main radio unit (find it on back roof trunk side) and all photos
is here.

When you need to listen phone music just put radio mode on AM
or FM and voila. When you wont to listen radio just pull plug out
of your mobile phone.

I install this today and its work fine. Now I will just pull one long cable
audio to middle box or you can put also wireless small modules cheap
on ebay.

Enjoy finaly long music from your phones, MP3 Players ect...

See less See more
Reactions: Goti
#119 · (Edited)
Wow... a really great job. I decided to add an aux to my 2006 XC90 also.

I decided to have it done though. It is not all the way completed but the installer sent me a photo of the unit inside the car powered on. He still has to make the antenna connections. Apparently, the antenna is a ribbon cable so it is not a plug and play. He needs to do some soldering.

I originally wanted to have an aux hard wired into the system and had picked the MMMi unit from Volvotech. I also wanted satellite radio and was going to put the two together to give me satellite and an aux so I could use my phone, satellite, cd or radio. When I brought my sat unit to the installer, he told me I did not need to get the volvotech unit and that I could have both sat and aux working through the sat radio but that it would be through the fm modulator. He told me that the sound would be just as good as my radio so we decided to go this route and see what it sounded like before going through the expense of the volvotech unit.

My requirement was that it had to look factory. This is the photo he sent me after the install but before getting the antenna wired up. I won't know what it sounds like until tomorrow.

#122 ·
Great, just GREAT thread!

Guys, I have a 2006 D5 with High-Performance Audio and lacking of AUX has been bugging me for some time now.
I have very little spare time with my 2y daughter but will definitely try this mod in the following month!
Normally I refrain from posting but Hong Kong deserves our gratitude!:thumbup:
Slav power! :bow:

#130 ·
Sorry guys that i was missing so long and didnt replied to yours many questions.

FM works nornal without any problem.
AM I really dont know who stil listening in 2021?
Bear in mind for powering any of Aux source to have good filtration of 5Volts with different power chargers and here dont buy cheap Chinese crap but quality one. If you read post from begining you can find that few guys placed RF Radio frequency filter and i suggest it for any simple charger plug cigarette unit.
My Aux works perfect decade...And as I know now over 40 of xc90 as well.
AM when you cut line near R9 ( dont cremove R9 just cut line ) wil not be in background at all but there is 2 different board and on my 2006 i cut it.

You can try without while all board is out test and decide.

#131 ·
If you followed instructions all must work well. Sad to read that to you not worked radio but must be wrong soldered L R Ground for sure. People use not shielded audio cable - WRONG
so simple 2 shielded L and R and ground together of each of Left and Right. Some of you tried to use 2 wire white and red and 1 shield can work but Im sure the best one is separate shield L and R than solder together in board. On Jack Aux can be soldered separately if your jack have it.
Enjoy music that Lolvo VCC didnt connected like I was on board ;)
But when I was young all tourist nice sexy Swedish girls in our most beatifull on Mediteranian Jadransko more (Jadran sea ) in Yugoslavia was dancing and was connected on my music in Disco when I was DJ ;) hahaha shake it baby shake it ;)

#132 ·
Hello guy I just want to update with you guys that I just finish the adding aux to my 2004 Volvo Xc90, it work amazing for me. But a few thing I want to point out is
1. I did cut the R9 line to not get the background noise but it didn't work out, I think I'm not cutting deep enough but anyway for $15-$20 and few hours this is really good for me.
2. I have problem that when I try to listen music and charge my phone at the same time it make a really horrible sound. If anyone know how to fixed it let me know.

And I'm using 20ft male to male aux cable at Amazon like $12-$14 working really well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08D3H9TR4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Here is the video testing the sound after I put everything back.
MediaFire

Thanks you so much Hong Kong for the hack it save me $700. 🥰🥰🥰

#135 ·
Hello; charger need to be quality one not cheap Chinese crap. sorry for words. you need to place on Alternator RF module to suppress any disturbances created in 12 V cables. Its cheap and not online like Besign. Amazon.com : alternator noise suppressor or any similar for Alternator. To me work perfect. Glad to read that you are happy with my small contribution to Audio of Lolvo that they can place decade ago...but they didnt. :)

#136 ·
Hi. I tried installing this but now only the left side of my radio works. Both AM and FM play but only on the left side. When I play music through phone I hear both radio and phone. I am pretty sure I have cut R9 but I could check again. But what about my radio only working on left side speakers? Did I ruin something on my board?

#137 ·
Hi will be nice to check which cable you use? Sure left + ground and right + ground than to the board ground connection in 1. Also if you made some photos where you solder use some zoom to check maybe you touch something while soldering. Over decade to me and many worldwide this works perfect. Try to check also loop by instrument that cable audio is not broken...

#139 ·
If you have a time to open board again - make nice zoom photos espacially all board as there is 2 different one for Japan one for rest of the world. I dont have schematics this was made by Japanese company for Volvo but Logically by chips and electronics I found that cutting R9 stop signal from AM to preamp ect... if you want I will do my best to help waiting your photos.