Khalil's build thread - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      Also anyone know how I can edit the title for the thread? Im not really that new anymore

If a mod or admin reads this, please change it to "Khalil's build thread"
      Last edited by khalil_y; 08-25-2016 at 03:12 AM.
      Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.6 1/4 @114mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kale_Salad_rz https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Quote Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by AthruC View Post
      It is flaccid in nature, and makes me uncomfortable to talk about.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

On Sunday, the weather was amazing, cool and the warmth of the sun was radiating. Decided to take the car out for a drive on my favorite road and give her a little photoshoot.

^ Picture is a little over exposed

Also, someone threw a ****ing golf ball at me off a bridge on the highway before I passed under it. I saw it as it was thrown and hit the brakes in time and got lucky it hit my front bumper. I took the exit ramp and raced to the bridge it was thrown off of. Was gonna kill someone. Glad they didn't do any serious damage though. Even the hexagons of the golf ball's design can be seen on the bumper. What the **** is wrong with people?!

Last edited by khalil_y; 10-22-2015 at 12:07 AM.
      Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.6 1/4 @114mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kale_Salad_rz https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Is that the STI lip?
      05 V70R BSM, 6MT

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hoenig View Post
      Is that the STI lip?
      Yep.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by khalil_y View Post
      Yep.
      Ive been debating getting one for a while now. What do you think of it in terms of fitment/modification? It looks like there are parts of it that dont quite match up with the lower bumper, like you can see past certain areas and the ground below.

Youre at stock ride height right? How is the scraping with this thing in everyday life-going over speed bumps and things.

It looks really awesome on your car and makes me want to do it that much more!!! But I dont wanna destroy my front end on a raised manhole or something lol.
      05 V70R BSM, 6MT

Ive been debating getting one for a while now. What do you think of it in terms of fitment/modification? It looks like there are parts of it that dont quite match up with the lower bumper, like you can see past certain areas and the ground below.

Youre at stock ride height right? How is the scraping with this thing in everyday life-going over speed bumps and things.

It looks really awesome on your car and makes me want to do it that much more!!! But I dont wanna destroy my front end on a raised manhole or something lol.
      It's not that low lol. It'll only scrape if you don't be careful and keep your eyes out for things that might hit it. The only time it scrapes is when entering parking lots, it scrapes a little. It looks loose because it was ripped off. I have to remount it properly this weekend and I'll be using bolts and nuts.
      Last edited by khalil_y; 10-22-2015 at 06:22 PM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Ah. Sweet, thanks for the info.. I suppose the only way to know is to actually try.. :P
      05 V70R BSM, 6MT

Ah. Sweet, thanks for the info.. I suppose the only way to know is to actually try..
      It'll require some modification, like I had to cut the fender area after the installation because it stuck out too much.

Ugh. Story of my life.

Thanks for the close ups. seems simple enough. I think Im going to pull the trigger thanks to this my friend.
      05 V70R BSM, 6MT

Trim and reattach the piece that closes in the back and it would look a lot more finished.
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

Golf ball sucks for sure. Photo shoot looks like Hines Drive.
      07 S60R Electric Slvr/Nordkap 6MT Darton Sleeved/Rods/Pistons, RaceS60R FMIC, IPD Sways, Spec Stg3+ SMF, PDV Collar Sleeve, EFR7163, PM3, Aeromotive 340 fp, ID1050x, RS4 MAF, Devils Own Meth & Contrast Tune
      01 Audi S4, Tial 605's, built engine, etc
      93 Mustang Cobra, Incon Twin Turbo 347 Dart, etc

Quote Originally Posted by ElementR View Post
      Golf ball sucks for sure. Photo shoot looks like Hines Drive.
      Good eye, it is! Love that road. Especially at night ;D I never seen you before, are you in the VEOM group? I know you're in Michigan.
      Last edited by khalil_y; 10-23-2015 at 01:57 PM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Inspiring mods I hope to do the same for mine (budget permitted). I recently purchased a 2005, S60 T5 that needs TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by khalil_y View Post
      Good eye, it is! Love that road. Especially at night ;D I never seen you before, are you in the VEOM group? I know you're in Michigan.
      Enjoy driving Hines myself. I had a photo shoot with an old mustang there once. It really is a nice piece of SE Michigan. I work in the area so I probably make it onto Hines at least twice a week and usually in the R. My car looks nearly identical to yours minus the front lip.
      07 S60R Electric Slvr/Nordkap 6MT Darton Sleeved/Rods/Pistons, RaceS60R FMIC, IPD Sways, Spec Stg3+ SMF, PDV Collar Sleeve, EFR7163, PM3, Aeromotive 340 fp, ID1050x, RS4 MAF, Devils Own Meth & Contrast Tune

Enjoy driving Hines myself. I had a photo shoot with an old mustang there once. It really is a nice piece of SE Michigan. I work in the area so I probably make it onto Hines at least twice a week and usually in the R. My car looks nearly identical to yours minus the front lip.
      We should meet up and cruise! Are you in the Volvo Enthusiasts of Michigan group on FB?
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Was this you I was behind this morning getting off Southfield at Outer Drive where it was shut down due to an accident?

Was this you I was behind this morning getting off Southfield at Outer Drive where it was shut down due to an accident?

Nope not me, I have the wide V O L V O, no S60 and the no exhaust signature
      But damn that's another R owner. I wonder if they're even enthusiasts.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Oh well, thought it was a decent shot since I knew you had a silver R and lived in the area. Looked like his wheels were black so he must be into some form of modding... maybe he's lurking out there.

Havent updated this thread in a long while as I havent really done anything major to the car. But that'll be changing soon

Got these in the mail today while I was working on the car trying to change my vacuum. Borla XR-1 muffler, 3in OBX DP and a 3in y pipe for the future dual exhaust and cut out valve to make her TRUE straight pipe on-demand

Oh I also fixed my dreaded issue where I loose braking and the pedal becomes rock solid if im making an emergency stop or doing spirited downshifting.

Ugh. Story of my life.

care to share how you fixed the braking issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2007 S60R Nordkap & Black Sapphire Metallic. Auto. Holset HY35, 2.3 Block shimmed, Forged pistons, H-Beam Rods. 3" DP, Meth Inj.

Quote Originally Posted by BaxtR View Post
      care to share how you fixed the braking issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Turns out my brake vacuum pump (seen to the left of the Borla box in the picture above) was dead, I replaced it and it worked instantly. Got a used one off ebay for $68 instead of paying $450 for a new one (****ing volvo...).

Symptoms: Loss of braking under heavy deceleration and/or quick downshifting, pumping the brake pedal before you start the car till its firm, if it doesn't become free again after turning on ignition (position 2 on key), then its a dead pump.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172016516862...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Update:

Cleaned and dipped my wheels pure white. Didn't think they'd look as good as I thought, they look so good in the sunlight and stand out very well. Also, flushed my coolant and change my expansion tank while the wheels were off the car.

Ugh. Story of my life.

Welp, been a while, 144k miles, car has been a badass, walking muscle cars all spring and summer long. NoWö is in 4 days so it was time to prep the car for the biggest Euro show in the North East. Took the headlights out and painted the side markers with a silver spray can that was in the house when we bought it. Its the exact same silver color that Volvo used for the plastics on the car and the engine bay. Speaking of which, about a month ago I repainted the engine bay plastics and covers since they were worn down from all the salt and heat, and the paint was faded. Found a spray can at Home Depot that was the same blue Volvo uses, it was a new color too! Also decided to paint the front lower lip the same color as the headlights and grille.

Id say I out did this. I completely in love with this new look, its just so simple and clean!

Passenger fog light is still dead, its completely ripped out of its shell and its all corroded. Think imma replace both, might aswell. If anyone has a used one, hmu!
      Last edited by khalil_y; 08-23-2016 at 04:44 AM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

looks very sharp!
      2000 Toyota Tacoma
      2000 ML320
      2000 ML55 AMG
      2005 XCR90
      2006 C70
      2006 S60R - gone
      1997 Avalon - gone - son - space-force

looks mint khalil.

what's your feedback on the borla? is the borla before (in front of) the haldex or after?

.... any pics of her underbelly to show us clearances?
      2004 S60R M66 | Bosch SMS68M38AU

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      looks very sharp!
      Quote Originally Posted by singleuseonly View Post
      looks mint khalil.

what's your feedback on the borla? is the borla before (in front of) the haldex or after?

.... any pics of her underbelly to show us clearances?
      Thanks gents! And yeah, it sounds amazing, you can feel the sound waves resonating through your chest if you're behind the car, even when its idling. Its such a diffrent and deep exhaust note, and the XR-1 does an amazing job at making the car much quieter. Like, when it was on an open DP, my sound meter would hit 107db, its insane. Ive yet to test out the new exhaust as we have run into some uhhhhh complications. Will update soon once me and the team are done with videos and a full post and review.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Looking good. Still surprised I haven't run into you in the Dearborn area yet.

Looks very sharp.
      2018 Leadfoot Ford Raptor semi built 600hp, 2020 Audi RS3.
      05 S60R MT, Stock block 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built 804 AWHP. Built engine, Cnc ported head, Front & Rear LSD, Ported Gen 2 T4 GTX3584RS hybrid, Turbosmart 45mm WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Radium Surge tank, 1700cc Id's, Triple Walbro 485's, PM3, Devils Own meth injection, speed density converted mafless setup, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, IP Plasma lift. Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

Looking good. Still surprised I haven't run into you in the Dearborn area yet.
      Quote Originally Posted by TRAV_R View Post
      Looks very sharp.
      Thanks guys! And yeah Andy, neither have I. I do live in Dearborn Heights though, haha, so im about 15mins from Dearborn. My daily commute is 90% on just Telegraph Rd or Ford Rd, thats about it. How often are you down here?
      Last edited by khalil_y; 08-25-2016 at 07:37 AM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

I have the Borla muffler as well, the sound is amazing (OBX DP - no cat/res, 3" all the way), Great choice Khalil. Car looks great by the way! I used to live at Ford & Telegraph, great area to cruise back in the day.

Andy, we have to get lunch soon. Been busy with the home life / soccer for my boy & work has really picked up. Instead of doing the bathroom in the basement, we ended up moving 2 miles away, lol. Such a pain in the butt. I hope the fam is doing good on your end!
      05 S60R Auto Magic Blue - OBX catless DP, Hilton Tuning Stage 2 Tune. 3" Exhaust (Res removed) with Borla Muffler. After tune: do88 IC, Snabb Turbo intake pipe. Hybrid K24 (Not installed).

Dave, did you just get that Borla? Last we met, if I recall correctly, you only had the OBX straight-piped.

Khalil, your car is looking extra nice. Really like the paint matched corners. Hopefully I can see it in person sometime before winter. Did you guys go to the Ikea meet a couple weeks ago? I wanted to, but my R was giving me issues. Also, my boss ran into my (parked) car in an otherwise empty parking lot. I would've got the most beat to sh!t R award.
      2005 S60R M66 MAGIKAP

Quote Originally Posted by dyslex View Post
      Dave, did you just get that Borla? Last we met, if I recall correctly, you only had the OBX straight-piped.

Khalil, your car is looking extra nice. Really like the paint matched corners. Hopefully I can see it in person sometime before winter. Did you guys go to the Ikea meet a couple weeks ago? I wanted to, but my R was giving me issues. Also, my boss ran into my (parked) car in an otherwise empty parking lot. I would've got the most beat to sh!t R award.
      Yes, I just got it installed a few weeks ago. It sounds pretty good. I should be in Canton on Monday at some point. Shoot me a text if you want to meet up and hear it. I didn't go to the meet, just moved so I've been busy with that the last few weeks.

How's the R treating you now? Is the car fixed from your boss yet? What issues?
      05 S60R Auto Magic Blue - OBX catless DP, Hilton Tuning Stage 2 Tune. 3" Exhaust (Res removed) with Borla Muffler. After tune: do88 IC, Snabb Turbo intake pipe. Hybrid K24 (Not installed).

Quote Originally Posted by dyslex View Post
      Aww damn dude. You guys better show up to NoWö or the Sunday meet at IKEA. I haven't met you two, unless I did but don't know who you are on the forum haha 😂
      Ugh. Story of my life.

So, finished my exhaust. Sounds amazing and deep. It's amazing how the Borla XR-1 muffler lowered the sound especially that it's a straight though muffler, without it, the exhaust would be very loud.

I had my exhaust cut and welded by a good friend of mine. Took us 3 days to do it. We ran into clearance issues the first night and we had to take the entire system back out and cut it up again. The next day we were removing the DP bolts and we broke 2 of them, took us an entire day of drilling through them to take them out. On day 3, we redid the entire system, completely hack-job'ed the OBX DP and added a dump pipe to it.

Here are some pictures.

Fail.

Drowning our sadness with cupcakes.

CaR hates us.

Wireless electronic cutout installation. Found a rubber seal with a hole in it, it's like Volvo knew we need holes for things like this

Kroger's orange juice is just the perfect drink on a hot day!

Still need an exhaust tip though. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm interested in duals, so 1+2.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by khalil_y; 08-26-2016 at 09:36 PM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Final steps for NoWö prep.

Hey that rhymes!

Also, soon!

jk it's going into a T6 242 that going to make 600+ hp.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
      Ugh. Story of my life.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast