Post forum upgrade issues here...
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post forum upgrade issues here...

I've noticed that you can not edit a post (or at lease submit your changes). Clicking Save or any button on that page doesn't work.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

This is happening on Google Chrome on Mac OSX 10.7
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards
      12 S60 R-Design Ice White | Bone stock for now
      IG: @devolvR

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anyway, I wanted to make changes to my recent thread regarding a calendar submission, and since I cut and pasted last years. I missed some details and dates that needs to change.
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards

test

edit
      Gone: 2004 s60r FG/Atacama
      2004.5 S40 2.4
      2000 Pontiac Trans Am (The Beast)
      2003 Chevrolet Suburban
      2004 Saturn Ion Redline (gas sipper)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

seems to be working.. Using firefox in linux.
      2004.5 S40 2.4
      2003 Chevrolet Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by DevolvR View Post
      I've noticed that you can not edit a post (or at lease submit your changes). Clicking Save or any button on that page doesn't work.

I have the same problem but with Firefox
      '88 244 auto (parts car), '89 244 5 spd. (daily driver), '92 245 5 spd. (my car) '80 Holiday Rambler/Ford E350 (tow vehicle and track crash pad), '95 GMC K2500 (local hauler/back-up tow vehicle), '83 Mazda RX7 (race car when I have the funds), '99 Miska 20' car hauler.

The man's prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, ... if I have to, ... I guess."

I agree with this. I cannot edit any posts after I see that I made a mistake. It's really inconvenient. The new layout of the replay box also has missing images that make it hard to know what you're clicking on.

Quote Originally Posted by DevolvR View Post

It's all going to hell, first tapatalk broke, now even regular access via a browser is all screwed up.
      iPD tune / Bilstein HD /25mm sways / Heico dual exhaust / OE sport body kit / HID Projectors / VST strut brace / EU power folding mirror kit / iMIV / Volvotech CFE / etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ss60 View Post
      It's all going to hell, first tapatalk broke, now even regular access via a browser is all screwed up.
      You broke the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.
      2008 Passion Red C30 6 Speed M/T
      V1 with Preferred, Climate Package and Dynaudio.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

Quote Originally Posted by JN2k108 View Post
      You broke the Internet.
      No it just SS. Just for fun try clicking "new posts" at the top... bam that's dead too
      iPD tune / Bilstein HD /25mm sways / Heico dual exhaust / OE sport body kit / HID Projectors / VST strut brace / EU power folding mirror kit / iMIV / Volvotech CFE / etc.

Tapatalk is working fine for now, however the browser is f ucking up

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.
      2008 Passion Red C30 6 Speed M/T
      V1 with Preferred, Climate Package and Dynaudio.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

what the hell.. I did it yesterday.. now its not working anymore..
      2004.5 S40 2.4
      2003 Chevrolet Suburban

It would be good for Chris to let us know what they are doing with the forum.
      I could be wrong but I suspect there has been a major move from a forum system platform to an other.
      The other day (over a week ago) the forum was completely down. You would only see the structure in plain text with no access to individual posts. Then the next day it came back but with a bunch of glitches. Text box was different but icons would not show, though help text over it would, and we can't edit posts.

I don't know if it is anything new but that night it said VW vortex on top of the page. Maybe they are moving to that system... idk but it would be nice to get an official update like we get when there is a special event on top of the forum pages...
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
      It would be good for Chris to let us know what they are doing with the forum.
      I could be wrong but I suspect there has been a major move from a forum system platform to an other.
      The other day (over a week ago) the forum was completely down. You would only see the structure in plain text with no access to individual posts. Then the next day it came back but with a bunch of glitches. Text box was different but icons would not show, though help text over it would, and we can't edit posts.

I don't know if it is anything new but that night it said VW vortex on top of the page. Maybe they are moving to that system... idk but it would be nice to get an official update like we get when there is a special event on top of the forum pages...
      There was a post from him yesterday saying they had been DDOS attacked last weekend and that they were upgrading to handle it in the future.

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Looks like it's working again, and the Community section has a completely transformed look now!

Edited!

Yes indeed a new look . . . A blue look . . . I like it!
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

Eh...
      Change for no reason but now each sub forum doesn't have the last thread to the right.
      This is not good because you don't know if it was an old thread so you need to waste a click to see.

Oversight?
      Who knows, but I just emailed Chris and George about that

Edit:This now seems to work again
      Email: jrl1194 ( at ) AOL (dot) com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 116K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 153,000 miles and still near perfect!

Edit a post is working now.
      The "Latest Discussion" box is appearing on the aggregate forum page: https://forums.swedespeed.com/forum.php

The forum software has been upgraded and the style sheets reworked. As you guys know, many online forums were attached during the past several weeks. We've taken steps to help reduce the DOS and SPAM attacks that were coming across. Some were pretty intricate and kept things "interesting" for the guys on the server side.

HOPEFULLY, once we iron out a few kinks with the style sheets using the site back to normal, with a new look. Please keep posting any issues or bugs you find so we can have a central thread to read.

Thanks for your patience!

1) Inserting an image with a URL has an error
      2) Click on a forum, the last post is no longer to the right. Now its blank.
      3)
      4)
      etc...
      2016 V60CC Platinum
      2016 S60CC Platinum
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

I noticed when I accessed the forum on my desktop today, using chrome, I had to sign in and the password box displayed my password in plain text instead of dots.

Hey Chris, are we going to be able to store photos (for stickies) on a SwedeSpeed server?
      I've noticed a lot of old stickies have broken image links, it'd be nice to keep those around.

I like the new skin but what happened to the New Posts tab or subscribed tabs ?
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

I like this new layout.
      I think what it is missing is a section dedicated to builds only (example DevolvR and his 30+ page build thread)
      It would be nice to have them all in one place
      2004 S60R 6MT HILTON 2.5 Tuned
      CLICK HERE for Build Thread

My wife's car: 2015.5 XC60 CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by tomedkaz View Post
      I like this new layout.
      I think what it is missing is a section dedicated to builds only (example DevolvR and his 30+ page build thread)
      It would be nice to have them all in one place
      It would be. But at the same time, that could be a little too specific for such a broad forum. My two build threads might be interesting to the P1 and P80 crowd, but not everyone may want to scroll through a bunch of build threads in search of model specifics.

Though, I would love to see what others are building without having to scroll through endless threads in R forum that aren't applicable to me.

Definitely need the New Posts button.
      I use this every time I visit.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!"

Presently taking a ride thru the Black Forest.

I'm still seeing the old layout with broken everything. Something is amiss.

Nah, editing posts works fine
      Last edited by prienzo; 10-30-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Our R View Post
      Definitely agree with this one!
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

1997 850 GLT - Daily Driver Check It Out
      2007 S60R - - FOR SALE -285 awhp/305 ft-lb
      Sometimes I sing too

Okay, being the technical savvy guy that I am. I figured it out. If any of you are seeing the old site, goto General settings and make sure you select Swedespeed - Relivo Theme. You are running the old Swedespeed 2010 theme, which does not work and has a lot of features completely broken.

Note to Chris (you might want to inform whoever) to disable or remove that theme entirely. If the legacy theme is important and want to be kept, than it needs to be tested out thoroughly and get those problems fixed.
      Last edited by DevolvR; 10-30-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Good find Alfred. That makes sense.
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

1997 850 GLT - Daily Driver Check It Out
      2007 S60R - - FOR SALE -285 awhp/305 ft-lb
      Sometimes I sing too

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      Hey Chris, are we going to be able to store photos (for stickies) on a SwedeSpeed server?
      I've noticed a lot of old stickies have broken image links, it'd be nice to keep those around.
      I think it's a good idea though it is also a good thing if people want to remove specific content from the public view. I think privacy and choice is always important to keep everyone safe and happy.
      As a simple suggestion I wonder if SwedeSpeed could keep a low resolution image on the server to limit how much image content could clog the server. At the same time it would be great to have an option when creating the new post to have that low resolution image made or not this way it stays within people's right to control some of their content. Just a few thoughts. Or to have the option to delete later.
      I know nothing is easy

Great job Chris. the site is awesome!

I really miss the 3 plus pages of NEW post with my morning coffee
      2006 V70R Black GT 377 awhp TME Exhaust, Girodisc 2 piece rotors IPD Sway bars, HD end links, Strut Brace, Poly engine mounts EST CAI, Silicone hose kits, SNABB intake, IPD HO coils,Enem Y21, CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ElectronicsSPA digital Boost/EGT, ScanGauge II, Bel STiR ,Laser Interceptor HD front jammer, Mobileye collision avoidance system , LED interior lighting, ImiV, 2 USB, AARP member,

Quote Originally Posted by Our R View Post
      Its in quicklinks at the top, but it is called "Today's Posts"

I am not seeing the [Quick Links] tab. Even with Swedespeed - Relivo Theme
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

My signature isn't showing when I respond and it was showing before. Settings say it should be showing. Other than that, looking sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindman View Post
      My signature isn't showing when I respond and it was showing before. Settings say it should be showing. Other than that, looking sweet!
      Did you uncheck the "Show your Signature" box on the bottom left?

Same issue here. Miss the NEW POSTS options
      '71 Volvo 1800E, 97K, Safari Yellow/Black, Minilites - Sunny Days
      '91 Volvo 780/Coupe, 106K, Metallic Red/Tan, Polaris - In Storage
      --- SOLD --- '98 Volvo V70R AWD, 182K, Saffron/Charcoal, Comets/Pegs

Lost the style change when there are no new posts in a forum. Once down at the forum they styles are different (new posts within a thread).

Also, subscriptions used to roll up so style would be different if there were new posts in the thread since last view, now individual posts appear. That was an easy way to see if anything had happened to a thread I was interested in/had posted.
      2012 S60 T5 Vibrant Copper/Beechwood, Premium, heated seats, front/rear park assist. Via OSD (April 2012). All-Weather Mats and Mud Guards added at delivery, LED License plate lights once at home.

3,000 miles in 6 countries over 21 days during OSD.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast