Antherzoll's 05XC70 Build Thread - Page 12
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
      Noticed that my Magnefine Filter had a slow leak coming from the filter halves, filter has roughly 20k mi on it. I replaced the filter with another Magnefine as I bought them in a twin pack, but I'm not too happy with this filter leaking. Going to purchase a Wix filter to install in 30k mi or when this filter starts to leak.

Anyways, took it apart to get a look inside.

It's doing it's job. The fluid is pink as a peach 🍑
      2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 145k mi

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Where is this filter? Something you added?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes. Magnefine is an inline transmission fluid filter. I have it installed on the return line from the transmission cooler.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Antherzoll View Post
      Yes. Magnefine is an inline transmission fluid filter. I have it installed on the return line from the transmission cooler.
      Just for fun: thw return from the OE cooler is the lower hose, amirite? Installing an aux cooler in series with the OE one, want to have it after the OE.
      '07 V70 AWD D5/6spd auto - #becauseracediesel (link)
      '99 V70 AWD - B5254T, M58, Coral Red - sold, sadly
      Ray McShake @ Facebook & Instagram - [email protected](at your own risk)

Follow @volvocarclubnorway on Instagram

Upper connection is the OE cooler outlet.

Ofcourse, I got them mixed up, was thinking about when I flushed it, but that was pumping out from the trans, not the cooler. Thanks.
      '07 V70 AWD D5/6spd auto - #becauseracediesel (link)
      '99 V70 AWD - B5254T, M58, Coral Red - sold, sadly
      Ray McShake @ Facebook & Instagram - [email protected](at your own risk)

Follow @volvocarclubnorway on Instagram

...finally got around to unpacking and feeling quite sapped, so excuse me if this post is lacking enthusiasm.

Officially kicked off this year's camping/road-tripping season with a blast! Just the two boys and I on an adventure to explore, camp, and cars in Trump's America along with Young Satchel and ProlixArgon. The destinations, Poe Paddy State Park in Bald Eagle State Forest, and Volvos at Carlisle 2017.

Launched off at 6am on Friday, the drive took us through some interesting landscape and small town. I was really taken by the short drive through Allegheny National Forest, will need to plan a separate trip there sometime.

Loaded

...check out the rear wheel tuck.

After setting up camp I had some time to kill, so the boys and I went exploring.

The campground is very nice. Large wooded sites spaced far apart with a bubbling creek rolling though to create the perfect amount of background noise. Poe Paddy State Park is located along the Penns Creek. It's a very popular fishing spot as most if not all of the other campers in the park were there solely for the fishing. The State Forest offers tons of mixed use trails through amazing forests, up mountains to beautiful views. Unable to get cell phone reception anywhere in the park, we ventured off one of the backroads to see if we could find a place to phone home. This is the road that led out the back of our campsite.

Beautiful. Was able to get a signal at the peak.

Our base.

Saturday we had planned to take the 2h drive to Carlie. I'll admit, my photography of Carlisle is lacking, but I'm sure you all know where to find more pictures. Skywolf and JaredR were the first to introduce themselves, a and while I did see quite a few familiar cars I didn't get much of a chance to meet more people, the kids really kept us busy.

Some pics of our Carlisle​ base-camp.

is that Legos at Carlisle?....

ProlixArgon and Co. had setup shop at Carlisle and the kids enjoyed terrorizing his setup , pretty much the best part of the whole event for them. We did not stay late, and now with Prolix and +1 we made the 2h journey​ north. 2 XCs, 1 S40, and a lovely pink S60, driving through the beautiful Pennsylvanian countryside that twisted through farmland and up and down mountains, back to camp for a much needed meal prepared by chef satchel, bonfire, brews, and shmooze.

Sunday Adventures.
      Satchel, with help from a friend, had planned out a route, with neither of us having any knowledge of the park we didn't know what was in store. After bidding farewell to Prolix on his way back to Carlisle, and equipped with my ghetto go pro we took to the trails.

Some scraping

While there were a few challenging sections, the trails were quite moderate and easy to navigate. Being our first time to the park, with no full-size spares, and kiddos I think we've done quite well, but it has left me wanting more. Amazing forest drives and scenery, will definitely plan another trip back to Bald Eagle.

After our trail run Satchel and I parted ways. I booked myself for two more nights in the park, but I pretty much spent the whole day with the kids and packing up. Nothing too exciting, but a great time to relax and get the kids out of the car.

A little evening entertainment for the kids, while I spend some time by the fire.

Good times with great people! Keep an eye out for Young Satchel's post, I'll drop a link here to it when it's up.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post5450329

Cheers!
      Last edited by Antherzoll; 05-28-2017 at 10:08 PM.

I'm sorry - did you say lack of enthusiasm?
      GREAT post, and I'm sorry I didn't come down and meet you guys myself. WAY more Volvos there than I think I have ever seen in attending this over the last 15 years on and off (only my second time bringing a car in).
      Love the pics, the trails you guys drove, and the kids in tow for the experiences that they & YOU will treasure.

Man - I love the Neptunes on that car. They look so good!
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Coffee is a wonder drug . Your enthusiasm is downright contagious, though perhaps it helps that I was THERE.

Can't wait to return and check out some more ambitious trails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2004 XC70 2.5T AWD | 149K | Bad Swede 52mm Lift Kit | Sparco Terras BFG KO2s in 225/70r16 | IPD Strut Brace Conversion | IPD Skid Plate | IPD DEM Cover | AEM Dryflow Air Intake 2015 V60 R-Design | Sapphire Black Metallic | 44K | KPAX GT Performance Exhaust | IPD Rear Sway Bar | Powerflex Race Torque Mount Inserts

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      I'm sorry - did you say lack of enthusiasm?
      GREAT post, and I'm sorry I didn't come down and meet you guys myself. WAY more Volvos there than I think I have ever seen in attending this over the last 15 years on and off (only my second time bringing a car in).
      Love the pics, the trails you guys drove, and the kids in tow for the experiences that they & YOU will treasure.

Man - I love the Neptunes on that car. They look so good!

Thanks. Maybe next time we will better organize a proper Carlisle visit, I can't promise that will be next year. I've kept the Neptunes on later this year for this trip, swapping on the Thors as soon as it stops raining.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Satchel View Post
      Coffee is a wonder drug . Your enthusiasm is downright contagious, though perhaps it helps that I was THERE.

Can't wait to return and check out some more ambitious trails!

I don't know what I would do without my coffee 😁. Looking forward to our next adventure, maybe next time you can come up to Canada land

You guys were right in my neck of the woods! I grew up in Central PA, probably about 15 miles from Poe Patty. Lived there most of my life, although I now reside in Central VA. There is alot of beautiful scenery up there, as well as a ton of off road trails. Hit me up next time you head that way, and I can give you my brothers contact info, he could show you some really great trails. Warning though, he is a jeep guy, but I don't hold it against him too much.

Here's a few pics I took years ago on a camping trip near Penn's Cave which is just slightly further down the valley from where you were. There are trails that will take you from Poe Patty the whole way down to where these were taken. Also a shot of my old Bronco in all its glory.

Ha, nice! Saw signs for Penns Cave and would have liked to check it out.

man I'm gonna have to come teach you guys how to crawl rocks with low slung long wheelbase vehicles.

looks like it was a fun trip. one day....

Next trip, do it, let's see your tricks 😎

Quote Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
      man I'm gonna have to come teach you guys how to crawl rocks with low slung long wheelbase vehicles.

looks like it was a fun trip. one day....
      Is that right? I thought I wasn't bad for a city boy in a wagon Hahahahaahaha. Your (wife's) XC is More than welcome to join us next time we head down that way if she approves.

2004 XC70 2.5T AWD | 149K | Bad Swede 52mm Lift Kit | Sparco Terras BFG KO2s in 225/70r16 | IPD Strut Brace Conversion | IPD Skid Plate | IPD DEM Cover | AEM Dryflow Air Intake 2015 V60 R-Design | Sapphire Black Metallic | 44K | KPAX GT Performance Exhaust | IPD Rear Sway Bar | Powerflex Race Torque Mount Inserts

she will not.

and now I'm not going to have a wheeling jeep either

but it's worth it to daily drive sportswagon. Comanche is never to be allowed onto real trails. I destroyed two, this one gets saved forever.

short side of it is you need to approach at an angle a bit more so you don't bottom out the front bumper, and get a touch of momentum and keep it. You've got open diffs that suck. Momentum is your friend. Just don't get crazy.

Bottom out?

Like this?

Think that would have been a direct hit to the oil pan

I think that young bag feller is rubbing off on me....

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 🤣

Love it!

Thanks, here's a few more.

I may move it forward more, we'll see when I get the canoe mounted on it.

With the kids getting bigger, and our pack getting larger it's time to expand the cargo capacity of the XC. Installed is a Yakima Loadwarrior with Extension that I've posted earlier. We try to get out as much as possible in the a summer months, rain or shine, bugs and brusies.

I've been driving around the past few day with the canoe mounted just to test out how it handles being on top of the rack. Few things I like right off the bat, it's stable, it's mounted higher so the hatch can open, and I'm able to load the basket up under the canoe.

The cross bars on the rack are 1" diameter and can accept any rack accessories available. I purchased and installed a set of Yakima Load Stops to keep the canoe centered. Also, paddles are a PITA to store in a loaded vehicle, with a set of Quick Fists I'm able to mount 4 of them them to the rack.

Quite happy with the setup so far.

The Quick Fists are setup quite crudely using hose clamps.

They hold well, but I'm not going to keep it this way. Think I'll use insulated C-clamps on bolts, or maybe U-bolts.

Ha, and yes, the canoe is quite beat up, but it's solid. I do plan on refinishing the clear to show off the battle scars . The patches are from taking over a waterfall then getting it wrapped around a rock after a swift, thank **** I had duct tape .
      Last edited by Antherzoll; 02-13-2020 at 08:50 PM.

I'm proud of you

In all seriousness though, setup looks rad and I think it was a great choice. I look forward to being on our next adventure!

"Young bag feller"
      LOL!
      The wagon is looking awesome. Great adventures, sir. Have fun this Father's Day weekend, boys!
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Awesome. JaredR is a banjo guy. All you need is the geetar and some harmonies.

If an instrument has more than 4 strings, you're cheating.

2003 XC70 "Kurd" Nautic Blue Pearl
      past: 1998 V70 Base "Silver Turtle" Mystic Silver Metallic, 1998 V70 Base "Turtle" Emerald Green Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by jppetersonatl View Post
      If an instrument has more than 4 strings, you're cheating.

I also play mandolin
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 140k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Honestly, I've never seen that movie, but know what you're referencing. A D.C. Radio personality used to quote it often and play clips on air.
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post

I also play mandolin

Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post

I also play mandolin
      Mando counts as 4 strings. They're just doubled. No cheating there.

past: 1998 V70 Base "Silver Turtle" Mystic Silver Metallic, 1998 V70 Base "Turtle" Emerald Green Metallic

Knowing it works well with your canoe makes me realize it would be just fine with a 28' extension ladder too. That's why my bars are always on.

Let the cargo basket shopping commence.

Quote Originally Posted by jppetersonatl View Post
      Knowing it works well with your canoe makes me realize it would be just fine with a 28' extension ladder too. That's why my bars are always on.

Let the cargo basket shopping commence.

With extension the Megawarrior has a longer spread, but it's huge. Here's a P3 with an Extended Megawarrior.

I've got Thule bars. Will prolly end up with a Thule canyon and extension.

Whatever's​ good. The mounts for the Yakima rack are universal.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast