Replacing Vacuum Lines and Hoses... Tune-Up... Whole Nine Yards... Help?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Replacing Vacuum Lines and Hoses... Tune-Up... Whole Nine Yards... Help?

With 269k on the motor of the '00 V70R and a fluttering rpm needle at idle, I suspect my issue is a vacuum leak. So in preparation a little DIY tune up, I've decided to replace spark plugs, TCV valve, TCV hoses, and all of the other hoses I can replace.

Anyone know of any good tutorials/videos, or diagrams that can show me which and every last hose I should/need to replace? What must-have tools do I need to get? Any advice, help, recommendations I can get would be appreciated.
      2006 Volvo XC70 Ocean Race
      2006 Volvo XC90 Ocean Race
      2000 Volvo V70R (Laser Blue) ::SOLD::
      2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Touring (Plasma Green) ::SOLD::
      2004 Volvo S60R (Flash Green) ::SOLD::
      1998 Volvo V70 NA (White) ::SOLD::

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

also consider fresh coil packs along with spark plugs and also check all intercooler hoses for leaks. if they are original they'll be showing some wear by now. CBV my also need to be replaced. i just followed the vacuum diagrams you can google it was very straight forward. CBV is a total pain and takes some patience. IPD has a good video on the CBV

For less than $100 & 2 hours time cleaning the etm might contribute to idle fine tuning & oil cooler seals replace & hose check at that mileage might help in general...so would the PCV but that is a bit more time consuming...acquire a set of stubby & thin mechanic wrenches if you hit the CBV; removal is easy, replace/tighten up defines "patience" if the turbo remains in car
      1999 V70R 19 Black
      2012 S60 R-Design Saville Gray
      Retired Numbers: 1978 264 GL, 1983 245 GLT, 1986 740 GLE Turbo Diesel

These kits are handy if you want to go silicone on your vacuum hoses, they have black so you can keep it bling free if you want, or blue/red for flashiness. Silicone will pretty much outlast the car.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/liqui...9f8e9e024060c1

Scroll down for hose quantity and sizes. They also have a $50 kit with a lot more hose in it.

This is a good company, they are close to me and I've used them in the past.
      Last edited by LloydDobler; 02-09-2015 at 11:25 AM.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70 2.5T - Ice White - Oak Arena, (almost) bone stock daily driver.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements