Khalil's build thread
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Cool Khalil's build thread

Today:

Car has been an absolute blast to own, it's my place of Zen! Game plan is to gradually jump from Stock to Stage 3 (bolt-ons, hybrid K24 turbo), then Stage 4 (B5244T5 with upgraded internals, big turbo, possibly EFR7163 or EFR7670, and all the bells and whistles).

Current mods:

Performance
      - Hilton S3 (25psi) with E85.
      - K24 Hybrid (11 blade compressor with clipped turbine and 360 thrust bearing) with CHRA upgrades by Duke City Turbos (Nick Knight on FB)
      - Devil's Own Stage 2 water meth injection (start at 9psi, max at 23psi using a 7 micron nozzle).
      - Bosch 1000cc injectors.
      - Aeromotive 340LPH fuel pump.
      - Torqbyte PM3 fuel pump power controller.
      - Snabb BIG intercooler upgrade
      - Modified OBX downpipe to a 3in electronic cutout valve
      - 3in straight pipe to a Borla XR-1 muffler (#40943) in the back
      - Snabb 3in turbo inlet pipe
      - Forge CBV with 23psi spring (Yellow)

Chassis
      - Eibach lowering springs
      - IPD Rear chassis brace
      - IPD Poly top engine mount
      - FCP/Pro Parts Sweden Poly bottom trans mount

Cosmetic
      - Headlight sidemarker repaint & wiper delete
      - Heavily modified Mitsubishi Evo 10 duck tail trunk spoiler
      - Subaru CS2 STI front lip
      - Cut airbox cover
      - Cut fog grilles for air ducts

Misc
      - GROM Audio unit for Bluetooth and USB

Dec 3rd 2014: Hey guys! I've been creeping around and posting on here for a while but have yet to introduce myself and my car. I got her 3 weeks ago, she's a Silver 06' S60R without the appearance package (which I would've loved to have) and has 124k miles on her, one owner with all the maintenance history which was great and made me more confident getting her. I had her checked by the original dealership that the first owner purchased it from and had all service and maintenance done at, so they knew the car from corner to corner.

Here are some photos I took on a 2 hour drive same day I got her.

Going to be posting the mods as replies.
      Last edited by khalil_y; 04-15-2020 at 10:58 AM.
      Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.6 1/4 @114mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kale_Salad_rz https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Quote Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by AthruC View Post
      It is flaccid in nature, and makes me uncomfortable to talk about.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Beautiful car, basically my car's twin. Not that Electric/Nordkap is a rare color combo but ya know. Welcome to the forums!
      PAST: 2006 S60R GT Electric Silver with Nordkap, first car is a caR

CURRENT: 2015 Fiat Abarth 500 - Rosso Red: Nero/Rosso

Thanks David.

I wanted more out the audio system in the car and found GROM Audio. Pretty awesome addon. A little tedious, takes a bit of time and needs the right tools. But after I was done it was worth it. Bluetooth capability, make phone calls and listen to music plus charging. Goodbye stupid Cigarette Bluetooth dongle. I followed this video for the installation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pokjxfEaxfI

Most annoying part about the installation was that the damn shifter lever was in the way and I had to be careful when moving the box around from fear of snapping a wire or cable.

Sent from Tapatalk because the people around me are boring.
      Last edited by khalil_y; 08-25-2016 at 03:10 AM.
      Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.6 1/4 @114mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kale_Salad_rz https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Ugh. Story of my life.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Nice score. Pretty much a copy of my car aside from the choice of trans. I see you're in Michigan too... where abouts?
      07 S60R Electric Slvr/Nordkap 6MT Darton Sleeved/Rods/Pistons, RaceS60R FMIC, IPD Sways, Spec Stg3+ SMF, PDV Collar Sleeve, EFR7163, PM3, Aeromotive 340 fp, ID1050x, RS4 MAF, Devils Own Meth & Contrast Tune
      01 Audi S4, Tial 605's, built engine, etc
      93 Mustang Cobra, Incon Twin Turbo 347 Dart, etc

Quote Originally Posted by ElementR View Post
      Nice score. Pretty much a copy of my car aside from the choice of trans. I see you're in Michigan too... where abouts?
      Thanks dudly. Stationed in Dearborn Heights.

Ugh. Story of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by khalil_y View Post
      Thanks dudly. Stationed in Dearborn Heights.

Love your Tapatalk signature by the way
      PAST: 2006 S60R GT Electric Silver with Nordkap, first car is a caR

CURRENT: 2015 Fiat Abarth 500 - Rosso Red: Nero/Rosso

Very good buy, nice to see more R owners in the metro area!
      04 S60R - K&N Air Filter w/open air box, Vossen CV4's, 15mm front wheel spacers, Custom downpipe, Straight pipe, Drilled & slotted rotors, eibach springs, poly engine mounts, IPD strut bar conversion, IPD rear chassis brace, IPD Poly subframe inserts

You guys know of any Volvo meets that go on year round? I usually go to VAG meets, I went to NoWö last year, I saw a lot of Volvos there

Ugh. Story of my life.

I go out all year round normally, currently working on my R, My good friend Jhin is having a meet the 20th. Its a volvo only meet, not all just R's but a few of us R owners. Add me on facebook if you want so I can invite you to the event and also our Michigan Volvo Enthusiasts page (invite only group)
      04 S60R - K&N Air Filter w/open air box, Vossen CV4's, 15mm front wheel spacers, Custom downpipe, Straight pipe, Drilled & slotted rotors, eibach springs, poly engine mounts, IPD strut bar conversion, IPD rear chassis brace, IPD Poly subframe inserts

Quote Originally Posted by bmx04s60r View Post
      I go out all year round normally, currently working on my R, My good friend Jhin is having a meet the 20th. Its a volvo only meet, not all just R's but a few of us R owners. Add me on facebook if you want so I can invite you to the event and also our Michigan Volvo Enthusiasts page (invite only group)
      Sweet! I'll PM you my FB info. I think imma add info on my thread about Volvo meets here in MI, since I looked everywhere and couldn't find ****.

Ugh. Story of my life.

Beautiful R and imo the non appearance package r's look much better.

Dearborn is where I work.

Jhin... where's my invite buddy?! LOL
      07 S60R Electric Slvr/Nordkap 6MT Darton Sleeved/Rods/Pistons, RaceS60R FMIC, IPD Sways, Spec Stg3+ SMF, PDV Collar Sleeve, EFR7163, PM3, Aeromotive 340 fp, ID1050x, RS4 MAF, Devils Own Meth & Contrast Tune
      01 Audi S4, Tial 605's, built engine, etc
      93 Mustang Cobra, Incon Twin Turbo 347 Dart, etc

Quote Originally Posted by bmx04s60r View Post
      I'm from Michigan too, Ann Arbor area. Glad to see some people around Michigan as I've seen a bunch of Volvos and a few R's around here.

Can I be added to the group? I Just requested to be added on Facebook. My first name is Stephen. Thanks!
      2009 Volvo S80 V8 AWD Executive - Saville Grey / Black / BLIS
      2004 Toyota Corolla - 300K+ miles
      2002 Acura RSX - modded

Nice R and welcome.
      2005 SR GT Steveo tune | IPD catback | EST dp | K an N drop in | IPD CAI | CX Racing FMIC | Snabb Intake | Forge CBV
      2005 SR M66 aka Pitogo's old R.

Instagram r_mayor

Quote Originally Posted by ElementR View Post
      Dearborn is where I work.

Jhin... where's my invite buddy?! LOL
      Hahaha, I'm sorry about that. Here's the link to the group. Others are also welcome!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/509272985869754/
      09 BMW 135i N54 FBO l E40 MHD tuned
      07 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      SOLD - 06 Volvo S60R l Elevate AMS l Snabb Intake l OBX Cat-Less Downpipe l 3" Elevate tipped Straight Pipe Exhaust l Slotted and Dimpled Rotors l JZW tune l Synapse Bov l Stainless Steel Brake Lines l Eibach Springs l Snabb Ultimate Big FMIC

Debaged and installed wide V O L V O emblem for rear. Looks great and adds to the look of the car. Highly recommend this.

Last edited by khalil_y; 04-28-2015 at 04:26 AM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyS60R View Post
      I'm old school to where I prefer the old narrow arrangement.

I'm just glad you didn't debadge the rear R
      Yup, thats what I had in mind in the begging when I got the car. Wanted the wide volvo and keep the R.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Fixed my droopy lip by drilling 4 holes in both levels of the bottom and using black zip ties to hold it. NO MORE UNNECESSARY SCRAPING!

Also, GROM unit went haywire. Theres a fuse in the unit that went out. SO I sent the entire unit and harness in for inspection and replacement by GROM. Their support is awesome and theyre happy to help.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Removed my resonator and Exhaust Bracket of Death today. There's a very slight difference in sound in the cabin, but for outside it definitely sounds a little louder in a tasteful way.

Last edited by khalil_y; 05-07-2015 at 06:18 PM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Cut the muffler off at home as a DIY. Will be switching to 3" with DP soon though. Car sounds amazing, but the drone is horrible. Iv'e learnt to manage it though by staying in the right gear. Its also helping my lead foot. Gotta keep quiet most of the time...most

Ugh. Story of my life.

Installed IPD Subframe Bushings. Car feels so much more responsive and firm and they fixed a lot of clunks. Advanced mode is more comfortable and stable. Crazy that these little ****s can do so much. Every Volvo owner should install these.

TIP: Use petroleum jelly Vaseline for good lube in case you run out. Put a fingernail size dap of it inside the bushing before inserting these for easier installation (if you put too much inside it, the Vaseline will get compressed at the top and push the legs of the insert out). Lube the bushing legs with the lube thats provided with the kit. And dont forget to use the blue stuff on your bolts before reinstalling them with a torque wrench at 77lbs!

Its a pretty easy job that needs patience. Dont do it on a hot day. Best way to do this is to have someone else help you.

Tools used:
      - 13mm, 14mm and 15mm sockets.
      - Breaker bar
      - Torque wrench
      - Ratchet
      - Car jack
      - PVC pipes

FINALLY, ****ING BLEW MY STRUT ON A POTHOLE GOING 70 ON HIGHWAY WHILE GOING HOME LATER IN THE DAY. Also my steering is at 70 degrees off center, I probably broke something

Last edited by khalil_y; 06-17-2015 at 02:02 AM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Installed the rear chassis brace from IPD. Car quickly felt more solid going around turns.

Ugh. Story of my life.

My car is identical to yours except mine is a manual. Tasteful mods..what exactly does the subframe bushing do? And how easy was it to install the rear brace in the trunk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 S60R Electric Silver/Nordkap 6MT- SOLD
      97 855R- SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by koffinb View Post
      My car is identical to yours except mine is a manual. Tasteful mods..what exactly does the subframe bushing do? And how easy was it to install the rear brace in the trunk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The subframe bushing are a must for R, they are kind of a pain to install and you need the tools I mentioned above. As for the Rear brace, it's a performance mod. But still it's cheap for the amount or betterment you make for the car.

Sent from Tapatalk because the people around me are boring. HTC One M8 Tmos
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Any recollection of PVC pipe diameter for bushing install?
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

Quote Originally Posted by khalil_y View Post
      TIP: Use petroleum jelly Vaseline for good lube
      If you had KY around I suppose that would work to?

I have the subframe bushings on mine, I just seated them in then used the bolt to push them the rest of the way.
      Last edited by Antherzoll; 07-21-2015 at 01:32 AM.
      2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 145k mi

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      Any recollection of PVC pipe diameter for bushing install?
      It was the exact diameter of the bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antherzoll View Post
      If you had KY around I suppose that would work to?

I have the subframe bushings on mine, I just seated them in then used the bolt to push them the rest of the way.
      Lmao. Yeah that would be a viable way too!
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Finally got around and had the money to refresh my suspension. Got most of the parts from Amazon.com and IPD. Also got the IPD control arms with the HD bushings kit that comes with the ball joints and IPD endlinks. Still haven't gotten around to do the rears. Had a couple problems trying to take out the old ball joint as it was corroded and welded itself to the hole it goes into. The front right strut was completely empty from hydraulic fluid and the seal was almost out..

Ugh. Story of my life.

My bump stops were as disintegrated as yours are, including the rears. I was able to reuse my strut bearings but I too will be upgrading my LCAs soon too.

Congrats on the refurb though, I've been loving the firmer feel of the front end with new struts.

I'm doing this work right now, and my struts seem to be working OK. they are stiff when you try to depress them and no leaks.

If they weren't $500 a pair I would replace them. LOL.
      2005 S60 R - Silver - Nordkap - Factory body kit - 177K
      Going through Stage0 right now

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyS60R View Post
      My bump stops were as disintegrated as yours are, including the rears. I was able to reuse my strut bearings but I too will be upgrading my LCAs soon too.

Congrats on the refurb though, I've been loving the firmer feel of the front end with new struts.
      Thanks! I love it too, didn't know my car handles that good!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
      Ugh. Story of my life.

looking good man, its nice to see people take care of there cars. I should start my own thread, as I have been doing similar work on my car.

So finished installing the rear suspension thanks to the help of a friend and his awesome tools, and OMG the car handles EVEN MORE A LOT MOAR BETTERS! But the cars feels like its always in sport, im fine with that . The rear left shock was leaking a bit.

^ We had to rotate the top cap because it wouldnt align with the top holes and the bottom where the shock bolts. Not a big deal like everyone says: "MAKE SURE YOU MARK THE SEAT AND CAP AND PUT THEM EXACTLY HOW THEY ARE!" Not really, car feels fine.

Also, mom drove the car, and got my front lip ripped off -_-. I warned her that its VERY low! So I decided to paint it this time because the sun had faded the polyurethane anyway and looked like ****. Sanded it down with 250 grit then 400 grit, primed with black primer (3 layers), sprayed matte black (3 layers) then gloss (4 layers). Looks great in person!

Last edited by khalil_y; 10-22-2015 at 12:05 AM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast