Volvo Concept Coupe August 29! Pics and video from Volvo! - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Pulled from the presentation on the concept talking about how the look will translate to the new XC90.

Source

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

One quick comment: in addition to the new coupe concept being awesome overall, this new hood styling works so much better (C90, XC90 whatever) than that strangely rounded hood surface on the Universe and You. Hats off to the team for a job well done!

Quote Originally Posted by bd5400 View Post

Pulled from the presentation on the concept talking about how the look will translate to the new XC90.

Source

More pictures, from Volvo Cars media-site:

I think it looks amazing!

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob.../124897/photos

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Today, I'm proud that I'm Volvo owner. Respect to Volvo, well done. This car looks amazing.

Hi

It was mentioned in one of the videos on media.volvocars.com by Alain Visser but it's now a banner on media.volvocars.com

"The elegant new Volvo Concept Coupé is the first of a series of three concept cars that reveal the design possibilities created by the company’s new Scalable Product Architecture (SPA)."

Very exciting news. The "face" of the 2015 XC90 looks fantastic, well done Volvo!!! Now build that coupe and don't second guess.
      Last edited by DCPattie; 08-29-2013 at 04:35 AM.
      Dave in VA

2012 XC70 T6, AWD (new T6 motor installed 8/27/2015)
      2016 Cadillac ATS-V

It looks like a muscle car rather than a coupe as such.

Overall is impressive. Couple of things I don't like as much, and I see the photos of the production version (ΧC90) also has them
      - The departure from the floating console. I think this has become a volvo trademark and I would like to see it evolve rather than disappear
      - The vertical vents adjucent to the screen. Many cars have that kind of layout and I find it very ugly. Also I would prefer the screen to have landscape orientation.
      - The alarm button I think should be positioned close to the e-handbrake button. The current position looks odd.
      - The a pillar/hood of the XC90 looks a bit square, kinda like the GLK..I hope it isn't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
      It looks like a muscle car rather than a coupe as such.
      My thoughts exactly.

Did the designer previously work for GM? This thing looks like a swedish camaro.... Bleh.

I'm liking the front of that XC90 "face", if that's what the image is, although I'm going to say, the first time I saw that image, for some reason Mercedes was the first thought that came into my mind even with that Volvo logo. I just hope they don't actually illuminate all that. And of course, is that a concept face or a production face?
      06 XC90 V8
      98 V70 T5M

Quote Originally Posted by dcpattie View Post
      very exciting news. The "face" of the 2015 xc90 looks fantastic, well done volvo!!! Now build that coupe and don't second guess.
      2016 xc90
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      2016 xc90
      ??? 2016????

so the xc90 is delayed again??? I thought it was a 2015 model

and build this damn car!!! I will put my money where my mouth is for this car!!!

I feel that not making this car would be a huge mistake. The P1800 was Volvo's chance at a lasting icon like the 911 and the SL, and this is their chance to show the world that they are ready to pick up where that car should be today.

Quote Originally Posted by tmpruitt View Post
      Presumably this is the study for a C90, with being a 2-passenger and having 400hp. Aka an SL competitor. That's beyond my means; but a C60--4 passenger and slightly less exclusive materials--is within the realm of possibility for me!
      If we're on the same platform, using the same engine, and not taking this to the extreme (no vastly-aluminum construction, twin-turbo V8's, etc.) the C90 could be priced well, well below the SL-class. The S-class and SL-class are so expensive because they are the extreme of luxury. This car is more likely to be a Volvo than a Mercedes-wannabe, and so its price tag would probably fall much closer to the pricing of the new XC90 (somewhere around $60,000 fully loaded) than an SL-class ($100,000+ base price).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex740 View Post
      PS - this car is a 4 seater, not sure why they are calling it a 2 seater?
      Definitely a 2-seater:

Would make a nice convertible, too.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyweb View Post
      I'm liking the front of that XC90 "face", if that's what the image is, although I'm going to say, the first time I saw that image, for some reason Mercedes was the first thought that came into my mind even with that Volvo logo. I just hope they don't actually illuminate all that. And of course, is that a concept face or a production face?
      It definitely reminds me of the GLK. If they illuminate the entire Grille... yeah... I'm sure they wouldn't do that. Pretty sure it'd actually be illegal in the US.
      2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience Package, Bowers & Wilkins, HUD, Rear Air Suspension, Polestar Optimization
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design
      Family History: 1983 Volvo 245 | 1987 Volvo 744 Turbo | 1993 Volvo 854 | 2001 Volvo S80 T6 | 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD | 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD | 2015.5 Volvo S60 Cross Country

Many detailed photographs of the Concept Coupé AND some XC90 details!!

Hi all,

Just visited the following site and saw many detailed photographs of the Concept Coupé AND some XC90 details!!

The coupé shots are non Volvo photo's at the introduction event and there are some details from the new XC90 shown. (Stills taken from presentation slides)

Click here

Definitely a 2-seater:

Then why are there 2 seats and two seat belts in the back? maybe they are more like jump seats sp they aren't counting them?

Quote Originally Posted by kospa60 View Post
      Overall is impressive. Couple of things I don't like as much, and I see the photos of the production version (ΧC90) also has them
      - The departure from the floating console. I think this has become a volvo trademark and I would like to see it evolve rather than disappear
      - The vertical vents adjucent to the screen. Many cars have that kind of layout and I find it very ugly. Also I would prefer the screen to have landscape orientation.
      - The alarm button I think should be positioned close to the e-handbrake button. The current position looks odd.
      - The a pillar/hood of the XC90 looks a bit square, kinda like the GLK..I hope it isn't like that.

I really like the look of the new interior but I have to agree that the floating center stack with the little hvac guy was a volvo trademark that other companies have started copying, I'm sad to see it go and I think it should have stayed on. I also question this button free dash idea, I hate the idea of needing to go through menus just to change the temperature, it's distracting and annoying on other cars. Part of the appeal to me of current Volvo's is that there are very simple to use knobs that you can operate without taking your eyes off the road but all that will be moot I guess in 7 years when cars are driving themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyteddy View Post
      Hi all,

Just visited the following site and saw many detailed photographs of the Concept Coupé AND some XC90 details!!

The coupé shots are non Volvo photo's at the introduction event and there are some details from the new XC90 shown. (Stills taken from presentation slides)

Click here
      Those are the best photos of the concept c, you really get an impression of what it looks like in person and its even more stunning than the press pictures illustrate.

Also love the taillights and that crisp shoulder on the new XC90, translated very well from the concept, it's going to be a very handsome SUV. I hope they keep the split tailgate so that Jeremy Clarkson still praises it on top gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jnusaputra View Post
      ??? 2016????

so the xc90 is delayed again??? I thought it was a 2015 model

and build this damn car!!! I will put my money where my mouth is for this car!!!
      No, not delayed. Early 2015 as a MY16.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

I really like the look of the new interior but I have to agree that the floating center stack with the little hvac guy was a volvo trademark that other companies have started copying, I'm sad to see it go and I think it should have stayed on.
      I actually am glad the floating center stack is gone. Neither my wife or I ever liked it. It was easy to dump stuff in there, but then awkward/hard to get something out since you couldn't easily see in there.

I also question this button free dash idea, I hate the idea of needing to go through menus just to change the temperature, it's distracting and annoying on other cars. Part of the appeal to me of current Volvo's is that there are very simple to use knobs that you can operate without taking your eyes off the road but all that will be moot I guess in 7 years when cars are driving themselves
      I agree. I also don't like the minimal buttons approach either. Probably means a lot of menus or screen touching.

I would hope they learn from and not repeat the Ford Sync mess and offer up "real" buttons for the most common things.

There are just way too few buttons there.
      06 XC90 V8
      98 V70 T5M

Very very well done!!! This is the first Volvo I have been excited about since the 1998 C70 came out, and I couldn't wait to buy one of those.

Congratulations on an amazing concept. Now built it and I will buy it!!!
      1998 Volvo C70 - Mystic Silver/Charcoal, Stage III
      2007 Volvo S60r - Electric Silver/Nordkap - SOLD, and Missed.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Caspian Blue/Off-black

Finally, a worthy successor to the Gen 1 C70!!!

They should be Building this : Right - NOW !

No Talking - No BS - Build this : P3000 Plus - Sounds Good .

T6 3L Twin Scroll - 8 Speed - Alloy : Hood , Truck , & Roof ! ( Glass to be Optional - with - Voice Control Tinting ) Give Me Shade Baby !

Rear Seats Optional : I'd Much Rather have a Wrapped around ( Curved ) -
      Flat Bottomed Bench
      - get the center Console thing a Bob out of the Back Seat Leg and Foot Cross over Area period .

I'll take mine in Orange- call it - Tequila Sun Burst - have it be a Metallic Pearl Coat !

Persoanly - I would have liked to see : Satin Nickle - Door Handles - that Blend into the Satin Nickle - Rear Fender
      Top Dressing of Fender Flair Line making them even Higher and More Pronounced - then Ending just over the Curve at the Intersection . ..
      There must be a way to have to do this without Holes in the Body and I'd Gladly - remove 1 or 2 from Inside Cabin to have those Real - P1800 Look !

Great Job Volvo :
      It is Time for Double Shoulder Belts Also ! NICE !

We won't be getting the Low look will we , or the Nice Mirrors and there will most likely be a Rear Qrt. Seam ?

Last edited by EngTech; 08-29-2013 at 01:43 PM.
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Someone had mentioned the key, and here it is:

Thanks for that link!

Then why are there 2 seats and two seat belts in the back? maybe they are more like jump seats sp they aren't counting them?
      Those are for golf clubs! I think they are jump seats at best, the height doesn't appear sufficient for an adult. But this is just the concept. The fact that there are air conditioning vents behind the neck in the rear make me think they are actually seats for people. Good eye catching the seat belts. I had seen the briefcases and said "oh, it's for storage, not people."

I also question this button free dash idea, I hate the idea of needing to go through menus just to change the temperature, it's distracting and annoying on other cars. Part of the appeal to me of current Volvo's is that there are very simple to use knobs that you can operate without taking your eyes off the road but all that will be moot I guess in 7 years when cars are driving themselves
      Gesture control is a real possibility as well. For example, placing two fingers side-by-side on the screen and then sliding up could raise the temperature for the side of the car on which the screen is being touched. A three-finger tap could bring up seat heater controls and then sliding the finger up and down could change them. Placing your palm on the display could start Wild Party Mode with flashing lights and disco music.

Quote Originally Posted by EngTech View Post
      They should be Building this : Right - NOW !
      For once, I can actually understand what you are saying with your ridiculously creative use of punctuation and I agree with you.
      2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience Package, Bowers & Wilkins, HUD, Rear Air Suspension, Polestar Optimization
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design
      Family History: 1983 Volvo 245 | 1987 Volvo 744 Turbo | 1993 Volvo 854 | 2001 Volvo S80 T6 | 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD | 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD | 2015.5 Volvo S60 Cross Country

Quote Originally Posted by EngTech View Post
      I'll take mine in Orange- call it - [COLOR=orange]Tequila Sun Burst - have it be a [U]Metallic Pearl Coat !
      You have the most absolute craziest formatting of text in your posts, but I definitely would love to see it in orange as well!

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      If they illuminate the entire Grille... yeah... I'm sure they wouldn't do that. Pretty sure it'd actually be illegal in the US.
      '80s Mercury Sable had a fully illuminated grille - so it is possible to do.

I can see the comparisons drawn to the camaro, but I don't think it will feel quite so similar in three dimensions. Those rear fender lines mirror the 'fins' on the 1800, the fastback profile is an interpretation of the 1800's greenhouse, and the rounded hood/nose are quite unlike most modern cars. I'd loe to see this become a reality.

It makes me wonder if Irv Gordon is gonna run out and get one of these new coupes?

Well done Thomas Ingenlath

Nice

It's awesome to see some nice things being said about Volvo... it's the most positive this forum has been in a long time. Can't wait for more news and for the planning to begin for OSD #4.
      2020 XC60 | T8 | OSD
      2018 V90CC | OSD
      2013 XC60 | R Design
      2012 C70 | Platinum P* Volvo Front & Elevate Rear Bars

Past: 2016 XC90 T8 | 2012 XC70, OSD | 2012 S60 | 2009 XC70 | 2008 C70, OSD| 2006 S60R | 2003 XC70, OSD | 2000 S40

Quote Originally Posted by winglet View Post
      My thoughts exactly.

Did the designer previously work for GM? This thing looks like a swedish camaro.... Bleh.
      You are aware that the P1800 off of which this concept is based was on the road before the first Camaro was drawn up right?
      Last edited by TrboBrik; 08-29-2013 at 04:53 PM.
      CERTIFIED LUMBERJACK, FAIRFAX
      "Men Lie. Women Lie. Numbers Don't." -Hustler of Virginia (Jay Z).
      From the Data Corridors of Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura CA View Post
      It's awesome to see some nice things being said about Volvo... it's the most positive this forum has been in a long time. Can't wait for more news and for the planning to begin for OSD #4.
      You could run a city off of this positive energy!

I believe we should be seeing 2 other concepts before the start of October...

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Those are for golf clubs! I think they are jump seats at best, the height doesn't appear sufficient for an adult. But this is just the concept. The fact that there are air conditioning vents behind the neck in the rear make me think they are actually seats for people. Good eye catching the seat belts. I had seen the briefcases and said "oh, it's for storage, not people."

Those rear seats seem completely plausible to me

photo 885wC8j.png

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
      You have the most absolute craziest formatting of text in your posts, but I definitely would love to see it in orange as well!
      +2 on bright orange!!
      2012 Volvo S60 R-Design

I love the exterior! WOW.

Interior is a bit bleh--looks like where Lincoln is going. It does not look like a Volvo interior at all.

Very nice to see this though! Save my pennies and hope this comes out just in time to replace the C30 in a few years...
      Last edited by ChrisInSD; 08-29-2013 at 06:48 PM.
      2008 S40 2.4i AT - Silver Metallic & Offblack Leather / Select Pkg, Climate Pkg
      2016 XC60 T5 AT - Ice White & Offblack Leather / Premier, Climate Pkg

SOLD:
      2013 C30 T5 R-Design 6 Speed - Titanium Grey Metallic & Offblack Leather-FlexTech

Indeed the interior is awful in particular the dash and instrumentation and those door cards: tacky, busy, vulgar....you name it. If you want to know how to do it with elegance and simplicity take a look at recent Jaguars. A real affront to Swedish design.

Don.

The Concept interior isn't that bad. The Jaguar F-Type does have a nice interior ... as does Audi R8.

2016 V60CC Platinum
      2016 S60CC Platinum
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

The coupe looks pretty tough in this shot:

some cool detail photos here: http://tjock.se/garaget/art/280035/h...mtidens_volvo/

2016 V60CC Platinum
      2016 S60CC Platinum
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast