New Owner Introductions and Pictures of Your XC60 - Page 7
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
      [IMG][/IMG]
      Here's one in a different light taken with my sons Gopro.
      It's not often I go off road but it's nice to try it out once in a while.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice scenery. Now the color looks like Seashell.
      2018 XC60, T6, Inscription, B&W sound

2015.5 XC60, T6, OSD, Platinum, Seashell Met, Blis, Inscription, Climate, Fwd Cam, 20" Avior Wheels

2017 Tesla model D90S

Finally got our new 2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum/BLIS yesterday, after 3 months wait. Very happy with all options we picked, and the color combo - Power Blue metallic with Blond/Black sport seats. Car looks and drives like a charm

Last edited by genesmasher; 10-26-2014 at 09:24 PM.
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      past:
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Yeah I've noticed that not all colors are a good fit IMHO for the XC60 but that's a knockout color.

Just gorgeous. Congrats!
      2014 XC60 RD

Great color & nice pics

2015.5 XC60, T6, OSD, Platinum, Seashell Met, Blis, Inscription, Climate, Fwd Cam, 20" Avior Wheels

2017 Tesla model D90S

Wow, just wow! Nicely done. I did not see a Polestar badge though.......

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyXC View Post
      Wow, just wow! Nicely done. I did not see a Polestar badge though.......
      Thanks everyone. Yeah, no Polestar for now, maybe later. Honestly, this is my wife's car and she is pretty happy with the T6 performance as is. Also considering that ours is pretty loaded (sticker >$51K), we really couldn't afford to shell out the extra money for P* upgrade at this time. Coming from the Audi Q5 3.2 6cyl, first impression is that XC60 feels just as powerful, but more solidly built and comfortable, loaded with toys and infotainment system is more user-friendly. Ride quality is better than the Audi, even with 20" wheels. There is a little more body roll in the corners, so IPD sway bar maybe a future upgrade. Other than that - pretty happy. Now just need to tint the front windows...
      Last edited by genesmasher; 10-27-2014 at 01:22 PM.
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      past:
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

New Member Intro | Pics of my 2015 R-DESIGN

Hey yall! Just wanted to introduce myself and share a few pics of my new ride...a 2015 Volvo XC60 R-DESIGN Platinum in crystal white pearl w/ black leather & nubuck interior.

I've historically always done the forum thing. This one seems to have a wealth of info, which I'm sure I'll utilize. My taste in cars is very eclectic. Variety is the spice of life. Past rides include:

1999 BMW M3
      2006 Pontiac GTO w/ Holden conversion
      2008 Nissan 350Z NISMO
      2005 MB C55 AMG
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V (manual)
      2012 Infiniti G37 vert

This is my first SUV and first Volvo. I'm absolutely loving the car so far. My only real complaints are with the climate system...you have to adjust each side's temp separately (my other cars with dual climate had a sync button so you could adjust both sides simultaneously)...and you can't set the doors to automatically unlock when you put it in park, so you have to pull the handle twice to open...once to unlock and again the open. I think it's one of their safety things. Lastly, the regulator that controls the auto up/down on the windows has malfunctioned so my driver and rear passenger windows won't auto up. They're going to replace it. Such is life. #firstworldproblems

Other cars I considered:

-Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - fantastic vehicles but I just couldn't bring myself to get such an inefficient vehicle for daily driving. They're also kind of common. And I'll be honest...the thought of actually purchasing a CDJ product still kind of puts me off.

-Range Rover Evoque - still really like this one. The styling is undeniably sharp, inside and out. But I don't trust the reliability, and I still can't get over the fact that it only has a 4-cylinder for ~$50k.

-BMW 328 sportwagon - have to admit, I was surprised by how much I liked it. Something about getting in a BMW always feels like coming home. The new interiors are great and feel like the BMW I used to know. But again, I couldn't overcome the idea of paying $50k for a 4-cylinder 3-series. Going to wait and get an M4 some day.

The Volvo was always my first choice once I seriously started looking, and it ultimately came down to this or the V60R, but I just couldn't see myself in a wagon yet, and I've wanted an SUV for a long time. I love the new Volvo designs, the modern, minimalist interior and I honestly feel like it's a whole lot of car for the money. Onto the pics...

-Matt

very nice car. i doubt you would need any help from this forum, as you might move onto the next nice car well before the lease expires.
      Cheers!
      (2007 XC90 V8 Sport AWD -- 10X kmiles)
      (2004 XC90 2.5T AWD -- 20X kmiles)
      (2001 V70 T5M FWD -- 17X kmiles)

Congrats on the purchase! There isn't a lot of traffic here, but there is a wealth of information that comes from searching. How about throwing up some picts of your old projects?
      Current: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD | 2017 Pacifica Limited
      Past: 2008 Saab 9-3 Vector Convertible: Sold 2014 | 2003 Audi A4 1.8TQM: Sold 2010 | 2006 Triumph Daytona 675: Sold 2008

Congrats on the car and especially the adoption.
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
      2007 S60R Magic Blue Metallic/Gobi MT 70,000+ miles (IPD intercooler, Hawk ceramics)
      2013 XC60 T6 Savile Grey Metallic/Black (wife's)
      2010 Ford Ranger
      http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/reward2/library/

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Welcome to SwedeSpeed! Great car, but also great photography skills as well. You obviously know how automotive forums are supposed to work.

Bravo on the intro! Well done and great car!

Pics look great and congrats!
      2014 XC60 RD

Hello everyone, New to the forum and new to Volvo.

We went car shopping Sunday and saw the XC60 for the first time. It's a 2011 T6 RDesign with just under 30k. We couldn't pass it up once my wife sat in it and let me know emphatically that the seats were like sitting on clouds :-) but it almost didn't happen!

So its very unlike me to buy a car without first finding a forum like this one to learn all the quirks and highlights, but shortly after we looked at it a couple showed up for a test drive and the sales person slapped a sold sign on it when they came back. a bit distraught we took out a Mercedes and when we got back we saw that the deal didn't go through. We took it for a spin and about an hour later we were headed home in it. We absolutely love the car, we don't have the running boards, Tow Package, or Technology package but I believe we have everything else. From what I've read they've made some improvements since 2011 but we should be plenty happy with this model.

I'm looking forward to doing more reading on the forum to learn all the pain points and "must have" upgrades for the XC60 I won't be able to do much performance wise as we bought this specifically because we're expecting a second child in February and I already have a few toys to play with. A tune that also increased MPG may be a possibility though :-)

below are a few pics:

Quote Originally Posted by mikejsmith1985 View Post
      Hello everyone, New to the forum and new to Volvo.

We went car shopping Sunday and saw the XC60 for the first time. It's a 2011 T6 RDesign with just under 30k. We couldn't pass it up once my wife sat in it and let me know emphatically that the seats were like sitting on clouds :-) but it almost didn't happen!

So its very unlike me to buy a car without first finding a forum like this one to learn all the quirks and highlights, but shortly after we looked at it a couple showed up for a test drive and the sales person slapped a sold sign on it when they came back. a bit distraught we took out a Mercedes and when we got back we saw that the deal didn't go through. We took it for a spin and about an hour later we were headed home in it. We absolutely love the car, we don't have the running boards, Tow Package, or Technology package but I believe we have everything else. From what I've read they've made some improvements since 2011 but we should be plenty happy with this model.

I'm looking forward to doing more reading on the forum to learn all the pain points and "must have" upgrades for the XC60 I won't be able to do much performance wise as we bought this specifically because we're expecting a second child in February and I already have a few toys to play with. A tune that also increased MPG may be a possibility though :-)

below are a few pics:
      The 2011 R-Design was the first Volvo that caught our eyes... It's basically the main reason why when we were looking for a new vehicle this year we pulled the trigger on a 2015.

Enjoy the vehicle!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I do believe you can get the polestar tune for the 2011 R-Design T6 as it did not come with the tune. Best thing is (at least up here in Canada) the Polestar tune has a 14 day money back guarantee.. If they apply the tune and you don't like it they'll remove it for free and refund you the cost.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmanus View Post
      The 2011 R-Design was the first Volvo that caught our eyes... It's basically the main reason why when we were looking for a new vehicle this year we pulled the trigger on a 2015.

Enjoy the vehicle!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I do believe you can get the polestar tune for the 2011 R-Design T6 as it did not come with the tune. Best thing is (at least up here in Canada) the Polestar tune has a 14 day money back guarantee.. If they apply the tune and you don't like it they'll remove it for free and refund you the cost.
      Good to know thanks for the feedback! I'll have to contact the local Volvo dealer and see about that. We're still loving it, hard not to see some of the advancements in the newer models and not want one but we got a great deal and look forward to driving the heck out of this thing!

And yet another proud new XC60 owner

Hi everybody,

Just joined this forum as I got me new XC60 a few weeks ago. 2015.5 T5 (240 hp), Caspian blue, Platinum plus BLIS and front view camera. So lots of options, but no dipstick
      Looking forward to many safe miles and getting lots of useful information from this forum.

PS If someone can explain to me how to upload photos then ...

Welcome!

Here are instructions for uploading photos.
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, swaybar, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, lowered, swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

New Owner Introductions and Pictures of Your XC60

Hello to all, I will be taking delivery of my 2015 XC60 D4 AWD in 2 weeks.
      Last edited by Manoloiv; 12-14-2014 at 07:40 AM.

one more reason to live in Arizona

The wife visiting friends in British Columbia.
      Volvo: 2015.5 XC60 RD Plat. arrest-me red w/ Climate, BLIS & OEM trailer hitch. IPD skid plate & rear sway bar
      Others: 2019 Merc AMG E53 Cpe, 1988 Merc 560SL, 1969 MGB GT, 1957 MG ZB Magnette, 1953 MG TD & 1935 Ford 5W Dlx Cpe

Well, not technically an owner yet, but I'll be joining the XC60 Club in April when we pick it up in Goteborg. We booked the flight with Volvo Corporate Travel yesterday.

Looking forward to the trip, but even more so getting the vehicle we agonized over for many months. Would have ordered much sooner, but we correctly reasoned Sweden in spring will be better than Sweden in winter (surprisingly, Sweden resembles Vermont very closely).
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

recently purchased D5 AWD Rdesign manual, bit older than some on here at 2010, have to say we both love it to the point of almost fighting over who is driving. It also looks stunning, upgraded all internal lights to LED which has lifted the vehicle at night making it look modern inside as well as outside.

Forgot to mention, it has just turned 111,000 miles but you would not think so.

[IMG] photo P1050017_zpse98693f2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo P1050018_zpse52c0fa6.jpg[/IMG]

A few days ago I took delivery of a new XC60 D4 :

Although the dealer experience was hardly a good one, the car is simply fantastic!!! The Four-C chassis seems to work pretty well and the Geartronic gearbox is very smooth!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ┗┻(・(ェ)・^)┻┛ XC60 D4 Geartronic - Twilight Bronze, Sport Leather Hazel Brown/Offblack, Copper Dawn inlay, ABL Light Pack, F&R Park Assist & Camera, Four-C, Active DID, Inscription Charcoal headlining & Leather Instrument Panel, Gear Shift Paddles, Sensus Connect, Dark Tinted Glass, Power Operated Tailgate, Grocery Bag Holder http://minvolvo.blogspot.com

Congrats!

That's one of my favorite colors for Volvo and the copper center panel is nice. I don't think we get that here as standard (just like the 4C).
      2014 XC60 RD

+1.

Didn't even know Volvo offered that copper inlay anywhere. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by JMFangio View Post
      Congrats!

That's one of my favorite colors for Volvo and the copper center panel is nice. I don't think we get that here as standard (just like the 4C).
      2015 XC60 T6 RD, P+, Blis, climate, black sapphire
      previous: 2005 S60R magic blue/atacama 6mt (lease returned '08)

Howdy from Texas

New member, recently took delivery of a 2015 XC60 T6 FWD with the twin-charged 2.0L E-drive. Seashell metallic, beige leather with Platinum and BLISS. Wife's car, talked her into the more powerful engine, she's glad to have it. I'll post some pics eventually along with driving impressions. She drives it about 10 miles round trip to work daily on city streets. I've had it out in the country once to put it through the paces. Did some 0-60mph, 50-80mph, 0-100 roll-ons. Tried a 70mph panic stop. Ran it through some twisties on our local Racer's Road. Went for top speed until the road got too squirrely for more. 80mph feels like nothing special in this car. Pretty impressive performance considering it's a cross-over, I've many years of superbike riding so my optics are distorted. I'd like to make some mods sometime when the wife goes out of town, starting with the rear sway-bar. Eventually, I'll post a performance review.

My only complaints are the headrests seem to be a bit far forward and non-adjustable, front storage is a bit limited, and center console armrest could come up a bit higher. Mash the gas to enter a high-speed road with heavy oncoming traffic on a sharply decreasing radius turn and the torque steer grabs your attention, but that's really extreme and an outlier on performance attributes. Gas mileage has been disappointing but is starting to increase as we put some miles on the car. Getting about 20mpg city driving in Eco mode with auto shutoff. It desperately needs some highway miles.

The main thing is my wife loves the car. We're empty nesters so she didn't need the soccer-mom van, although she did frequently use the hauling capacity of the Chrysler Town&Country she's had for a decade. (We drive cars till the wheels fall off.) She looked at Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, Lincoln, Ford, and Nissan. Her last Volvo was a 740 turbo wagon which we crash tested several times, she called it her Starship Enterprise because it was so quick. Already learned a few things from this forum. We installed the center console storage tray and armrest storage bins, they're a nice add-on and we recommend. Hope to find time to be more active here. Pics to follow if it ever stops raining, I can get it away from the wife, and I can wash it.

Congrats and welcome to the site.
      2014 XC60 RD

New owner here. 2015.5 XC60 T6 Platinum Drive-E FWD with every option! BLIS, technology, climate and metallic paint. I also have the inscription package. I test drove a seashell color but the interior wasn't my first choice. When I asked the dealer if they had any other models to look at, the only one was a car-show display model that was not officially in their system yet. When my wife saw it she told me I would be driving off in it! The inscription package is beautiful. Interior is marble white leather with walnut inlay and charcoal flooring. I will post more pictures later. I love the feel of the car, the technology is first rate and I am getting 23mpg city and 29 highway so far.

Last edited by Run100s; 02-04-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Beautiful car, we are really liking ours. More and more every day.

2017 Tesla model D90S

Awesome, great looking cars!

One more XC60 on the road

Hello everyone,
      I just sold my beloved XC90 (2003) with some tears in my eyes. Beeing done driving the kids and their soccer equipment around I picked up an XC60 (MY2012, R-Design) YESTERDAY
      Because the 5 Cyl. 2,4l Diesel engine never let me down, I went for the D3 with the same engine (although the engine has undergone some major changes - well... I guess I was a sentimental decision). No pictures yet since the weather really sucks here in Cologne )-:
      I'm quite enthusiastic reading through the forum and I hope someday I can even contribute some useful stuff.
      Christian (and the Google Translator)

2500 miles and going strong. Pleasure to drive. Drove in snow the other day and did fine.

2017 Tesla model D90S

Hey folks, trust all is well.

Joined the forum as I just picked up my new Volvo XC60 D5 AWD (2014) and had some questions that perhaps people on the forum can share their knowledge/experiences on.

I'm a 1st time Volvo driver, and hope in time I can share my experiences and knowledge with others.

Personal stuff: Originally from the UK, but am now living & working in Zürich, Switzerland (for almost 8yrs) with my wife, a 2yr old son with another one due anytime now - hence the purchase of probably one of the safest cars "In The World" (as J.Clarkson would say).

Look forward to speaking with you all soon.

APx

PS: Would love to post a few pics, but the system wont let me except through a URL?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast