New Owner Introductions and Pictures of Your XC60 - Page 5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
      That's funny as Java Brown was the other color that I was really interested in as well. Unfortunately it wasn't available in R-Design which is what I wanted.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LVE2DRV View Post
      car looks great. love the 2 tone seats.
      Lve, the 2 tone seats, Titania wheels and the integrated tailpipes were the reasons we went with the T6 AWD and then added the Polestar. I really wanted an R but there were too many opions I needed to forego to get that wonderful R design badge (at least in this iteration of the XC). In the future, I'd love to have an R design sedan.
      2015 XC60 T6 AWD Polestar, Sapphire Black, Tech, Climate, Blonde /Black seats, Titania 20", Remote Start
      2004 Jet Black / Tan BMW 330Ci ZHP; 2003 Black / Tan Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition
      Previous Cars past 15 years: 2004 E500; 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i; 2003 SL500; 2003 M3 vert, 2004 SC430; 2002 A4 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by JMFangio View Post
      That's funny as Java Brown was the other color that I was really interested in as well. Unfortunately it wasn't available in R-Design which is what I wanted.
      Fangio, I can't recall many manufacturers having the cojones to manufacture a brown car. I think the X5 comes in an off brown and I think the 911 has a brown option. I used to have a Lexus SC430 Pebble Beach and one year Carolina Herrera came out with a Pebble Beach edition in chocolate brown, toffee interior and dark maple wood inlay. Perhaps a little too many dessert ingredients?

I think what makes the Volvo version so nice is the depth of the metallic sheen. Really nice.
      2015 XC60 T6 AWD Polestar, Sapphire Black, Tech, Climate, Blonde /Black seats, Titania 20", Remote Start
      2004 Jet Black / Tan BMW 330Ci ZHP; 2003 Black / Tan Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition
      Previous Cars past 15 years: 2004 E500; 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i; 2003 SL500; 2003 M3 vert, 2004 SC430; 2002 A4 1.8T

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sushiyama View Post
      Fangio, I can't recall many manufacturers having the cojones to manufacture a brown car. I think the X5 comes in an off brown and I think the 911 has a brown option. I used to have a Lexus SC430 Pebble Beach and one year Carolina Herrera came out with a Pebble Beach edition in chocolate brown, toffee interior and dark maple wood inlay. Perhaps a little too many dessert ingredients?

I think what makes the Volvo version so nice is the depth of the metallic sheen. Really nice.
      Actually, lately many manufacturers started offering various shades of brown metallics - MB, BMW, Audi and Lexus all have at least one. Fire Agate Pearl is a nice darker brown (Lexus), as is Audi Teak Brown metallic. I still miss nice saturated green metallics of the past. Dark cherry red metallic would also look nice on XC60, I think...
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      past:
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

Beautiful! Congrats!

Pics of my '14 XC60 RD

Just had a professional detail done so figured it was a good time to take a few exterior pics, as well as a few interior shots that show the Linear walnut wood accents that I swapped in for the standard RD aluminum trim.

Your XC looks fantastic. May I ask what you did with you old interior trim?
      2013 XC60 T6 AWD
      2018 VW GTI SE 6MT

Thanks. I'm really happy with the car and as I've mentioned in other threads, while I didn't initially take to the OEM RD wheels, they've really grown on me and now I like them.

I have all the pieces I took out.

The center console trim piece is an RD-specific design, from '14 on, it's dark aluminum with a texture and then a wide bright aluminum stripe. It's in mint condition and might be open to selling it if someone was interested as it will fit into any non-RD and I don't think I'll swap it out again.

The 4 door trim pieces I swapped out are black plastic (I have those as well) but I assume that they aren't any different than what's on any off-black interior.

I might be interested in the center console piece depending upon the ease of installation and the price you're asking.
      2013 XC60 T6 AWD
      2018 VW GTI SE 6MT

PM'd you.

I want that trim in my '14 XC-70.

Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyXC View Post
      I want that trim in my '14 XC-70.

I'm really happy with the car and as I've mentioned in other threads, while I didn't initially take to the OEM RD wheels, they've really grown on me and now I like them.
      I feel the exact same way. I had new rims picked out, but I like the stock ones so much I'm wait until I source some larger rear rubber before I switch them out.
      Very nice ride. I also like the back drop.
      Last edited by SgtRock; 08-11-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Any links to part numbers or even the exact part description? I've seached and searched and can't find this anywhere for an XC-70 even though the '15s readily are showing up in dealer inventory with Linear Walnut.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
      I feel the exact same way. I had new rims picked out, but I like the stock ones so much I'm wait until I source some larger rear rubber before I switch them out.
      Very nice ride. I also like the back drop.
      Thanks. Funny how that works with the wheels. What color is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyXC View Post
      Any links to part numbers or even the exact part description? I've seached and searched and can't find this anywhere for an XC-70 even though the '15s readily are showing up in dealer inventory with Linear Walnut.
      It's funny, the info for the XC60 was under accessories on the main volvo page. It may be that they took the 14 info down and haven't updated the info for '15/'15.5.

If I were you, I'd call Tasca parts and ask them directly.

Nice car.

What color is yours?
      [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Its so hard to photograph red cars and show the color true and "alive". Nice pictures. Where is this ?
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      past:
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

Nice backdrop and I like the Linear walnut trim. What did it run you?

Just had a professional detail done so figured it was a good time to take a few exterior pics, as well as a few interior shots that show the Linear walnut wood accents that I swapped in for the standard RD aluminum trim.
      SgtRock, nice touch on the tailpipes.
      2015 XC60 T6 RD, P+, Blis, climate, black sapphire
      previous: 2005 S60R magic blue/atacama 6mt (lease returned '08)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
      [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
      wow looks great in red!
      is that the Heico exhaust? Do you have close up shots of it? any sound clips?
      2015 XC60 R-Design
      2005 G35 -modified

Sgt, your car looks great and Heico tips are awesome. If that's where you live I'd like to come visit

Quote Originally Posted by orientblue3 View Post
      Nice backdrop and I like the Linear walnut trim. What did it run you?
      Thanks. Backdrop is in Brooklyn and the walnut Linear really makes the interior feel more special. I've gotten compliments from everyone who's been in the car.People compare it to the natural wood trim on the upper level Audis.

Parts are avail. on Tasca for about $280 for the Center console and about $260 (IIRC) for the 4 door trim pieces sold together. If you're handy with doing work on the car, bone tools, etc. the interior pieces it's doable on your own. The center piece is a bit more complicated than than the doors to switch out.

As someone asked me via PM I thought I'd post this here as well in case others were curious. I have ceramic tint on all windows. It's Formula One Pinnacle. My tint guy said that Volvo factory is actually darker than almost any company but it doesn't offer heat protection so I still used tint on the rears for that purpose (but not aesthetic).

Highly recommend ceramic as it truly keeps temps down inside the car and in my experience, it extends the life of the interior.

What's your percentage tint on the front? I went with 35%on mine but everyone thinks its limo all around including the cops

Also where did you get the SwedeSpeed sticker from?
      2015 XC60 R-Design
      2005 G35 -modified

50% on the fronts as I wanted to avoid that exact issue. You can see the difference best in the 3rd pic from the top in my post.

Sticker came from the site. I think there's merch for sale if you go to the marketplace on the main top nav.

Beautiful ride.

Is it just me or are the wheels on the driver side pointing backwards and the passenger side pointing forwards?

Thanks.

Not sure I understand your question. What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by XCRio View Post
      Beautiful ride.

Is it just me or are the wheels on the driver side pointing backwards and the passenger side pointing forwards?
      The wheels are all painted asymmetrically, so depending on which side it is mounted, it will look as if one set is backwards.

Intoductions and Pictures of your XC60

1. I'm consolidating all the picture posts and introductions of new owners into this one, and sticky-ing it. So if you just bought a XC and would like to introduce yourself and post pictures, please use this thread.

2. Members feel free to post pictures of your XC60 at any time.

Quick wash-a-roo and the rotors immediately rusted.

Yeah, that's pretty lame.
      2018 XC60, T6, Inscription, B&W sound

2015.5 XC60, T6, OSD, Platinum, Seashell Met, Blis, Inscription, Climate, Fwd Cam, 20" Avior Wheels

2017 Tesla model D90S

Bought this back about 3 years ago

Last edited by excites40; 08-24-2014 at 06:21 AM.

I bought my XC60 back in April, but I don't think I ever posted a picture of it. It's just a base T6 with the Climate Package in Savile Gray over Off-Black. So far, I've only tinted the front windows (45%) and added the OEM sunglasses holder. Somebody else added a pile of scratches and scuffs to the front bumper in the past day or two (lucky me!)

As far as future plans, I'll be getting the OEM remote starter installed before old man winter shows up. Longer term plans include possibly replacing the aluminum center dash trim with the darker aluminum trim the 2014s use, installing the IPD DRL LED running lights, and maybe upgrading to these wheels when it's time for tires. I like black chrome a lot.

See them installed on an XC here:
      http://www.cheersandgears.com/upload...65_1090703.jpg
      2013 XC60 T6 AWD
      2018 VW GTI SE 6MT

Car looks great. I'm a big fan of Saville Gray.

Just some quick pics of my rides. Picked up the 15.5 XC60 a moth ago and have been enjoying it ever since. Will posy better pics soon.

Decided on a 2015.5 RD!

Hey all! New here to the forum and hoping I've made a good decision! I just brought home a 2015.5 RD Black/Black loaded up. I crossed shopped BMW, MB, Jeep, Cadillac CTS V (different animal) and for the features and OTD price, nothing seemed to match up. I've only got about 30 miles on it so it's way early to get a good driving impression, but so far things seem nice! The only thing I'm needing help with is finding some narrow boosters to go alongside a full five point car seat. I know it's not a full size suv, but just want to have enough room to go around town with the family. Any suggestions or ideas would be great!

I'm really looking to learning as much as possible from these great forums!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast