The 4th Annual End of Summer Meet 2013 - presented by GTA Volvos & CVC - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The 4th Annual End of Summer Meet 2013 - presented by GTA Volvos & CVC

In comparison to the gencoupe.Com charity meet, (200+ genesis') ours was a bit depressing, no way to associate to Swedespeed.... Definitely need to start gaining members!

Volvo needs to step up!!! Hyundai tells you about gencoupe.com when you buy the genesis!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by S60inToronto View Post
      Bummed I couldn't make this - had an appointment for 1:30pm all the way up in Caledon East so there was no way to hit both :-(
      There's always next year! Like over the past winter, we will probably have a couple of GTGs for lunch here and there. Keep an eye on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by S40durham View Post
      In comparison to the gencoupe.Com charity meet, (200+ genesis') ours was a bit depressing, no way to associate to Swedespeed.... Definitely need to start gaining members!

Volvo needs to step up!!! Hyundai tells you about gencoupe.com when you buy the genesis!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
      Admittedly, this meet was smaller than the previous End of Summer gatherings, as it was planned a little more last minute than we usually prefer. We had a count of somewhere in the mid-20s, but the important thing was that the atmosphere was great, we got to put faces to names and meet others (and catch up with friends!), and everyone appeared to have enjoyed themselves........ and we also can't forget that the weather thankfully held up for about 99% of the time! lol

The nice thing is that Volvo of Canada and the dealerships are starting to take note of the growing community. At the beginning of summer, Volvo of Mississauga held a nice meet for us, which had a decent turnout. The rate at which the Volvo community is growing definitely isn't as quick as something like gencoupe.com, but with the number of meets slowly increasing and Volvo of Canada & dealerships starting to take notice, I would consider those steps in the right direction. Don't forget that there are also the CVC Family Day meet in July and the APPCO meet in May, which usually also have greater numbers. Remember to keep spreading the word though!

With the End of Summer Meet, we will definitely get the ball rolling earlier in the season like in the past, as this year was a little bit hectic for those usually plan it. We will also be keeping in touch with Frank @ EST and others about possibly holding a few more meets throughout the summer next year. Stay tuned to the forums and keep an eye out.

Thanks to everyone for their support, and also a huge thank you to Frank @ EST for allowing us to have this meet at his shop.
      [1995 Volvo 854 T5R - Cream Yellow]
      [2005 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD - Black Stone]

Also for those who would like them, here are the pictures I took throughout the day. I posted them up on Facebook and Volvospeed, and now finally have a chance to post them here. lol

For those who I didn't get a chance to talk to, I was the little Asian fellow running around with the DSLR.

(more coming)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

(pt. 2!)

moar pics of the dope a$$ fmic setup yo

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements