Solution for storage area behind waterfall?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Solution for storage area behind waterfall?

Does anyone have a solution for a small tray that can be used behind the waterfall? Anything that I put back there ends up sliding out when I take hard turns.
      2015 XC60 RD | eibach springs | snabb intake | TDI tune | Niche 21x10 wheels

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I use it to store the wet wipe package for my 4 year old so she doesn't get her sticky hands over everything. Works perfect (for me!!!)

On long road trips I throw my wallet and watch back there. I don't have any issues with them sliding out.
      '16 Volvo XC90 R-Design - Passion Red - Polestar, Convenience, 4C Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, CarPlay
      '18 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Tri-coat Red - Performance Upgrade Package, Enhanced AutoPilot
      SOLD - '13 XC60 R-Design - Ice White - Platinum, Climate Pkg w/ Boosters, BLIS

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I guess i'm the only one that drives my car like a mad man? Anything i put there with some weight, a wallet or sunglasses ends up sliding off.

My work ID card and lanyard are the only things that seem to stay there without flying out.
      2013 XC60 T6 AWD
      2018 VW GTI SE 6MT

I shove gloves back there. They get compressed and are light so they stay put even with crazy cornering.
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

My sunglasses slide out constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Manoloiv View Post
      My sunglasses slide out constantly.
      It used to drive me nuts, until I figured out a solution...

I stash the base for my Garmin there. Has anyone took a really good look back there? It feels like theres a knob back there (behind the waterfall, not on the actual tray)
      2012 XC60 T6 - Black/Black Premium Plus, Climate, Remote Start, Polestar+, Some Heico bits.
      2007 XC70 2.5T - Black/Charcoal - Climate - (SOLD)
      1989 Toyota MR2 - Supercharged - Full Stainless Exhaust - TRD - HKS - Greddy (SOLD)
      1965 Buick Wildcat Convertible - Nailhead 401 - Dual Quad Carb - Dual Exhaust (SOLD)

Just an update. I managed to find a working solution that may help others. I picked up this dash mat from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Handstands-Ori...words=dash+mat and put it behind the waterfall. Now i can leave my glasses and etc behind there and they don't slide off. It passed some very "spirited" driving this past snow fall. It also comes in many different colors to match your interior.

Have a look at the Amazon 1 star reviews. It probably doesn't matter behind the floating console/waterfall area - but apparently it will leave a residue/mark after prolonged use. More of a problem if you stick it on the dash I guess.
      MY15.5 XC60 D5 AWD Luxury. P*. Driver Support Package. Front Blind View. Savile Grey
      1983 240 DL Beige (The old family car which lasted 17yrs)

Quote Originally Posted by Maddo View Post
      Have a look at the Amazon 1 star reviews. It probably doesn't matter behind the floating console/waterfall area - but apparently it will leave a residue/mark after prolonged use. More of a problem if you stick it on the dash I guess.

time will tell. Don't forget it won't get nearly as baked in the sun as when it's used on the dash. I used one of these on my saab on the dash for quite a while and when i peeled it off it was fine, but im sure it was a different brand. Also you could cut it to be the same size as the factory mat that is already there. This way if it did leave residue it would be a easily replaceable part.

Quote Originally Posted by bhom920 View Post
      Just an update. I managed to find a working solution that may help others. I picked up this dash mat from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Handstands-Ori...words=dash+mat and put it behind the waterfall. Now i can leave my glasses and etc behind there and they don't slide off. It passed some very "spirited" driving this past snow fall. It also comes in many different colors to match your interior.
      I actually use one of these on the lower B pillar to silence the passenger seatbelt buckle rattle.

Quote Originally Posted by dfischer1 View Post
      I actually use one of these on the lower B pillar to silence the passenger seatbelt buckle rattle.
      Turn the metal tongue of the seatbelt 180 degrees so it faces away from the B pillar trim..... then nothing needs to be added!!

Regards,

Michael

I stuck a sticky pad there to prevent items from sliding out...it's like a tacky, rubber cell phone holder.
      Mike
      Toronto, Canada
      2012 Volvo XC60 R-Design - Electric Silver

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements