StanceNation V50
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

StanceNation V50

OMG:
      http://www.stancenation.com/2013/03/...med-volvo-v50/

Anyone have more details or seen this in person?

2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

that thang is so sexy.
      MOTOR; K&N intake tube, BSR Heat shield/ECU mount, Samco silicone intake pipe, Upgraded Trannymount, EST Downpipe, Magnaflow 3" muffler, Mountune intake manifold, Bell FMIC, Phuzzy HD TCV, Forge CBV, IPD HD coilpacks, Bosch 70mm Throttlebody.
      SUSPENSION; KWv2 Coilovers, EST strut brace, Elevate rear sway bar, SPC camber arms.
      AESTHETICs; IPD Door pins.

StanceNation V50

Wood drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

i think that is the guy in Thailand?
      2006 V50 T5 AWD M66: 19" Heico's w/ Hankook & ISC Coilovers
      IPD TCV, skidplate VIVA CBV, Prosport boost & AFR gauges, 6000k hid
      ELEVATE: Turbo Pipe, RSB, autotech III, body kit, intake. IC piping
      EST: grille, Exhaust, DP, BELL FMIC Streetunit trans mount.

Personally I think it's nasty. Hate the stance - it looks like something out of a Cars movie... Sorry.
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Former:

2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

Never was a fan of hellaflush.

Then again I drive a lifted Subaru and a Volvo estate car.... so I suppose it's to be expected.
      -Zach
      '06 V50 T5 M66 FWD - Barents Blue - Viveka - 160,000mi
      Mods.
      '08 XC90 V8 Executive - Ember Black - Jet - 170,000mi
      No mods.

I'd be afraid to drive that thing, it probably hits a manhole cover.
      1982 Volvo GLT w/ small block V8, T5 manual tranny and a bunch of stuff. to handle and go fast
      Gone and totaled V50 with a few mods, K16, Enem cams 3' DP and cat back, KW V2 coilovers, etc. I miss that one
      2015.5 Polestar V60 BSM #44/80

I love everything about it except for the rear wheel width / camber. I'm just not a fan of the "broken axle" look.

God dammit I hate chrome, honestly looks pretty trashy. Yes I'm a hater and I'm in full hating on this mode!
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

Quote Originally Posted by blvd View Post
      I love everything about it except for the rear wheel width / camber. I'm just not a fan of the "broken axle" look.
      same here...

side view: I like
      45° view: I want to puke

the camber is just plain retarded, it looks totally out of place. Shame on that build, makes the car look broken.

I don'T mind very, very low (air or other), I don't mind "stanced" with pulled fenders, bu PLEASE leave the camber normal and don't stretch too much.
      '08 XC90 3.2 - Current | '10 V50 R-Design T5 M66 - Sold | '89 740 GLE 16 valve tank, Sold @ 640k km

Quote Originally Posted by madden View Post
      I'd be afraid to drive that thing, it probably hits a manhole cover.
      It's on air suspension, you wouldn't drive it at that height other than in and out of a car show at 5 MPH.
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

Too much camber. Possibly too low of an ET as well. It's such a pretty car but ...
      Last edited by Moofluffen; 04-04-2013 at 04:45 PM.

It looks like an elephant sat on it.
      2005 S40 2.4i | ELEVATE Rear Sway-Bar | ELEVATE Grille | EBC1309 Rotors | Hawk HPS Pads w/Stock 16" Wheels
      [x] Auxiliary Belts & Timing Belt (Gates) replaced @ 106K [x] Castrol Edge w/SPT (Type IV) Oil
      [x] Upper Engine Mount (passenger) @ 109K [x] eFocus Engine Torque Mount @ 115K

Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post
      It's on air suspension, you wouldn't drive it at that height other than in and out of a car show at 5 MPH.
      Nope... It's got a static suspension. Straight custom spring rate coilovers.

Love the car, one of the nicest new 50's i have seen but i have to agree the rear tires(which remind me of a ***** or VW) make me dislike it completely. But that just how i feel. I want the wheels ! pm me hehehehe
      S40 T5

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Seen it online many times before. I respect the time, money, and quality of work put into that car, but I do not like what they did with it. They turned a Volvo into a JDM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Personally I think it's nasty. Hate the stance - it looks like something out of a Cars movie... Sorry.
      Exzunkly. That and the word "stanced".

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      I respect the time, money, and quality of work put into that car, but I do not like what they did with it.
      I agree. For their desired outcome (I am assuming here... ) it's great execution. But it's dumb.

into a JDM.
      Careful there.... There actually exist people who know what the acronym means, outside of the Honda Race-boy parlance.

those wheels were a bad choice
      2006 s40 T5 sold

Oh, I'm not speaking negatively of Japanese Domestic Market, there's some nice stuff from Japan. Heck, I'm part Japanese myself.

I'm just saying that if I saw this car in the corner of my eye, I would have thought it was an Acura wagon with a lip kit. It has lost it's Euro-ness with those wheels, the camber, and lip on a lip. VWs are the only Euros that can pull off being slammed with extreme negative camber.

StanceNation V50

No, I agree... It looks like a Honda on cut springs.
      | 1995 855 Turbo (mine, retiring) 300k | 2003 XC70 (mine) 225K | 2007 XC90 V8 (hers) 98k |
      | 1998 V70 NA (retired) 215k | 1995 855 (saved my life 2012 ) | 1971 Chevy C30 Dually Flatbed (farm truck)

It has lost it's Euro-ness with those wheels, the camber, and lip on a lip.
      I completely agree with that!
      Volvo V50 - 1.6D - brilliant blue - H&R springs - Mirzam (S) SerapisC (W)

I'm not too sure what to think...

The bodykit seems OK, I guess. Kinda like the wheels, I'm a sucker for 5-spoke, and a small lip on those...

But, I don't really like it slammed, and the camber mess things up BAD!
      2005 V50 T5 AWD 6MT (452 Sapphire Black) = THE tractor
      MODS = Snabbshifter - Vibra-Technics LTM - (More to come!)

I hate camber. People buy adjustable camber arms for the rear to gain camber... I'm going to use them AGAINST camber...! Hate seeing an axle look broken... And I only have a few degrees of it! Personal taste though!
      If you read this, then you haven't understood, that my posting is above this text!

StanceNation V50

It looks pretty good for a show car. It is on stancenation for a reason. It's a different culture. I mean their motto is form>function.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.
      2008 Passion Red C30 6 Speed M/T
      V1 with Preferred, Climate Package and Dynaudio.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

the form is quite ugly in the rear.

form > function is fine when it looks good. This looks seriously bad for the rear camber.
      '08 XC90 3.2 - Current | '10 V50 R-Design T5 M66 - Sold | '89 740 GLE 16 valve tank, Sold @ 640k km

To each their own.

Other then the excessive camber and poke, I think this thing is one of the nicest looking Volvos I have seen.

The car itself is really nice, and I can appreciate just about anything...BUT the rear wheel reminds me of a 98' Honda Civic (there is one in my neighborhood that looks awful) on cut coils and no camber correction kit. Show car or not, the rear is ugly...I never even liked VW'S that looked like that when VW was my thing...guess I'm not an air ride guy lol.
      2005 FGM S40 T5 M66 AWD 18" TSW Nurburgring*235/40 Nitto*EST filter* GoVo ECU spacer*Viva TCV*Forge CBV *Samco hoses*sili vac lines*Snaab ssk*Rica St 1 tune*Denso IKH22*ARD Bosch R coils*ISC coilovers*RB 27mm RSB*ISC FR end links*Viva camber arms & FSTB*CryoStop 320mm rotors*Stoptech fluid*SS brake lines* polybushed suspension*EFocus mnt*tint*Ipd door pins*int LED*R Shift Knob*OE R pedals*LED puddle*Prosport Boost Gauge*fenders rolled

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
      the form is quite ugly in the rear.

form > function is fine when it looks good. This looks seriously bad for the rear camber.
      form as more negative camber is better. that is how stance nation likes their cars. like i said before, it's a different culture. a lot don't like it big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindman View Post
      The car itself is really nice, and I can appreciate just about anything...BUT the rear wheel reminds me of a 98' Honda Civic (there is one in my neighborhood that looks awful) on cut coils and no camber correction kit. Show car or not, the rear is ugly...I never even liked VW'S that looked like that when VW was my thing...guess I'm not an air ride guy lol.
      yeah it's mostly a vw thing. haha.
      2008 Passion Red C30 6 Speed M/T
      V1 with Preferred, Climate Package and Dynaudio.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

Wy do people hate on chrome? Because its hard to clean?...... I wash my rims AT LEAST 3x a week, rain, snow or shine. -30 or 110.... Go chrome!

Quote Originally Posted by daim View Post
      I hate camber. People buy adjustable camber arms for the rear to gain camber... I'm going to use them AGAINST camber...! Hate seeing an axle look broken... And I only have a few degrees of it! Personal taste though!
      We are the select few who pulled in the camber with the adjustable arms

Quote Originally Posted by FosgateLife View Post
      Wy do people hate on chrome? Because its hard to clean?...... I wash my rims AT LEAST 3x a week, rain, snow or shine. -30 or 110.... Go chrome!
      No offense dude, but in most cultures and regions, chrome signifies a lack of education and cheapness. Though, I have been to parts of the world where chrome signifies success and wealth; quite different from my home in Atlanta.

Chrome can look nice when it's just on the rim of a wheel, grille frames, exhaust tips (sometimes), or logo letters, but it can easily be over done. It's not a fact of it being hard to clean, it's that chrome is a mirrored paint and not a natural metal/alloy color.

When manufacturers were chroming metal parts, back in the 50s, those cars looked sharp and classy (still do!). But now most chrome parts on cars are spray painted plastic bits....

in most cultures and regions, chrome signifies a lack of education and cheapness.
      ^^^THIS^^^^^
      lets all go to walmart and get some cheap mirror covers and door handle covers and stick on hood vents
      2006 s40 T5 sold

StanceNation V50

Chrome don't get ya home.
      | 1995 855 Turbo (mine, retiring) 300k | 2003 XC70 (mine) 225K | 2007 XC90 V8 (hers) 98k |
      | 1998 V70 NA (retired) 215k | 1995 855 (saved my life 2012 ) | 1971 Chevy C30 Dually Flatbed (farm truck)

Chrome is nice, when the car wearing it is able to wear it in style.

My old Volvo 960 had loads of chrome. The chrom was something it was designed with. It wasn't chrome on the mirrors or so. Just some minor details like the grill, some chrome stripes in the bumpers, the door guards, the door handles and a very thin stripe inside the cabin along the dash. No more. It was enough to give the car class without making it look overdone.

P1 Volvos have too much chrome from factory. The grill at the front is too much. A thing narrow beading around the edges of the grill would have been enough. But instead you got those "waterfall" grilles. Don't look right. Inside is no chrome. Instead brushed aluminium. That should have been used outside... Or machines alloy.

That "Stancenation" V50 has too much chrome. Chrome wheels only look right on certain American made cars, like the Lincoln Town Car, the Chrysler 300C (only when black!). Etc. Chrome only actually goes with black or other dark colours... But that is my opinion. I am entitled to it.
      If you read this, then you haven't understood, that my posting is above this text!

I personally chrome on a shiny car looks better... My rimd are pure chrome not some cheap plastic spray on ****. Shiny **** draws attention. I just dont see how anyone can think blacked out rims or a grille can look good when the car paint itself gives off a shine. Like mine does. Its different if the car has a flat paint to it, then it looks good. I agree that somepeople way over do it. If you have a NICE car, its different with chrome rather than someone from the ghetto putting 24's on their rusted out impala's. no.... But sadly thats what everything thinks of as cool. I went with chrome because my car shines like a damn diamond so why not keep it that way. BUT, i also wouldnt have minded black inserts. I guess it depends on taste. But i think i speak for all of here when i say we have classy cars and not ghetto rigged **** boxes...

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast