Viva cat-back exhaust- anyone have it?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Viva cat-back exhaust- anyone have it?

Did a search on here but not seeing anything in the XC60 forum on this, only a thread or two on the K-Pax one.

http://www.vivaperformance.com/cat-b...t-xc60-t6-awd/

Anyone have it and just not post about it yet? Curious to hear any thoughts/perspectives on this.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I, too, am interested.

I have been communicating with K-Pax Peroformance since March about a cat-back system. Nicolas Rivera said they would be releasing a full cat back exhaust system for the XC60 mid-summer. I have not been able to get any additional information from them. My biggest concern is the projected $1965 price tag (the cost of the S60 version). That's a lot of moola for not a lot of performance enhancement.

The complete system from ViVa would be $2,300. The downpipe from Ferrita looks good. No XC60 reviews, though.
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

Penguin, when you say complete system you're adding in a new down pipe and something else correct? The above link I posted is just $899 so I'm confused as to where you're arriving at the total of $2300 unless you're thinking of the Ferrita one which is different than the one I was referencing which is just bolt on.

I'd be a bit cautious about changing out the DP and anything else without a tune based on what I used to see from my Subaru turbo days.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Yes, the $2300 includes the Ferrita downpipe. $899 for the exhaust system seems reasonable.

I believe the Polestar tune might benefit from a better-flowing downpipe.
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

Yeah my point is that the Polestar tune was created using the existing components.

Anytime you change things in measurable way (e.g., the DP diameter and flow) I was under the impression that you'd also need to adjust the tune to both take advantage of the changes you've made and/or ensure that the existing tune won't run funny with the additions of the new parts.

I agree that if any alterations are going to be done with exhaust or down pipe there should be a new tune designed for it. I was actually interested in the idea of getting the down pipe and exhaust for the XC RD but the lack of new tune map is holding me back.
      I wish polestar would come up with a new tune for those who want to go slightly above. I dont see why they cant bump it up another 15-30hp. With the OE components being restrictive as is, a more free flowing parts would be a great idea.
      2019 XC60 R-Design - work in progress
      2015 XC60 R-Design - Totaled
      2016 VW GTI - modified
      2005 G35 -modified

The pragmatist in me see spending $900 for more noise is silly.

But the car guy in me knows that it would sound SO GOOD!

One significant upgrade/mod a year keeps me interested in a vehicle. This year was IPD sway bar and lowering springs. Maybe the Viva exhaust next year!

Quick, somebody needs to post a sound clip link!
      2013 XC 60 T6 R-Design

heico also make some good exhaust systems. i wonder if it would free up some power.

Just did sways and end links.

Saw a few posts from you on lowering springs but it was from some months ago. Any updates on ride quality, etc. now you've been living with them on for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
      The pragmatist in me see spending $900 for more noise is silly.

But the car guy in me knows that it would sound SO GOOD!

One significant upgrade/mod a year keeps me interested in a vehicle. This year was IPD sway bar and lowering springs. Maybe the Viva exhaust next year!

Quick, somebody needs to post a sound clip link!

Quote Originally Posted by JMFangio View Post
      Just did sways and end links.

Saw a few posts from you on lowering springs but it was from some months ago. Any updates on ride quality, etc. now you've been living with them on for a while?
      It's firm. The improvement in handling/cornering/sway is well worth it. I will admit that it is firm enough that when it is time for new tires, I may investigate some 19s or even 18s.
      2013 XC 60 T6 R-Design

Hmm…

That's a bit of what I'm afraid of. Standard R-Design ride is a bit stiff already. Did you do sways/endlinks and then the springs? If so, did you find that the springs made that much of a difference to handling cornering? How about ride height?

Quote Originally Posted by LVE2DRV View Post
      I agree that if any alterations are going to be done with exhaust or down pipe there should be a new tune designed for it. I was actually interested in the idea of getting the down pipe and exhaust for the XC RD but the lack of new tune map is holding me back.
      I wish polestar would come up with a new tune for those who want to go slightly above. I dont see why they cant bump it up another 15-30hp. With the OE components being restrictive as is, a more free flowing parts would be a great idea.
      Since I didn't know, I posted a question to Chris on the IPD Performance forum. His reply follows:
      It would appear that adding a downpipe and/or performance exhaust will provide some benefits to an already installed tune without having to adjust the tune.

Just posted, then deleted my post as it seems I may have initially misread the thread you linked.

IPD seem like very knowledgable guys but I've never heard of changing out exhaust and DP, and not needing to adjust the tune. Only thing I can think of is that the Polestar tune is mild enough that it won't affect the ECU that much but I'm still a bit surprised to hear that based on what I've seen in the Subaru world.

no dyno's, no care

Heico just came out with a new kit for Polestar Equipped XC60s. Brings HP to 365 and torque to 500 - Alexander Lode from heico just informed me.
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

Quote Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
      Heico just came out with a new kit for Polestar Equipped XC60s. Brings HP to 365 and torque to 500 - Alexander Lode from heico just informed me.
      i went to their site but i do not see any info on it or price or any dyno graphs. hopefully they can give more info on how it effects things. Also if its an add-on to the ecu or a complete reflash. Would also be interested if the dealership will completely void the warranty if they find out the chip is on it.
      2016 VW GTI - modified
      2005 G35 -modified

Quote Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
      Current: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD | 2017 Pacifica Limited
      Past: 2008 Saab 9-3 Vector Convertible: Sold 2014 | 2003 Audi A4 1.8TQM: Sold 2010 | 2006 Triumph Daytona 675: Sold 2008

Surprised that HP on the new tune from Heico is only 365.

they claim this is the maximum output possible without needing to change internals.

Also - they confirmed that their initial testing proved that the 354 lb tq is underrated. The exact words on the phone "We were a bit shocked to see how overengineered the engine components were, and therefore came up with a solution to maximize output before needing internal part upgrades"

Apparently for people like me, that have the e.motion system already in, i just have to pull out the piggy back controller and they reflash it.

it plays with the ECU. Heico has never been very keen on a complete replacement.
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

That makes sense actually. Polestar had to switch to a larger turbo for the new limited production models.

I've read that the 354 TQ on the Polestar is actually around 410 TQ when it was dynoed
      What kind of money are they going to charge for this upgrade?

Back to the start of this thread, has anyone tried the CAT Back exhaust from VIVA on an XC60? I have had Heico's exhausts on previous cars and liked them, but since the Heico for XC60 cost so much more and could require a new diffuser it is not really an option I am interested in this time. 899.00 for Viva seems like a good price,... but looking for any feedback. Thanks!
      2011 XC60 T-6 AWD R-Design + Polestar, Passion Red (climate, navigation, and technology packages). Added: Custom Subwoofer, Trailer Hitch, Vision X LED light bar and fogs, and Laser Interceptor V. 8 (Quad).

Heico also make a single exhaust tips that utilize the stock rear. I have yet to see what that looks like or sounds like. It would have been great if there were other companies that came out with exhausts for XC but i dont think there is much demand for it. Borla or magnaflow would be a good alternative.
      2016 VW GTI - modified
      2005 G35 -modified

bump, does anyone have this exhaust? I'm interested to know how is the droning at highway cruising speeds.
      2015 XC60 RD | eibach springs | snabb intake | TDI tune | Niche 21x10 wheels

thanks, we should also clarify that the Jetex model on your car retains the stock resonator. The VIVA unit replaces the stock resonator with a Y pipe.
      2015 XC60 RD | eibach springs | snabb intake | TDI tune | Niche 21x10 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by bhom920 View Post
      bump, does anyone have this exhaust? I'm interested to know how is the droning at highway cruising speeds.

I have the Ferrita DP and ViVA Performance Exhaust. It is slightly louder and there is a very slight drone. I have had it on several long trips and don't find the drone to be intrusive. Would I do it again? Yes, it's a great looking system.

Bumping an older thread. Anyone have the VIVA exhaust with stock DP? The IPD unit sees too quiet unless the DP is replaced with a performance unit.

I don't plan on replacing the DP but want more growl and the VIVA exhaust seems to give that based on the one video clip I could find on YouTube. The key seems to be a deleted resonator and the IPD unit keeps it. Hope someone here can share their experience.

If the price of this unit was the same as the IPD then it would be a no brainer and I would purchase it. Thanks!

30. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements