What did you do with your Polestar today? - Page 38
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38
    Results 1,296 to 1,314 of 1314
      Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Looks so hot! Link to the side skirts? Do they also make a front lower splitter like the OEM CF? If I was closer, I would have puredrive07 clean my engine bay!
      Yes, here is their front splitter. https://maxtondesign.com/product-eng...-Facelift.html

20200403_090608-1A_resized.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks so hot! Link to the side skirts? Do they also make a front lower splitter like the OEM CF? If I was closer, I would have puredrive07 clean my engine bay!
      Thanks bud. Here is the link to the rocker panel side skirts: https://maxtondesign.com/product-eng...-Facelift.html

They also make a front splitter: https://maxtondesign.com/product-eng...-Facelift.html
      Rebel Yell • 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar • Rebel Blue The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Confederate soldiers used the yell during charges to intimidate the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Damn, that looks good. Wow! Great work all around.
      Thank you! You would never know my car has 65,000 miles on it by looking at it! Even mechanically it feels like new!
      Rebel Yell • 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar • Rebel Blue The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Confederate soldiers used the yell during charges to intimidate the enemy.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
      Thanks bud. Here is the link to the rocker panel side skirts: https://maxtondesign.com/product-eng...-Facelift.html

They also make a front splitter: https://maxtondesign.com/product-eng...-Facelift.html
      Thanks! Did you buy them through their site? They don't look to be US friendly in terms of pricing...
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Former:

2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

Thanks! Did you buy them through their site? They don't look to be US friendly in terms of pricing...
      I purchased them through Ebay, where Maxton has a store. I believe the pricing comes out to about the same when you convert the currency. I had no issues with the transaction. I felt comfortable because I had the purchase protection via Paypal and Ebay. Below is the link if you want to order them through Ebay. I am very happy with the purchase and pleased with how they look. I had a local body shop install them for only $80. *Footnote - The listing says they are for the V60, but they fit the S60 perfectly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDE-SKIRTS....c100290.m3507
      Last edited by Rebel Yell; 06-11-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by odiespankers07 View Post
      How difficult is it to change out the control arms?
      Hey dude,

Just got back from a break and saw your question. I find the job pretty average in difficulty to work on; some raw strength is needed but I got both sides done solo in 3 hours.
      Taking out the control arm is very easy. It's fitting it back is where the difficulty lies.

Some lessons learned:
      Don't push or pull the knuckle too far from center if you don't want to crack your strut bearing housing and make this an even more expensive job.
      Fasten the leading edge (towards the front of the car) of the control arm first to the sub frame before doing the rear bolts.
      A 3 pound sledgehammer (brass if you don't want to leave marks on your knuckle) will make breaking the ball joint from the knuckle easier and significantly faster.
      Control arm prying tool is well worth it and are not very expensive.

Doing the following will also make your job easier
      - jack up the entire front of the car as opposed to jacking up one corner.
      - support the car high enough to allow for good clearance to pull down the control arm

If you jack up only one corner of the car, you'll run into issues when putting the control arm back on. The nuts and bolts holding the rear of the control arm also holds the front anti sway bar mount and bushings. With the car lopsided, you'll put the roll bar under load.

On clearance, the higher you jack up the car; the easier it will be to fit the new ball joint back into the knuckle. I've helped some local V60 owners with their control arms and seen them jack up the knuckle at the tie rod mounting point to create more clearance.
      Last edited by Venth; 06-17-2020 at 05:41 PM.
      2017 V60 P*

Today I ordered some 350mm Two piece rear discs. Got bracket drawn up just need to make them. It should fill the rims a bit better and match the front. Plus give a bit better braking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flute View Post
      Today I ordered some 350mm Two piece rear discs. Got bracket drawn up just need to make them. It should fill the rims a bit better and match the front. Plus give a bit better braking.
      Here are my 350mm rear discs and they do fill the wheels much nicer than the OEM 302mm rotors. So what caliper are you using with the 350mm rotors?

20200601_084155_resizedb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mtnpolestar View Post
      Here are my 350mm rear discs and they do fill the wheels much nicer than the OEM 302mm rotors. So what caliper are you using with the 350mm rotors?

20200601_084155_resizedb.jpg
      They look great. I'm sticking with the standard calipers. Don't want the hassle of changing them. Having the disc offset by 8mm so can use a straight 8mm bracket to move the caliper out.

They look great. I'm sticking with the standard calipers. Don't want the hassle of changing them. Having the disc offset by 8mm so can use a straight 8mm bracket to move the caliper out.
      Let us see the finished product. It will be interesting to see what you've done. I have not heard of anyone using the stock caliper and then making a new bracket to allow a 350mm rotor to be installed and also retain the OEM caliper with the much larger rotor.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnpolestar View Post
      Let us see the finished product. It will be interesting to see what you've done. I have not heard of anyone using the stock caliper and then making a new bracket to allow a 350mm rotor to be installed and also retain the OEM caliper with the much larger rotor.
      Will do . Discs are being made at the minute.

Will do . Discs are being made at the minute.
      Nice!! Who are you getting them from?
      2002 V70 2.4T - EST exhaust/Elbrus 18x8s/Conti DW/Eibach/Koni FSD/Polk Audio/Boston Acoustics/Infinity -beater duty now
      2013 XC60 T6R-design- IPD exhaust- Ice White [email protected] mph
      2015.5 V60 Polestar- Black- do88/TDI/GFB/APATuned DownPipe/AirBox Mods/Elevate rear bar/Project6gr 19x9.5-275/35/19 [email protected] mph
      2008 XC70 3.2

Mopar Tech

Well, for the last 4 months my V60 Polestar has sat on the drive. Due to a lack of opportunity or need to use it due to Covid 19 travel restrictions, and a tax bill of around £45 ( $55) per month just to be able to use it on the road in the UK, even if you drive it or not.. Very sad. I did wash and polish it a few times, start it every couple of weeks, put it in manual mode to be sure the exhaust actuators haven't seized, rev it and annoy the neighbours and their dogs ! 15,000 miles in January, just under 15,300 now.

Quote Originally Posted by BellevilleV70 View Post
      Nice!! Who are you getting them from?
      Reyland motor sport in the UK

Changed oil...

Changed oil... Doing it myself for the first time in the past ~20 years I made all kinds of silly mistakes: a bit of spillage, a bit of attempts to overtighten oil filter (darn!). Spent lots of time trying to bolt the bulky aluminium skid plate back to its place (now I can easily see why a mechanic assigned to do my oil would not like me).

Replaced engine filter (that went easy)... Next is cabin air filter.

Test-fitted new HRE wheels (even though greggma has done so already)...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H6X...ew?usp=sharing

They are 23.4 lbs if you're curious about their weight. And their load rating is 735kg (~97 in terms of tire load index).

BTW, does anyone have any idea what this sound is?
      https://youtu.be/MURNmdGMG74
      This only happened once after I stopped the engine and and lasted for several minutes until I started the car again.
      Last edited by captain oblivion; 10-18-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Wow, that doesn't sound good. I have no idea what it could be.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Wow, that doesn't sound good. I have no idea what it could be.
      Yikes. Sounds like a spun bearing. I hope that isn’t the case.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

I bought my Polestar today, picking it up next week. 2020 V60 in White, CPO’d with 4,000 miles. Now I have to find some winter wheels that’ll fit. Seems to be quite difficult.

Came from a BMW M2 and wanted some practicality and AWD. Third Volvo I’ve owned. I’ve never kept a car longer than 2 years, but this may stay a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Yikes. Sounds like a spun bearing. I hope that isn’t the case.
      The engine was off. To me this sounded like a solenoid trying to open or close something and not registering success in the computer so it would try over and over. But I can't come up with anything that requires closing after the engine is turned off.

My car had a few weird glitches recently - would not turn hazard lights off (it took disconnecting the battery to stop blinking!). The central console would freeze (reported by several other people, hopefully fixed by the last software update), and finally this one. Makes me wonder if I should return it after the lease is over. I was set to keep it since I like the car and I bought a bunch of things for the car for years to come. On the other hand among other things I bought a 10y VIP extended warranty, so hopefully this will be covered if this happens again or becomes a frequent issue ..

22. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38