XC60 T5 Drive-E or T6 Drive-E - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Yes, I think 20" look great, but the ride must be pretty harsh. I intend to do the same thing, when I order mine - keep the 18". Another big plus is the cost of the tires.
      Good point on tire cost. Availability is also an issue, e.g. Nokian WRG3, my favorite winter-rated all season tire, is only available up to 19". And to me, the bigger wheels don't look that great, maybe it's my age (70) :-)
      Last edited by TonyJag; 06-11-2014 at 04:52 PM.
      2015 XC60 DRIVE-E T6, Platinum, Heated F. Seats, Crystal White Met, Xenon, Tech, BLIS
      Custom: Valentine mount/City Safety IR filter, Dog Seat, Superchager ind., REAL dipstick
      2002 Acura RSX Type-S 6 speed
      2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJag View Post
      Good point on tire cost. Availability is also an issue, e.g. Nokian WRG3, my favorite winter-rated all season tire, is only available up to 19". And to me, the bigger wheels don't look that great, maybe it's my age (70) :-)
      Some Volvo OEM 20" wheels are very nice looking. "Titania" may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they also have "Cratus", "Avior" (Inscription Pack wheel) or "Talitha" (not available in US).
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

I think Titania wheels look better as 20" and on an XC60 vs. 18" on the S60 or V60.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I dont think the 18" Titania's look that bad on S60 either

Last edited by genesmasher; 06-14-2014 at 12:52 PM.
      past:

Quote Originally Posted by Pranner View Post
      We went ahead with a 2015.5 Platinum T-5 Drive-E with BLIS, Tech, Xenons, Climate and hazel brown/black sport seats. For the exterior, our OSD friendly dealer will try to get Power Blue, but most likely it will be Twilight Bronze. Blue would be awesome, but it's a long shot. Who knows, if the previous one on the assembly line is Power Blue, we stand a chance for them to not have to switch the nozzles!
      But the delay is killing me and it's only been 2 weeks... We've been having great driving weather lately in southern Ontario!
      You ordered a 2015.5 in May???

By "OSD friendly" you are presumably dealing with Volvo Villa, no?

For what it's worth, I was shopping in late June and no dealer mentioned that a reconfigured car was on the way, except that when I lamented the lack of power lumbar one salesman said that it would be standard in "next year's" model, which I interpreted as 2016, so I ended up buying a 2015 off the lot.

More importantly to me, of course, is the fact that the 2015.5 versions have a navigation system which works. I was in no hurry for a car and would happily have waited for "next year's" model, but it seems that Volvo Canada is trying to unload the old '15s, inasmuch as the website still shows the 2015 as the newest model available.

Of course, it's odd that Volvo would introduce a "2015" model so early in 2014, and then introduce a new model almost immediately. I'm so confused that when I was filling out a form at my doctor's office I entered the date as "2015".

Volvo of Oakville. With them having up to date OSD info, they knew a lot more about 2015.5. I initially dealt with another dealer closer to home before considering OSD and I felt like I knew more about the cars/features than they did... And I felt like they were convinced what was on their lot was way better than what I could order: A turn-off for me. I'm glad I came across Volvo of Oakville. No wonder they're the highest rated Volvo dealer in Ontario (my wife told me she read that while researching). I'm glad they accommodated me with what we wanted, I look forward to Monday, it should be in. Power Blue or Twilight Bronze remains the only surprise!
      2018 V90CC T5 with P*, Saville Gray/Charcoal
      2015.5 XC60 T5 Drive-E Platinum, Twilight Bronze/Hazel Brown

Volvo of Oakville. With them having up to date OSD info, they knew a lot more about 2015.5. I initially dealt with another dealer closer to home before considering OSD and I felt like I knew more about the cars/features than they did... And I felt like they were convinced what was on their lot was way better than what I could order: A turn-off for me. I'm glad I came across Volvo of Oakville. No wonder they're the highest rated Volvo dealer in Ontario (my wife told me she read that while researching). I'm glad they accommodated me with what we wanted, I look forward to Monday, it should be in. Power Blue or Twilight Bronze remains the only surprise!
      Sigh....

At the time that I was shopping I'd passed through Oakville and had intended to stop at Volvo of Oakville, but I was running late and had to give it a pass.

And yes, the lack of product knowledge that I encountered (and not just with Volvo) was disturbing to me, but the salesman I chose to work with seemed to have a lot of knowledge and had been selling Volvos for eons. I just wish that he had shared a bit more of that knowledge, such as the fact that "next year's" models... with power lumbar and a new navigation system... would be arriving within a few weeks. Given that the cars on the lot were 2015's I could not have imagined that.

As noted above (and in another post) Volvo Canada makes no mentions of the 2015.5 models on its website, and indeed is offering 1.9% lease rates on what it describes as "the newest 2015 models".

If you indeed ordered MY2015.5, you should get Power Blue. It is now available for delivery in North America, not just OSD. We just had ours ordered in this color as well, delivery sometime in late October.
      past:

Quote Originally Posted by no more saab stories View Post
      Of course, it's odd that Volvo would introduce a "2015" model so early in 2014, and then introduce a new model almost immediately.
      I heard from a dealer source who shall remain nameless that Volvo introduced the 2015 model year as early as legally possible in order to cut ties from Ford as soon as possible as part of the sale to Geely. Basically, Ford retained rights to stuff through the end of the 2014 model year. So they ended that model year and introduced 2015 models as early as possible.
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

Hi,

I hope it's OK to activate an older thread. This thread was close to the exact topic I wanted to ask about.

I have a chance to buy a 2015.5 XC60 T6 drive-e FWD Platinum package and the heated seats, with 5400 miles, for 35k.

Several of the reviews I read on the T6 Drive-e FWD said it has bad torque steer. On the T5 Drive-e I bought, I only felt a little torque steer once and simply learned not to step down as hard when the light changed at a left or right turn (Coming from a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer, I was used to stepping down harder on the gas when the light changed). I gave the T5 to my daughter, so I'm shopping again.

My question is, now that people have some experience with the T6 Drive-e, do you feel the T6 Drive-e handles badly with only FWD. The magazine reviewers recommended the T5 over it, because it has too much torque, but I'm not sure they'd turn the T6 down if it was the same price as the T5, or even a little less. $35K for this car seems like a great deal given it's never been in an accident, but if the T5 Drive-e would be a nicer car to drive, I can wait.

Thanks,
      Todd

I haven't driven the T6e but it stands to reason that if you're easy off the line like you have been with the T5 then it shouldn't be any worse to drive. But it also stands to reason that the extra power won't do you any good until you're up to speed, passing or merging or whatever. If you haven't driven it I think that should be your next move.
      Current Proof of Insanity: 2014 XC70 3.2 AWD Premier, Flamenco Red/Soft Beige, Heated Everything
      Past Proof of Insanity (except the first one):1985 745, 1998 S70, 2009 V70, 2015.5 S60

Quote Originally Posted by 2KeepHerSafe View Post
      Hi,

I hope it's OK to activate an older thread. This thread was close to the exact topic I wanted to ask about.

I have a chance to buy a 2015.5 XC60 T6 drive-e FWD Platinum package and the heated seats, with 5400 miles, for 35k.

Several of the reviews I read on the T6 Drive-e FWD said it has bad torque steer. On the T5 Drive-e I bought, I only felt a little torque steer once and simply learned not to step down as hard when the light changed at a left or right turn (Coming from a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer, I was used to stepping down harder on the gas when the light changed). I gave the T5 to my daughter, so I'm shopping again.

My question is, now that people have some experience with the T6 Drive-e, do you feel the T6 Drive-e handles badly with only FWD. The magazine reviewers recommended the T5 over it, because it has too much torque, but I'm not sure they'd turn the T6 down if it was the same price as the T5, or even a little less. $35K for this car seems like a great deal given it's never been in an accident, but if the T5 Drive-e would be a nicer car to drive, I can wait.

Thanks,
      Todd
      We have a T6 drive-e FWD and T6 AWD. I drive the T6 drive-e FWD monday through friday about 50 miles per day. And the T6 AWD on weekends and family trips. The T6 drive-e FWD torque steer is indeed excessive on hard accelerations. The only times I feel it is "bad" is during or just completing cornering and hard accelerating. It's not a problem unless you need to accelerate hard and fast. Realize the reason it is bad is because the T6 drive-e super-charger gives it more startup power than the T6 AWD turbo. It beats our T6 AWD from zero to go for the first 50 feet or so I would guess from driving both. You don't need to floor the T6 drive-e very often unless you are feeling frisky.

One of the blind stop light right-hand turns on my daily commute occasionally requires a hard acceleration as I can't see the oncoming vehicle until I have started the turn. If I push too much acceleration the front steering skips dramatically left/right. I imagine to the car behind me it might look like I am losing control of the vehicle for a second. I've learned to anticipate it and grab hard on the steering wheel with two hands. I wouldn't call it a show stopper but it will surprise you even when accelerating hard while going straight.

Torque steer is one of the reasons I prefer the smoothness of my wife's non-drive-e AWD T6. But... it's not a big deal in normal calm driving.

Thank you pfram. If the car were just for me, that wouldn't be a deal breaker, I'm a pretty tame driver. Unfortunately, my son will be learning on it and eventually driving it a lot, so I think I will pass on this one. Truly a bummer, because it's otherwise perfect.
      I'm in no rush, so I'll just wait for a deal to come up on a T5 or an AWD model.
      I really appreciate you guys taking the time to answer!
      Todd

When we first got the car, I forced it into torque steer, just to see what happens, but since, we mostly drive it in ECO mode and torque steer is definitely not a problem. When the need for speed occurs, just remember to get a firm 2-handed grip on the wheel before you nail it, which is good practice anyhow. We love the drive-E T6 engine with 8-speed, which has averaged around 25 MPG and will approach 30 MPG on the highway.
      2015 XC60 DRIVE-E T6, Platinum, Heated F. Seats, Crystal White Met, Xenon, Tech, BLIS
      Custom: Valentine mount/City Safety IR filter, Dog Seat, Superchager ind., REAL dipstick
      2002 Acura RSX Type-S 6 speed
      2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJag View Post
      ...has averaged around 25 MPG and will approach 30 MPG on the highway.
      Same here at about 25 MPG avg and that's mostly without Eco mode which I only just started to use again. Got 30 MPG on a no traffic drive from Seattle to Portland with Eco mode on most of the way IIRC.

Hey guys,
      Just a quick follow up, and thank you again for your advice. I did decline that stellar deal on the T6. Wound up spending $900 more for a nearly identical 2016 T5 with 3900 miles on it.
      It's stone black, which would have been way down on my choices list, but the price is great, it's pristine, and only 9 months on the warranty.
      The other was Osmium Gray, which I love, BUT, this one has BLIS. BLIS in Black vs Osmium Gray would be an easy choice for me. Love the parking sensors on my daughter's (seashell)
      Thanks for your help on this.
      Todd

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2