Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
      Thanks. Will plan to visit.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by first_Volvo_2018 View Post
      What is Salt & Sill and where is it?
      We are staying one night in Gothenburg (Sunday). On Monday we will pick up the vehicle and drive north to Fjällbacka and stay there for four nights and three days. May not be able to drive to Lakco Slott.
      It's the castle. Right? Do we get to see it from inside?

Thank you for the suggestions and information. I will make sure to turn all indicators on when we leave the factory.
      Salt & Sill is in Kladesholmen about half way from Fjallbacka and Gothenburg. Known for great food and scenery. They run a floating hotel. This was taken from the top deck of the hotel. You can just see our XC40 between the buildings.
      Lakco Slott is east of you, about 50 miles on Vatern Lake. Might be a good day trip to stretch your car 's legs. You can still go into castle and there is a guided tour. If you manage to work it into your trip, you'll not be disappointed. Be sure to take the obligatory OSD Volvo picture and post it at https:forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?582201-OSD-Traditional-Proff-Picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone bike out to any of the islands, before heading to the US? We have 24 hours to kill.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

City introduction bike tours (including bike rentals) sometimes get great reviews, so we are doing one in Stockholm, may do one in Copenhagen, and have rented bikes for 2 weeks in Visby. All are run of the mill bikes compared to Pinarella Dogma's with DI2 we rented in Italy. We leave next week, so I'll look for you on July 1 at the FDC.

thanks for the bike tip...cannot wait to read your posts

We have two stays in G'burgl arrival and departure. We have our arrival at Clarion Post but want to mix it up for the return. Thinking Hotel Eggers or Hotel Flora. Any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by caribchakita View Post
      We have two stays in G'burgl arrival and departure. We have our arrival at Clarion Post but want to mix it up for the return. Thinking Hotel Eggers or Hotel Flora. Any comments?
      Same here, we're thinking the Gothia Towers

Quote Originally Posted by DC Ross View Post
      Same here, we're thinking the Gothia Towers
      As I remember reading, they are known for their shrimp sandwiches!!!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

I highly recommend The Avalon if you need an additional hotel stay. It is part of Nordic Club so do join and get some perks which can include drink vouchers or upgrades. It is well located and has a great hip vibe. Windows open and it's clean. We were offered free early check in as well. Our night was 190 USD with breakfast and fees.

Long-term parking options

Thanks for the local information! I have a OSD delivery date later this summer. My husband and I are currently expats in Europe and have a car here that we will be driving to Gothenburg. We'll then fly back to the US for a couple weeks with family before using the OSD tickets to fly back to Gothenburg. Is there a secure (ideally cheap) parking option for leaving a car for two weeks? Priorities are security, price, and then proximity to airport or OSD hotel or Volvo.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8