2008 s80 front wheel camber adjustment
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2008 s80 front wheel camber adjustment

I am new to the forum but not new to Volvos.

I need to adjust the camber of my front wheels on my 2008 s80 3.2, but I have read somewhere in here that there is no way to adjust it. Is this true? If the camber is off as bad as it looks, what could be the possible causes? My thoughts were struts or control arm bushings but I dont have any odd noises in the front end.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It is correct that there are no camber adjustments for your car.

If camber is out of spec, there is probably a bent suspension component (strut, spindle or control arm or a combination of any or all).

By the time bad control arm bushings make noise, the bushings are VERY bad.

I would put the car on an alignment rack to confirm what you say you can see before you go replacing anything.

It is correct that there is no adjustment for the front camber. I have lowered my car with lowering springs which has thrown my front camber out of spec. I put a ton of miles on my car, and I am just careful to rotate my tires a lot. I wish there were camber plates available for the P3 cars or something that would allow for adjustment. This topic has been covered on the forum here extensively.
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 317,000 Miles
      2010 Volvo S80 V8 Executive | White Pearl | BLIS, Climate | 270,000 Miles
      2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
      2004 Maserati M128 Coupe
      2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
      2003 Audi S8
      2001 Audi S8
      1991 Subaru Alcyone SVX
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars | Click here to join the S80 V8 Facebook Group!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Old threat but let's try anyway.

Anyone using adjustable top mounts like these?

Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      It is correct that there is no adjustment for the front camber. I have lowered my car with lowering springs which has thrown my front camber out of spec. I put a ton of miles on my car, and I am just careful to rotate my tires a lot. I wish there were camber plates available for the P3 cars or something that would allow for adjustment. This topic has been covered on the forum here extensively.
      What springs did you install? Did you have to trim the bump stops to prevent them hitting to much and a bouncy ride?
      Mods: Ferrita DP, Elevate catback, snabb intake, Elevate airfilter, GoFastBits diverter valve, do88 FM and Hilton Stage II tune.

That`s the thing the companies that sell lowering springs won`t tell you, that lowering your car without adjustable camber will wear out the inside edges of your tires in short order

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements