FS: 2004.5 S40 Parts
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

FS: 2004.5 S40 Parts

I've recently sold my S40 and have a few parts left to sell. Please check fitment in your car and I will try to disclose as much information as accurately as I can. They will fit an unmodified 2004.5/2005 S40. Shipping is extra, prices are for the parts only. Items are all New and Unused.

Prices are already discounted. I am selling to get rid of parts, not to make money. These prices are a lot lower than what I originally paid, so I am actually losing money, and to avoid my losing more money, I am asking that shipping be covered by the buyer. I would prefer not to ship because it is a hassle for me and would rather you pick it up personally.
      In case you didn't know, for items in the sub $20 price range, shipping cost may be a significant portion of the total price as they typically range from, $5 upwards. FREE shipping doesn't exist in the real world, somebody has to pay for it.

(Note: I am not going to budge on the prices, nor negotiate on S&H anymore. You are still not obligated to buy even after I've calculated the S&H cost since that is usually unknown till the very end. You can still refuse if you deem it too expensive.)

I apologize if I sound a little abrasive as I want to avoid future misunderstandings. A deal is considered closed when I ask and get a shipping address, then compute the shipping cost, and then we both come to an agreement on the final price. If we are nowhere close to this progression, I will continue to list the item as up for sale. Take this as an indication you still do not have exclusivity on the item of your interest.

Once an agreement on the final pricing is made, and payment is pending, I will move the item to "Sale Pending".

If I have reason to believe the sale is complete, or if the payment has cleared, the item will be moved to "Sold".

For Sale

================================================== =====================
      1. Elevate Lowering Springs for FWD S40. Unused, New In Box ($250) Elevate Site

5. Volvo Door Harness Kit ($25) Part# 31252640

6. Volvo Door Harness Kit ($30) Part# 31252642

7. Volvo Locking Lug Nut Set ($40) Part# 30660536

9. Volvo Light Switch without Fog lights ($10)
      Last edited by aldebaran; 05-23-2014 at 11:25 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You're selling the elevate springs for front and rear?

I'd like #10, #11 please ;-)
      Last edited by bgrove; 04-27-2014 at 09:35 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Keely View Post
      You're selling the elevate springs for front and rear?
      Yes, the entire set. Front and Rear, Left and Right. The rear springs are inside the front springs in the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by bgrove View Post
      I'd like #10, #11 please ;-)
      Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll compute the shipping cost.

Any estimate on shipping costs for elevate springs to Ireland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 Volvo S40 1.6D - Crashed
      2005 Volvo S40 1.6D - Sold
      2008 Volvo S40 R-Design 2.0D

Quote Originally Posted by shanecooney111 View Post
      Any estimate on shipping costs for elevate springs to Ireland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not at the moment, I calculate the shipping as I get responses. It's not going to be cheap to ship internationally though.

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Melvin, I'll take all the oil filters. Can you deliver to Carlisle?

Also, I might take the door harnesses if you still have those by Carlisle as well.

Hey there,

I'd like to offer $20 for 4 oil filters. This is with 1 Cabin air filter as well as #10 and #11. I can pay today. Postal code L3R 9R9, Ontario, Canada.
      SOLD: 2005 V50 T5 AWD - Metallic Silver 426 - ELEVATE Stage I Tune - ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar - VIVA Performance Front Strut Bar - iPd Front Stabilizer Links - EuroSportTuning Drop-in Filter - Volvo 18' Medusa Wheels - Volvo R-Design Steering Wheel - Full LED Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      Melvin, I'll take all the oil filters. Can you deliver to Carlisle?

Also, I might take the door harnesses if you still have those by Carlisle as well.
      Michael, you have the oil filters. I'll bring them to Carlisle with me.
      I'll bring the harnesses if they are still available by then.

Thanks.
      Last edited by aldebaran; 04-28-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m4gician View Post
      Hey there,

I'd like to offer $20 for 4 oil filters. This is with 1 Cabin air filter as well as #10 and #11. I can pay today. Postal code L3R 9R9, Ontario, Canada.
      Oops, sorry, Michael beat you to it!

This year I'll come prepared for the great stuff the vendors are selling, and to work on my car. Maybe I can finally get my back window figured out and see what's recently gone wrong with one of the back door locks.

Quote Originally Posted by m4gician View Post
      Hey there,

#10 and #11 are sold, but the only thing on your list available is the cabin filter. Do you still want it for $10? It's Activated Carbon impregnated and can be used in cars without the IAQS systems.

This year I'll come prepared for the great stuff the vendors are selling, and to work on my car. Maybe I can finally get my back window figured out and see what's recently gone wrong with one of the back door locks.
      Might be the harness that is acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
      Michael, you have the oil filters. I'll bring them to Carlisle with me.
      I'll bring the harnesses if they are still available by then.

Thanks.
      Thanks for being considerate and letting me know what was happening after we were talking prices yesterday, even though I contacted you yesterday morning. BTW Turns out you wouldn't make much off of me since AdvancedAuto and Amazon sell the MANN filters for 6.50/ea not including promo codes (Advanced) . And I don't see the point of paying close to 25% over retail. GLWS.
      Last edited by zephyrusaurai; 04-28-2014 at 12:20 PM.

good deal on those springs! im sure someone will grab those soon. i sent a pm to someone who may be interested...goodluck
      05' S40 T5 AWD >129k miles. KW V1. E-focus tq Mount. Racing Beat rsb. SPC arms. 18"Midir's, 17" Pegs.
      Elevate Cat-back. EST Downpipe. ATP FMIC. Elevate TCV.Shark, Stage '3' Tune.
      '97 E36 BMW M3
      Previous: 95' 854 T5

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrusaurai View Post
      Thanks for being considerate and letting me know what was happening after we were talking prices yesterday, even though I contacted you yesterday morning. BTW Turns out you wouldn't make much off of me since AdvancedAuto and Amazon sell the MANN filters for 6.50/ea not including promo codes (Advanced) . And I don't see the point of paying close to 25% over retail. GLWS.
      Sorry, we didn't close on the deal because I haven't accepted your final offer. I agreed to the price cut but not the free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown9348 View Post
      good deal on those springs! im sure someone will grab those soon. i sent a pm to someone who may be interested...goodluck
      Thanks. If they plan on being at Carlisle, have them pick it up and save on shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
      Sorry, we didn't close on the deal because I haven't accepted your final offer. I agreed to the price cut but not the free shipping.
      FYI: Common courtesy is to let the other person know that you aren't accepting the other or at least counter offer. Also, what price cut? You're charging retail prices shipped from any other retailer and now adding your own shipping in. That isn't a price cut, that's a mark up. Sorry for trying to help out a fellow member and not wanting to get ripped off by a fellow member.

$6.50 x 8 = $52

So compared to off the shelf prices in a store, $50 is still the better deal. The value of anything is what people are willing to pay.

$6.50 x 8 = $52

So compared to off the shelf prices in a store, $50 is still the better deal. The value of anything is what people are willing to pay.
      $52? Now use promo code that takes 30% off, $15.60 discount. Total price for 8 filters = $36.4. Let's see also spend 75 to get a straight $30 off. so 75-30=45. So if you buy $75 worth of stuff then you pay $45. Whereas if you buy $75 worth of stuff from the OP, then you pay $75.

So compared to the prices on here, $36.40 is still the better deal. The value of anything is what people think they have to pay.

You are correct though. The value of something is what I'm willing to pay, not what people think it's worth. Hence, I'm not willing to get ripped off by someone when retail stores offer lower prices and the guarantee that everything is legitimate. (And offer free returns for that matter.)
      Last edited by zephyrusaurai; 04-30-2014 at 01:50 AM.

24. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements