Mileage check in! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 150
    1. #36
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      US West Coast
      Posts
      3,665
      Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
      Tom even reached higher mpg than 21
      I've reached over 40 for short stretches, but I'm talking about long term. Is he avg that consistently?

      Looks like he is. He just drives a little more efficiently then the rest of us.
      Last edited by P50GT; 03-16-2015 at 03:52 PM.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

      Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #37
      Junior Member TomOldi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Switzerland
      Posts
      450
      Quote Originally Posted by P50GT View Post
      I've reached over 40 for short stretches, but I'm talking about long term. Is he avg that consistently?

      Looks like he is. He just drives a little more efficiently then the rest of us.
      Yes I am, 7500mi 22.35 mpg

    4. #38
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Switzerland
      Posts
      950
      But I think you drive a lot of times longer sections of Autobahn. Because otherwise I ont think it would be possible, just compare all the consumption in this thread, all in between 12-16 Liter/100km

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #39
      Junior Member TomOldi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Switzerland
      Posts
      450
      Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
      But I think you drive a lot of times longer sections of Autobahn. Because otherwise I ont think it would be possible, just compare all the consumption in this thread, all in between 12-16 Liter/100km
      My driving profile is 30% Autobahn/Highway, 20% City and 50% Country.
      A longer trip on the Autobahn is 8.xx Liter/100km

    7. #40
      Senior Member Johann's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Netherlands
      Posts
      10,097
      12.9 mpg 2443 miles

      ...
      '17 Volvo S60 Polestar '15 XC60T5 Polestarised

    8. #41
      Junior Member DrVolkl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      76
      I just hit 3025 miles. Now, I use Fuelly to track my actual MPG versus the vehicle. It's way more accurate. You enter how far you've driven and then how much gas you actually put in the car each fill up. My car is saying I'm averaging 19mpg... Fuelly has me at 17.5mpg for the life of the car.

      My last trip, which was mostly highway gave me my best tank at 20.5 mpg... but usually I'm just over 17... mixed highway, city.



      Versus for instance...








      Draw your own conclusions... and yes, I have a car problem. I was expecting the Volvo to be better personally...
      Last edited by DrVolkl; 04-10-2015 at 01:21 PM.
      #31 V60 RB
      E93 M3

    9. #42
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      US West Coast
      Posts
      3,665
      Quote Originally Posted by DrVolkl View Post
      I just hit 3025 miles. Now, I use Fuelly to track my actual MPG versus the vehicle. It's way more accurate. You enter how far you've driven and then how much gas you actually put in the car each fill up. My car is saying I'm averaging 19mpg... Fuelly has me at 17.5mpg for the life of the car.

      My last trip, which was mostly highway gave me my best tank at 20.5 mpg... but usually I'm just over 17... mixed highway, city.



      Versus for instance...








      Draw your own conclusions... and yes, I have a car problem. I was expecting the Volvo to be better personally...
      Doesn't look like you have a problem to me, just good taste.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

      Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

    10. #43
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      NYC and LI
      Posts
      571
      Quote Originally Posted by DrVolkl View Post
      I was expecting the Volvo to be better personally...
      I'm actually not surprised. This is no ultra modern bleeding edge high tech direct injection double variable cam engine. Not counting the electronic engine management, turbo tech, and other external components, it an engine design that's quite long in the tooth. And it gives fuel economy to match.

      On the flip side, I expect greater longevity and less expensive annual or bi annual maintenance. Specifically, I do not expect to be told I have to pay many hundreds of dollars ever year or two to have the carbon build-up removed from my intake manifold and valves, as was the case with my Mini JCW ( I was told by the service manager he was finding most all Minis and BMWs coming in were needing that )
      - 2015.5 V60 Polestar #41/80 (BSM)
      - '98 MB C43 AMG w/an '01 E55 AMG engine, Penske 8100 racing dampers, adjustable spring perches, euro nav, ++more
      - '88 Mercedes Benz 560SL, stock

    11. #44
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      361
      Quote Originally Posted by m8o View Post
      I'm actually not surprised. This is no ultra modern bleeding edge high tech direct injection double variable cam engine. Not counting the electronic engine management, turbo tech, and other external components, it an engine design that's quite long in the tooth. And it gives fuel economy to match.

      On the flip side, I expect greater longevity and less expensive annual or bi annual maintenance. Specifically, I do not expect to be told I have to pay many hundreds of dollars ever year or two to have the carbon build-up removed from my intake manifold and valves, as was the case with my Mini JCW ( I was told by the service manager he was finding most all Minis and BMWs coming in were needing that )
      Fully agree. I have an Audi RS4 in the stable, the International Champion of the Universe in carbon buildup due to direct injection. Pretty much have to budget $1000 every time you want to chisel that stuff away, and some guys do it annually. DI looks wonderful on paper when it comes to efficiency and power, but the long term ownership proposition isn't as sexy. Not to mention my RS4 will lose up to 50 hp in between cleanings, something that doesn't show up in a magazine test on a low mile car. There is something to be said for old school tech...this engine will stay very clean with proper gas and regular oil changes.

      Back to the question at hand....22.5 mpg and 2,200 miles.

    12. #45
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      US West Coast
      Posts
      3,665
      5,200 miles Just creeped up to 19.6 mpg after a couple of longer trips
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

      Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

    13. #46
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Richmond, VA
      Posts
      76
      I took delivery in December and I just passed 5000 miles. We took one road trip to South Carolina so far and a few small trips around Virginia. Love the car so far! I'm averaging about 20 mpg.

    14. #47
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      US West Coast
      Posts
      3,665
      Quote Originally Posted by hensonje View Post
      I took delivery in December and I just passed 5000 miles. We took one road trip to South Carolina so far and a few small trips around Virginia. Love the car so far! I'm averaging about 20 mpg.
      I think someone just posted a thread about meeting you today. https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...1-Met-30-today
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

      Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

    15. #48
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Richmond, VA
      Posts
      76
      Quote Originally Posted by P50GT View Post
      I think someone just posted a thread about meeting you today. https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...1-Met-30-today
      I thought that at first, too. I was confused because my car is #30, but mine is the V60 and that looks like a S60. I do like meeting other enthusiasts though!

    16. #49
      Member TexasV60P's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      2,333
      1,886 miles
      18.5 mpg
      2015.5 #39 BSM V60 Polestar arrived 11-24-2014
      2004 V70R GT: SOLD Silver+Nordkap, Premium Sound+Subwoofer, Motorola BT, iMIV, IPD Stage II - DP - HDTCV, Kelly CAI, BMC, 10MM Spacers, Volvo DEM heat shield, '06 V70R console

    17. #50
      Member TexasV60P's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      2,333
      At this rate I should average about 5,000 miles @ year.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2015.5 #39 BSM V60 Polestar arrived 11-24-2014
      2004 V70R GT: SOLD Silver+Nordkap, Premium Sound+Subwoofer, Motorola BT, iMIV, IPD Stage II - DP - HDTCV, Kelly CAI, BMC, 10MM Spacers, Volvo DEM heat shield, '06 V70R console

    18. #51
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      US West Coast
      Posts
      3,665
      Quote Originally Posted by TexasV60P View Post
      At this rate I should average about 5,000 miles @ year.
      That's borderline neglect! Especially in TX with everything so spread out (I spent a bunch of time in the TX Triangle).
      Last edited by P50GT; 04-27-2015 at 04:00 PM.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

      Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

    19. #52
      Senior Member Johann's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Netherlands
      Posts
      10,097
      BAM!

      '17 Volvo S60 Polestar '15 XC60T5 Polestarised

    20. #53
      Junior Member DrVolkl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      76
      Just had my best tank at 23.5mpg with mostly highway. The car seems to be doing better as the engine is breaking in, or perhaps it's the whole summer gas thing? Anyhow, feels great... just over 4k miles now.

      #31 V60 RB
      E93 M3

    21. #54
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      NYC and LI
      Posts
      571

      The previous two times I went out on the track and it didn't go as well as hoped, I got 6.9mpg. Alternate proof I was hooked-up this time out!

      - 2015.5 V60 Polestar #41/80 (BSM)
      - '98 MB C43 AMG w/an '01 E55 AMG engine, Penske 8100 racing dampers, adjustable spring perches, euro nav, ++more
      - '88 Mercedes Benz 560SL, stock

    22. #55
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      South Bay, CA
      Posts
      678
      If you are tracking cars you shouldn't be worrying about your mpg. Fuel, tires and brakes are consumables, along with wear and tear.

      Heh, I may end up buying a second set of Polestar 20" rims and PSS's for my track weekends. Still cheaper than running say a 911.
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar #15/80, Matte Rebel Blue
      1993 Volvo 850 GLT, Red, 170K miles (gift to family)
      1979 Volvo 265 GL, Blue (sold)

    23. #56
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      NYC and LI
      Posts
      571
      I was hoping it led to some chuckles, that's all.

      The 19" black bbs rims in the winter wheel thread are a lot lighter. I wish in retrospect I got that instead of the quad rim, which is about the same weight as our 20" rims. I would have swapped winter tires for some light race tires in the summer.
      Last edited by m8o; 05-11-2015 at 08:57 PM.
      - 2015.5 V60 Polestar #41/80 (BSM)
      - '98 MB C43 AMG w/an '01 E55 AMG engine, Penske 8100 racing dampers, adjustable spring perches, euro nav, ++more
      - '88 Mercedes Benz 560SL, stock

    24. #57
      Member TexasV60P's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      2,333
      6 months ownership mileage check in:
      2,342 miles at 19.2 mpg
      2015.5 #39 BSM V60 Polestar arrived 11-24-2014
      2004 V70R GT: SOLD Silver+Nordkap, Premium Sound+Subwoofer, Motorola BT, iMIV, IPD Stage II - DP - HDTCV, Kelly CAI, BMC, 10MM Spacers, Volvo DEM heat shield, '06 V70R console

    25. #58
      Junior Member DrVolkl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      76
      Quote Originally Posted by TexasV60P View Post
      6 months ownership mileage check in:
      2,342 miles at 19.2 mpg
      Dand dude... I've had mine for 4months and I'm at 5100... Get er out and drive.
      #31 V60 RB
      E93 M3

    26. #59
      Member TexasV60P's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      2,333
      3,000 miles at 18.9 mpg
      2015.5 #39 BSM V60 Polestar arrived 11-24-2014
      2004 V70R GT: SOLD Silver+Nordkap, Premium Sound+Subwoofer, Motorola BT, iMIV, IPD Stage II - DP - HDTCV, Kelly CAI, BMC, 10MM Spacers, Volvo DEM heat shield, '06 V70R console

    27. #60
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      361
      Guess I should post here vs. the redundant thread. 3,900 miles. 20.6 mpg
      2015.5 V60 Polestar #8 - BSM

    28. #61
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Posts
      401
      Quote Originally Posted by kskpsu View Post
      Guess I should post here vs. the redundant thread. 3,900 miles. 20.6 mpg
      Choices link to redundant
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...al-mpg-s-kpl-s
      #63 RB san mateo,ca 17,575 miles, 17.3 mpg service 1 complete

    29. #62
      Junior Member DrVolkl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      76
      Looks like most of us are right around 19mpg average. Not too bad for what it is... awd etc etc.
      #31 V60 RB
      E93 M3

    30. #63
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      US West Coast
      Posts
      3,665
      I'm at 9,100 miles and fluctuate between 18.9 and 19.5mpg depending on the type of driving(mostly city vs city/highway). I agree that 19mpg isn't bad considering the weight, AWD and how most of us drive.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

      Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

    31. #64
      Junior Member TomOldi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Switzerland
      Posts
      450
      22.57 mpg over ~10900 Miles

    32. #65
      Junior Member DrVolkl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      76
      Quote Originally Posted by TomOldi View Post
      22.57 mpg over ~10900 Miles
      My last 10 fuel ups are averaging 20.4mpg ... so looks like the engine is breaking in nicely. Just noticed when I pulled into work this am that I hit 8000 miles. Car has been great the whole time.

      #31 V60 RB
      E93 M3

    33. #66
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Posts
      401
      Congrats ,
      #63 RB san mateo,ca 17,575 miles, 17.3 mpg service 1 complete

    34. #67
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      38
      Just over 8500 miles and filled up tonight, but had to chuckle a little when my trip gauge said I had 545 miles to go on the tank. Usually it says 420. I don't really believe any of the trip computers. The console screen says I'm getting 22.0 mpg over the 8500 miles. My phone app says I'm getting 22.4. But my fill ups (top off to top off) are giving me 20.5.

      [IMG][/IMG]

      Ignore the tire pressure warning. That just popped up.....again. It's the 4th time in the past 6 months or so.

    35. #68
      Junior Member DrVolkl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      76
      545!? Dang, you are getting some good numbers! You must get right on the freeway and right off... no city driving lol
      #31 V60 RB
      E93 M3

    36. #69
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Posts
      401
      #63
      --/

      -//
      Daily one way from work
      --/
      #63 RB san mateo,ca 17,575 miles, 17.3 mpg service 1 complete

    37. #70
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      38
      Quote Originally Posted by DrVolkl View Post
      545!? Dang, you are getting some good numbers! You must get right on the freeway and right off... no city driving lol
      Yeah I don't know what the Polestar was smoking when it registered 545. My daily route is just under 14 miles each way with only 5 of that on the freeway. So considering that, I'm fine with the 20.5mpg I'm getting so far. Weird thing is, I'm getting better mileage since the temp went above 110. I have no explanation for that considering it's black on black.

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast