Forgot your password?

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
      Where did you get your turbo from?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Boneslb9 View Post
      Where did you get your turbo from?
      Purchased directly from ARD tuning.

Kinugawa is another option, but I strongly suggest that you try to find an original exhaust housing as the aftermarket housing are poor quality. Read through my thread for more information.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
      2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 145k mi

Quote Originally Posted by Antherzoll View Post
      Purchased directly from ARD tuning.

Kinugawa is another option, but I strongly suggest that you try to find an original exhaust housing as the aftermarket housing are poor quality. Read through my thread for more information.

On that note you want a 00 plus exhaust housing they're 7cm^2 up from
      6 cm^2 and flow way better keeping exhaust temps down and power up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 206k - K24/Greens/Do88/Quaife/SMF/P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 299k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 177k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 243k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 218k - Sisters

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I remember reading about your exhaust housing having issues. Can i use the exhaust housing from my 2004 XC70?

Quote Originally Posted by Boneslb9 View Post
      I remember reading about your exhaust housing having issues. Can i use the exhaust housing from my 2004 XC70?
      No.

...this after 14hs driving home, she dies in Toronto.

Throttle body died?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deva View Post
      Throttle body died?

Yep. Wasn't too fun. Was towing the camper as well. Thankfully it died in Toronto and not the bush!

Time to see if you can put a bigger one on. V70r? Xc90? Custom? Go big or go home

LOL!

No. I have a spare sitting at home that I'll be swapping in. I think the WMI may have killed it, but a dissection is in order when I get it on the bench.

So sorry to hear! Glad you were close to home (and civilization, for that matter), at least. Also glad you've got what you need to fix it at home already…
      Current: 2003 V70 T5 M56 // Mystic Silver/Charcoal // 162K miles // Koni FSD + Eibachs // Snabb intake + IPD silicone turbo hoses // Copper R Brembos // 18" Pegs // OEM bi-xenons // '05 side mirrors // 18/35 tint // jewel tails // black anodized S80 DIM // R steering wheel // '05 console w/ T5M spaceball // mesh grill with custom ironmark badge 2004 XC70 bone stock for now…
      Previous: 2001 V70 T5M (Nautic/Charcoal) // 1999 V70 NA M56 (Blue-Green Metallic/Charcoal) // 2004 V70R M66 (Titanium/Nordkap) // 1992 244 M47 (Silver/Navy…and the newest, nicest car I'll ever own. Sold on BaT. )

As much of a pain breakdowns are, you got lucky:
      1) close to home
      2) definitive answer to the problem
      3) you have the part
      2007 Volvo V70 2.5T - Mine
      2008 Nissan Titan SE 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed - Also Mine
      2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.4 - Wife's
      2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0 - Daughter #1
      2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5 - Daughter #2

Thanks guys. Got the throttle body in today and all is well, and as suspected there's water in the TB. Worst case I guess I could have cleaned and dried it out, but after 14h on the road I was spent. If I was in the backcountry I guess that would be my only choice. Hasn't been an issue until this last trip, went through 8L of WMI fluid. Going to look into post throttle spray.

... modified life

Last edited by Antherzoll; 08-15-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Anyways, enough about the fixing, on to the breaking

2018 East Coast Road Trip

Only a short one this year, 10days and 2800mi. Went out to visit family and stay in a few park along the way.

Trailer loaded up, tank topped, kids fed we took off Saturday morning at 5am for Parc provincial Les Jardins de la République in New Brunswick. A 10h30m travel day that ended up being 14+ .

A nice park right off the highway perfect for a quick stop over.

Packed up the next morning and it was off The Bay Of Fundy National Park, Chignecto Campground. The XC had a fun time on some the the hill climbs, but I wasn't the only Volvo on the road.

Chignecto Campground is a very nice well serviced campground with great access to a lot of areas. We didn't have much time to explore on our way through, but we did check out Hopewell Rocks on our way to our next site at Five Island Provincial Park.

Our destination, Caledonia close to Kejimkujik National Park to visit family. Spent a few days camped out on their property while we day tripped.

A quick stop over in Halifax, then begins our return trip home. Ended up staying at an inn in Amherst for a night to make time so we could make it to New River Beach Provincial Park. Pretty much spent the whole day with the kids collecting beach combing. The low tide beach was amazing.

The last leg of our trip took us up Nackawic, NB on our way to Lac-Témiscouata National Park, Grand-Lac-Touladi Campground in Quebec. Nackawic's 'claim to fame' ladies and gentlemen is 'The World's Largest Axe'

...and Big Axe Brewing. Picked up a few along with some local brews that I'm enjoy as I write this

Lac-Témiscouata National Park is our first time staying in any park in Quebec, and I must say the campground, facilities, park roads and sites are very well set up. Lots for the kids to do and Grand-Lac-Touladi is great for them to swim and wade in. 10/10 would go there again.

So from here we headed home, again another 10h30m travel day turned into quite the adventure when at hour 14 the XC broke down in Toronto. All in all it was a nice trip, a bit short, but still great to be out there.

Trip totaled:
      2821mi +tow
      15mpg
      711L 188G fuel

Cheers!

Last edited by Antherzoll; 08-15-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Our destination, Caledonia close to Kejimkujik National Park to visit family. Spent a few days camped out on their property while we day tripped.
      Looks like a great trip! It's a beautiful area. My wife and I stayed in Caledonia when we visited Kejimkujik on our honeymoon 26 years ago. I have a picture of the Mersey River on a wall in our house. We'll get back that way someday!
      Last edited by Exocet; 08-15-2018 at 07:26 PM.
      2007 Volvo V70 2.5T - Mine
      2008 Nissan Titan SE 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed - Also Mine
      2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.4 - Wife's
      2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0 - Daughter #1
      2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5 - Daughter #2

Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
      Looks like a great trip! My wife and I stayed in Caledonia when we visited Kejimkujik on our honeymoon 26 years ago. I have a picture of the Mersey River on a wall in our house. We'll get back that way someday!
      Amazing. We stayed around the beach and a few short hikes, would have loved to pick up a canoe and go for a paddle. Seems like Keji is deserving of a trip all It's own!

This is my favorite build.

You think after all the suspension mods, XC90 brakes/hubs you'd trust this thing with a Class III hitch?
      2004 XC70 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Charcoal [240K] Mud Guards, 05- Wiper Arms, 305mm brake upgrade, Full LED Exterior, 1-inch lift Pic
      2003 XC70 2.5T AWD Silver/Charcoal [190K] XeMODeX, Mud Guards, 05- Wiper Arms, LED Headlights
      2004 S80 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Light Sand [240K] Bi-Xenon, LED Foglights, 07 Turbo and rear diff

I would.... It's a little tank with a turbo..... The xc90 has a higher load on 2.5t with class III if I read the specs right.

@Antherzoll

How is the handling of your trailer? I'm thinking of getting a off road teardrop. Rated @ 1500lbs

Been looking for a 2" receiver or a fabricated one into frame ?

How does it drive fully loaded? With trailer? I don't have one too test yet... But only been lightly loaded for camping.

I imagine your tune makes a much better experience.

I should have listened.... The hood lining rubbed the pipe .... Rubbed of the pretty label.... Had more pressing parts the change first...

Cest la vie...

I should have listened.... The hood lining rubbed the pipe .... Rubbed of the pretty label.... Had more pressing parts the change first...

Cest la vie...

Don't trim the pipe. If you're still running the 14 t it has a longer Outlet then the 16 t. If you cut the pipe to fit the 14 T you'll be short when you swap in a 16 t.

Yes, remove the hood lining.

Last edited by Antherzoll; 08-17-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer_S View Post
      This is my favorite build.

You think after all the suspension mods, XC90 brakes/hubs you'd trust this thing with a Class III hitch?
      Missed this.

I'd say it could handle it, definitely has the stopping power but I wouldn't want to tow that much. I'm actually looking into a lighter pop up for 6. The Dutchman was built in 1995, leaks so I have to tarp it in heavy rain, but it's only 1000lbs unloaded, can be setup in ~30mins, and for its design offers sleeping for 6 adults (most we have had is 3 adults and 3 kids) while others that I've see only offer sleeping for 4. MPG tanks hauling it, worst tank of the trip was 11.3mpg, but I can still drive it a 70mph up the hills and still be able to push it harder if I want to pass. My current receiver is 1-1/4", but I have been keeping an eye out for an OE 2" tow bar as the Curt does hang a bit low for my liking and just caught up on trails.

Last edited by Antherzoll; 08-18-2018 at 03:05 PM.

I would.... It's a little tank with a turbo..... The xc90 has a higher load on 2.5t with class III if I read the specs right.

@Antherzoll

How is the handling of your trailer? I'm thinking of getting a off road teardrop. Rated @ 1500lbs

Been looking for a 2" receiver or a fabricated one into frame ?

How does it drive fully loaded? With trailer? I don't have one too test yet... But only been lightly loaded for camping.

I imagine your tune makes a much better experience.

See above.

The tune does help a lot if you want to get up to speed quickly or to maintain speed on hills, with my load the boost gauge will stay around 3psi cruising at 70mph on the flats. If there's a strong head wind that puts a lot more load on it, hill climbs I'll drop a gear or two. While the tranny shifts fine, I'll use the GT to keep at lower gear in certain situations. Handling, wife says I drive like it's not even back there . It handles well enough with the load, but you can feel it push and pull the vehicle, and on bad road it's like a tug of war at certain speed. I'll say, after driving with the burden for 10 days straight, going for that drive with it unloaded feels like a completely different vehicle, like OMG where have to been .

Last edited by Antherzoll; 08-18-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks for answering my question. I have another one.

Since you installed your new springs have you noticed it settle yet? Some say it takes 2 weeks to settle an inch, I think its at least a month or two.
      2004 XC70 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Charcoal [240K] Mud Guards, 05- Wiper Arms, 305mm brake upgrade, Full LED Exterior, 1-inch lift Pic
      2003 XC70 2.5T AWD Silver/Charcoal [190K] XeMODeX, Mud Guards, 05- Wiper Arms, LED Headlights
      2004 S80 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Light Sand [240K] Bi-Xenon, LED Foglights, 07 Turbo and rear diff

I didn't want to post this on a public forum, but in several of your pictures from your road trip, I could see your rack...
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      I didn't want to post this on a public forum, but in several of your pictures from your road trip, I could see your rack...
      Wait what? I didn’t know he had one.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
      Psalm 23:4

2004 Volvo S60R M66
      2007 Volvo V70 2.5T AT

Quote Originally Posted by Racer_S View Post
      Thanks for answering my question. I have another one.

Since you installed your new springs have you noticed it settle yet? Some say it takes 2 weeks to settle an inch, I think its at least a month or two.
      Can't say I really noticed them settle, although I haven't given it much attention. they still feel quite high.

This is when it was fresh

This is the most recent

After vs Before. Note: After includes the rack and full spare. Measured from center of hub.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post

Tis a nice rack indeed... 😘🤣 thos one is even nicer

https://goo.gl/images/HzaoA5

Looking good Tony, love seeing that popup behind the xc and cant wait to see what else is in store for the Venturemobile
      Last edited by 95WanderWagen; 09-06-2018 at 09:15 PM.
      Help fund a trip across the country for a volunteer position working with rescued wolves and wolfdogs!

https://www.gofundme.com/Ptsd-therap..._co_campmgmt_m

Want brighter, whiter interior lights in your Volvo? PM me for details or email me at [email protected]. Full kits in stock for p80 platform cars

Ghosts of the past
      3x AMC XJ (84 Cherokee 2.5l, 86 wagoneer 2.8l, 87 Cherokee sport 2.8l 5 sp) || 4x Subaru (96 legacy outback, 97 legacy gt wagon, 92 svx 4.44 auto swap, 88 DL coupe) || 2x Pontiac (88 Fiero 2.5l notchie, 96 grand Prix GT 2.4L) || 3x DSM (92 eclipse GS 4g63 n/a, 99 eclipse gs 420a n/a, 3000gt vr4 sport roof) || 2x Hyunda (96 Elantra 4g63 coupe, 2000 Elantra 4g63 wagon) || 1x Geo storm || 1x VW [93 Fox) || 1x Ford(93 Escort LX 1.9l) || 1x Chevy(2000 venture extended) || 3x Volvo (96 855 2.4l, 95 855 2.3t, 04 xc70 2.5t) || 1x Mazda (2003 Protege5 5sp)

Front and Rear subframe spacers

Got hooked up from my brother, gave him all of the dimensions and he fabbed me up a set. Could be done with less material, and I had to increase the ID of 2 spacers because of the subframe locating pins. They are 5/8 16mm thick. I was only able to install them and not really take it for a test drive or check everything over... I got called into work. Anyways, I feel like they're more of a supporting mod opposed to actually lifting the vehicle as they will reduce the angle that the control arms and other parts are resting at, but I'll take some measurements when I get a chance. Only Hardware that was required we're 4 M10x50mm bolts for the front subframe rear bracket. All the other subframe bolts had at least 30 mm engagement into the chassis. I should be good to go ahead and install the XC90 front end now along with a rear spring Mount spacer.

Interesting. That should open up more options for front struts now, correct?
      Help fund a trip across the country for a volunteer position working with rescued wolves and wolfdogs!

Want brighter, whiter interior lights in your Volvo? PM me for details or email me at [email protected]. Full kits in stock for p80 platform cars

Ghosts of the past
      3x AMC XJ (84 Cherokee 2.5l, 86 wagoneer 2.8l, 87 Cherokee sport 2.8l 5 sp) || 4x Subaru (96 legacy outback, 97 legacy gt wagon, 92 svx 4.44 auto swap, 88 DL coupe) || 2x Pontiac (88 Fiero 2.5l notchie, 96 grand Prix GT 2.4L) || 3x DSM (92 eclipse GS 4g63 n/a, 99 eclipse gs 420a n/a, 3000gt vr4 sport roof) || 2x Hyunda (96 Elantra 4g63 coupe, 2000 Elantra 4g63 wagon) || 1x Geo storm || 1x VW [93 Fox) || 1x Ford(93 Escort LX 1.9l) || 1x Chevy(2000 venture extended) || 3x Volvo (96 855 2.4l, 95 855 2.3t, 04 xc70 2.5t) || 1x Mazda (2003 Protege5 5sp)

Quote Originally Posted by 95WanderWagen View Post
      Interesting. That should open up more options for front struts now, correct?
      I guess soo.... But I'll be installing the XC90 bits I've been hoarding for a while now hopefully sometime in the near future. That will add about 13mm to the front, and I plan on adding the same or a bit more to the rear mount to balance it out.

Looking good man. And pretty simple to fab up those spacers. Basically, you are doing this to help eliminate the extreme angle of the CV shafts on the front, right?
      2006 XC70

I guess soo.... But I'll be installing the XC90 bits I've been hoarding for a while now hopefully sometime in the near future. That will add about 13mm to the front, and I plan on adding the same or a bit more to the rear mount to balance it out.

So all total about 2.5"-3" of lift then with the BS kit?

Ghosts of the past

Quote Originally Posted by zef_66 View Post
      Looking good man. And pretty simple to fab up those spacers. Basically, you are doing this to help eliminate the extreme angle of the CV shafts on the front, right?
      Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by 95WanderWagen View Post
      So all total about 2.5"-3" of lift then with the BS kit?
      With tires it should be 4" higher than stock when all is done.

Nice! Cant wait to see it in person 👍I'd be kinda curious to see the difference with a stock xc parked next to it

Ghosts of the past

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast