Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

S/XC 60 after a wash.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dnlaly View Post

I finally have my own Volvo; not an XC60. I noticed that my V60 RD is a lot quicker (shorter and lighter) than my wife's XC60 RD. I almost got a Subaru Outback. Luckily, I saw, two other salesmen at Subaru admiring the XC60; that convinced me to stick with Volvo.
      Great pics you posted previously! Congrats again!
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post

S/XC 60 after a wash.
      Nice stable! Makes me want to go clean my garage (and paint your walls blue)
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Nobody with a Terra Bronze has posted yet?! It's time to fix that

Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark View Post

Nice, looks great! Shiny!
      2018 V60 T5 ~ 2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

Just picked this up earlier this week. It is a T6 Premium with BLIS, Proximity and a few other things I can't remember. End of the year discounts coupled with 0% financing for 60 months made this one hard to pass up.

[IMG][/IMG]
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Nice! What a deal.

Picking this up on Friday, just sold my S4 and bought this in its place. It's a T6 premium plus and soon to be pole star tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
      Picking this up on Friday, just sold my S4 and bought this in its place. It's a T6 premium plus and soon to be pole star tuned.
      Nice! B7 or B8 S4?
      2013 Black XC60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar
      Climate Package | Premium Audio Package | BLIS
      QTP Exhaust Cutout w/ Res Delete | 20% Tint | ShadowLine Window Trim
      OEM Volvo Crossbars w/ INNO Racks and INNO Fairing | ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar w/ Energy suspension bushings | PLX Kiwi2 WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by OakleyXC60RPolestar View Post
      Nice! B7 or B8 S4?
      B8 S4

B8 S4
      My brother in law has a B8 and loves it. Any particular reason for the change?
      I'd suggest the IPD or Elevate sway bar or H&R springs as your first mod if you want any remnants of that awesome B8 suspension.
      OEM Volvo Crossbars w/ INNO Racks and INNO Fairing | ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar w/ Energy suspension bushings | PLX Kiwi2 WiFi

My brother in law has a B8 and loves it. Any particular reason for the change?
      I'd suggest the IPD or Elevate sway bar or H&R springs as your first mod if you want any remnants of that awesome B8 suspension.
      We have a new born on the way and the S4 was just way to loud and rough riding for a baby. Plus the paint had stated to peel on the front fenders and Audi wouldn't warranty it, and I had no warranty left on the car due to the upgrades. Figured it was time for an upgrade. I've already ordered the IPD sway bar and I'm going to do the springs after this winter is over with next year.

We have a new born on the way and the S4 was just way to loud and rough riding for a baby. Plus the paint had stated to peel on the front fenders and Audi wouldn't warranty it, and I had no warranty left on the car due to the upgrades. Figured it was time for an upgrade. I've already ordered the IPD sway bar and I'm going to do the springs after this winter is over with next year.
      Same reason I chose to change MY CTS-V and Focus (aside from the arthritis).

Hope the pickup goes well this Friday.

Hey y'all, just picked up a 2013 3.2 Premier Plus yesterday. Very happy with the rig so far, it's quite an upgrade from a Subaru Forester. Looking forward to being a contributing member to the forum. FYI: If it mounts to the hitch or mounts to the roof, I'm your guy. I have a vast knowledge of roof rack and hitch mounted accessory knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by FitCowboy View Post
      Hey y'all, just picked up a 2013 3.2 Premier Plus yesterday. Very happy with the rig so far, it's quite an upgrade from a Subaru Forester. Looking forward to being a contributing member to the forum. FYI: If it mounts to the hitch or mounts to the roof, I'm your guy. I have a vast knowledge of roof rack and hitch mounted accessory knowledge.
      Welcome aboard. I actually cross shopped the 2015 forester with the XC60, as I had a '12 WRX and '12 STi and loved them. The xc60 obviously won (mostly due to interior and CVT).

FYI: the square load bars are very low profile. I can just barely get my info accessories in (the sunroof won't even open from the mounts being so close).

Welcome aboard. I actually cross shopped the 2015 forester with the XC60, as I had a '12 WRX and '12 STi and loved them. The xc60 obviously won (mostly due to interior and CVT).

FYI: the square load bars are very low profile. I can just barely get my info accessories in (the sunroof won't even open from the mounts being so close).
      Wait.

What?

What brand load bars are you talking about? Inno?

I have the Volvo branded ones (presumably Thule rebrands) that allow the sunroof to be used even with my Thule box mounted.

I'm betting the Innos are super low in comparison.

2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey

Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post
      Wait.

What?

What brand load bars are you talking about? Inno?

I have the Volvo branded ones (presumably Thule rebrands) that allow the sunroof to be used even with my Thule box mounted.

I'm betting the Innos are super low in comparison.
      There are two Volvo branded ones.
      I have the square load bars, and the INNO accessories are made for a universal fit. For this reason, I can't open my roof when I have everything on, and the hardware is grazing my roof.

I was going to say that dealership looked familiar! Great guys there, parts + service department is really good!

Congrats on the purchase I have pretty much the identical vehicle except a 2015. Same colour and similar options.

How much CAD did the bar run you? Are you doing the bar swap yourself?
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark View Post
      I'm a fan of the bronze and other Volvo orange hues. Very nice XC!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Just picked this up earlier this week. It is a T6 Premium with BLIS, Proximity and a few other things I can't remember. End of the year discounts coupled with 0% financing for 60 months made this one hard to pass up.

[IMG][URL=http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/waynedhorvath/media/2015-09-19%2014.34.06_zpszidjzcmm.jpg.html][/IMG]
      Lookin good in flamenco Wayne! Congrats and enjoy!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Congrats on the new T6! The engine really comes alive with the Polestar flash. Enjoy!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Like you, we traded in our sport sedan (S60 RD) for the more relaxed and roomier XC60, preparing for our baby coming soon. Congrats on your little one on the way!

Btw, we bought the Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic seat and base, along with their matching special edition black Bravo stroller. The seat and base fit fine.
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Hi, new forum member from the UK, picked up my XC60 D5 AWD yesterday, Onyx Black with 18" Leda Black Alloys. It has the winter pack with Auto bending headlights, Driver support pack (BLIS ACC etc) Dark Tinted Windows, Front & Rear Park Assist + Rear Camera, Keyless Drive.

Loving it so far especially the Adaptive Cruise Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Bepto View Post
      Hi, new forum member from the UK, picked up my XC60 D5 AWD yesterday, Onyx Black with 18" Leda Black Alloys. It has the winter pack with Auto bending headlights, Driver support pack (BLIS ACC etc) Dark Tinted Windows, Front & Rear Park Assist + Rear Camera, Keyless Drive.

Sweet ride, especially like the rims. ACC is probably my favourite option on ours too!
      2018 V90CC T5 with P*, Saville Gray/Charcoal
      2015.5 XC60 T5 Drive-E Platinum, Twilight Bronze/Hazel Brown

Welcome and congrats! Very nice XC60, like the wheels. Is that the 5 cylinder D5?
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Welcome and congrats! Very nice XC60, like the wheels. Is that the 5 cylinder D5?
      I believe so, its 2,4 ltr 215Bhp I think.

Very nice!

You're interior is exactly what I wanted but in the U.S., its not an option.

Please make sure you find a nice winding road devoid of other cars, put it in sport mode, and apply liberal amount of gas, it will bring a big smile to your face.
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

Pity all the options aren't available in every country, if they were I would have gone for exactly what you have in yours but that's not an option here. Haven't tried sport mode yet & I have the steering wheel paddles too.

First night drive to work last night, the Active main beam is very useful and very entertaining.

I believe so, its 2,4 ltr 215Bhp I think.
      Yes, the 2.4L is the 5 cylinder. Very good choice. 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Got one for my daugher

Hi Everyone. I just bought what will, in 6 months, be my daughter's first car. I'd narrowed my options down to the Subaru Crosstrek and Forester, and the Honda CRV, basing my choice mostly on the IIHS reviews and their prices with the auto braking feature. Then I saw what looked like an incredible deal on a lightly used 2015 XC60 on ebay. It was in Florida, and after nobody bought it, my aunt went to the dealer to check it out for us. We bought it from them directly and saved enough to cover shipping the car to us in NC. Someone traded it for a Mercedes after putting only 6900 miles on it. No accidents or damages. Just some dirt on the floor mats and a couple of scuffs on the plastic you see below the front drivers door when you open the door.

It's a really beautiful car, far nicer than what I thought we'd get her, and I suspect she'll worry about scratching it and be an even safer driver. All I really want it to do is help keep her safe, which is why I got it. You can see the front of my 11 year old Trailblazer behind it, and I will admit I get a kick out of how uncomfortable the idea of having a nicer car than me makes her But I'm a more experienced driver and am more comfortable with her having the safety features. Oh, it has the platinum trim level with BLIS or something, and the technology package, a parallel parking feature, and a really nice stereo. Nicer than the 2 speakers that still work in my car LOL. No plates on it yet, I have to get it registered and then I'll drive it on some errands or on school pick up trips where she can then practice (learner's permit).

I do have one question. Don't laugh, but I think it may be a 2015.5, not a 2015. The manuals say 2015, and I thought I was buying a 2015, but all the features of the 2015.5 seem to be in it. How can I tell?

Thanks,
      Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 2KeepHerSafe View Post
      Hi Everyone. I just bought what will, in 6 months, be my daughter's first car. I'd narrowed my options down to the Subaru Crosstrek and Forester, and the Honda CRV, basing my choice mostly on the IIHS reviews and their prices with the auto braking feature. Then I saw what looked like an incredible deal on a lightly used 2015 XC60 on ebay. It was in Florida, and after nobody bought it, my aunt went to the dealer to check it out for us. We bought it from them directly and saved enough to cover shipping the car to us in NC. Someone traded it for a Mercedes after putting only 6900 miles on it. No accidents or damages. Just some dirt on the floor mats and a couple of scuffs on the plastic you see below the front drivers door when you open the door.

It's a really beautiful car, far nicer than what I thought we'd get her, and I suspect she'll worry about scratching it and be an even safer driver. All I really want it to do is help keep her safe, which is why I got it. You can see the front of my 11 year old Trailblazer behind it, and I will admit I get a kick out of how uncomfortable the idea of having a nicer car than me makes her But I'm a more experienced driver and am more comfortable with her having the safety features. Oh, it has the platinum trim level with BLIS or something, and the technology package, a parallel parking feature, and a really nice stereo. Nicer than the 2 speakers that still work in my car LOL. No plates on it yet, I have to get it registered and then I'll drive it on some errands or on school pick up trips where she can then practice (learner's permit).

I do have one question. Don't laugh, but I think it may be a 2015.5, not a 2015. The manuals say 2015, and I thought I was buying a 2015, but all the features of the 2015.5 seem to be in it. How can I tell?

Thanks,
      Todd
      Hi Todd, congrats and welcome! It appears to be a really nice XC60; your daughter will be very safe and cruising in style. The easiest way I can tell '15 vs. '15.5 is the '15.5's have metal surrounds on the 4 big control knobs in the center stack, and a "world globe" button near the top right of the center dash button cluster just below the My Car button (for internet access). These are not available on 2015 and prior models.

Here's a pic:
      Last edited by Bmo Pete; 10-29-2015 at 04:47 PM.
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Thank you, Pete.
      It has both the button and the shinny soda cap looking knurled dials, so I guess it is a 2015.5 I just saw something about Yelp online, and scrolling through the menu, I noticed Yelp. Not sure why that's the one app that stuck in my head.

The driver door sticker says Nov. 2014, and the dealer put it on ebay as a 2015, so that's a cool surprise. We may have gotten an even better deal than I thought for her, not that she'll care. She'd have been excited to get my Trailblazer.

It's just that
      http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/veh...-door-suv/2004
      vs
      http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/veh...c60-4-door-suv

Yep, you sure got a 2015.5, good deal! They started producing 2015.5's in Q3 or Q4 2014. Our '15.5 was made in Dec. 2014 I believe.
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Hello!
      Im delayed with posting pics of my new ride but better late then never. Its a 2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD R-D I picked up in GOT via OSD back in April. I could not be happier with the car thus far! I have about 8k on it after driving all over Sweden and a few road trips this summer back in the US.

I had the factory install the side running boards for easy access to roof for the Thule Roofbox I purchased this summer. I've also had some ceramic/privacy tints placed on the front windows and windshield (30% windows / 70% windshield). Lastly, an Ebay special for the tailgate still protector. Planned improvements include IDP staybar and purchase of new set of winter tires.

Very happy to share these images with folks that have as much love for these cars as me

[IMG]volvo-5 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]
      [IMG]volvo-6 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]
      [IMG]volvo-17 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]
      [IMG]volvo-18 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]
      [IMG]volvo-21 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]
      [IMG]volvo-13 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]
      [IMG]volvo-15 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]
      [IMG]volvo-22 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]
      [IMG]volvo-16 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looks great Chris! How did the ceramic tint work out for you?
      2014 XC60 RD

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast