Polestar Reviews - Page 10
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    Results 316 to 325 of 325
    1. #316
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      NYC and LI
      Posts
      571
      Quote Originally Posted by P50GT View Post
      New '17 review from Driving.ca. Pretty straightforward. Beyond not knowing that MB increased the power of their 2.0L engines to 375HP seems to have pretty accurate info.

      http://driving.ca/volvo/v60/reviews/...o-v60-polestar
      Not only that. How anyone reviews the Polestar and doesn't mention the seats? ... I dunno how that happens.
      - 2015.5 V60 Polestar #41/80 (BSM)
      - '98 MB C43 AMG w/an '01 E55 AMG engine, Penske 8100 racing dampers, adjustable spring perches, euro nav, ++more
      - '88 Mercedes Benz 560SL, stock

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #317
      Senior Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      10,743
      I think some reviewers tend to take the Volvo seats for granted because that's always been a trademark of the brand.

      They would have a hard time adjusting the shocks "under the hood".
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    4. #318
      Junior Member LBC_1of165's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Long Beach CA
      Posts
      38

      Autoblg: 2017 Volvo S60 and V60 Polestar First Drive

      2016 v60 Polestar Rebel Blue
      2016 XC90 T6 R Polestar

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #319
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      South Bay, CA
      Posts
      678
      As per requests I made this thread sticky.
      Last edited by Opus007; 04-10-2017 at 11:59 AM.
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar #15/80, Matte Rebel Blue
      1993 Volvo 850 GLT, Red, 170K miles (gift to family)
      1979 Volvo 265 GL, Blue (sold)

    7. #320
      Hey everyone finally finished a Review/Car Battle with my 2017 V60 Polestar and a 2017 Stage 3 Ford Focus RS. Hope you enjoy the video as this is with the 2.0L twincharged engine and 8 speed auto. Also this was done on a closed course where I had the Highway Patrol close the Road down for us. I had to do this twice as the first time my audio failed and had to wait for another day to go up and get cleared. In no way do I promote street racing as that is not only dangerous for you as an individual but as well as for innocent by standards. Do not try at home or on public roads.


    8. #321
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      592
      Cool review, very real world.

      The drag race was cool, much closer than i thought it would be considering the tune on that RS
      2015 V60 T5e - Various suspension and P* bits

    9. #322
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      US West Coast
      Posts
      3,665
      Quote Originally Posted by TShirtDriving View Post
      Hey everyone finally finished a Review/Car Battle with my 2017 V60 Polestar and a 2017 Stage 3 Ford Focus RS. Hope you enjoy the video as this is with the 2.0L twincharged engine and 8 speed auto. Also this was done on a closed course where I had the Highway Patrol close the Road down for us. I had to do this twice as the first time my audio failed and had to wait for another day to go up and get cleared. In no way do I promote street racing as that is not only dangerous for you as an individual but as well as for innocent by standards. Do not try at home or on public roads.

      Fun review. It would be fun to see a '15.5/16 instead of your '17 v the RS as your complaints about road feel have to do with the switch to fully electric steering for '17. The additional torque on the I6 would also make a difference in a bunch of the tests. Octane does have a huge effect on all Volvo's, not just P*'s.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

      Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

    10. #323
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      71
      You look like your in Southern California (?) I can help with comparing the differences between the I6 and the 4cyl

    11. #324
      Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSnooze View Post
      Cool review, very real world.

      The drag race was cool, much closer than i thought it would be considering the tune on that RS
      Yeah on 91 fuel the RS pulls much harder from the Polestar but with the increased octane in the tank it was much closer!

      Quote Originally Posted by P50GT View Post
      Fun review. It would be fun to see a '15.5/16 instead of your '17 v the RS as your complaints about road feel have to do with the switch to fully electric steering for '17. The additional torque on the I6 would also make a difference in a bunch of the tests. Octane does have a huge effect on all Volvo's, not just P*'s.
      When I am only driving my Polestar I don't mind the feel of the steering wheel. It was only when I switched to driving the RS that you notice the lack of feel of the road, or shall I say the refinement in the Volvo.

      Quote Originally Posted by Str8 View Post
      You look like your in Southern California (?) I can help with comparing the differences between the I6 and the 4cyl
      I am down in San Diego so not too far my friend! Planning on doing a track day in the next month if you wanted to join us.

    12. #325
      1/8 Drag racing with the V60 Polestar, Focus RS, and an upgraded turbo Fiesta ST

      Last edited by TShirtDriving; 01-30-2018 at 01:23 AM.

    13. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10