Khalil's build thread - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
      I love threads like this... pics instead of long winded paragraphs describing every foucking thing...thank you for posting and nice job!
      2000 Toyota Tacoma
      2000 ML320
      2000 ML55 AMG
      2005 XCR90
      2006 C70
      2006 S60R - gone
      1997 Avalon - gone - son - space-force

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      I love threads like this... pics instead of long winded paragraphs describing every foucking thing...thank you for posting and nice job!
      Thanks dougs! And yeah I love that too and you can see exactly what happened instead of trying imagine it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
      Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.6 1/4 @114mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kale_Salad_rz https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Quote Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by AthruC View Post
      It is flaccid in nature, and makes me uncomfortable to talk about.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by khalil_y View Post
      Thanks guys! And yeah Andy, neither have I. I do live in Dearborn Heights though, haha, so im about 15mins from Dearborn. My daily commute is 90% on just Telegraph Rd or Ford Rd, thats about it. How often are you down here?
      Yeah, I work in the neighborhood. I often grab lunch from Moo Cluck Moo over at Joy and Telegraph. Dave knows all about that place.
      07 S60R Electric Slvr/Nordkap 6MT Darton Sleeved/Rods/Pistons, RaceS60R FMIC, IPD Sways, Spec Stg3+ SMF, PDV Collar Sleeve, EFR7163, PM3, Aeromotive 340 fp, ID1050x, RS4 MAF, Devils Own Meth & Contrast Tune
      01 Audi S4, Tial 605's, built engine, etc
      93 Mustang Cobra, Incon Twin Turbo 347 Dart, etc

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrime View Post
      I have the Borla muffler as well, the sound is amazing (OBX DP - no cat/res, 3" all the way), Great choice Khalil. Car looks great by the way! I used to live at Ford & Telegraph, great area to cruise back in the day.

Andy, we have to get lunch soon. Been busy with the home life / soccer for my boy & work has really picked up. Instead of doing the bathroom in the basement, we ended up moving 2 miles away, lol. Such a pain in the butt. I hope the fam is doing good on your end!
      For sure... so busy here it's crazy. Can't believe the kids are back to school in a week already.
      07 S60R Electric Slvr/Nordkap 6MT Darton Sleeved/Rods/Pistons, RaceS60R FMIC, IPD Sways, Spec Stg3+ SMF, PDV Collar Sleeve, EFR7163, PM3, Aeromotive 340 fp, ID1050x, RS4 MAF, Devils Own Meth & Contrast Tune
      01 Audi S4, Tial 605's, built engine, etc
      93 Mustang Cobra, Incon Twin Turbo 347 Dart, etc

Quote Originally Posted by ElementR View Post
      Yeah, I work in the neighborhood. I often grab lunch from Moo Cluck Moo over at Joy and Telegraph. Dave knows all about that place.
      Dude, thas 3 blocks from my house haha!

Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.6 1/4 @114mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kale_Salad_rz https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Yes, I just got it installed a few weeks ago. It sounds pretty good. I should be in Canton on Monday at some point. Shoot me a text if you want to meet up and hear it. I didn't go to the meet, just moved so I've been busy with that the last few weeks.

How's the R treating you now? Is the car fixed from your boss yet? What issues?
      Good for you, man! I will be going the custom route myself. I keep watching videos and the XR-1 just has such growl. Got a guy in Toledo who does really good work on the lowlow. The R has been relatively good to me, still trying to pinpoint a wheel wobble issue and a Check Engine light just popped up with no symptoms. She'll be in the body shop first thing Monday morning.

I'll shoot you a text, I too should be in Canton on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by khalil_y
      Aww damn dude. You guys better show up to NoWö or the Sunday meet at IKEA. I haven't met you two, unless I did but don't know who you are on the forum haha 😂
      Unfortunately, this weekend is a no-go for me. And we haven't met, I'm relatively new to the scene. Just got my first Volvo in February, and actually it's the first foreign car that I've ever owned. NOWO sounds amazing though. I've been to Frankenmuth once for a round of disc golf and had a blast. Really nice area. I'm sure I'll catch you at one of the Ikea meets, Khalil.

Also, I just got a replacement set of OEM fogs. One of mine is missing, but I do have the passenger side. If you want it it's yours.
      Last edited by dyslex; 08-27-2016 at 08:20 AM.
      2005 S60R M66 MAGIKAP

For sure... so busy here it's crazy. Can't believe the kids are back to school in a week already.
      Same, can't believe they are back soon, this summer flew by. Let me know when you are able to and we can meet up... Mabye Khalil can join in if it's around.

Great food!

Quote Originally Posted by dyslex View Post
      Good for you, man! I will be going the custom route myself. I keep watching videos and the XR-1 just has such growl. Got a guy in Toledo who does really good work on the lowlow. The R has been relatively good to me, still trying to pinpoint a wheel wobble issue and a Check Engine light just popped up with no symptoms. She'll be in the body shop first thing Monday morning.

I'll shoot you a text, I too should be in Canton on Monday.

Unfortunately, this weekend is a no-go for me. And we haven't met, I'm relatively new to the scene. Just got my first Volvo in February, and actually it's the first foreign car that I've ever owned. NOWO sounds amazing though. I've been to Frankenmuth once for a round of disc golf and had a blast. Really nice area. I'm sure I'll catch you at one of the Ikea meets, Khalil.

Also, I just got a replacement set of OEM fogs. One of mine is missing, but I do have the passenger side. If you want it it's yours.
      Cool, shoot me a text. Sucks about the car, let me know if you need the vida / dice unit again, no big deal on my end. If your exhaust guy doesn't come through, there's a guy in Livonia that does good work for cheap. He's old school and is quick (3-4 hours and my car was ready).

Khalil - I don't have a tip either, let me know if you come a crossed one. For now, I'm digging the look of the pipe coming out the back. By the way, we met at Jhin's house. I brought the McD's.
      05 S60R Auto Magic Blue - OBX catless DP, Hilton Tuning Stage 2 Tune. 3" Exhaust (Res removed) with Borla Muffler. After tune: do88 IC, Snabb Turbo intake pipe. Hybrid K24 (Not installed).

After the Northern Wörthersee, we hit the back roads of Frankenmuth and lit **** up!

staring u/Mhmmusic

Last edited by khalil_y; 08-29-2016 at 11:32 PM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

I thought the title said "s60r doughnuts", not "s60r circles" :P
      The name's Ben:
      '06 S60 T5 6mt: STEVO TUNED, Precision 5857B, B5254T4 w/ Kaplhenke Racing block guard, wavetrac limited slip, Snabb stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkFDQLKg_E
      Big Will:your car is the most raw, awesome Volvo I've ever driven....mine is just shinier
      Wingnut: Of course jewfro vs. gingerbreadman wrestling is mandatory entertainment.

So, finished my exhaust. Sounds amazing and deep. It's amazing how the Borla XR-1 muffler lowered the sound especially that it's a straight though muffler, without it, the exhaust would be very loud.

I had my exhaust cut and welded by a good friend of mine. Took us 3 days to do it. We ran into clearance issues the first night and we had to take the entire system back out and cut it up again. The next day we were removing the DP bolts and we broke 2 of them, took us an entire day of drilling through them to take them out. On day 3, we redid the entire system, completely hack-job'ed the OBX DP and added a dump pipe to it.

Here are some pictures.

Fail.

Drowning our sadness with cupcakes.

CaR hates us.

Wireless electronic cutout installation. Found a rubber seal with a hole in it, it's like Volvo knew we need holes for things like this

Kroger's orange juice is just the perfect drink on a hot day!

Still need an exhaust tip though. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm interested in duals, so 1+2.

Look at red tail performance

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      06 S60R GT: Nordkap /Titanium Gray Metallic. Sport pkg

Khalil - I don't have a tip either, let me know if you come a crossed one. For now, I'm digging the look of the pipe coming out the back. By the way, we met at Jhin's house. I brought the McD's.
      Ohhh I remember, it was a pretty fun night in Mexico lane 😜 Your car is gorgeous! She still the baby hauler?

I hope you guys come out to the next IKEA Swedish Cars & Coffee. I'm in talks of having IKEA sponsor the event with drinks and stuff.

Last edited by khalil_y; 09-13-2016 at 07:19 AM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Been wanting to do a duck tail spoiler for a long time, but dont want to overpay for the CF Werks trunk addon from VIVA, saw it in person on Henry's R (DevolveR) and it was so wonky and so many bumps, the quality of the mold is bad. So I decided to make my own. Browsing Ebay, I came across the EVO X duck tail spoiler, A friend of mine tried it out and said needed some work to make it fit. I like a challenge, so I ordered one and got it to work after many hours of reheating, reshaping, bondoing and sanding. Came out perfect at the end.

Also ordered some Mayle rotors to replace the my long over due OEM ones that have about 100k on them and have been resurfaced by the PO. The next day I was looking at the rear wheels while test fitting the spoiler and decided its time to fix that ugly wheel spacing on the rear wheels (it got worse after lowering the car and the car looks like it skips leg day), so I ordered some DSX Ebay spacers. They sent me the wrong bolts, contacted support and then had new ones sent in asap even before I returned the wrong ones in, pretty good service right there 10/10! Oh I also touched up the wheels with a new layer of dip after they've gotten badly stained because I neglected my car for about a month (Im sorry bb wont happen again). Rolled the rear fenders in and used the same sealant I used on the headlight lenses. Worked perfectly! Then I installed the spoiler, spacers, wheels, rotors, and then gave the caR a good bath and detailed the engine bay.

Finished the week with a trip to Mexico where I ran a bunch of cars, didnt lose once. The most impressive race was against a Grabber Blue Mustang Ecoboost with bolt ons and a tune, won by 2 and half cars twice. This car surprises me every time, I love this Swedish machine! Then ended the night with some #StanceNation GTA Online on PC with a bunch of friends.

Link to the parts:

Spoiler: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221978773093
      Spacers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131934949501
      Brakes: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...70r-30645222-1

Lots of pics below. Enjoy!

Last edited by khalil_y; 09-26-2016 at 08:39 PM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Just noticed, doesn't it look like I have more camber in the front than the rear? Didnt notice that before till now. The tech that installed my rear camber bushings ****ed up big time. Cant even fix this without taking the bushings out >

Oh and btw, please dont quote the entire post above, its too big and itll make my thread very cluttered, I hate that. Just post a simple reply or quote the text or a specific picture only. Thank you, please come again! - Raji
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Intro updated.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Thanks man. With school & soccer for the kids, it's more like the soccer kid hauler... sucks but what can you do.

Both my kids play soccer so I generally can't meet for those... meets. Blows. Once November hits, my schedule opens up a little more but they both have soccer, just different times/days. If you are ever out this way hanging out with Jhin and the guys, let me know.

Your car is looking great by the way!

Ohhh I remember, it was a pretty fun night in Mexico lane 😜 Your car is gorgeous! She still the baby hauler?

I hope you guys come out to the next IKEA Swedish Cars & Coffee. I'm in talks of having IKEA sponsor the event with drinks and stuff.

05 S60R Auto Magic Blue - OBX catless DP, Hilton Tuning Stage 2 Tune. 3" Exhaust (Res removed) with Borla Muffler. After tune: do88 IC, Snabb Turbo intake pipe. Hybrid K24 (Not installed).

Can you post more pics/different angles of the spoiler? I'm thinking about buying one and putting it on my spare trunk panel!
      2007 S60R GT sonic blue/atacama

Quote Originally Posted by SonicamaSR View Post
      Can you post more pics/different angles of the spoiler? I'm thinking about buying one and putting it on my spare trunk panel!
      Sure! I'll snap some pictures when the weather clears up. It's been raining literally all week non stop here in MI.

Ugh. Story of my life.

Cool thanks!!
      2007 S60R GT sonic blue/atacama

You car will go faster with the air box lid on...
      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      You car will go faster with the air box lid on...
      I keep it open for magical noises, but I close it up when I race

Ugh. Story of my life.

Duck tail shots as promised. It's only primer paint atm, I'll be color matching it soon.

Ugh. Story of my life.

Video from this weekends drag strip event. I easily broke into the 13s and did 13.92 @ 104mph. The weather was pretty cold, 40F, so that helped a ton!

So happy with how the car still performs even after 148k miles. Love this damn machine and cat wait to get to s

Last edited by khalil_y; 11-16-2016 at 09:43 PM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Video removed?
      2005 S60R M66 MAGIKAP

Video removed?
      Yeah, gonna re-edit it tonight, it rendered incorrectly.

Ugh. Story of my life.

Video reuploaded

Last edited by R-Pow3R3d; 11-17-2016 at 12:56 AM.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

I didn't see posted, what was you 60' times in that pass? Best way to see how good of launch you are getting from it. My best stock has been an awful 2.5 seconds, which is the worst 60 time of any fast car I have owned.
      2004 V70R m/t Parting Out see classifieds https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...per-spare-tire
      2006 V70R Sonic Blue A/T new!
      1994 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo

Quote Originally Posted by spinall4 View Post
      I didn't see posted, what was you 60' times in that pass? Best way to see how good of launch you are getting from it. My best stock has been an awful 2.5 seconds, which is the worst 60 time of any fast car I have owned.
      I got 2.03
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Cool to see some of the other guys still active on the forums!

Unfortunately, my S60R bit the dust, but she still lives! In Illinois somewhere.
      This is the car that I moved on to.

I was there with Khalil and his S60R.
      09 BMW 135i N54 FBO l E40 MHD tuned
      07 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      SOLD - 06 Volvo S60R l Elevate AMS l Snabb Intake l OBX Cat-Less Downpipe l 3" Elevate tipped Straight Pipe Exhaust l Slotted and Dimpled Rotors l JZW tune l Synapse Bov l Stainless Steel Brake Lines l Eibach Springs l Snabb Ultimate Big FMIC

Installed the exhaust tip and oh my god, the drone is completely gone! Now I'm hearing weird sounds from my car that I couldn't hear before because of the drone :/

We had to extend it with a little 1.5in piece to push the tip out wards a bit, my car backfires and my bumper was always chard so that should fix it, haha!

For those looking for the same or similar tip, I got mine from www.RedTailPerformance.com for $47. Great deal!

Ugh. Story of my life.

great job ...i too had a tip just like that...could not wait to get rid of it after a year...thats also after people got branded by it.

2000 Toyota Tacoma
      2000 ML320
      2000 ML55 AMG
      2005 XCR90
      2006 C70
      2006 S60R - gone
      1997 Avalon - gone - son - space-force

Very sweet! Looks like my Evolve tip.

Hey maybe you can help me fab up my Heico tip?
      2005 S60R M66 MAGIKAP

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      great job ...i too had a tip just like that...could not wait to get rid of it after a year...thats also after people got branded by it.

lmao!

Very sweet! Looks like my Evolve tip.

Hey maybe you can help me fab up my Heico tip?
      You still havent put it on!? Jeez!
      Ugh. Story of my life.

Lol I know I know. It'll go on when the weather (and roads) clean up.
      2005 S60R M66 MAGIKAP

Lol I know I know. It'll go on when the weather (and roads) clean up.
      You coming out to the IKEA Cars & Coffee on the 26th?

Ugh. Story of my life.

Good job man. Crazy how much space between you guys at the track with the times you guys ran. Can't wait to see more.
      2018 Leadfoot Ford Raptor semi built 600hp, 2020 Audi RS3.
      05 S60R MT, Stock block 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built 804 AWHP. Built engine, Cnc ported head, Front & Rear LSD, Ported Gen 2 T4 GTX3584RS hybrid, Turbosmart 45mm WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Radium Surge tank, 1700cc Id's, Triple Walbro 485's, PM3, Devils Own meth injection, speed density converted mafless setup, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, IP Plasma lift. Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast