Winter Wheel Thread - Page 21
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21
      I have searched this thread and don't see anything about the question I'm about to ask. And I can't seem to find on this forum how to start a new thread! I have a 2018 XC60 Momentum T5 with 20" wheels and live in Colorado. Last winter the factory "all season" tires were okay, but I'm thinking I really need snow tires for winter. I don't seem to have great control in the snow with the factory tires. Can anyone recommend a good winter/snow tire I could use that won't blow my bank account? I appreciate any advice. I notice several people on here talking about changing out their wheels too. I'm not sure what the benefit of that is, but that's not in the budget. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Soniahaxton View Post
      I have searched this thread and don't see anything about the question I'm about to ask. And I can't seem to find on this forum how to start a new thread! I have a 2018 XC60 Momentum T5 with 20" wheels and live in Colorado. Last winter the factory "all season" tires were okay, but I'm thinking I really need snow tires for winter. I don't seem to have great control in the snow with the factory tires. Can anyone recommend a good winter/snow tire I could use that won't blow my bank account? I appreciate any advice. I notice several people on here talking about changing out their wheels too. I'm not sure what the benefit of that is, but that's not in the budget. Thanks!
      To start a new thread you go to the correct forum and click "Start Thread" button. You're asking about a SPA XC60 and I found a thread with a similar question:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...and-tire-size)

I also have an XC60 and just purchased a set of Conti Viking tires and am getting them mounted this weekend so don't have any experience with them yet. I also like to use the reviews on sites like Tirerack. For your situation it depends on if you are going to change back to all season tires by mounting and dismounting or buying a separate set of wheels.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Thank you!!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Winter setup. Clean....for the moment, until the next storm Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4, Rotora rotors and Advanti DST Hybris wheels.

20191110_140740-1_resized.jpg

Attachment 57561

Winter wheels with Nokian WR A

Bor rims winter setup!

Hello

My setup for the winter! Bor rims with Pirelli Ice Zero (Studded) 225/45-19 (96T) and 15 mm spacers in the front and rear. I have tried to fully load the car to compress the suspension and it doesn't rub anywhere (Front and rear). I payed for the whole setup around 950 with new pirelli. Hope this can help someone to choose. Sorry for my bad english

Greetings from Sweden

Last edited by Leon7; 01-31-2020 at 11:01 AM.

OEM 19" winter wheels on my 2018 S60 Polestar.
      Tires are Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 235/40-R19.
      Attached Images Attached Images
      2018 S60 Polestar, Rebel Blue / now known as Cyan Racing Blue

Question 18 inch speedometer difference, how to adjust?

Hi,
      I have a Volvo XC90 2019 early with Air suspension.
      I got it with OEM summer tyres 275/45 R20.
      For winter tyres I've researched and found 235/60 R18 would be the best choice, because of bad roads in my country and the possibility of snow chains mounting when I am going to the Alps.
      So bought a Borbet C2C rims (EAN: 4051665042856) along with Continental WinterContact TS 850 P tyres 235/60 R18 tyres.
      Apparently the Continental tyres are the officially supported Volvo wintertyres (party no. 31650787): https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-515693/2019
      Assembling and brake clearance was not a problem, but the speedometer writes wrong values.

With the summer tyres and the default factory software package (guess/hope it was the 20" SW pack) it was always +3 km/h at all speeds above 30 km/h (until 180 km/h tested).
      With the winter tyre combination before and after the 18 inch Volvo software package adjustment (applied 3 times: 18" SW, Polestar, 18" SW, 1 month later 18" SW) it is the following:
      Dashboard km/h GPS km/h
      10 9
      30 27
      55 51
      60 56
      106 100
      110 104
      155 147-148
      178 170

I've informed Volvo service after I came from there for a test ride of the 18" SW package and the Polestar upgrade (applied one after the other during the same service appointment), that there is this difference.
      Then went back a few days later to the service to reapply the 18", we guessed maybe Polestar overwrote some settings. But after the 2nd SW application the km/h difference was the same.
      1 month later in another EU country I've told to the local service and they made me sure they fix the problem, effectively they've reapplied the same Volvo software package number (32270045), and ofc still no difference in the km/h misalignment.

I've read in several forums that the tyre circumference had to be adjusted by the service/garage, because the default Volvo software doesn't cover this (then why do I pay for ).
      I remember I found at the first time I've searched after this problem a forum entry, which mentioned this exactly, but I don't find it anymore, maybe it was a swedish/dutch/some other foreign country forum and I just google translated it, so I can't re-find it anymore.

The reason why I want it to be corrected are:
      - turning off the safety features at the speeds they meant to, and not earlier,
      - better fuel consumption measuring,
      - saving engine/transmission from later problems because of earlier shifting in the automatic gear shifting programs,
      - preciser Air suspension lowering (it depends on km/h),
      - don't write more km into the odometer, than the real, which makes harder to sell the car years later,
      - make it easier to me to set the desired real speed with the tempomat, than remember at which speed what speed is the real speed, have less looking at the GPS km/h number on my phone.

Anyone met this problem and/or know the real solution for it?

hi,
      i too have a 2017 polestar, with 20x8 5x108 ET: 55,
      looking to fit 18"s .
      Been told not possible as the front calipers are huge and will need to change them to a R-design.
      A friend from Insta posted his pictures and told me that they have 18"without any caliper change.
      He is running the Konig ampliforms 18s,
      18 x 8.5 , 5 x108, with and +43 offset

I dont get these wheels here in india, any advice if anyone was able to get 18s on their car.
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      hi,
      i too have a 2017 polestar, with 20x8 5x108 ET: 55,
      looking to fit 18"s .
      Been told not possible as the front calipers are huge and will need to change them to a R-design.
      A friend from Insta posted his pictures and told me that they have 18"without any caliper change.
      He is running the Konig ampliforms 18s,
      18 x 8.5 , 5 x108, with and +43 offset

I dont get these wheels here in india, any advice if anyone was able to get 18s on their car.
      Thanks
      Would love to see pictures of that post. To my knowledge I thought it almost impossible to fit 18" wheels over the 6 pot calipers. Maybe that Insta post is a Polestar optimized car as many
      call them Polestar cars and it does not have the 6 pot Brembos.

How to add photos?
      Only shows Add an Image from Url?

How to add photos?
      Only shows Add an Image from Url?
      See photo below:
      Screenshot (1293).jpg

Hi
      yes i try doing that A window opens and it says
      Add an image from URL...

So do i upload the images i have to a free image hosting websites and then post a link here. Rather complicated?

Hi
      yes i try doing that A window opens and it says
      Add an image from URL...

So do i upload the images i have to a free image hosting websites and then post a link here. Rather complicated?
      Hope this diagram of the process helps:

Screenshot (1306).jpg

photo inserting

My system dos not show the "from computer" option when I hit the insert photo icon. Only see the from URL option.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar RB, 3M clear front wrap, rear window tint, winter Polestar wheels and tires.
      Past: 2007 V70R, titanium grey, MT, Atacama, OEM sub-woofer, 19" pegs

FYI Niche M117 Misano 19x8.5 ET40 will fit a 2020 V60 T8 Polestar with 3mm spacers. Some further details in this thread
      2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21