Got my 2015 XC60 T6 AWD on order!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thumbs up Got my 2015 XC60 T6 AWD on order!

Being stationed overseas as a contractor for the DoD, I was in a unique opportunity to pick up a new Volvo through Military/Diplomat Car Sales here in South Korea. I was really happy with how the deal turned out, considering all the prices are set with significant discounts from MSRP, in addition to the $4,000 promotion they were touting, I couldn't miss the deal.

I've been reading the forum for the past couple weeks, and have been enjoying all the research on the car. Here are the specs looking at a June/July deliver date:

2015 XC60 T6 AWD
      Electric Silver
      Premium Plus
      Climate package with integrated rear booster seats
      Sport Package
      Active Xenon headlights

I could have splurged an extra $1k and got an R-Design, but since this car is primarily going to be used by my wife for soccer mom duty and to-from work, I wanted to make sure the ride was still somewhat supple. The plan is to have her drive this in Korea till we leave in about 2 years and we'll pick up a new Sienna when we arrive back in the states for her, while I get to inherit the XC60 when it gets shipped back to the states.

Anyways, looking forward to interacting with ya'll and enjoying all the discussions!

BTW, I'm no stranger to modding, and have had somewhat of a problem in my early 20's, but here are a couple links to previous projects

2003 A4 1.8TQM
      2006 Triumph Daytona 675
      2008 Saab 9-3 Vector Convertible

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Too cool! I'll be very interested what you think of the 4 cylinder turbo. Please keep us posted.
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
      2007 S60R Magic Blue Metallic/Gobi MT 70,000+ miles (IPD intercooler, Hawk ceramics)
      2013 XC60 T6 Savile Grey Metallic/Black (wife's)
      2010 Ford Ranger
      http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/reward2/library/

2015 AWD is not 4 cyl - it is 6 cyl.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by reward2 View Post
      Too cool! I'll be very interested what you think of the 4 cylinder turbo. Please keep us posted.
      Our T6 will be the FWD twincharged 2.0L 4 and I will definitely keep everyone posted.
      2015 XC60 DRIVE-E T6, Platinum, Heated F. Seats, Crystal White Met, Xenon, Tech, BLIS
      Custom: Valentine mount/City Safety IR filter, Dog Seat, Superchager ind., REAL dipstick
      2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon (Now in Ohio)
      2002 Acura RSX Type-S 6 speed

Welcome to this forum and enjoy your new XC60! Very nice Saab project. We are also transitioning from Saab. In the past, I have also done some "modding" most interesting of which was a CORV-8, a 327 Fuel-injected Corvette V8 mounted in the midst of a 1965 Corvair.
      2015 XC60 DRIVE-E T6, Platinum, Heated F. Seats, Crystal White Met, Xenon, Tech, BLIS
      Custom: Valentine mount/City Safety IR filter, Dog Seat, Superchager ind., REAL dipstick

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJag View Post
      In the past, I have also done some "modding" most interesting of which was a CORV-8, a 327 Fuel-injected Corvette V8 mounted in the midst of a 1965 Corvair.
      Now THAT sounds like more fun than humans should be allowed to have! Links?
      2013 XC 60 T6 R-Design

Our T6 will be the FWD twincharged 2.0L 4 and I will definitely keep everyone posted.
      Is that 240HP or the 302HP?
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
      2007 S60R Magic Blue Metallic/Gobi MT 70,000+ miles (IPD intercooler, Hawk ceramics)
      2013 XC60 T6 Savile Grey Metallic/Black (wife's)
      2010 Ford Ranger
      http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/reward2/library/

Quote Originally Posted by reward2 View Post
      Is that 240HP or the 302HP?
      This is all too confusing, but T5 Drive-E 2.0 will be 240 HP, T6 Drive-E 2.0 will be 302 HP. The old engines T6 3.0 300 HP (only in AWD's), and 3.2 240 HP will still be available. This is all f****d up! For some reason, they're not putting the T6 Drive-E into the AWD versions, Volvo always does this concerning what engines they put into AWD's vs. FWD's when they roll out new/updated models.
      Last edited by XC68; 03-26-2014 at 03:24 PM.
      2013 C70 T5 Celestial Blue Pearl on Calcite - Purchased new on 10-17-13
      2016 V60 CC T5 AWD Crystal White Pearl over Beechwood/Charcoal - Purchased new (certified) on 1-12-18

Quote Originally Posted by XC68 View Post
      This is all too confusing, but T5 Drive-E 2.0 will be 240 HP, T6 Drive-E 2.0 will be 302 HP. The old engines T6 3.0 300 HP (only in AWD's), and 3.2 240 HP will still be available. This is all f****d up! For some reason, they're not putting the T6 Drive-E into the AWD versions, Volvo always does this concerning what engines they put into AWD's vs. FWD's when they roll out new/updated models.
      The 3.2 NA ıs gone AFAIK

Smile Fun Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
      It was great fun to drive, especially in Corvette Club AutoCrosses. I even enjoyed buying gas in those pre-self-service days because the attendants all had keen interest and would call out their buddies to see it. I never got tired of explaining it. It was my daily driver from 1969- 1974 as we moved from Iowa to Massachusetts. I credit it with saving our son when he had a seizure and I had to very quickly get him back to the ER in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. After that, I added emergency flashers.

I put together some pictures for you. Please forgive the photo quality, but these were taken a long time ago ... before digital cameras... and scanned from prints.
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyja...57642976328774

More recently to satisfy the need for speed, I did SCCA AutoCross in F Modified class, with various Saabs as tow car. I will eventually put together some pix on flickr, but you can see a couple in my Gallery on Saabnet
      http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/members/g...o=show&id=3081
      Last edited by TonyJag; 03-26-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: updated link

Quote Originally Posted by volvocu View Post
      The 3.2 NA ıs gone AFAIK
      Actually, the 3.2 is here for at least another model year. Here's the breakdown for MY2015:

XC60 (T5) FWD SUV 240 8-Speed Geartronic [Drive-E 2.0T motor]
      XC60 (3.2) AWD SUV 240 6-Speed Geartronic [NA 3.2 motor]
      XC60 (T6) FWD SUV 302 8-Speed Geartronic [Drive-E 2.0ST motor]
      XC60 (T6) AWD SUV 300 6-Speed Geartronic [3.0T motor]
      XC60 (T6) AWD RD SUV 325 6-Speed Geartronic [3.0T Polestar motor]

Welcome to this forum and enjoy your new XC60! Very nice Saab project. We are also transitioning from Saab. In the past, I have also done some "modding" most interesting of which was a CORV-8, a 327 Fuel-injected Corvette V8 mounted in the midst of a 1965 Corvair.
      Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the twincharged motor when yours arrives! I wanted to order the same motor, but for military sales, we were looking at September at the earliest for delivery, so because of that, we just went with the T6 motor. Still looking forward to it though!

Links on CorV8 and Race Car & Other Drives

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyja...7642976328774/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyja...7643794325834/
      Last edited by TonyJag; 04-11-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added pix

Finally got notification that the XC60 is complete and awaiting a vessel to bring her over. I've currently been given a June 20 pickup date, but we'll see...
      Current: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD | 2017 Pacifica Limited
      Past: 2008 Saab 9-3 Vector Convertible: Sold 2014 | 2003 Audi A4 1.8TQM: Sold 2010 | 2006 Triumph Daytona 675: Sold 2008

It was great fun to drive, especially in Corvette Club AutoCrosses. I even enjoyed buying gas in those pre-self-service days because the attendants all had keen interest and would call out their buddies to see it. I never got tired of explaining it. It was my daily driver from 1969- 1974 as we moved from Iowa to Massachusetts. I credit it with saving our son when he had a seizure and I had to very quickly get him back to the ER in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. After that, I added emergency flashers.

I put together some pictures for you. Please forgive the photo quality, but these were taken a long time ago ... before digital cameras... and scanned from prints.
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyja...57642976328774

More recently to satisfy the need for speed, I did SCCA AutoCross in F Modified class, with various Saabs as tow car. I will eventually put together some pix on flickr, but you can see a couple in my Gallery on Saabnet
      http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/members/g...o=show&id=3081
      Tony, that Corve-Eight looks like more fun than humans should be allowed to have! Thanks for the pics, and sorry for the late response, I missed it!

I'm currently helping a friend sort out a 1972 BMW 2002 project car, fitted with a 90-ish 2.5 liter inline six, manual transmission, and modern-ish suspension and brakes. Fun, but every time you think you're "there", one more thing crops up!

Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dcmack...7643495838625/
      Last edited by Kosmo; 04-29-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added Photo Links
      2013 XC 60 T6 R-Design

Finally took delivery today!

Few quirks regarding the Bluetooth setup, but other than that, it's been driving pretty nice so far! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to test drive one prior to purchase, but it's definitely a different feeling from all of my previous cars (saab, audi and toyota). I don't know how to describe it, but it does have the "Swedish" feeling to it....kinda like how the Mk5 and older VW's used to drive. A certain VW'ness to them, if I may.

Anyways, I'll report back as the miles settle in and the wife gets her chance to wind it through the ringer!
      Past: 2008 Saab 9-3 Vector Convertible: Sold 2014 | 2003 Audi A4 1.8TQM: Sold 2010 | 2006 Triumph Daytona 675: Sold 2008

Congrats! Love the wheels on the sport package.

Was the BT quirk how long it took to pair for the first time?

YES! every other car i've had to pair a BT phone with, has been straightforward - press "pair phone" and you connect your phone. easy peasy. This one, having not read the manual, required you to turn on "BT Broadcasting" in a strange submenu, which caused me much frustration because it still took 2 times of repeating this process to get it to recognize. I'm not sure why this is required because i can't justify this being a security feature.

I got a few miles on it (~80) and had a chance to give the throttle a romp, and all I can say is, WOW. I'm def glad I got the T6 motor, and I'm more than satisfied that I won't be pining for the Polestar upgrade anytime soon.

Trip gas mileage is fairly poor, however, with it averaging ~20 mpg with mostly highway driving so far. I'll be watching it as the engine breaks in to see if it improves.

21. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements