Official Polestar Q&A thread
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Official Polestar Q&A thread

Hi everyone!

We are very glad to see the interest for Polestar at Swedespeed, so we thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can answer your questions about our cars, software, racing and more. Note that some questions must be directed to Volvo, such as delivery dates.

For anyone new to Polestar, feel free to have a look at our channels:

www.polestar.com
      www.facebook.com/polestarcars
      www.twitter.com/polestarcars
      www.instagram.com/polestarcars

Kind regards,
      Polestar
      Last edited by PolestarOfficial; 09-06-2017 at 04:56 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This is great. Thanks for signing up. Looking forward to aks some questions, once I get my car at the end of october.

Could you give us a hint how your Rebel Blue Polestar BMN 139 (sweden plate) performed in the SportAuto comparison with the S4 / 335xi and the Insignia OPC (test comes out in 10 days).

Thanks

-It has been "reported" that the Polestars 345hp/369tq numbers are underestimated, especially the torque. I imagine the real numbers are "confidential," but would I be "getting warmer" if I reiterated what was reported during the World Press drive which noted torque closer to 405tq???

-Besides cost savings, was there any other reason for using the geartronic auto versus a dual clutch unit--especially for such a "performance-oriented" car?

-Why was the US limited to just two colors--Rebel Blue and Black Sapphire, when other parts of the world were also offered White and Silver?

-What are the smallest wheel dimensions (19"?, offset? spoke design) that will clear the brakes for winter use?

-Are you folks done with the S/V60 Polestar or will there be an extra performance bump available in the future (or will the auto not handle anymore power)?
      2015.5 V60 Polestar (#62:80); 2015--F82 ///M4 [ED 6/26/14];
      2012--E92 335is*; 2011--E70 X5d; 2011--E89 Z435is*; 2009--E89 Z435i*;
      2008--E92 335i [ED 2/23/08]*; 2007--MkV GTI*; 2006--E90 330i*;
      2005--E83 X3*; 2004--E83 X3*; 2003--E46 325Ci* *retired

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
      This is great. Thanks for signing up. Looking forward to aks some questions, once I get my car at the end of october.

Could you give us a hint how your Rebel Blue Polestar BMN 139 (sweden plate) performed in the SportAuto comparison with the S4 / 335xi and the Insignia OPC (test comes out in 10 days).

Thanks
      We are glad to be here and great to hear that you are about to become a Polestar owner!

The V60 Polestar performed well in the test, but we don't know the outcome as per normal procedure in tests with independent magazines. We are just as eager as you guys to see the outcome!

Kind regards,
      Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
      -It has been "reported" that the Polestars 345hp/369tq numbers are underestimated, especially the torque. I imagine the real numbers are "confidential," but would I be "getting warmer" if I reiterated what was reported during the World Press drive which noted torque closer to 405tq???

-Besides cost savings, was there any other reason for using the geartronic auto versus a dual clutch unit--especially for such a "performance-oriented" car?

-Why was the US limited to just two colors--Rebel Blue and Black Sapphire, when other parts of the world were also offered White and Silver?

-What are the smallest wheel dimensions (19"?, offset? spoke design) that will clear the brakes for winter use?

-Are you folks done with the S/V60 Polestar or will there be an extra performance bump available in the future (or will the auto not handle anymore power)?
      1 –*The 369/500 Nm figures are correct, I'm sorry to disappoint you with that there is no confidential higher number
      2 – There is no double clutch unit currently available in the Volvo family, but we are looking at various transmission options for future models.
      3 –*The national sales companies makes the decision on colors for their respective market based on various factors unique to their market.
      4 –*The smallest wheel dimensions are 19" and we strongly recommend to use the Polestar 19" wheels as other 19" Volvo rims will not clear the brakes.
      5 –*There is no planned performance upgrade for the S/V60 Polestar.

Kind regards,
      Polestar

Thanks for the quick reply!
      I'm sure I'll have more once I take delivery, hopefully this week

Quote Originally Posted by PolestarOfficial View Post
      2 – There is no double clutch unit currently available in the Volvo family, but we are looking at various transmission options for future models.

Kind regards,
      Polestar
      SO are you saying that Volvo is going to discontinue using the Powershift transmission currently used in the diesel models?

and on a side note, please extend the Polestar tuning sale to the US like it is in Canada currently.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      SO are you saying that Volvo is going to discontinue using the Powershift transmission currently used in the diesel models?
      We are not commenting on what Volvo's plans are regarding transmission options for the future, only for Polestar

- What are Polestar's recommended winter tires? What were the requirements for deciding the winter tires? Were Nokian tires considered?

- How many Polestar S60s and V60s were allocated to Canada? I understand Canada received 12 units but I couldn't find the model count from the media articles posted on the Internet.

- Is this year's Polestar production run the last to use the T6 inline 6 cylinder engine? Will future Polestar production runs only use a Drive-E engine?
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar #15/80, Matte Rebel Blue
      1993 Volvo 850 GLT, Red, 170K miles (gift to family)
      1979 Volvo 265 GL, Blue (sold)

We are not commenting on what Volvo's plans are regarding transmission options for the future, only for Polestar
      I just thought the comment was confusing since you said there wasn't a dual clutch box currently in Volvo's lineup, but there is.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

Quote Originally Posted by Opus007 View Post
      - What are Polestar's recommended winter tires? What were the requirements for deciding the winter tires? Were Nokian tires considered?

- How many Polestar S60s and V60s were allocated to Canada? I understand Canada received 12 units but I couldn't find the model count from the media articles posted on the Internet.

- Is this year's Polestar production run the last to use the T6 inline 6 cylinder engine? Will future Polestar production runs only use a Drive-E engine?
      1 –*We recommend the following winter tires for the S/V60 Polestar: Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 235/40 R19 96W XL and Pirelli W 270 Sotto zero S2 235/40 R19 96W XL. These have been tested as thoroughly as we have tested summer tires for the car.

2 –*30 cars have been allocated to Canada.

3 –*2014 is not the last year for the T6 engine to be used. The engines to be used for coming model years/models will be revealed in due time

Thanks for taking the time to come here and answer questions. I plan on taking my V60 Polestar to the track once or twice a year for a little fun. I know you've said the cars were not desing as track day cars, but they certainly have the hardware to have fun on track. I have a couple of questions that relate to that.

1. Is the brake fluid the same as the standard S60/V60, or has it been upgraded to high-temp fluid? High-temp fluid is usually one of the first things I do prior to taking a car out on track.
      2. I've read the rear shock adjustment on the V60 is only available if you drop the rear shock from the body. Is there any way to get to it from the interior of the vehicle by removing any of the interior trim?

Thanks in advance for the response!
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar #13 | 1976 Triumph TR6

One more quick question, was the black trim at the bottom of the doors eliminated from the production models? The pictures I've seen from the early deliveries don't have seem to have it.

2 –*30 cars have been allocated to Canada
      How many S60s and V60s? It's for the "Polestar International Allocation" thread.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsxr View Post
      Thanks for taking the time to come here and answer questions. I plan on taking my V60 Polestar to the track once or twice a year for a little fun. I know you've said the cars were not desing as track day cars, but they certainly have the hardware to have fun on track. I have a couple of questions that relate to that.

1. Is the brake fluid the same as the standard S60/V60, or has it been upgraded to high-temp fluid? High-temp fluid is usually one of the first things I do prior to taking a car out on track.
      2. I've read the rear shock adjustment on the V60 is only available if you drop the rear shock from the body. Is there any way to get to it from the interior of the vehicle by removing any of the interior trim?

Thanks in advance for the response!
      1 –*The brake fluid is the same as standard T6 R-Design.
      2 –*We recommend you to have your local Volvo dealer to adjust the dampers. There is no way to adjust the dampers on the V60 from the interior.
      3 –*The black trim was evaluated on the pre-production and press cars, but did not make it to production.

Best of luck with your V60 Polestar, glad to have you in the Polestar family!

How many S60s and V60s? It's for the "Polestar International Allocation" thread.

Thanks for the quick reply.
      15 S60 and 15 V60

3 –*The black trim was evaluated on the pre-production and press cars, but did not make it to production.

Best of luck with your V60 Polestar, glad to have you in the Polestar family!
      That's too bad, I liked that detail, but it can be easily added with some black vinyl wrap.

This is fantastic to see. Nice to make your acquaintance.

Since my vehicle is only arriving in Novebmer, could you please request it be built with the roof rails attached? US market V60 vehicle #41.
      Last edited by m8o; 09-02-2014 at 12:07 PM.
      - 2015.5 V60 Polestar #41/80 (BSM)
      - '98 MB C43 AMG w/an '01 E55 AMG engine, Penske 8100 racing dampers, adjustable spring perches, euro nav, ++more
      - '88 Mercedes Benz 560SL, stock

Good call to not have that door stripe tape in production.

I see the design idea of flowing the front and rear black bumper trim through the doors. But using black stripe tape is a low quality solution. And it's a pain to keep clean and another thing to avoid when waxing. I hate the black stripe tape on my '93 850. Time to replace that car with a lovely new 2015.5 Polestar V60! Thanks for bringing this production run to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by m8o View Post
      This is fantastic to see. Nice to make your acquaintance.

Since my vehicle is only arriving in Novebmer, could you please request it be built with the roof rails attached? US market V60 vehicle #41.
      Glad to make your acquaintance as well! Unfortunately though, roof rails are not an option for the V60 Polestar.

Good call to not have that door stripe tape in production.

I see the design idea of flowing the front and rear black bumper trim through the doors. But using black stripe tape is a low quality solution. And it's a pain to keep clean and another thing to avoid when waxing. I hate the black stripe tape on my '93 850. Time to replace that car with a lovely new 2015.5 Polestar V60! Thanks for bringing this production run to the U.S.
      Thank you for ordering one of our cars!

Glad to make your acquaintance as well! Unfortunately though, roof rails are not an option for the V60 Polestar.
      I know. I'm requesting that that be changed ... ... and changed in-time so that my car can have them affixed by the factory.

No problem; I know that won't happen. But it's the only thing I wish was different from how the vehicle will be equipped, so using this means of letting the powers that be know.

Thanx for listening.
      - 2015.5 V60 Polestar #41/80 (BSM)
      - '98 MB C43 AMG w/an '01 E55 AMG engine, Penske 8100 racing dampers, adjustable spring perches, euro nav, ++more
      - '88 Mercedes Benz 560SL, stock

I have purchased polestar sedan #40 black sapphire. Are there any workshop manuals available ? Are any other wheel rims available? What is your opinion on Nokian tires for the polestar?

Thanks

Polestar #44 V60. This will be my 8th Volvo, pretty excited. No other car pushes all the buttons like the Polestar V60 does for me, cancelled an order for a Porsche Macan Turbo for this car. Long story, thought I had a Polestar V60, then didn't, then did, Porsche was a distant second. Nonetheless, development will continue on these cars, I assume other Polestar offerings will be forthcoming, can we look forward to any retrofit upgrades down the line as you refine and further tweak these cars? A car is always a work in progress, there's always room for improvement.
      1982 Volvo GLT w/ small block V8, T5 manual tranny and a bunch of stuff. to handle and go fast
      Gone and totaled V50 with a few mods, K16, Enem cams 3' DP and cat back, KW V2 coilovers, etc. I miss that one
      2015.5 Polestar V60 BSM #44/80

I'm not with Polestar but I have driven on the Michelin super sports since they came out, on two different S60RD. The ride is great and the handling is beyond great. There is no way to find their limits on the street.
      POLESTAR 1

I'm hoping you were involved with SPA. I'm holding out for a manual gearbox before I buy again. The C30 RDesign is great but I would love a Polestar S60 with a proper manual box. Will you ever sell the Polestar rims seperatly?
      06 S40 2.4i

Quote Originally Posted by silvfox View Post
      I have purchased polestar sedan #40 black sapphire. Are there any workshop manuals available ? Are any other wheel rims available? What is your opinion on Nokian tires for the polestar?

Thanks
      We have two wheel rims available for the S/V60 Polestar, the 20" and 19". There are many good winter tires out there, but we recommend, as mentioned above the Michelin Pilot Alpin and Pirelli Sotto Zero S2. They have been selected by our team of test drivers to suit the car best.

Good luck with your S60 Polestar, the Black Sapphire looks really good on the sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Treevar View Post
      I'm hoping you were involved with SPA. I'm holding out for a manual gearbox before I buy again. The C30 RDesign is great but I would love a Polestar S60 with a proper manual box. Will you ever sell the Polestar rims seperatly?
      So far the Polestar rims are only for the S/V60 Polestar. But we are looking at making accessories available, we will update you guys as soon as there is more information available.

Quote Originally Posted by madden View Post
      Polestar #44 V60. This will be my 8th Volvo, pretty excited. No other car pushes all the buttons like the Polestar V60 does for me, cancelled an order for a Porsche Macan Turbo for this car. Long story, thought I had a Polestar V60, then didn't, then did, Porsche was a distant second. Nonetheless, development will continue on these cars, I assume other Polestar offerings will be forthcoming, can we look forward to any retrofit upgrades down the line as you refine and further tweak these cars? A car is always a work in progress, there's always room for improvement.
      Great to hear that you have selected to go for the V60 Polestar, looking forward to hear your impressions after your first drive!

We will keep you updated should there be any upgrades or similar available for the S/V60 Polestar cars further on.

Thanks for bringing Polestar representation to Swedespeed! We already have ~20% of the U.S. Polestar owners listed in our Polestar registry. I'm certain that will grow as owners take possession of their Polestar and discover Swedespeed.

I have some feedback rather than questions for this message.

1) The U.S. Polestar brochure has many mistakes and omissions:
      http://esd.volvocars.com/local/us/Po...rochure-v1.pdf

In Wheels and Tires (page 19) the Polestar recommended winter setup (19" Polestar rim and Michelin/Pirelli tires) is missing. We do have winters in the U.S. and we will drive our Polestars in all seasons.

In the Facts and Figures (pages 22 & 23) there are some incorrect/missing items. In fact page 22 looks like a draft that wasn't reviewed before being published.

2) Please manufacture extra Polestar front air splitters and rear diffusers that Polestar owners can buy as replacement parts. Those parts are most likely to get damaged from roads. We have some extremely side sloped roads in California that always eat front air dams/splitters when turning into/from these roads.
      Last edited by Opus007; 09-03-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Thanks for bringing Polestar representation to Swedespeed! We already have ~20% of the U.S. Polestar owners listed in our Polestar registry. I'm certain that will grow as owners take possession of their Polestar and discover Swedespeed.

I have some feedback rather than questions for this message.

1) The U.S. Polestar brochure has many mistakes and omissions:
      http://esd.volvocars.com/local/us/Po...rochure-v1.pdf

In Wheels and Tires (page 19) the Polestar recommended winter setup (19" Polestar rim and Michelin/Pirelli tires) is missing. We do have winters in the U.S. and we will drive our Polestars in all seasons.

In the Facts and Figures (pages 22 & 23) there are some incorrect/missing items. In fact page 22 looks like a draft that wasn't reviewed before being published.

2) Please manufacture extra Polestar front air splitters and rear diffusers that Polestar owners can buy as replacement parts. Those parts are most likely to get damaged from roads. We have some extremely side sloped roads in California that always eat front air dams/splitters when turning into/from these roads.
      1 – Thanks for the feedback, it looks like an older draft version has been posted by mistake. We will look into it asap!

2 –*The front splitter, rear diffusor, etc. will be available as spare parts just as on any normal Volvo.

It appears there is conflicting info regarding the tire size.
      Your website (the next polestar) notes 245/35/20, but the following pic notes 265/35/20?
      Also, how wide is the rim 20x8 or is it wider? And is the offset of et53 (which is noted on your website) correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
      It appears there is conflicting info regarding the tire size.
      Your website (the next polestar) notes 245/35/20, but the following pic notes 265/35/20?
      Also, how wide is the rim 20x8 or is it wider? And is the offset of et53 (which is noted on your website) correct?
      The 265/35/20 tyres were fitted on a pre-production show car as part of testing various tire/rim sizes.

The final selection came on the tires as stated on our website: 245/35/20. The rims are 8x20" with offset ET53.

The 265/35/20 tyres were fitted on a pre-production show car as part of testing various tire/rim sizes.

The final selection came on the tires as stated on our website: 245/35/20. The rims are 8x20" with offset ET53.
      Thanks
      Curious why you guys ultimately decided on 245 from 265?

Polestar #39 V60
      Can actual build dates be associated with our Polestar numbers?
      Thanks!
      2015.5 #39 BSM V60 Polestar arrived 11-24-2014
      2004 V70R GT: SOLD Silver+Nordkap, Premium Sound+Subwoofer, Motorola BT, iMIV, IPD Stage II - DP - HDTCV, Kelly CAI, BMC, 10MM Spacers, Volvo DEM heat shield, '06 V70R console

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast