New Owner Introductions and Pictures of Your XC60 - Page 11
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Cmurda212 View Post
      Hello!
      Im delayed with posting pics of my new ride but better late then never. Its a 2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD R-D I picked up in GOT via OSD back in April. I could not be happier with the car thus far! I have about 8k on it after driving all over Sweden and a few road trips this summer back in the US.

I had the factory install the side running boards for easy access to roof for the Thule Roofbox I purchased this summer. I've also had some ceramic/privacy tints placed on the front windows and windshield (30% windows / 70% windshield). Lastly, an Ebay special for the tailgate still protector. Planned improvements include IDP staybar and purchase of new set of winter tires.

Very happy to share these images with folks that have as much love for these cars as me :
      Looks awesome. Definitely get the sway bar. You'll never look back!
      2013 Black XC60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar
      Climate Package | Premium Audio Package | BLIS
      QTP Exhaust Cutout w/ Res Delete | 20% Tint | ShadowLine Window Trim
      OEM Volvo Crossbars w/ INNO Racks and INNO Fairing | ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar w/ Energy suspension bushings | PLX Kiwi2 WiFi

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

[IMG]volvo-5 by Christopher Chau, on Flickr[/ll]volvo-6 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]
      Nice looking ride! ...except for the Jets plate...
      Welcome, and go Pats!

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      2018 V60 T5 ~ 2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperyb View Post
      Nice looking ride! ...except for the Jets plate...
      Welcome, and go Pats!

[IMG]volvo-21 by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      Haha, Thanks SlipperyB. Go Jets but the plate was just a Photoshop job inspired by Sunday morning (We lost the game and Fitzpatrick is also hurt )

Quote Originally Posted by OakleyXC60RPolestar View Post
      Looks awesome. Definitely get the sway bar. You'll never look back!
      That's what i hear Oakley, tough getting the time to do it with a 10 month old at home.

Quote Originally Posted by JMFangio View Post
      Looks great Chris! How did the ceramic tint work out for you?
      JM, thanks for the Tint guy recommendation here in NYC (along with all the other help and guidance given the last year as I embarked on this adventure of Volvo ownership)! The ceramics were the way to go but I didnt get to expereince the full UV protection since i put them on in early Sept. Dont be surprised if more PMs come your way, I really want to get those wood inlays you have in your XC60)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Very nice RD! Congrats and welcome! Running boards don't look half bad...intrigued.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

That's what i hear Oakley, tough getting the time to do it with a 10 month old at home.
      Haha yeah, I hear you. I have a 2.5 year old.

Takes roughly 1-2 hrs to install with a good torque wrench and a buddy. Took me about 3 or 4 alone cause I'm anal about placement and installs in general.
      OEM Volvo Crossbars w/ INNO Racks and INNO Fairing | ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar w/ Energy suspension bushings | PLX Kiwi2 WiFi

Hello!
      Im delayed with posting pics of my new ride but better late then never. Its a 2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD R-D I picked up in GOT via OSD back in April. I could not be happier with the car thus far! I have about 8k on it after driving all over Sweden and a few road trips this summer back in the US.

I had the factory install the side running boards for easy access to roof for the Thule Roofbox I purchased this summer. I've also had some ceramic/privacy tints placed on the front windows and windshield (30% windows / 70% windshield). Lastly, an Ebay special for the tailgate still protector. Planned improvements include IDP staybar and purchase of new set of winter tires.

Very happy to share these images with folks that have as much love for these cars as me

Hey Chris, Outstanding improvements!

Chris and I discovered via this forum that we'd be picking up our cars on the same day at the FDC. Once there, we met up and went on the factory tour together.

Glad to see ya back!

John.
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

JM, thanks for the Tint guy recommendation here in NYC (along with all the other help and guidance given the last year as I embarked on this adventure of Volvo ownership)! The ceramics were the way to go but I didnt get to expereince the full UV protection since i put them on in early Sept. Dont be surprised if more PMs come your way, I really want to get those wood inlays you have in your XC60)

Happy to help!

I was thinking about getting the Thule roofbox and rails, but I've seen conflicting reports on the sunroof being operable/not operable with this setup. Are you able to open and close your with the new setup?
      2014 XC60 RD

Happy to help!

I was thinking about getting the Thule roofbox and rails, but I've seen conflicting reports on the sunroof being operable/not operable with this setup. Are you able to open and close your with the new setup?
      No issues if using the OEM alum wing bars and a Thule box. I have the Thule force alpine (on the OEM bars) and there is no interference with any of the sunroof functions. Inference seems to happen when lower sitting aftermarket crossbars are used, like inno or similar Thule/Yakima bars/feet.

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      2018 V60 T5 ~ 2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

Hello!

Very happy to share these images with folks that have as much love for these cars as me
      Looks very good. I wonder why Volvo says the running boards won't be compatible with the mud flaps. I can't see how it's interfering with them. I wanted to install running boards on mine too.

No issues if using the OEM alum wing bars and a Thule box. I have the Thule force alpine (on the OEM bars) and there is no interference with any of the sunroof functions. Inference seems to happen when lower sitting aftermarket crossbars are used, like inno or similar Thule/Yakima bars/feet.

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      Thanks for the clarification.

Are the bars do it yourself or is it something that needs to be done by service?
      2014 XC60 RD

Thanks for the clarification.

Are the bars do it yourself or is it something that needs to be done by service?
      10 min max DIY. 9 minutes of which is getting them positioned properly to work with whatever accessory(ies) you plan to throw on them. Don't forget tailgate clearances!

Tappin' via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnee View Post
      Hey Chris, Outstanding improvements!

Chris and I discovered via this forum that we'd be picking up our cars on the same day at the FDC. Once there, we met up and went on the factory tour together.

Glad to see ya back!

John.
      Thanks John, great to hear from you. Hope things are well up north in VT.

Are you planning on leaving your stock 20" Ixion rims with Pirelli tires on for winter? If not, what will you swap out for?
      I'll be taking weekly trips up to the Catskills this winter (with the baby) and really want to get myself a pair of dedicated snow tires...

Been eyeing a set of 17" rims on IPD but there currently sold out.
      http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4910/...ch-matte-black

Not sure what tire to get. Any recommendations out there? (Im sure there is a thread for it that i just need to find)

Happy to help!

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      I've had ZERO sunroof clearance issues with the Thule Aeroblade and Thule Force XL 625 installed (although its super close/tight when the box is on and you do open the sunroof - without the box mounted, there is enough room since you dont have to worry about the box mounting clamps taking up that space).

If you go this route JM, have the sunroof opened in the tilt position to help inform where you clamp down the front bars. Mine are slightly forward to alleviate this issue. It also allows the front of the roofbox to dip down slightly which help with wind resistance/noise at speed. See image below for reference. Campmor on rt17 in Ramsey, NJ has a great selection of Thule & Yakama and very knowledgeable staff.

[IMG]Volvo-Roofbox by Christopher Cau, on Flickr[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
      Looks very good. I wonder why Volvo says the running boards won't be compatible with the mud flaps. I can't see how it's interfering with them. I wanted to install running boards on mine too.
      aldebaran, do you have an R-D? Your local Volvo dealership will tell you the running boards are not compatible with this model and might take some very persuasive convincing to have them ordered & installed. I had mine installed at the FDC in GOT and even there, Hans (my Volvo ambassador that delivered my car) had to check with his lead onsite tech to ensure it was feasible. It was and I had them installed there.

When I asked Hans about the mudflaps, he shoot me a raised eyebrow and said not to do it. "Just another place for snow and ice to build up when driving in bad winter weather". I thought twice and remembered seeing this happen on my cousins 4runner a few years back.

They were clutch this summer on our road trip when needing to access the roofbox to get the baby stroller and other crap up/down - Will also be great this winter for ski season!

-Chris

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      For what it's worth: I purchased the earlier roof bars used here. The square black ones.

Unfortunately they do not allow for operation of the roof with the accessories I have installed ( INNO racks and fairing).

I'm going to have to go ahead and get the aluminum versions to remedy this issue.

I got a chance to snap a quick photo this morning.

https://goo.gl/photos/oxQnkRaQdESPpMbGA

Edit: changed to a hyperlink (I can't get a usable image link from Google Photos).
      Last edited by JasonRK; 11-21-2015 at 04:16 PM.
      2016 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design Platinum + BLIS & Heated Seats, Osmium Grey
      2008 Acura TL Type S (Wife's)
      (PAST) 2004 Subaru Forester XS

Thanks John, great to hear from you. Hope things are well up north in VT.

aldebaran, do you have an R-D? Your local Volvo dealership will tell you the running boards are not compatible with this model and might take some very persuasive convincing to have them ordered & installed. I had mine installed at the FDC in GOT and even there, Hans (my Volvo ambassador that delivered my car) had to check with his lead onsite tech to ensure it was feasible. It was and I had them installed there.

When I asked Hans about the mudflaps, he shoot me a raised eyebrow and said not to do it. "Just another place for snow and ice to build up when driving in bad winter weather". I thought twice and remembered seeing this happen on my cousins 4runner a few years back.

They were clutch this summer on our road trip when needing to access the roofbox to get the baby stroller and other crap up/down - Will also be great this winter for ski season!

-Chris
      Chris, yes, I have a R-D. I will certainly consider buying the running boards now.

Took a trip into the mountains which coincided with some nice heavy snow

2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmanus View Post
      Took a trip into the mountains which coincided with some nice heavy snow

That's pretty. Wears dirt well!

Tappin' via Tapatalk

That's pretty. Wears dirt well!

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      Very Very true... I will admit the first thing I did when we got back was wash it though. It's amazing how dirty a vehicle can get when its 0-2*C out and snowing on the highway.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Hi All,

Here's my new (last Friday) XC60 (MY16) D4 AWD Ocean Race, ready for the Swiss winter on AUTEC Zenit 18" Rims with Vredstein Xtreme Winter Tyres. Only iPhone pics i'm afraid but more to come when the snow drops

photo FullSizeRender_zpssf1voikv.jpg

photo FullSizeRender_zpslykojizc.jpg

photo FullSizeRender_zpsblotofar.jpg

photo FullSizeRender_zps4wtt1yvo.jpg

photo FullSizeRender_zpswgqbzepe.jpg
      Last edited by Doc Spoons; 11-30-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Nice pics Doc, lookin' good! I like those wheels!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Nice pics Doc, lookin' good! I like those wheels!
      Thanks Pete, yeah I didn't like the choice on offer at Volvo and wanted something in keeping with the standard OR colour that I have for the summer, these were a nice un-fussy choice I think (a fair few hundred $ cheaper too!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Spoons View Post
      Thanks Pete, yeah I didn't like the choice on offer at Volvo and wanted something in keeping with the standard OR colour that I have for the summer, these were a nice un-fussy choice I think (a fair few hundred $ cheaper too!!)
      Looks great! Love the color!

I really wish here in NA the headlights were similar (no orange marker)... That thing will look super clean with some tint on the rears.

Hello Everybody,

So, I've found some time to present my new "toy". This is XC60 MY16 Summum (European trim) D4 Drive-E diesel engine (190 HP) Savile grey with packages:
      - Intellisafe Pro (ACC, BLIS, Lane Departure Warning, Active High Beam, Road Sign Info, Collision Warning);
      - Xenium (sunroof, electric passenger seat, rear camera, RTI navigation);
      - Security (PCC, laminated side windows);
      - Premium Sound Harman Kardon + subwoofer.

Last edited by cezarpl; 12-02-2015 at 04:35 PM.

New Owner Introductions and Pictures of Your XC60

Nice vehicle but are those 16" tires??? Must be the pics?
      Bit bold but VV rims have to be 18/18+... Well, thats what I think...

XC70 2011 D5
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingCountries View Post
      Nice vehicle but are those 16" tires??? Must be the pics?
      Bit bold but VV rims have to be 18/18+... Well, thats what I think...
      Those are 18" tyres on Zephyrus rims.

Quote Originally Posted by cezarpl View Post
      Those are 18" tyres on Zephyrus rims.
      It looks great cezarpl, congrats. I like that color, almost went with it myself!

Tappin' via Tapatalk

With all respect, the ass of the XC60 doesnt look finished at all, like a KIA! The rest looks awesome I must admit...

XC70 2011 D5

With all respect, the ass of the XC60 doesnt look finished at all, like a KIA! The rest looks awesome I must admit...
      de gustibus non est disputandum

Wat zeg je me nou? Gaan we bijdehand doen?

XC70 2011 D5

Not sure if there was something lost in translation but let's keep the words proper, no matter what language we use. Thanks guys.
      2017 S90 Inscription (daily)
      2016 S60CC (next generation Volvo driver)
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

Welcome

XC70 2011 D5

Hi Everyone!

I just bought a 2016 XC60 R-Design Platinum in passion red that I've been enjoying for the last couple of weeks. I browsed this forum for a few weeks before finalizing my purchase and all the insights shared here on the XC60 were really helpful. I'll try to get a few pics of the car uploaded when I have a chance, but look forward to many years and miles in this new Volvo!

XC70 2011 D5
      LOL.. speaking of unfinished, when you gonna paint those rough grey plastic body parts on that old brick?
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Quote Originally Posted by cezarpl View Post
      Hello Everybody,

So, I've found some time to present my new "toy". This is XC60 MY16 Summum (European trim) D4 Drive-E diesel engine (190 HP) Savile grey with packages:
      - Intellisafe Pro (ACC, BLIS, Lane Departure Warning, Active High Beam, Road Sign Info, Collision Warning);
      - Xenium (sunroof, electric passenger seat, rear camera, RTI navigation);
      - Security (PCC, laminated side windows);
      - Premium Sound Harman Kardon + subwoofer.
      Congrats and welcome Man, looks great! Enjoy!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Quote Originally Posted by ConnZag3 View Post
      Hi Everyone!

I just bought a 2016 XC60 R-Design Platinum in passion red that I've been enjoying for the last couple of weeks. I browsed this forum for a few weeks before finalizing my purchase and all the insights shared here on the XC60 were really helpful. I'll try to get a few pics of the car uploaded when I have a chance, but look forward to many years and miles in this new Volvo!
      Congrats and welcome! Glad we influenced your decision. I'm sure you'll enjoy your R-Design very much!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast