Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
      Invalid attachment(s)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by craig300 View Post
      Invalid attachment(s)
      I am not sure what is going on. When I check the post the attachments are highlighted in blue and active. If you are logged in to Swedespeed and click on the attachments they should open in a separate window. Why they are not loading into the message window when it first opens must be some configuration problem. If clicking on the attachments doesn't force them to open, post back and I can try reloading the pictures.
      A 142 of course. What do you expect? I'm the 142 guy. / 1971 142 E 102 color

Still not working. This is what I get.

4EA95DFB-CB7D-4FEA-A61C-9CCA0EBF6C50.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I deleted and reattached the files. They appear to be linked correctly now.

Quote Originally Posted by 142 Guy View Post
      I deleted and reattached the files. They appear to be linked correctly now.
      I can see them now, thx.

Coil mounting details for apico500

The bracket is fabricated from 0.0625" thick, 2" aluminum angle from Lowes or Home Depot. The bracket is positioned by two tabs fabricated from 0.125" thick aluminum bent to position the bracket over the plugs and mounted under the retaining screws for the valve cover..

Mounting tab.jpg

The nose of the coils fits over the plugs. The two tabs combined with the coil connection to the plugs solidly positions the coils / brackets.

Plug mounting.jpg

The two mounting tabs are connected to the angle piece by four flush mounted rivets. The tabs started out as flat aluminum pieces which were bent 'by trial' to position the coils over the plugs.

Bracket mounting.jpg

I used a metal hole saw to cut clean holes in the angle to receive the coil bodies. The coils are held in place by 0.25" bolts and I used a rivnut in the angle piece to retain the bolt. The mounting ear on the coil sits about 0.1 - 0.2" above the angle so to keep everything square there is a thin nylon spacer under the ear. I can't remember the exact thickness.

Coil mounting.jpg

The plugs on the Denso coil have four wires (Br - Grnd, Various colors - coil trigger, Blu/Yel - tach signal, Blk/Wh - +12 volts). The coil trigger gets the signal from MS. The tach signal is part of the OBDII misfire detection system and is unused. I de pinned the Bly/Yel wire from the plug and filled the hole with RTV silicon to seal it from moisture.
      Last edited by 142 Guy; 11-18-2019 at 02:33 PM.

How did you setup your megasquirt to read an external MAP? Does tunerstudio allow you to select other channels that the PCB mounted MAP sensor? Obviously, there are a few spare channels that the external map can be wired up through.
      Lesky
      '58 PV444
      '73 164E

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
      How did you setup your megasquirt to read an external MAP? Does tunerstudio allow you to select other channels that the PCB mounted MAP sensor? Obviously, there are a few spare channels that the external map can be wired up through.
      No adjustment required. I never installed the Motorola / Freescale / NXP / whatever their name is today in the MS case. I mounted the supplied MPX 4250 MAP sensor on a small piece of circuit board inside a water resistant case and mounted it approximately where the Volvo MAP sensor was located. I used a Deutsche 3 pin sealed connector for the connection. The whole idea of running a hose from the manifold back through the firewall and under the carpet to the area below the passenger seat where the MS is installed seemed like a bad idea - lots of opportunity for pinched hoses. I used the SPR3 free pins on the DB connector for the MAP signal line and ran a jumper to the old sensor location on the circuit board, poached the +5v off of the TPS +5v pin on the DB connector and ran the MAP ground to one of the ground pins on the DB connector.

That said, you don't need to use the MPX sensor. If you can find a nice weather tight 3 pin sensor that is convenient to use the Tuner Studio Tools / Calibrate MAP window allows you to use just about any sensor in the world. If you don't want to use one of the preset values in the window you can do a custom entry. All you need is the pressure sensor values that give 0 and 5 volts out. Bosch has some nice small ones that mount right on the intake manifold - I think VW & Audi uses them.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11