Torrored 2005 S40 Progression Thread
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Torrored 2005 S40 Progression Thread

I have a few post scattered around the forum but figured start anew and keep everything in 1 place.

2005 FWD 6spd T5 S40
      Factory dynamic trim, Prem sound

Shortly after bring the car home I installed the dension ipod integration kit. Pretty much had to have that for clear audio and listening to spotify/ etc.

Found an OEM roof rack with bike carrier on craigslist and threw that on.

Windows tinted all around.

Since these additions I have been building a band room in my garage and in turn setting up a nursery for my son who should get to earth in about 2 months time. I have also been stock piling misc. parts I have been able to source from forum members and vendors.

[/URL]

Things I've acquired:
      KW V1 coilovers
      19" Rotiform Nue's
      225/35R-19 Dunlop Direzza DZ101 XL
      Elevate rear camber arms
      Elevate Downpipe
      Snabb short shifter
      R design steering wheel

Last weekend I finally had a bit a free time to start putting everything on. I managed to get the Kw v1's installed and the Rotiforms/ tires mounted. Currently waiting on extended wheel studs to arrive to fit the rear wheels up with 15mm h&r spacers. During this install I noticed a tear in my passenger side CV boot which i rigged with a hose clamp temp while I try to source a replacement boot or cv shaft (any suggestions?)

The v1's get nice and low up front but nowhere near as low in the back. I'm not sure I'll be able to pull off the stance im looking for with this setup.

Anyway, here is how the car sits now. Also a teaser with the Nue's installed.

That is all for now. Will update as progress is made. Thanks for looking.
      S40 T5 FWD 6spd / Premium Sound / 18% Tint / OEM Rack / Dension 500

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looking sweet! Great wheel choice
      2005 FGM S40 T5 M66 AWD 18" TSW Nurburgring*235/40 Nitto*EST filter* GoVo ECU spacer*Viva TCV*Forge CBV *Samco hoses*sili vac lines*Snaab ssk*Rica St 1 tune*Denso IKH22*ARD Bosch R coils*ISC coilovers*RB 27mm RSB*ISC FR end links*Viva camber arms & FSTB*CryoStop 320mm rotors*Stoptech fluid*SS brake lines* polybushed suspension*EFocus mnt*tint*Ipd door pins*int LED*R Shift Knob*OE R pedals*LED puddle*Prosport Boost Gauge*fenders rolled

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindman View Post
      Looking sweet! Great wheel choice
      Thanks, its going to take some work to get the fitment right.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Take the rear perches out and notch the stabilizer brackets up front and you should be able to get that sitting a little better. The car looks phenomenal though! I've always liked those NUEs, reminds me of some of the old Neez wheels. Excellent progresss thus far, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by torrored View Post
      Thanks, its going to take some work to get the fitment right.
      Nothing a heat gun and a rubber mallet can't cure lol. Good luck, looking good in pics nevertheless!
      2005 FGM S40 T5 M66 AWD 18" TSW Nurburgring*235/40 Nitto*EST filter* GoVo ECU spacer*Viva TCV*Forge CBV *Samco hoses*sili vac lines*Snaab ssk*Rica St 1 tune*Denso IKH22*ARD Bosch R coils*ISC coilovers*RB 27mm RSB*ISC FR end links*Viva camber arms & FSTB*CryoStop 320mm rotors*Stoptech fluid*SS brake lines* polybushed suspension*EFocus mnt*tint*Ipd door pins*int LED*R Shift Knob*OE R pedals*LED puddle*Prosport Boost Gauge*fenders rolled

looks damn good!

the wheels are really cool!

Looks mean dude! Gives me encouragement to get some sleep so I can continue my progress with a good nights sleep! Again... looks great!

Re: Torrored 2005 S40 Progression Thread

My favorite wheel period! Looks great. I had planned to do orange at one point and ended up buying a new patio for the house. Gotta keep wife happy 1st!!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
      2017 V60 T5 CC BLIS, Convenience package
      2007 S40 T5 AWD Elevate: FMIC, ETM, RASB, exhaust, AutoTech K16 tune, Elevate full intake, silicone hose kit, HID's, LED DRL's, Elevate/Wilwood BBK, ATE rotors, Akebono rear pads, Di-Noc grill, front sport lip, ProSport boost gauge, Wideband A/F gauge, IPD black replica Pegs, Heico kit/ Elevate springs, SPC rear camber arms, Sport steering wheel, IPD HD coils, K16- SOLD
      2005 V50 T5 AWD Ate Rotors, Akebono pads

Quote Originally Posted by Moofluffen View Post
      Take the rear perches out and notch the stabilizer brackets up front and you should be able to get that sitting a little better. The car looks phenomenal though! I've always liked those NUEs, reminds me of some of the old Neez wheels. Excellent progresss thus far, keep it up!
      That's a good idea. I assume this has been done before? Only concern would be the bottom of the rear springs are flat and if I remove the perch they will sit directly on the contoured oem spring seat.

Quote Originally Posted by bgrove View Post
      Looks mean dude! Gives me encouragement to get some sleep so I can continue my progress with a good nights sleep! Again... looks great!
      Thanks for the good words. Usually it just takes a period of time away from your project to be able to wrap your head around "issues" that may occur. Good nights sleep and tackle it the next day head on.

Quote Originally Posted by nkreig View Post
      My favorite wheel period! Looks great. I had planned to do orange at one point and ended up buying a new patio for the house. Gotta keep wife happy 1st!!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
      Thanks. Like I said I have a kid coming very soon so my time and funds are being diverted as well. But yea, happy wife, happy life! I switched cars from a 2 seater mini that drove like it was on rails to a more "family oriented" vehicle. I can't leave anything alone though and need to get that sporty feel back. I'm getting there with the s40 slowly but surely.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I should have the wheels rolling by next week. Waiting on studs. Also got an oem cv boot repair kit as it was the only option I could really find for this car. Hope to get that boot sealed up before the whole shaft explodes.

Interesting that you didn't really make a big departure from your OE wheels (5 wide spokes). In a way I'm really not a fan of those types of wheels at all but that's really personal taste, so who cares
      I also see you got them from classified on SS . . .

The car looks great and it seems in very good condition!!! I would think it would be harder and harder to find S40s in good condition these days but I guess some of these cars continue to be loved
      Last edited by TG; 06-19-2013 at 08:07 AM.
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
      Interesting that you didn't really make a big departure from your OE wheels (5 wide spokes). In a way I'm really not a fan of those types of wheels at all but that's really personal taste, so who cares
      I also see you got them from classified on SS . . .
      Yea, the Nue's weren't even on my radar when considering wheels. But it seems everyone is running the same or similar wheels. I love the pro race 1's, mesh styles and oem pegs but thats all i really see. When the opportunity to be bold arose I took it. I really like them now. My plan is to throw some winter tires on the stockers and that way the car will maintain a similar look year round.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
      The car looks great and it seems in very good condition!!! I would think it would be harder and harder to find S40s in good condition these days but I guess some of these cars continue to be loved
      Thanks, I really lucked out in that dept. 40,000 original miles and all the options I crave. Also helps that the fiance works at a dealership and is able to get dibs on inbound trades. Oddly enough I was in between the Mini and the S40 back in 2005 but the s40 was just outside my affordability range. Seemed like it was meant to be.

Nice pick up of those wheels that [email protected] was selling(and sold again by the buyer) ! Funny how these wheels never got mounted til now. Looks amazing on your car btw.
      Last edited by DevolvR; 06-19-2013 at 09:53 AM.
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards
      12 S60 R-Design Ice White | Bone stock for now
      IG: @devolvR

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements