What did you do with your Polestar today? - Page 37
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37
    Results 1,261 to 1,283 of 1283
      Quote Originally Posted by mtnpolestar View Post
      You might want to look into Rotora's Polestar big brake upgrade for the rear (also for the front). It would probably be less expensive and the freight would be way less expensive (from Calif vs Philippines).
      Rear setup in picture below and also their rear caliper to match the front Brembo OEM look.
      Attachment 51795

Attachment 51797
      I priced out both units and the rotora’s are more expensive... the playground tuning I was quoted at $1900 US and the rotora’s I was quoted at $2500 us on sale but that sale has ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
      I priced out both units and the rotora’s are more expensive... the playground tuning I was quoted at $1900 US and the rotora’s I was quoted at $2500 us on sale but that sale has ended.

What's the regular price?
      2017 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by Venth View Post
      What's the regular price?
      From what I can recall the regular price was $3500 US for the rear brake setup

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post

Listed below is the quote I received from Playground Tuning for their 6 pot rear big brake setup. I decided I did not want that "large" of a brake setup in the rear as it is almost the same as the front and might
      upset the brake balance too much. Plus, getting replacement pads for them from Singapore might be a hassle. I went with Rotora and paid the same price as the Playground quote, plus 4 piston rears and I
      think the pad replacement is much easier as Rotora is close and other pads (Carbotech) will fit the Rotora calipers. I realize that the Rotora price has gone up. Also, Rotora only does brakes and a lot of them,
      Playground is more of a tuning shop so I felt better with a full on brake manufacturer.

Playground Tuning Quote for rears EPB for 19”:
      M6P 365*28mm = USD 2150
      M6P 380*28mm = USD 2260
      Upgrade to Floating rotors +USD 200

A full set includes:
      - EPB Brake calipers * 2pcs
      - 2-pcs rotors * 2 pcs(optional for floating rotors)
      - Caliper mounting brackets * 2 pcs
      - Brake pads(street) * 1 set(4 pcs)(optional for sport pads)
      - Brake lines * 2 pcs

Ps. The price above doesn’t include delivery fee and custom tax
      Last edited by mtnpolestar; 06-01-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Listed below is the quote I received from Playground Tuning for their 6 pot rear big brake setup. I decided I did not want that "large" of a brake setup in the rear as it is almost the same as the front and might
      upset the brake balance too much. Plus, getting replacement pads for them from Singapore might be a hassle. I went with Rotora and paid the same price as the Playground quote, plus 4 piston rears and I
      think the pad replacement is much easier as Rotora is close and other pads (Carbotech) will fit the Rotora calipers. I realize that the Rotora price has gone up. Also, Rotora only does brakes and a lot of them,
      Playground is more of a tuning shop so I felt better with a full on brake manufacturer.

M6P 365*28mm = USD 2150
      M6P 380*28mm = USD 2260

A full set includes:
      - Brake lines * 2 pcs

It seems playground tuning makes up prices. I know a few people who have asked for a price and all got different prices for the same setup.

M6P 365*28mm = USD 2150
      M6P 380*28mm = USD 2260

A full set includes:
      - Brake lines * 2 pcs

Playground tuning's kit runs APracing's CP5200 pads that I've already swapped in ferodo's DS2500 compound.
      This is the same pad footprint as Rotora's kit. But you know, 2 more pistons = massive brake torque right. I paid $2600 all-in for my kit with $400 shipping to New York and a $60 import charge.

Rotora's kit is non starter for me; I don't cut structural components of my suspension.
      Our trailing arm's strength comes from the bends in the stamped steel and cutting the knuckle is asking for a bent suspension.
      2017 V60 P*

Upgraded the rears to what the factory should have done. 355mm slotted rotors with 4 piston calipers with integrated EPB. This is the Rotora BBK. I highly recommend having a quality shop do the conversion.
      The stopping difference is quite impressive. No more front end diving when slamming on the brakes, the car just squats and makes a quick level straight stop. The car is way more balanced when making a sudden
      stop. Really like the symmetry now with the front brakes.

20190611_132029a.jpgDSC_0021a.jpg

What did you do with your Polestar today?

Gloss black powder coating Polestar emblems have faded away
      -

A small irony to Polestar as it was known

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2013 xc60 R-Design Rebel Blue

Nice picture! But couldn't you have shot it on Level P3! hahahaha.....

My good buddy Puredrive07 helped me detail my car this weekend. He applied Adam's Polishes Ceramic Spray Coating, followed by Adam's Polishes Ceramic Boost.

Rebel Yell • 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar • Rebel Blue The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Confederate soldiers used the yell during charges to intimidate the enemy.

Noticed the one of the front bushings were pretty done. Swapped out the entire control arm today.
      Rest in peace little guy; I have not been kind to you.

Here's what the old bushing looks like compared to the new one.

2017 V60 P*

Awaiting Approval
      Changed the interior light bulbs to LED’s and added the polestar projector lights under door.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappadabas View Post
      Changed the interior light bulbs to LED’s and added the polestar projector lights under door.
      Welcome to the forum! Happy to see those P* puddle lights are still available.
      I see a warm glow in the footwell and would like to suggest a swap to either these (cheaper but I found them to be a very tight fit)
      or
      Volvo part #1286317 (marked for 3500K bright white color)

Cheers
      2017 V60 P*

Had her wrapped with 3M Satin Flip Ghost Pearl with Gloss Black on the roof

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Looks great. What wheels are those?
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Das hott. I’m a sucker for white cars and those wheels suit the car very well. Curious about wheel/ tire size info, too.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Quote Originally Posted by Espen92 View Post
      Had her wrapped with 3M Satin Flip Ghost Pearl with Gloss Black on the roof

Can you show the roof wrap from a top view? I'm interested in seeing how you tied it in with the rear spoiler. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Das hott. I’m a sucker for white cars and those wheels suit the car very well. Curious about wheel/ tire size info, too.
      Wheels are Savini SV-F2 20x8.5 ET45 on 245/35 Goodyear Eagle F1.
      Quote Originally Posted by NHPolestar View Post
      Can you show the roof wrap from a top view? I'm interested in seeing how you tied it in with the rear spoiler. Thanks!
      This is the only photo I have at the moment, but I can take a better one later.

Quote Originally Posted by Espen92 View Post
      Wheels are Savini SV-F2 20x8.5 ET45 on 245/35 Goodyear Eagle F1.This is the only photo I have at the moment, but I can take a better one later.

No, that's perfect. thank you.

I installed a Rebel Blue start/stop button to match my exterior paint color! PS - It is also available in red.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3297...chweb201603_53

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 11-10-2019 at 12:05 PM.
      Rebel Yell • 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar • Rebel Blue The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Confederate soldiers used the yell during charges to intimidate the enemy.

That's cool.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Venth View Post
      Noticed the one of the front bushings were pretty done. Swapped out the entire control arm today.
      Rest in peace little guy; I have not been kind to you.

Here's what the old bushing looks like compared to the new one.

How difficult is it to change out the control arms?
      15 Volvo XC60 R-Design Platinum Pearl White Metallic, POLESTAR EXHAUST TDI Tuning Box, POLESTAR TUNED , IPD Rear Sway Bar and links, IPD POLY TORQUE ROD Koni FSD's, Eibach Loweing Springs, Powerflex Torque Bushing, Bloxsport wheel spacers
      Sold: 2008 Volvo C30 2.0 Java/Cosmic White, Manual, Elevate Tune, Weird OEM Mood Lighting Kit, EST Catback Exhaust, Koni STR.T, H&R Springs, Injen Intake, 19' BBS SR Wheels, Ion Yellow Fogs,
      SoldL 2006 Volvo V70R, Magic Blue, Stock

One of my buddies owns a customs shop in Buffalo, NY (The Lab NA) and installed hood vents on someone's black Polestar (I think an S60). Looks pretty good, just can't believe they cut holes in the hood! lol
      2015 Crystal White Pearl S60 T6 R-Design
      KPAX Catback Exhaust
      Powerflex Torque Rod Insert
      IPD Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks
      18" Polestar Replicas

26. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37