rims rims
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: rims rims

rims rims

has anyone ever mounted 18x8 offset 35 wheels on their s40\v50? were there any rubbing or anything else? a picture if possible...thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

35mm might be a bit too far out?

Something closer to 40 to 45 might be better.
      But it depends on how much you lower and the tire you use

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
      Ksport Coilovers Custom spring rates - IPD RSB - UR Chassis stiffening - Magnaflow Cutout - K&N Panel filter- PARROT MKi9200
      HEICO SPORTIV VOLUTION X. 19"

35mm is not too far out on an 8" wheel. even if you didn't lower it's not that bad.
      2008 Passion Red C30 6 Speed M/T
      V1 with Preferred, Climate Package and Dynaudio.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

+1 but you'll want to roll your fenders though

pick/figure out what tires you want at the same time as well or you might regret it!

. . . 18x8 et35 actually starts to get a little far in the front. You'd have to look at stretching the tire which is something "I" am not at ease with.
      Last edited by TG; 04-23-2014 at 08:40 PM.
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

You'll most likely want to choose a tire setup that will give you a mild stretch. Other than that, you shouldn't have any issues. You might be able to get away with no stretch ... I'm not sure though, it'll be close on the fronts.

I run 18x8 +32 I believe it is with 225 tires. It's flush to the fenders in the front, still have space in the rear.

It rubs the liners in the rear but that's because the liners are ridiculously intrusive towards the tire. I'm rolled in the rear so not worried about melting some plastic away.
      Current: B9 SQ5 | P2 V70R
      Past: 11 ISF | 14 C300 AMG Sport+ | E46M | S40 T5 | NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4

forcefed, could you post a picture please?

I just mounted the 225's, so don't have any good pics.

This is with the same wheels and 215's.

Past: 11 ISF | 14 C300 AMG Sport+ | E46M | S40 T5 | NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4

forcefed, those are offset 32? i thought that they will stick out a bit, just like mexiflush. i'm impressed. btw, your car looks amazing!

They sit right at the fender line in the front with about -1.2ish camber if I remember correctly. Will probably increase that when I get new coilovers. I'm also pretty low though, another thing to consider. May look goofy with only a mild drop.

Basically a mid 30's offset is doable but camber adjustment and coilovers are likely needed to pull it off. Even 8.5's are doable up front. But the same rule applies.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements