Brand New 47 Year Old 122! - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Also, does anybody know what happened to George? His posts (along with Phil S and Ron K) got me through some serious s***.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks.

Forgive my ignorance, but is that the same George? That thread looks to have been created in July 2013, 2 months before this thread was started...

Mike

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rave0035 View Post
      Thanks.

Forgive my ignorance, but is that the same George? That thread looks to have been created in July 2013, 2 months before this thread was started...

Mike
      My bad. I didn't read back to see that you're referring to George Dill, not George Downs (Walrus).

AFAIK he's still here with the rest of us.

Congrats, hopefully I'll be finding the same joy sooner then later... three years and two daughters later.

Yep - dos kiddos has made this project vastly more complicated in every way. Keep at it when you find the inspiration (and time. and money.)

But - they're also a big reason I'm doing this. They're so excited to drive in the damned thing. My son (born in 2016) had never seen my 122 move under it's own power until last week!

No kids allowed in the car this year until I get the alignment straightened out and 300ish miles on it. After having the front end apart, the steering is vague at best, and horrific at worst. I've got the timing and carbs mostly there, but it's due for an exhaust upgrade first thing next year (still running a single downpipe with tons o' holes). I'll likely run an o2 sensor and dial it in with a 'hearing tube' and an AFR gauge.

For now, it starts and runs like a champ!!
      Mike

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4