Polestar Registry - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      south central PA looks like its going to be a hotbed for P*'s....I'm in York! although I'm opting for the blue!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
      Did someone say "new to Volvo and long time BMW guy" and "from Lancaster PA?" You sure you aren't my doppelgänger????

Great...so now I won't be as "special" driving my #49 V60P Black Sapphire in Amishville!!!

PM me with were you are at. Also, how come you didn't go with Stadel? I believe their "demo" is available

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

somewhere in vt, at the end of very dirt roads
      Quote Originally Posted by Dan Halen View Post
      V60 #52 will be coming available at Jim Ellis Volvo of Marietta; I've sent a request for a refund of my deposit. I got sick and tired of beating myself up over my options and took an easy out with a car I've always wanted. Even better, it's saved me nearly 30% over what I'd spend on the Polestar!

I'm depreciation-averse, and the Polestar was just too big of a risk. I know they'll be fun cars, and I wish you all well with them!
      almost the same cars, very slight difference.

V60 #52 will be coming available at Jim Ellis Volvo of Marietta; I've sent a request for a refund of my deposit. I got sick and tired of beating myself up over my options and took an easy out with a car I've always wanted. Even better, it's saved me nearly 30% over what I'd spend on the Polestar!

I'm depreciation-averse, and the Polestar was just too big of a risk. I know they'll be fun cars, and I wish you all well with them!
      I went through the same process, I cancelled my order and have already received my refund back, I am going with a Porsche Macan S instead, although I'll have to wait a lot longer than September 2014 to get it. Which is no big deal. The gauge cluster on the V60 Polestar bothered me a little and the tranny offered bothered me a lot, if it had been offered with a MT I would have gladly paid more and fought tooth and nail to get one. It wasn't meant to be. Or the allure of a Polestar is too strong, can't resist.
      Last edited by madden; 08-23-2014 at 09:08 AM.
      1982 Volvo GLT w/ small block V8, T5 manual tranny and a bunch of stuff. to handle and go fast
      Gone and totaled V50 with a few mods, K16, Enem cams 3' DP and cat back, KW V2 coilovers, etc. I miss that one
      2015.5 Polestar V60 BSM #44/80

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Gentlemen (and women?) I too am saying a fond farewell to this forum. I just requested my deposit back on s60p #2; ( It will go to the next person in line at Kline Volvo in Maplewood MN. Give John Rogers a call to snag it.
      I'm so jealous of you who will get these unique cars! I want mine so badly in every way but my wife does the financials and has permanently rescinded her permission. to buy it. Thankfully we will still have our 2015 r-design which really does what we need. When you all are ready to sell maybe I'll be ready to buy.
      Tony

Did someone say "new to Volvo and long time BMW guy" and "from Lancaster PA?" You sure you aren't my doppelgänger????

Great...so now I won't be as "special" driving my #49 V60P Black Sapphire in Amishville!!!

PM me with were you are at. Also, how come you didn't go with Stadel? I believe their "demo" is available
      Stadel's demo was taken they were the first dealer i talked to. i then went on to call every dealer that was closest and Falls Church VA was the closest with a Black sapphire still available. so i jumped on it.
      Last edited by cbetlyon; 08-11-2014 at 10:47 PM.

been following along for a while on the forums, but finally got myself registered.

#006 blue s60 is me.

oh, and I'm in Northern California.

Quote Originally Posted by cbetlyon View Post
      Stadel's demo was taken they were the first dealer i talked to. i then went on to call every dealer that was closest and Falls Church VA was the closest with a Black sapphire still available. so i jumped on it.
      When did you speak to Dave? B/c if it was within the last few weeks, their Black Sapphire V60 demo was promised to me just in case my order was not accepted by Volvo. This is my wife's car and she would only settle for black. My order (#49) was confirmed last week (8/5), so Stadel's demo may still be available. You might want to double check and then you can save yourself the trip to VA.
      2015.5 V60 Polestar (#62:80); 2015--F82 ///M4 [ED 6/26/14];
      2012--E92 335is*; 2011--E70 X5d; 2011--E89 Z435is*; 2009--E89 Z435i*;
      2008--E92 335i [ED 2/23/08]*; 2007--MkV GTI*; 2006--E90 330i*;
      2005--E83 X3*; 2004--E83 X3*; 2003--E46 325Ci* *retired

When did you speak to Dave? B/c if it was within the last few weeks, their Black Sapphire V60 demo was promised to me just in case my order was not accepted by Volvo. This is my wife's car and she would only settle for black. My order (#49) was confirmed last week (8/5), so Stadel's demo may still be available. You might want to double check and then you can save yourself the trip to VA.
      i talked to David early last week. ill give him a call later today. Thanks for the heads up Kief.

Quote Originally Posted by s60r05 View Post
      almost the same cars, very slight difference.
      Totally.

My candidates were the S3, SQ5, and V60 Polestar. Each would have filled a slightly different role under different circumstances, any of which would have been in place of what I've wanted for the longest time and what I actually bought, anyway. For my current stage in life and my current automotive desires, there's no better answer than what I bought. I should've done it two years ago, though I'd not have found the example I ended up with if I'd bought two years ago!
      2008 Signal Green Cayman S Sport, 378/700

i talked to David early last week. ill give him a call later today. Thanks for the heads up Kief.
      No problem. Let me know how you make out.

Either way, we'll need to meet up and do a photo shoot of our black V60 Polestars and BMWs!

The Falls Church Dealership (Don Beyer) is where I'm getting my Rebel Blue V60 Polestar. Keep me posted on when/if you take delivery of your car from that dealership. It would be cool if we could take some photos of our cars together.

Totally.

My candidates were the S3, SQ5, and V60 Polestar. Each would have filled a slightly different role under different circumstances, any of which would have been in place of what I've wanted for the longest time and what I actually bought, anyway. For my current stage in life and my current automotive desires, there's no better answer than what I bought. I should've done it two years ago, though I'd not have found the example I ended up with if I'd bought two years ago!
      You must be my car twin. I was looking at all of those. I really wanted the SQ5, but I wanted it in Diesel, which isn't available in the US. The s3 was good and sporty, but just too small as we just had a baby and plan to have another one. The s4 wasn't big enough either. Maybe when I have a 3 car garage, I'll get something smaller and sportier.

Polestar it is!
      V60 Polestar #77/80
      former Saab driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Polestar View Post
      You must be my car twin. I was looking at all of those. I really wanted the SQ5, but I wanted it in Diesel, which isn't available in the US. The s3 was good and sporty, but just too small as we just had a baby and plan to have another one. The s4 wasn't big enough either. Maybe when I have a 3 car garage, I'll get something smaller and sportier.

Polestar it is!
      You are talking about S4 not being big enough, but then you order a V60 Polestar? S4 has a clearly bigger trunk and more leg space in the back than the Polestar...
      Last edited by Foxy; 08-13-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
      You are talking about S4 not being big enough, but then you order a V60 Polestar? S4 has a clearly bigger trunk and more leg space in the back than the Polestar...
      Unfortunately, we don't get the S4 avant in the US. The V60 has a much larger cargo area than the S4 sedan. I'm in the same boat as Polestar, our first is due in October. The rear seat room, although smaller than the Audi, is sufficient for an infant seat. The fact that I can get the Polestar as a wagon is what made my decision.

Ah, I forgot you guys dont get the avant, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
      Ah, I forgot you guys dont get the avant, sorry
      Now we're on the same page.
      V60 Polestar #77/80
      former Saab driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick22 View Post
      Spoke to Denise at Volvo this week. I was confirmed for car #32 an S60 in Blue. I am in SF, CA
      I called Volvo NA to double check my order as #32 S60 was originally listed as a black car headed to Florida... Denise confirmed that it was mine and she had their website updated correctly. Looks correct now on the Volvo site.

I reserved #69. Live in SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by elliott View Post
      I reserved #69. Live in SoCal.
      Cool.

Through which dealer?
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Anybody received a phone call from Volvo NA about ETA of their Polestar? I seem to remember someone saying that they were going to send out official confirmations etc towards the end of the month?
      CURRENT: 2015 S60 Polestar (rebel blue) #2

CURRENT: 2007 S60R & 2014 XC90 RD

Just called my dealer today and waiting to hear back. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something!

Polestar Registry

Maybe we will hear something next week (at least on the east coast) following the 8/24 dealer training? Someone else noted the 8/24 date. However, I find it hard to believe a dealer training would occur on a Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by kcir View Post
      dealer training

aug 24th new jersey, sheraton hotel (city ?)

sept 4th camarillo ca,
      Volvo Monitoring & Concept Center
      700 Via Alondra
      Camarillo, CA
      (805) 388-0399
      Last edited by Kief; 08-21-2014 at 01:29 PM.

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just heard back from my dealer. I promised you an update when I called him, so here it is:

1. He told me that Volvo has approximately 25 cars in port already in New Jersey, but they don't want to release them until all of the cars are in the U.S.
      2. As a result, he told me that it was possible (not definite) that I won't get my car until early December.
      3. The dealer training (at least for East coast) is Monday and Tuesday of next week (Aug 25-26).

He says that his manager is going to the training and that I'll get a call from them on Wednesday with an update with some new information.

Quote Originally Posted by hensonje View Post
      I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just heard back from my dealer. I promised you an update when I called him, so here it is:

1. He told me that Volvo has approximately 25 cars in port already in New Jersey, but they don't want to release them until all of the cars are in the U.S.
      2. As a result, he told me that it was possible (not definite) that I won't get my car until early December.
      3. The dealer training (at least for East coast) is Monday and Tuesday of next week (Aug 25-26).

He says that his manager is going to the training and that I'll get a call from them on Wednesday with an update with some new information.
      Heads will roll. I've had my deposit in since February. I may not stick with it if this happens. I sold my car because they told me it would be delivered by late summer early fall, then they told me mid sept.
      V60 Polestar #77/80
      former Saab driver.

I talked with my dealer today as well. He'll be at the training next week and expects to get more info on the delivery. He told me he still thinks delivery will be in September. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well, it appears I've been allocated a black V60 Polestar from Barrier Volvo in Bellevue. This has been a roller coaster, first maybe, then no, then maybe, then yes. I started looking at other options, specifically a Macan, but the vehicle I really wanted has always been the Polestar. I am so happy. (Just found out this week after getting my deposit back the week before)
      1982 Volvo GLT w/ small block V8, T5 manual tranny and a bunch of stuff. to handle and go fast
      Gone and totaled V50 with a few mods, K16, Enem cams 3' DP and cat back, KW V2 coilovers, etc. I miss that one
      2015.5 Polestar V60 BSM #44/80

cant believe your salesman spewed such FUD as fact or even just supposition shared with a customer!

One just has to ask themselves ....

1. a company has an opportunity to book profits in a certain quarter ... what compelling reason would they have to delay that an entire quarter?

2. Cars sitting on the lot/at the port are subject to damage from hail. So Volvo would opt to let the cars sit out there for three months and be subject to weather or accidental damage rather than book the profits and pass that liability on to the buyer?

.... PURE FUD spewed by that salesman or dealership.
      Last edited by m8o; 08-23-2014 at 12:27 PM.
      - 2015.5 V60 Polestar #41/80 (BSM)
      - '98 MB C43 AMG w/an '01 E55 AMG engine, Penske 8100 racing dampers, adjustable spring perches, euro nav, ++more
      - '88 Mercedes Benz 560SL, stock

I was told today that my car is in Baltimore and I should be able to get it this week. After the mon-Tuesday dealer training.. They weren't all that committal. I happened to sneak a peek at a list of maybe a dozen cars labeled NJ, Balt, or SSI.

Quote Originally Posted by edobson22207 View Post
      I was told today that my car is in Baltimore and I should be able to get it this week. After the mon-Tuesday dealer training.. They weren't all that committal. I happened to sneak a peek at a list of maybe a dozen cars labeled NJ, Balt, or SSI.
      It sounds like there is no consistent message out there. My dealer was telling me that they wanted to deliver them all at once for some kind of "wow factor." It seemed weird to me. Overall I have to say that I'll be over the moon if I can take delivery in the next week or two (I live relatively close to Baltimore). Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for sharing what you've been hearing. It certainly makes me more hopeful!

It is slated to arrive Aug. 29th per the letter below.

volvo confirmed

4 days after training in mahwah
      Congratulations! That's really good news. I was honestly pretty crestfallen when my dealer started talking about a December delivery, but it's starting to sound like that was inaccurate. Being in central Virginia, I'm hoping that maybe I could take delivery another week after that. Fingers crossed!

It is slated to arrive Aug. 29th per the letter below.

volvo confirmed

4 days after training in mahwah
      Yeah congrats!
      Tell us more about this letter. Was this a letter to your dealer or directly to you? Any other details?

yeah, i totally missed the deposit date... but the more i read, the more i think i want an SQ5 over the V60 Polestar...for now.

It will be interesting to see new polestar models come out
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

If you consider a SQ5 over a Polestar, I dont think the Polestar is the car for you.

Polestar is (should be) about handling. SQ5 is an SUV - and it handles like one... The Polestar is already 1800kg but the SQ5 is 200kg on top... Dont know why someone would chose between these cars. Doesnt make any sense.

I've been told by the dealer that #70 is mine. It's a demo assignment, but no one else will be driving it is what I'm hearing. Expected delivery - the week of September 8. Maybe there is an advantage to having a demo - early delivery!
      2015.5 V60P #70 Rebel Blue
      2004 V70R silver/sand

just rec'd confirmation from dealer today (email from Volvo) that scheduled delivery for mine (s60 black) is 10-7 (portland).... did happen to notice that the letter also stated that the v60 blue for another customer was scheduled for 11-18.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast