Norway where it was usually raining and in some place snow was still present. We managed to be extra careful and the stock carpet mats did not get messed up too much. The mats were immaculate again when we picked up our S80 two months later. They have held up through a rainy California winter but I kept thinking about rubber mats. I considered the Weathertech S80 mat sets at $99 or $180 and tried comparing them to the crude diagrams and tiny images listed in the Volvo accessories websites. A previous discussion here led me to opt for OEM rubber mats. A Volvo heritage club discount coupon of 15% was a further incentive. The Volvo dealer parts guy advised me to order them at volvopartsinternational.com and get free shipping. This is the order line item that I received.

Mat, Passenger Compartment Floor, Rubber- Offblack, 2X0X, 2X01, 2X02, LHD Price: $74.07 Qty: 1
      the Volvo package was labeled 39807564. There are two other color choices available.

Driver's side stock and rubber mats compared

Front passenger's mats compared

Rear left mats compared

driver's mat

Front passenger mat

Back side of driver's rubber mat (made in Latvia)

I added a Volvo first aid kit to my order for $23.44. It fits in the glove box.

Last edited by benbow; 03-31-2013 at 12:13 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have the rubber mats as well. Given the climate where I live, they are an absolute necessity. I only run them in the winter, though, because I don't really appreciate the aesthetics of them.

2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 317,000 Miles
      2010 Volvo S80 V8 Executive | White Pearl | BLIS, Climate | 270,000 Miles
      2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
      2004 Maserati M128 Coupe
      2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
      2003 Audi S8
      2001 Audi S8
      1991 Subaru Alcyone SVX
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars | Click here to join the S80 V8 Facebook Group!

Is there a part number for the first aid kit? I'd like to get one of those.
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 317,000 Miles
      2004 Maserati M128 Coupe
      2003 Audi S8
      2001 Audi S8
      1991 Subaru Alcyone SVX
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars | Click here to join the S80 V8 Facebook Group!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Volvo's First Aid Kit is listed as part #8551552 on the website I ordered from. I discarded the plastic wrapper that has the OEM inventory sticker on it. May be able to retrieve the label on Monday.
      Last edited by benbow; 03-31-2013 at 02:02 AM.

The mats are definitely a good idea for anyone that lives in a cold climate, especially if salt is used in the winter. I've seen salt eat through carpeting under mats in other cars so I don't think I'd ever go a winter without them. I just took mine out yesterday and put the regular carpets back in. They rubber ones are wonderfully functional but visually I'm glad to be rid of them for awhile.

I plan on ordering a set of the mats which are intended for the V70 R design. They have contrasting border stitching which I think might be a nice touch. There are also ocean race mats which have an aluminum "thing" on the corners of the mats.

R Design Mats: (Part number 39813992)

Ocean Race Mats: (Part number 39801830)
      2004 Maserati M128 Coupe
      2003 Audi S8
      2001 Audi S8
      1991 Subaru Alcyone SVX

Quote Originally Posted by benbow View Post
      Volvo's First Aid Kit is listed as part #8551552 on the website I ordered from. I discarded the plastic wrapper that has the OEM inventory sticker on it. May be able to retrieve the label on Monday.
      It doesnt look like that part number is in the Volvo Cars NA parts system. Perhaps it's only available with OSD, or from European dealers.
      2004 Maserati M128 Coupe
      2003 Audi S8
      2001 Audi S8
      1991 Subaru Alcyone SVX

itwontstopsnowin, I found the Volvo first aid kit wrapper and the Volvo Original Parts & Accessories label confirms that the P/N is 8551552 and the description is "first aid kit". There is also a product number 5877395-001 and the country of origin is USA which makes sense because the contents are all labeled in English. Tweezers, and scissors are included along with an assortment of bandage materials and foil blanket.

I have added both a LED penlight and LED headband light to this kit. The large Volvo warning triangle came mounted in the trunk.

I have noticed that the battery cover is not removable without a little assistance from a tool. One of the release clips can't be reached by fingers alone. Our 940 came with a tool kit mounted on the side wall of the trunk. Is there any similar owner's metric tool kit for more modern Volvos?

I love my Volvo all weather mats (rubber). Better fitting and man can they catch the dirt. I'll never be in a car without them. Pretty cheap too, compared to weathertech. For the first aid kit.......I am a huge fan of creating your own.....from celox to medic scissors and gauze.....a first aid kit put together by you with what you know you need is priceless. After my daughter's recent bike accident, I'll never go anywhere without celox.

The Volvo first Aid Kit I obtained recently was created by DC Safety Company in Hauppauge NY. They sell their First Aid and Roadside Emergency kits in large lots to auto manufacturers and not to the general public as far as I could tell from their website. The gallery of kits images on the link below shows that some auto companies with branches in the USA order bigger kits than others. Less safe vehicles need a bigger assortment of first aid supplies?

http://www.dcsafety.com/refresh/temp...lery.php?id=30

The Volvo first Aid Kit case measures 8" x 5.75" x 2.25" and fits within the 8" deep glove box.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements