MyNameIdeasWereTaken C30 Progression Thread - Page 8
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
      Nice wheel choice and even better with the brushed lip! Can't wait to see them mounted!

Very nice teaser shot by the way!
      Last edited by CaselxASD; 07-31-2015 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added props for the slick teaser shot :D
      2011 Titanium Grey V50 T5
      Stage 3 Shark Tune | E-Focus Mount | H&R Springs | BBS CF Wheels | BFGoodrich Tires | Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar | SPC Rear Camber Arms | K&N Intake Pipe | Elevate Intake | do88 Big Pack | Becker DP | Prosport Evo Boost Gauge | Ext/Interior LEDs | Custom Door Pins

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      TSW Carthage 18x8 ET+40, I brushed the lip since I didn't like the polished finish.

MyNameIdeasWereTaken C30 Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      GT500 hood vent, #AR3Z16C630AA

I'm like it but a question
      Water go inside when raining?
      I m thinking to do something similar of your, using or a elevate s60 hood grille or the stock focus rs

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

No problem with water when driving. Water does get in when parked in the rain, but it hasn't proven to be an issue for the last 3 months, and we've seen a good bit of rain here.

Compared to how saturated the Evo engine bays become with all their massive hood vents, it's nothing.

Did u feel some difference of temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by DEATH View Post
      Did u feel some difference of temperature?
      Nothing you feel while driving, but heat billows out of the vent. After a recent AutoX event, the other C30s all popped their hot hoods to cool off, I could physically touch my hood without in burning my hand.

I know what mean hot hood hahahah

For everyone who has asked about my $3 wiper delete...

Flat top carriage bolt
      Rubber grommet cut to fit the hole
      Rubber washer
      Metal washer
      (smaller metal washer because the metal washer I bought had a hole larger than my nut)
      Nut

Porsche 70mm Throttle Body Install

Bought it for $56 shipped off ebay after making an offer on one of the $75 units. Part # 98660511501

Removing the Volvo 65mm throttle body was easy:

Porsche throttle body on left, Volvo throttle body on right:

There's not a huge lip on this TB, but you'll still be able to fit the band clamp and get it nice and snug. You will also need extended screws. M6x1.0 50mm long for the Elevate intake manifold. I have been told that you'll need different threaded screws for stock.

Fitting the silicone/rubber hose back on will be a fight. Be patient and make sure it fits in place.

This is honestly a very noticeable improvement. 5mm doesn't seem like much, but that's 8% larger than the stock TB. Around town, not really noticeable. But anything over 4k RPM and it takes off like a rocket. Wide open throttle is where you can feel more air being sucked in and the butt dyno registers a nice bump in power.

But please note, I have an upgraded FMIC, silicone piping, larger intercooler hard pipe kit, and an upgraded intake manifold. If you still have stock parts before and/or after the throttle body, you may not notice as much of an improvement.

Is this the 70mm TB Tuners are selling for a lot of money?
      Volvo S40 T5 AWD M66 2006 | Elevate Bodykit | HRE C97 19x8.5 Wheels | MTE Custom Tune | Reinforced Engine | KW Coilovers V1 | HJS Cat | FMS Exhaust | Carbon Fiber Trim | Elevate Intake Manifold | LS-Auto / MTE Turbo Intake Pipe | BMC/CDA Carbon Airbox |

Bought it for $56 shipped off ebay after making an offer on one of the $75 units. Part # 98660511501

There's not a huge lip on this TB, but you'll still be able to fit the band clamp and get it nice and snug. You will also need extended screws. M6x1.0 50mm long.

Fitting the silicone/rubber hose back on will be a fight. Be patient and make sure it fits in place.

This is honestly a very noticeable improvement. 5mm doesn't seem like much, but that's 8% larger than the stock TB. Around town, not really noticeable. But anything over 4k RPM and it takes off like a rocket. Wide open throttle is where you can feel more air being sucked in and the butt dyno registers a nice bump in power.

But please note, I have an upgraded FMIC, silicone piping, larger intercooler hard pipe kit, and an upgraded intake manifold. If you still have stock parts before and/or after the throttle body, you may not notice as much of an improvement.
      Good job guy

Quote Originally Posted by Black-Volv93 View Post
      Is this the 70mm TB Tuners are selling for a lot of money?
      I'm not sure. I know many parts suppliers sell it for ~$700, Porsche is asking over $1300.
      Considering that it's a plug and play item on our cars, it probably is. I know this exact part was brought up a few times in the past at a discounted price of $250.
      I don't think it's worth $250, but it was definitely worth $56 (used with a warranty). Original Bosch unit.

Good job guy
      Thanks

There's not a huge lip on this TB, but you'll still be able to fit the band clamp and get it nice and snug. You will also need extended screws. M6x1.0 50mm long.

Do you kno if this will bolt up on my s40 with factory plenum
      06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD 6 Speed: k&n typhoon intake, viva performance cat-back exhaust, forge cbv, IPDHD tcv, e-focus torque mount, JDM intercooler, all 2.5" aluminum intercooler piping, 3" Euro Sport Tuning downpipe, SPEC single mass flywheel stock clutch

Quote Originally Posted by cherman2011 View Post
      Do you kno if this will bolt up on my s40 with factory plenum
      As long as it's a T5, it will no problem. The Elevate part is designed to fit with the stock manifold no issue as well, you'll just need the longer screws for the 70mm TB.
      Not sure what kind of gains you'll see with the stock unit though, as that will still be restricting air flow after the throttle body.

As long as it's a T5, it will no problem. The Elevate part is designed to fit with the stock manifold no issue as well, you'll just need the longer screws for the 70mm TB.
      Not sure what kind of gains you'll see with the stock unit though, as that will still be restricting air flow after the throttle body.
      I have the fmic and the tubings on the way, I just can't justify the price for the elevate plenum but for 250$ I have a shop willing to try and make a custom one. I have any this just to say I have a Porsche part on my Volvo

"Embody god... Then go crazy"
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Shadow") |ELEVATE 3" Intake, 2.5" Charge Pipe, Intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, TCV, Turbosmart CBV, Turbosmart Actuator, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Enkie PDC Wheels wrapped in 225/45/18 Sentury UHP||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|"embody God, then go crazy"

I'm not sure. I know many parts suppliers sell it for ~$700, Porsche is asking over $1300.
      Considering that it's a plug and play item on our cars, it probably is. I know this exact part was brought up a few times in the past at a discounted price of $250.
      I don't think it's worth $250, but it was definitely worth $56 (used with a warranty). Original Bosch unit.

Thanks
      Ok sounds promising. But how did you find out that it would fit. Did you just give it a try? Or did you had a hint?
      Volvo S40 T5 AWD M66 2006 | Elevate Bodykit | HRE C97 19x8.5 Wheels | MTE Custom Tune | Reinforced Engine | KW Coilovers V1 | HJS Cat | FMS Exhaust | Carbon Fiber Trim | Elevate Intake Manifold | LS-Auto / MTE Turbo Intake Pipe | BMC/CDA Carbon Airbox |

Ok sounds promising. But how did you find out that it would fit. Did you just give it a try? Or did you had a hint?
      There had been talk about this upgrade years ago on SwedeSpeed. Problem was, I don't think anyone upgraded JUST the throttle body; it was always people upgrading the throttle body with the intake piping, or with the manifold. There was never a review of before/after with just the throttle body change. But there was confirmation that it fit, both of Bosch units with the same connector.

I wasn't willing to spend big money to test it out, but a guy on C30Crew stumbled on the deal so I pounced on it.

As many have requested, here is a picture of the underside of the hood with the GT500 vent.

As many have requested, here is a picture of the underside of the hood with the GT500 vent.

I have been thinking about installing this hood vent or something like it on my s40. How hard was it to cut out the hood and what did you measure off of?
      06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD 6 Speed: k&n typhoon intake, viva performance cat-back exhaust, forge cbv, IPDHD tcv, e-focus torque mount, JDM intercooler, all 2.5" aluminum intercooler piping, 3" Euro Sport Tuning downpipe, SPEC single mass flywheel stock clutch

Quote Originally Posted by cherman2011 View Post
      I have been thinking about installing this hood vent or something like it on my s40. How hard was it to cut out the hood and what did you measure off of?
      Super easy to cut the hood, I just made my own template with paper and tape once I had the vent in my possession. A friend of mine mounted his more towards the back of the hood, which meant there was no cutting on the underside; it was all hidden under the thick lower "bar."

Nice ok im still on the fence about it i really like how it looks though i do want to look around for other ideas to see if there is anything else that catches my eye

Upgraded to Hotchkis heavy duty billet aluminum sway bar bushing brackets. Thanks Brian!

Those bushing and brackets are awesome on my hotchkis.
      2008 Passion Red C30 6 Speed M/T
      V1 with Preferred, Climate Package and Dynaudio.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

Today, I think I finally fixed my clutch issues. The rubber seal had separated from the reservoir cap. Ordered a new cap off FCPEuro, tightened it down. My clutch feels better than ever! Super firm, easy to shift. The engagement point remains the same, before it would jump all over the place and I would often grind the gears when it decided to engage 1cm from the floor rather than 3cm from the top.

Fingers crossed that I won't have any more issues with it. Pretty much everything has been replaced at this point.

Mishimoto Aluminum Coolant Reservoir

Finally finished up my aluminum coolant reservoir project.

There are a few good options for the MkII RS, but shipping and taxes from Europe bring it to over $300! Plug and play though....

http://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/...d_focus_rs_mk2
      and

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/inde...roduct_id=2604

After some research, I discovered that the 2015 Mustang (more mustang parts for my car!) uses a similar inlet/outlet setup on the coolant tank.
      Mishimoto has the best tank for the money, plus their lifetime warranty.

http://www.mishimoto.com/ford-mustan...tank-2015.html
      I got a much better deal on ebay, which made this upgrade well worth it.

Also had to get a Mustang reservoir cap part# DG9Z8100A
      http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/musta...=reservoir-cap
      I just bought mine from the local dealer for a whopping $6.20

Unfortunately, a lot of modifying would be required to get this to fit in the stock location of our engine bays...
      I also tried Mishimoto's WRX tank, but the inlet/outlets were not the correct size and the tank was also 2/3rds the size of stock. This mustang tank is a bit later than stock, which is nice.

I ended up building a bracket where my battery used to sit, rerouted the plumbing, and so far it has been functioning properly. Now I'll never have to worry about it cracking on Cherohala skyway.

Is this the same for all C30, or was there a EMS change with the generation change?

Quote Originally Posted by lookforjoe View Post
      Is this the same for all C30, or was there a EMS change with the generation change?
      It'll be the same for all T5 P1s.

I almost forgot! Also swapped in my Massive end links.

Do you have a part number please?

Do you have a part number please?
      I do not... Same part for the Focus ST and Mazda 3. But I would highly discourage buying these... I had problems both with product quality and customer service.
      Honestly, the $20 Autozone end link replacements have lasted longer than any others I've owned. Plus, some Autozones will offer a lifetime warranty on parts.

I do not... Same part for the Focus ST and Mazda 3. But I would highly discourage buying these... I had problems both with product quality and customer service.
      Honestly, the $20 Autozone end link replacements have lasted longer than any others I've owned. Plus, some Autozones will offer a lifetime warranty on parts.
      Oh good to know! Thanks! Will look for ithers then!

But that of autozone are adjustabe?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

But that of autozone are adjustabe?
      Autozone's aren't adjustable. But that was the weak point of these endlinks and what broke within a month for me. Even the smallest of bumps caused a hideous clunk.
      Because I didn't have a "professional" install my endlinks, it was suggested that the cause of failure was from installing them incorrectly, but I could order another new set! They only sell them in pairs...
      I currently have thicker than stock OEM style end links and they have been great!

Do u have some pics about your modify fog light grille ?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast