Opinion needed...
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Opinion needed...

Had purchased a T5 M66 from a dealer. Hours before delivery received the call that the car has been damaged and I was sent pictures of the damage.

Considering the weld is split on the side of the door. I am thinking the whole door ideally needs to be replaced rather than just patching as this could cause major rust headaches in the future. Dealer wants to repair. Opinions?
      06 S40 2.4i

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Treevar View Post
      Had purchased a T5 M66 from a dealer. Hours before delivery received the call that the car has been damaged and I was sent pictures of the damage.

Considering the weld is split on the side of the door. I am thinking the whole door ideally needs to be replaced rather than just patching as this could cause major rust headaches in the future. Dealer wants to repair. Opinions?
      For Free?
      Kyle
      2005 Volvo S40 2.5T T5 AWD 2012-Current
      2000 Volvo S40 1.9T 2009-2012
      Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xykdonx View Post
      For Free?
      Well I have not taken delivery yet, so it isn't mine. I was supposed to sign for it yesterday. They would be covering the cost
      06 S40 2.4i

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Did you tell the dealer...next time...just change the battery in the remote to open the door.

As long as they repair it, I suppose this ok, but puts doubts in my mind as other issues they won't tell you.

Until after you receive delivery.
      2005 S40 2.4i | ELEVATE Rear Sway-Bar | ELEVATE Grille | EBC1309 Rotors | Hawk HPS Pads w/Stock 16" Wheels
      [x] Auxiliary Belts & Timing Belt (Gates) replaced @ 106K [x] Castrol Edge w/SPT (Type IV) Oil
      [x] Upper Engine Mount (passenger) @ 109K [x] eFocus Engine Torque Mount @ 115K

Yah, I would have them repair it....and I agree with Red Zone..maybe they have some other stuff too that they wont tell...
      Kyle
      2005 Volvo S40 2.5T T5 AWD 2012-Current
      2000 Volvo S40 1.9T 2009-2012
      Progression Thread

That's totally a break in. Stay away unless they want to give you a smoking deal at this point!
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Former:

2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

Re: Opinion needed...

I would not buy with a repair only.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
      '08 XC90 3.2 - Current | '10 V50 R-Design T5 M66 - Sold | '89 740 GLE 16 valve tank, Sold @ 640k km

Yeah, that's going to bubble rust later down the road. And best case, you own a car that's been partially painted (even if the door is new). You paid for an original car, that's what you should get. Agree with "smoking deal" sentiment of veefifty. If they want to fix it right AND knock some serious dough off, that's a different story. But they won't. Not what I would consider serious, anyhow.

Re: Opinion needed...

They will rather sell it full price to another seller telling then "very small dent in door professionally fixed and nothing on Carfax" than give you a significant discount.

And since it won't show on Carfax they could even try to sell it without telling the customer....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
      '08 XC90 3.2 - Current | '10 V50 R-Design T5 M66 - Sold | '89 740 GLE 16 valve tank, Sold @ 640k km

Whole new door and no change in price, and yes I would. That's sharp looking car.

Also how did that happen... If the fob didn't work why didn't they use the door key on it lol probly not that kinda of damage. Did it happen on the transporter?

If they REPLACE the door, then I'd still go through with the deal. Sh*t happens sometimes, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by primodevil View Post
      Also how did that happen... ?
      This is key, how did they say it happened? Veefitty has a point, it this was a break in, :/
      '05 S40 T5 AWD 6 Spd - Custom Intake, FMIC & Spray, SMF, S60R Clutch, Muffler
      Delete, Eibach Springs, Corksport RSB, Front LCA Polys, 5mm Front, 20mm Rear, EFocusMnt
      '97 Isuzu Trooper 3.2L 5 Spd - PIAA Headlights, Lowered, Extended Shifter, 4Pt Harness, Plastidip
      '95 Go Kart 1 Spd - Kohler Engine, Mikuni Carb, Big Cam & Stiff Springs, R1 Exhaust

Dealer said car was hit off hoist foot. Thats about all I know. Trying for a new door but if not I'll drop the sale and keep looking
      06 S40 2.4i

Quote Originally Posted by Treevar View Post
      Dealer said car was hit off hoist foot. Thats about all I know. Trying for a new door but if not I'll drop the sale and keep looking
      I think that's you're best bet, Tree.
      '05 S40 T5 AWD 6 Spd - Custom Intake, FMIC & Spray, SMF, S60R Clutch, Muffler
      Delete, Eibach Springs, Corksport RSB, Front LCA Polys, 5mm Front, 20mm Rear, EFocusMnt
      '97 Isuzu Trooper 3.2L 5 Spd - PIAA Headlights, Lowered, Extended Shifter, 4Pt Harness, Plastidip
      '95 Go Kart 1 Spd - Kohler Engine, Mikuni Carb, Big Cam & Stiff Springs, R1 Exhaust

Opinion needed...

It looks exactly like someone was backing the car with the door open. Newbie, idiot mistake. I have only done it once... To my free jeep.

I would have an independent body shop check how aligned the door is with the body also.
      | 1995 855 Turbo (mine, retiring) 300k | 2003 XC70 (mine) 225K | 2007 XC90 V8 (hers) 98k |
      | 1998 V70 NA (retired) 215k | 1995 855 (saved my life 2012 ) | 1971 Chevy C30 Dually Flatbed (farm truck)

I belive they are taking it to a FixAuto location in the GTA. However, I feel like it will be a cheap fix and I risk running into problems later. Its just difficult to find a T5 M66 facelift :/
      06 S40 2.4i

Just remember, you might be better off waiting to see what else comes down the road. Piece of mind is priceless. If you got a "lesser-equipped" T5, but was solid, you'd be better off adding mods from there. Who knows, this might be the only problem. But you'll have to make that call...and stick with it.
      2005 S40 2.4i | ELEVATE Rear Sway-Bar | ELEVATE Grille | EBC1309 Rotors | Hawk HPS Pads w/Stock 16" Wheels
      [x] Auxiliary Belts & Timing Belt (Gates) replaced @ 106K [x] Castrol Edge w/SPT (Type IV) Oil
      [x] Upper Engine Mount (passenger) @ 109K [x] eFocus Engine Torque Mount @ 115K

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements