New Owner Introductions and Pictures of Your XC60 - Page 9
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Hey thanks! Exclusivity is a huge selling point for us!
      Huge +1 to that, sir!
      '13 XC60 R-Design P* Passion Red | Platinum | BLIS | IPD Rear Sway
      '06 SR 6MT Black Sapph/Atacama | EST DP | PhMIC | IPD MTE Stage 2|Track Spec|Toe Rods|3" Oval|Throttle Body | Forged CBV | Snabb Intake|Short Shifter | UR Braces | KW V2's | AR Slotted Rotors|SS Lines|Hawk HPS | Innovate G3 Wideband | 6k Lows/3k Fogs | GROM | 18'' Ronal R41's

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

New addition to our fleet:

2013 XC60 RD in Electric Silver with the off-black interior. Traded the wife's G37 on it; she teared up a bit leaving her car behind, but is thoroughly enjoying the XC now. She's not keen on the satin silvery wheels on the silver car, so we're looking for alternatives now. We're new to Volvo but looking forward to finding all of the quirks about this car (like the little fan that comes on somewhere in the engine bay when it gets hot and buzzes even when the car is off).
      2013 XC60 R-Design Electric Silver on Off-black/Tan inlays
      2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ohdannyboy View Post

2013 XC60 RD in Electric Silver with the off-black interior. Traded the wife's G37 on it; she teared up a bit leaving her car behind, but is thoroughly enjoying the XC now. She's not keen on the satin silvery wheels on the silver car, so we're looking for alternatives now. We're new to Volvo but looking forward to finding all of the quirks about this car (like the little fan that comes on somewhere in the engine bay when it gets hot and buzzes even when the car is off).
      Congrats! Sharp XC60! Pretty fast SUV eh?! We traded my wife's S60 T6 R-Design for the XC60, so I know about the tearing-up part.

Make sure you get an extended warranty through 100K miles for peace-of-mind. Nothing to give your fear, it's just that it's European.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Congrats!!! Looks like mine.

I just had mine through the backwoods where Jeeps were covered in mud and the road to get back there was a single lane full of something out of a Top Gear special. Handled it like it was butter.

Was reading online where I would have to park and walk to get to where I was going and I guess it handled it so well that I ended up passing that location and didn't realize it. It just kept chugging up the road.

2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey

Congrats! Sharp XC60! Pretty fast SUV eh?! We traded my wife's S60 T6 R-Design for the XC60, so I know about the tearing-up part.

Make sure you get an extended warranty through 100K miles for peace-of-mind. Nothing to give your fear, it's just that it's European.
      Thanks for the welcome. The performance was the defining factor in choosing the RD; coming from the G37 I think we were both a little spoiled. This particular specimen was sold as Volvo CPO previously with 6k miles, so that 7 yr/100k warranty transfers to us at the price of a non-CPO car which made me pretty happy.
      2013 XC60 R-Design Electric Silver on Off-black/Tan inlays
      2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4x4

Thanks for the welcome. The performance was the defining factor in choosing the RD; coming from the G37 I think we were both a little spoiled. This particular specimen was sold as Volvo CPO previously with 6k miles, so that 7 yr/100k warranty transfers to us at the price of a non-CPO car which made me pretty happy.
      Good deal! Can't beat the Volvo CPO. Enjoy!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

Hi Everyone!

I used to be a pretty active member of C30World.com back before it became a Tumblr thing.

I've always enjoyed Swedespeed, but have only just signed up, hoping to become a bit more active in my posting, but with a (very) young family, we'll see how it goes.

Anyways... I've owned 3 Volvo's now and have loved every one of them!

Initially owning a MY09 C30 T5 R-Design Black Saphire, then moving to a MY12 S60 T5 R-Design Vibrant Copper, and then this past weekend moving to a MY14 XC60 D5 R-Design Ice White!

Lost Smart Key and Heated Seats, which I'm devastated about, but kept the driver support pack, which was my main requirement! (Can't go back to not having adaptive cruise control).

This is officially my "family car", the S60 was a bit too firm and kept waking up my little one, so far it's been great!

Looking at adding some form of smartphone unlocking system (Viper maybe?), Just weighing up the reliability and security of that sort of system.

Anyways... Glad to finally be a member!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      MY14 XC60 D5 R-Design Ice White
      MY12 S60 T5 R-Design Vibrant Copper
      MY09 C30 T5 R-Design Black Sapphire

(Apparently addicted to R-Designs)

Quote Originally Posted by tjv82c View Post

Looks awesome! Congrats. I don't think I've seen a facelift R-D with 20" Cratus, but I like it!

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      2018 V60 T5 ~ 2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

Thanks Slipperyb!

They had a Passion Red T6 MY14 XC60... But I really couldn't justify the fuel costs... (man I must be getting old... the young me wouldn't have given that a second thought!)

I'm very keen to change the interior lights over to LED. Will probably be one of the first upgrades that I do.

Thanks Slipperyb!

They had a Passion Red T6 MY14 XC60... But I really couldn't justify the fuel costs... (man I must be getting old... the young me wouldn't have given that a second thought!)

I'm very keen to change the interior lights over to LED. Will probably be one of the first upgrades that I do.
      It's an easy upgrade. I've done this and even switched out my side blinkers and lights as well.

I will eventually see if I can do my reverse light if I can figure out the light removal... and more importantly, find the time to do so.

Congrats on your R-D.

2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey

Hi Everyone!

I used to be a pretty active member of C30World.com back before it became a Tumblr thing.

I've always enjoyed Swedespeed, but have only just signed up, hoping to become a bit more active in my posting, but with a (very) young family, we'll see how it goes.

Anyways... I've owned 3 Volvo's now and have loved every one of them!

Initially owning a MY09 C30 T5 R-Design Black Saphire, then moving to a MY12 S60 T5 R-Design Vibrant Copper, and then this past weekend moving to a MY14 XC60 D5 R-Design Ice White!

Lost Smart Key and Heated Seats, which I'm devastated about, but kept the driver support pack, which was my main requirement! (Can't go back to not having adaptive cruise control).

This is officially my "family car", the S60 was a bit too firm and kept waking up my little one, so far it's been great!

Looking at adding some form of smartphone unlocking system (Viper maybe?), Just weighing up the reliability and security of that sort of system.

Anyways... Glad to finally be a member!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Hi, and congrats! Your new RD looks great! We don't get the D5 (assuming the good ole' 5 cylinder diesel version) here in the States, so interested in how it performs for you. Seems like a nice engine according to a number of youtube reviews I've seen.

Enjoy!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

I was dead against getting the diesel, my in-laws own a 2014 D4 V40 and the engine noise in the cabin is noticeable when compared to the silent petrol engines, that along with the smell that ALWAYS seems to end up on my hands after refilling, but...

I am really impressed so far! And I drove to work every day last week (school holidays, so no traffic and available spots at work), did around 300km worth of travel with only 1 notch gone from the fuel gauge... FANTASTIC (and that's city driving!)

Performance is definitely lacking compared to the T6 that I test drove, but I think it is on par with my S60 T5 (which was the 4 cylinder version), if I put my foot down, power is delivered immediately, so I'm impressed!

A bit more cabin room in the XC-60 vs the V40, so the engine noise isn't a problem.

Quick question (might be a better forum for this, but I can't find it yet), this is the first vehicle that has dimming side mirrors.

I am looking at getting 20% tinting all around (including front windows), if anyone has this, can they comment on what it looks like at night? Can you still see the mirrors when they dim at night?

Couldn't f ind any better place for these..but who doesn't like some eye candy?!

'06 SR 6MT Black Sapph/Atacama | EST DP | PhMIC | IPD MTE Stage 2|Track Spec|Toe Rods|3" Oval|Throttle Body | Forged CBV | Snabb Intake|Short Shifter | UR Braces | KW V2's | AR Slotted Rotors|SS Lines|Hawk HPS | Innovate G3 Wideband | 6k Lows/3k Fogs | GROM | 18'' Ronal R41's

Quick question (might be a better forum for this, but I can't find it yet), this is the first vehicle that has dimming side mirrors.

I am looking at getting 20% tinting all around (including front windows), if anyone has this, can they comment on what it looks like at night? Can you still see the mirrors when they dim at night?
      I have 15-20% (was already done for me when I purchased) tints all around. Hasn't been an issue for me.

Thanks smeaglescaR! The tinting guy has just shown up, so 20% it is!

I was dead against getting the diesel, my in-laws own a 2014 D4 V40 and the engine noise in the cabin is noticeable when compared to the silent petrol engines, that along with the smell that ALWAYS seems to end up on my hands after refilling, but...

I am really impressed so far! And I drove to work every day last week (school holidays, so no traffic and available spots at work), did around 300km worth of travel with only 1 notch gone from the fuel gauge... FANTASTIC (and that's city driving!)

Performance is definitely lacking compared to the T6 that I test drove, but I think it is on par with my S60 T5 (which was the 4 cylinder version), if I put my foot down, power is delivered immediately, so I'm impressed!

A bit more cabin room in the XC-60 vs the V40, so the engine noise isn't a problem.
      Good to hear! I think this is a great engine choice for any SUV/crossover/wagon IMO. The D5 w/ the electric motor (D6) really seemed like quite the total package (even over the T8?).
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Quote Originally Posted by smeaglescaR View Post
      I have 15-20% (was already done for me when I purchased) tints all around. Hasn't been an issue for me.
      20% legal up there in Jersey? I can't get lower than 35% on the fronts, and none on the windshield here in MD..legally.
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Quote Originally Posted by smeaglescaR View Post
      Couldn't f ind any better place for these..but who doesn't like some eye candy?!
      Very nice indeed! We need to get a pic thread sticky going here... Mr. Moderator please help.
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

20% legal up there in Jersey? I can't get lower than 35% on the fronts, and none on the windshield here in MD..legally.
      The XC is registered in PA, no problem here. My R however is NJ, I've had 35% all around for going on 5 years now. May not be legal but I haven't gotten much BS for them.

Very nice indeed! We need to get a pic thread sticky going here... Mr. Moderator please help.
      +1

I had 20% or so on my last Volvo. Got to be a bit of a pain at night in the country where it's pitch black outside. Have 35 on now, no problems at all.
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

I'll post some pics if it doesn't rain this weekend But I'm really happy with the end result! I can still see out the side mirrors at night (even in pretty heavy rain), although if I was on country roads more often I could see 20% being a problem!

I'll post some pics if it doesn't rain this weekend But I'm really happy with the end result! I can still see out the side mirrors at night (even in pretty heavy rain), although if I was on country roads more often I could see 20% being a problem!
      Awesome, glad you are happy with it! Can't wait to see some photo's. You will appreciate it even more on those hot sunny days; also not to mention a bit added protection for the leather

I've driven on some dark country roads, hasn't bothered me...can't see very much other than in front of you anyways!

This is the picture thread, so go ahead and post. I've merged the owner intro and picture threads together here.

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
      This is the picture thread, so go ahead and post. I've merged the owner intro and picture threads together here.
      Oh, gotcha!... I see now.
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Hello, been reading the thread since we updated from our 2009 XC60 to our 2014.5 XC60 R Design, we've been having great time both reading here and driving the car.

We bought the car at Melbourne and drove to Sydney through the mountains for around 1000+ KM trip which gave us a good opinion of the new car, all positive. Well, the auto high-beams were little questionable, weird maybe but overall ok. The safety package has improved a great deal from the 2009 model, it was a must-have for us (and unbelievable hard to find here). I thought the seat warmers were gimmicks until we got to the mountains and in the morning it was near zero, saved us then The rear seat entertainment pack for little one was a bonus we weren't even after but he is loving that. Can't get used to the reverse camera, I trust myself more still lol

Before this I had a V40 so loving the Volvo.

Now I just want to make sure the SW is up-to-date (map wasn't), wasn't updated with 2015 sensus and navigation either.. so things to do. I keep reading people getting the rear IPD sway bar, looks interesting.. shipped here it's AU$600 which is a tad much. The brakes look small on the car, would love to be able "fix" that but.. one day. Here's couple of pics us hitting the mountain road.

Quote Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post
      I thought the seat warmers were gimmicks until we got to the mountains and in the morning it was near zero, saved us then
      We lost heated seats in this upgrade, when I first got the C30, I wasn't sure why I had spent the money on them... but we used them ALL the time on the C30 and S60. Even after a hockey game when your back was a bit sore, the heated seats were great :-(

The dealer was really surprised that we didn't have them, to the point of initially saying "of course it has them!" and then swallowing his words quickly when I asked him how to turn them on!

What are peoples thoughts on the round exhausts on the R-Designs vs the rectangular ones on the normal models?

VS

I kinda prefer the rectangular ones I think... I remember the C30 Concept and S60 Concepts had the weird shaped ones, but the shipping versions just had round. Finally I get a XC60 which came with the angled ones, and I managed to get the model that has rounded ones.

Quote Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post
      Hello, been reading the thread since we updated from our 2009 XC60 to our 2014.5 XC60 R Design, we've been having great time both reading here and driving the car.

We bought the car at Melbourne and drove to Sydney through the mountains for around 1000+ KM trip which gave us a good opinion of the new car, all positive. Well, the auto high-beams were little questionable, weird maybe but overall ok. The safety package has improved a great deal from the 2009 model, it was a must-have for us (and unbelievable hard to find here). I thought the seat warmers were gimmicks until we got to the mountains and in the morning it was near zero, saved us then The rear seat entertainment pack for little one was a bonus we weren't even after but he is loving that. Can't get used to the reverse camera, I trust myself more still lol

Before this I had a V40 so loving the Volvo.

Now I just want to make sure the SW is up-to-date (map wasn't), wasn't updated with 2015 sensus and navigation either.. so things to do. I keep reading people getting the rear IPD sway bar, looks interesting.. shipped here it's AU$600 which is a tad much. The brakes look small on the car, would love to be able "fix" that but.. one day. Here's couple of pics us hitting the mountain road.
      Very nice R-Design! Lot of power eh? Congrats and enjoy!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

What are peoples thoughts on the round exhausts on the R-Designs vs the rectangular ones on the normal models?

VS

I kinda prefer the rectangular ones I think... I remember the C30 Concept and S60 Concepts had the weird shaped ones, but the shipping versions just had round. Finally I get a XC60 which came with the angled ones, and I managed to get the model that has rounded ones.
      I like round tips, glad the facelifts R-designs kept them. Round still looks like a true meaty car exhaust, instead of the spaceship exhausts like the Acuras. The pics you posted above are the facelift non-RD and the pre-facelift RD. The photo at the bottom of this thread https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...5040-Xc60-2014 is a facelift RD, which kept the round exhaust style, and I think looks proper.
      But hey, if you don't like the round tips, convert to the sculpted style. Your post suggests you got a facelift R-design? Switch it out for a non facelift bumper lower and tips. I'm sure someone would take the R-D lower and round tips off of you.

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      2018 V60 T5 ~ 2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

Talking

They'll grow on me!

I remember when I ordered my MY09 C30 that they changed the VOLVO wording on the back from tight to spaced out (tiny thing I know), and I thought initially that it looked terrible, but it grew on me and I am glad I didn't try to heat gun them off and put them close together (like some of the members of C30world did!).

New member. My wife owns a 2015 XC60 RD for a little over 14 months (May 2014). I'm in the process of getting a 2015.5 V60 RD.

Quote Originally Posted by dnlaly View Post
      New member. My wife owns a 2015 XC60 RD for a little over 14 months (May 2014). I'm in the process of getting a 2015.5 V60 RD.
      Welcome! And congrats on your upcoming wagon purchase. The XC60 looks real sweet. The facelifts in black look stellar.

The big and small XC60

I finally have my own Volvo; not an XC60. I noticed that my V60 RD is a lot quicker (shorter and lighter) than my wife's XC60 RD. I almost got a Subaru Outback. Luckily, I saw, two other salesmen at Subaru admiring the XC60; that convinced me to stick with Volvo.
      Last edited by dnlaly; 08-19-2015 at 10:24 PM.
      '15 XC60 RD Onyx Black Metallic (The Beast)
      '15.5 V60 RD Black Sapphire (The Griswold)
      '87 Chrysler 5th Ave Brown (The Floater)
      Former Vehicles: '00 Ford Expedition, '06 Scion Tc, '03 Nissan Altima 3.5, '93 BMW 325, '95 and '93 Nissan Maxima

Congrats!

Mastro Subaru I assume? I bought my first WRX (a 2012) from there. Traded it for an STi (also 2012) at the Sanford Location about a month later.

Great cars but nothing's really exciting about them (new STi has a 20 year old engine in it, hopefully next year that changes).

Enjoy the new V60. Looks great!
      2013 Black XC60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar
      Climate Package | Premium Audio Package | BLIS
      QTP Exhaust Cutout w/ Res Delete | 20% Tint | ShadowLine Window Trim
      OEM Volvo Crossbars w/ INNO Racks and INNO Fairing | ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar w/ Energy suspension bushings | PLX Kiwi2 WiFi

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast