SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Volvo Concept Coupe August 29! Pics and video from Volvo!

59K views 263 replies 73 participants last post by  VolvoGoteborg 
#1 ·
Credit to Medels for the pictures, I just thought it deserved its own thread!:D

Here's the video.
[video]http://bit.ly/177g093[/video]

See less See more
#8 ·
Looks like the grille will actually feature the Volvo logo, unlike the initial image that's been floating around (I assume it was intentionally edited out). I'm kind of sad that it's only a concept though. It'd be awesome if it was an actual model that was on its way but it definitely bodes well for the future.

Bonus that we only need to wait a few days to see it in its entirety.

#9 ·
Looks like the grille will actually feature the Volvo logo, unlike the initial image that's been floating around (I assume it was intentionally edited out). I'm kind of sad that it's only a concept though. It'd be awesome if it was an actual model that was on its way but it definitely bodes well for the future.

Bonus that we only need to wait a few days to see it in its entirety.
That definitely IS a bonus. That way we have to speculate for only a few days instead of going through weeks/months of excruciating debate;)

#12 ·
One photo got missed there, but honestly I'm not a fan of it:

Looks too... BMWish to me. But maybe it's just the angle.

That said, it's nice to see that Volvo seems to be designing in a sportier direction, even if it is only a concept, and who knows what's under the hood.

#13 ·
Perhaps, I can kind of see that since the only thing that's missing is that the grill be split in two and made concave instead of convex like BMWs. But I think the grill is supposed to recall the general shape of another famous Volvo Coupe (Ahem, P1800) since the P1800 also had a concave grill, and the grill bars are in the shape of that from the 1990's 940/960/S90 series cars seeing as the thickness is right.

#14 ·

First bunch of pictures were interesting, but I couldn't make much of them and I was a little worried. My worries are gone, this thing is hot. Very classy and sporty. I don't find it looks BMW-ish as much as it looks Audi-ish. Either way, it looks cool and will hopefully have the interior and power to match.

The next question is will this be a C60 or C90? C60 and it's likely my next car. :)

#17 ·
Was that a Saab Video?

Was he once a saab designer? I feel like I just watched a Saab advertisement - down to the narrator! I can't wait!!!

Volvo needs a world class transmission of this coupe - that's all I'll say at the moment.

#19 ·
More concepts that will never see the light of an assembly line floor...

#21 ·
I wouldn't be too sure. The new Chinese owners have been itching for an aggressive coupe since day one, perhaps they finally have the resources/designers/plants to build one...

#25 ·
Overall I hope that is a Volvo although I'm not liking the side profile of the back. If it is, I like how for concepts they do the right thing, no ugly hood seam across the front, the wheel and wheel wells look designed for each other, sporty and with minimal gaps. Of course, what this REALLY would look like if they were to ever actually produce it is what truly matters.

That subaru is really nice too.

#44 · (Edited)
What dis?

I have no doubt Volvo could develop an R8 competitor with Polestar's help...

Could be the new C90.

#45 ·
They just announced it! It's a new music video by Swedish House Mafia called "leave the rear doors behind."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.