It's been awhile - Page 7
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
      Quote Originally Posted by LloydDobler View Post
      Awesome. So are you more of a VW guy or Volvo guy? Or is it just the V part? I've always felt the amazon and the squareback/notchback had a similar feel. Of course, one doesn't sound like an air cooled VW.
      A VW guy that has allowed Volvo's into my heart, haha. My first three cars were aircooled (all early Type 1 beetles), my last two were modern (GTI and R32). The Volvo was bought a few years after the R32 and both are the longest owned cars of mine, 10 and 8 years respectively.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sent the car down for a new headliner, roof insulation, wind lace, and had the front two seats webbed and lower cushions firmed up. Interior stuff doesn't interest me, I rather leave that to guys who do it every day.

I'm with you on that. I'll re-skin a seat with a factory skin but I tried a headliner in my first 122 and it came out terrible, I have no patience for fabric.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, stock turbo and tune (for now).
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Just enjoying it today.

Most enjoyable.

Unfortunately, I've put mine to bed for the winter. Will still be working on it over the months, but no road until spring.
      Chris

1966 122S B-18D/M40 4-dr, Sea Green/Brown
      2007 XC90 3.2 AWD, Shadow Blue/Graphite Gray
      2012 Audi A6 3.0T quattro, Aviator Blue/Brown

Can you post pictures of the wind lace in the car please?.

I should just start calling this my Amazon picture thread, I hardly do much but drive it lately. Ordered up some yellow fog lights to pair up with the driving lights that should come in next week. I am planning on taking the trans out soon to address the intermittent OD which I diagnosed last year as failing operating piston seals.

Nice shots... perfect mix of subject and setting.
      Chris

I don't know the specifics of the underside of an Amazon; but, on my 140 with the car up on stands, laying on your back you can just reach up to access the OD lock out switch on the top cover. Getting a suitable wrench up there to loosen it is a separate challenge. If its in super tight which requires a long wrench it may be a no go. Might be worthwhile giving it a try unless the box has to come out for other reasons.
      A 142 of course. What do you expect? I'm the 142 guy. / 1971 142 E 102 color

Quote Originally Posted by Csm22 View Post
      Nice shots... perfect mix of subject and setting.
      Thanks, trying to capture the feeling of being there with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by 142 Guy View Post
      I don't know the specifics of the underside of an Amazon; but, on my 140 with the car up on stands, laying on your back you can just reach up to access the OD lock out switch on the top cover. Getting a suitable wrench up there to loosen it is a separate challenge. If its in super tight which requires a long wrench it may be a no go. Might be worthwhile giving it a try unless the box has to come out for other reasons.
      The O rings on the operating pistons are most likely dry rotted from sitting dry too long after it was completely overhauled and rebuilt in 2009. I bought it in 2014 and it sat on my garage floor until I installed it last year. It works great when it's cold out for about 20 minutes (below 60 degrees) with the factory recommended oil then it starts dropping out. I could band aid the situation by running thick oil but I'd rather address the issue properly and upgrade at the same time.

Here is a great read. Pictures are near the bottom for reference.

https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/faq/OverdriveRebuild.html

Thanks, trying to capture the feeling of being there with the car.

Thinking winter was just around the corner, I did the pre-hibernation oil change WAY too early... barely any snow so far. Could've been driving all this time, but it's just as well... catching up with a lot of deferred maintenance and detail corrections, so it's a good thing, I guess. Winter therapy for car and owner.
      Chris

Quote Originally Posted by R32rennsport View Post
      The O rings on the operating pistons are most likely dry rotted from sitting dry too long after it was completely overhauled and rebuilt in 2009. I bought it in 2014 and it sat on my garage floor until I installed it last year. It works great when it's cold out for about 20 minutes (below 60 degrees) with the factory recommended oil then it starts dropping out. I could band aid the situation by running thick oil but I'd rather address the issue properly and upgrade at the same time.

Here is a great read. Pictures are near the bottom for reference.

https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/faq/OverdriveRebuild.html
      I misread your post. For some unexplainable reason I had mentally inserted switch after 'intermittent OD'.
      A 142 of course. What do you expect? I'm the 142 guy. / 1971 142 E 102 color

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7