2016 XC90 configurator is now live!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2016 XC90 configurator is now live!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So fully loaded with First Edition options comes out to the same price as the First Edition minus the little extra First Edition exclusive 'touches' like amber stitching on the dash, rear badge, numbered sill plates, charcoal roof liner etc.

Thanks for posting it was up online btw,

Edit: They need to fix the interior option for Amber and Charcoal Nappa perforated leather, the images are opposite their selections for those two.
      Last edited by Paradox; 11-18-2014 at 10:39 AM.
      Currently Own:

2018 Volvo XC60 Inscription — Replaced my 2016 XC90 First Edition

2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum — Replaced my 2017 Audi Q7

The U.S. Specs page is also live: http://www.volvocars.com/us/all-cars...-features.aspx

They still list the MPG as 0, guess the government still hasn't tested it yet. Interested to see how it gets rated here.
      Currently Own:

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

4394 curb weight pretty svelte.........true 7 passenger SUV

Agreed, especially when the specs are quite similar to the Infiniti QX60 Hybrid and that suv's weight in AWD is 4678.

I just wish the legroom numbers were a bit more. They are quite less than the QX60 while the Volvo is only 2" shorter overall with something like a 3" longer wheelbase...

Volvo should have included a ground clearance spec (I know it's out there on the net but it should be on the spec page) because it is impressive compared to some other suv's people may compare it to.
      Last edited by Paradox; 11-18-2014 at 11:24 AM.
      Currently Own:

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
      Agreed, especially when the specs are quite similar to the Infiniti QX60 Hybrid and that suv's weight in AWD is 4678.

I just wish the legroom numbers were a bit more. They are quite less than the QX60 while the Volvo is only 2" shorter overall with something like a 3" longer wheelbase...

Volvo should have included a ground clearance spec (I know it's out there on the net but it should be on the spec page) because it is impressive compared to some other suv's people may compare it to.
      Try sitting in the third row of the QX60.........Volvo SUVs have best room in class.

Quote Originally Posted by XC60 RD View Post
      Try sitting in the third row of the QX60.........Volvo SUVs have best room in class.
      Unfortunately, we use the first and second row most often with the 3rd row for a rare, or better yet, very rare occassion. Thus I'd like more legroom in the 1st and 2nd rows leaving the third a little more 'crammed'.

That being said, I currently do own a QX60 Hybrid and if the 2nd row seats are slid forward a bit there is still ok legroom in them and it makes the third a lot more bearable. But when you only need the 1st and 2nd rows, the legroom is simply amazing.

I hope they didn't make the 1st and 2nd rows too 'cramped' feeling in the XC90 to always have legroom available to the third row even when not needed; What I mean is hopefully with the 2nd row slid back all the way the legroom measurements shown in the specs will increase a bit, naturally taking away from the third row, but I do find this doubtful.
      Last edited by Paradox; 11-18-2014 at 12:33 PM.
      Currently Own:

What are these $3295 22 inch 6 Spoke Tech Black Matte Alloy Wheels? They look really nice - very R-Design like - but are crazy expensive; and aren't listed on any of the ordering or product guides I've seen nor even on the specifications page posted second in this thread.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by isenik View Post
      What are these $3295 22 inch 6 Spoke Tech Black Matte Alloy Wheels? They look really nice - very R-Design like - but are crazy expensive; and aren't listed on any of the ordering or product guides I've seen nor even on the specifications page posted second in this thread.

Any ideas?
      those are available on the accessory page :http://www.volvocarsaccessories.com

It almost appears those rims are not available as an upgrade right now on the T6 thus the cost for them is full price. Perhaps they are upgrade rims for the T8 and when available on it the cost would be less, as an 'upgraded' rim.
      Currently Own:

Quote Originally Posted by kf93 View Post
      those are available on the accessory page :http://www.volvocarsaccessories.com
      I thought they were the R-design wheels, no?

The R design is listed as one trim means that it will be available at launch?

Quote Originally Posted by napster View Post
      No, the R-design comes standard with 20" 5-spoke Tech Matte Grey Diamond Cut wheels and there is a $1000 upgrade to 22" 5-Double Spoke, Matte Black Diamond Cut wheels.

These are 22" 6-Spoke, Tech Matte Black Alloy.

On one of the pages on the volvo site for the T6 R design it listed them as not available. Not just for R design but for all the T6 models.

It does list it in the configurator though, at the high price of $3295.

That is why I said it appears they are not being allowed to be ordered as 'upgrade' rims on the T6, or else they would be cheaper. Basically if you buy them for $3295 you are buying them standalone, as an accessory. Perhaps this will change once the configurator allows for congpfiguring a T8.
      Currently Own:

Quote Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
      No, R-Design starts in production week 20 and the current ETA is July.

Am I going crazy? I don't see anything in regards to the panoramic sunroof on the configuration tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenCheese View Post
      Am I going crazy? I don't see anything in regards to the panoramic sunroof on the configuration tool.
      It's standard, so look in the standard features list.
      NEW! 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Manual
      2007 S40 T5 White
      Previous: 1989 740 Turbo, 1995 960, 1999 V70 XC AWD

I'd have to look again but it is listed under the specifications page as standard on all 3 T6 models:

Link to page: http://www.volvocars.com/us/all-cars...d-f42829df45e3
      Currently Own:

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
      I'd have to look again but it is listed under the specifications page as standard on all 3 T6 models:

Link to page: http://www.volvocars.com/us/all-cars...d-f42829df45e3
      That's great! I guess I'm used to it being tacked into a "Premium Package"...Thank you!

That's great! I guess I'm used to it being tacked into a "Premium Package"...Thank you!

No problem, you're welcome.
      Currently Own:

You can order one now but it will not be available for delivery until very late in the summer.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal Nappa L, Advance, Rear Air Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, Luxury, RtrbleTow Hitch, Polestar optimization, 20" wheels, Side Scuff Plate
      2020 V90 T6 AWD R-design Crystal White M, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, 20" wheels, Polestar optimization

Anyone know if the 22" matte black wheels are available as an upgrade for First Edition buyers? It really complements the onyx black exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian-C30R View Post
      It's standard, so look in the standard features list.
      Indeed.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal Nappa L, Advance, Rear Air Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, Luxury, RtrbleTow Hitch, Polestar optimization, 20" wheels, Side Scuff Plate
      2020 V90 T6 AWD R-design Crystal White M, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, 20" wheels, Polestar optimization

No, the R-design comes standard with 20" 5-spoke Tech Matte Grey Diamond Cut wheels and there is a $1000 upgrade to 22" 5-Double Spoke, Matte Black Diamond Cut wheels.

These are 22" 6-Spoke, Tech Matte Black Alloy.
      Isenik / Paradox:

Thanks guys, now I understand. Both of those wheels looked the same to me, now I can see that they are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Indeed.
      Yannis:

Can a R-design be spec'd with ventilated seats?

Yannis:

Can a R-design be spec'd with ventilated seats?
      No, those will be available only at the Inscription trim level.

The rep I've been working with at the local dealership attended the training they had in LA yesterday and I asked him about the wheels.

He said that they showed pictures of those wheels during the training but that was it. I will update once more details are provided. Supposed to talk to him a bit more on Thursday.

The rep I've been working with at the local dealership attended the training they had in LA yesterday and I asked him about the wheels.

He said that they showed pictures of those wheels during the training but that was it. I will update once more details are provided. Supposed to talk to him a bit more on Thursday.
      I built and ordered the 2016 XC 90 Inscription for OverSeas Delivery and was not offered the 22" Six Spoke Tech Black Alloy wheels on the spec sheet. I hope I'm wrong but I have my doubts they are an option on the Inscription Trim XC 90. Like many here, I'm left guessing why they are displayed in Volvo's online configurator without further explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      You can order one now but it will not be available for delivery until very late in the summer.
      Can you be more specific as to how late. July, August. Can you pick up sooner for OSD or will come to US first?

When are they going to announce T-8 availability in the US?

Can you be more specific as to how late. July, August. Can you pick up sooner for OSD or will come to US first?
      End of summer.

Concurrent deliveries.

34. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements